AHEPA Management Company Employee Reviews

2.7
Ratings breakdown
Great Company to work for!
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  CTJanuary 13, 2018
I really hated seeing the negative reviews from past employees gripping about why they were let go or why they decided to leave so I decided to write of my experience with the company since 2007.
I have been with the company for 10+ years and can say that AHEPA is my home; I never intend to leave. The VP and my Regional are strong, amazing women that are caring, want you to succeed and have your back. We are very team oriented and strive for our employees to know their job responsibilities; however, we do hold employees accountable for their actions or lack of actions. We are working with the aging population and that is a feat in itself. We support each other and work as a team per building but we also build as a Region. We have annual meetings with the whole company to receive our training and we always have a great time seeing everyone.

I would highly recommend working for AHEPA Management Company. You are the manager for your own building and are responsible for your team and the lovely senior residents that reside. The job is very rewarding and it is what YOU make it! It is your JOB or your CAREER; there is a big difference.
Pros
Team atmosphere, good pay, good benefits
Cons
Mental health issues and aging senior sometimes make your days challenging.
Review with the company makes u not want to work for this company
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALDecember 14, 2017
I would never work for this company based off the reviews I saw. Poor management means poor company, I don’t want to work for a company like this. I do not like that
Management sends mixed messages. Rules and policies are inconsistent. Nepotism exist within the company.
Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mobile, AlOctober 10, 2017
Company is not willing to work with or meet the needs of their employees. If you have a disability and need special accommodations you can and will be terminated.
Pros
Working with elderly population, bring services and supporting the elderly population
Cons
Lack of consistency on policies
Good job, part time
Resident Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NHAugust 8, 2017
Planning educational programs for residents. Conducting annual assessments. Advocating, resource referrals. Nice office, small staff and caseload..
Awful company to work for
Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALAugust 4, 2017
I worked there for 11 years and was fired simply because the new PM and new regional didn't like me. The company hires people who have no idea what they are doing. They want robots that never question anything they say and will enforce unreasonable rules on residents and employees. The company does not care about the residents. They don't care that properties are becoming run down to the point that people are moving out as fast as they can. PM's are like dictators who if you are not kissing up then say goodbye to your job. And upper management allows this treatment from their PMs. This is an awful company to work for. They expect you to be loyal to them but show no loyalty to their employees.
Pros
Cons
Poor management
Very senior oriented
Assistant/Manager (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJuly 29, 2016
Nice place to work, very fulfilling, great job experience, if you love working with seniors but no medical experience, this is a great job opportunity.
Pros
Good benefits
flexibility work at your own pace excellent employer
housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCMarch 3, 2016
Good job good pay have good management friendly environment great security. Overall satisfied with employment here.
Friendship out in the workplace
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJanuary 27, 2016
Had to deal with Service Coordinator who was best friend of Regional. Too political for me. I believe that friendship should not be what you look for in the workplace. It creates too many problems. Mobile properties know what I'm talking about.
Pros
Cons
Many
Senior Apartment Complex that is fun and creates an atmosphere of joy
Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Columbia, South CarolinaFebruary 3, 2015
Working at AHEPA is a wonderful, life changing experience. The management staff are supportive, informative and encouraging. The Resident's are gracious and always appreciative of the services the Coordinator provides them. Ahepa is a senior apartment complex. The hardest part of the job is not always being able to access services for our Residents. The most enjoyable part of the job is being allowed the honor of being a part of a Senior's life and assisting them in the final stages of their life with dignity.
Pros
The benefits are excellent
Cons
Not always being able to access the services the Resident is seeking
Great place to work, the residents became family
Supportive Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 23, 2014
When I arrived to work many of the residents would be in the community room waiting for the facilities van to pick them up for shopping.

So I would take the opportunity to go and interact with the residents, set appointment follow up on previous conversations or appointments. Once the residents depart for their day of shopping I would go to my office, check my voicemail and email and respond as needed.

I would then prepare for any appointments I had set for the day. I would then check my dashboard to make sure I am up to date on all resident assessments.

If I had time before my first appointment I would then visit the property manager to see if their were any information that I needed to know about the residents (late emergencies, complaints etc.)

I would go back to my office and go to my appointment many of time I would visit the residents apartment for appointments, but for those residents that do not get out of their apartment often I will have my appointment in my office or sometimes in the community room depending on the reason of the appointment.

I congregate with the residents during the delivery of lunch meals on wheel. We encourage the residents to eat their lunch in the community room. and use that time as interaction time.

I will then go back to my office check my voicemail and email again and continue with my appointments and visits for the remaining of my day.
One of the worst companies I have worked for
Supportive Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Allentown , PAJune 3, 2014
I was employed as a supportive service coordinator for a little over a year and half. Management doesn't care about the residents and does not want to listen to anything they have to say. The Property manager and her regional manager as well as Ahepa in general should not be working in the field of an aging population. The PM had many issues and was rude, nasty and degrading to many. She should not be in a position to work in any type of customer service, She continually brought her personal problems to the position. She has different rules for different people. Overlooked many issues because of who it was . Supervisory and regional staff /management most were incompetent . They were more about reaction and interfering with programs that residents were entitled to based on income. Residents had many complaints about being lied to by management. PM would say one thing then contradict herself. PM would goat residents into trying to state how they felt knowing that she was being intimidating and felt they could be evicted.
I have worked with older adults close to 30 years and never in the 30 years did I feel that these residents did not have a voice. I was to advocate for these residents except when it came to management then I was suppose to work it out but management never worked it out. It was there way or no way. I was told that I need to be professional and I was when my character, integrity and reputation were being attacked.
Pros
Helping the residents remain independent
Cons
No benefits, no sick days, no vacation days, took away health insurance, only were paid for holidays it you were scheduled to work on the day of the holiday
The "higher ups", such as CEO, Reg Mgr were very , very rude, dicitorial, terrible!
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Norwich, CTJune 6, 2013
I worked there for a few years. My supervisor, Reg Mgr, was mean , rude, played favorites, very, very unfair. It did not matter how excellent you were in your job, if she didn't like you, she treated you deplorably!. She ridiculed me in front of a room full of my colleagues! There were numerous other such incidents, too many to count. I found out that another manager, doing exactly what I was doing, and hired after I was, was making $9.00 an hour more than me!!! I do not like to criticize anyone, but it is unavoidable in this case. I worked for other companies who were very good to work for - however, this was a sad experience.
Pros
good health insurance
Cons
everything else
I worked here for 13 years. I enjoyed working for this company.
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYAugust 9, 2012
Property Manager of an elderly affordable housing facility in Syracuse, NY. This position helped me to be very organized and to prioritize everything in this fast paced office and required attention to detail at all times. Management was great and we went on a trip once each year to have a regional meeting with all other Property Managers. There was a tremendous amount of paperwork involved in this position, so I found hardest part of the day was always managing to get all the paperwork done in a timely manner. I could have used a part-time assistant. The most enjoyable part of the job was spent with the residents at our community functions and during their annual recertifications in the office.
Pros
it's all good!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AHEPA Management Company. Our community is ready to answer.

AHEPA Management Company Reviews by Location