Ahold Delhaize

Ahold Delhaize Employee Reviews

United States80 reviews

teamcompanybenefitmanagementgoodplaceenvironmentlot

Excellent Culture

Work Independently, check in occasionally, group participation is expected on occasion. You will have the opportunity to meet upper management in person from time to time over lunch or dinner which is nice even though it is a remote job. Upper management makes it a point to visit headquarters a few times a year.

Productive and entertaining at times

It really depends on your co-workers and superiors since each position is structured. You will have to speak up regarding hours needed or not enough time off between shifts.

Ahold Delhaize insights

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction

Fun people to work with

Your peers are fun and patient as they all understand that we are all in it together. Management is not aligned on process pr resource location. Product Managers are empowered to actually be Product Managers. Priority shifting is constant as business roadmap strategies are never well thought out or planned out. Scrum Teams are well connected and organized.

A Job where the people make it worth it.

I was first at another food lion but I needed to transfer over to another one to save money. The transfer was easy, the people were nice. I felt a little estranged at first and my weird colored hair was probably off putting but these people all care about you.Multiple nights they would check to make sure I was safe to go home, even offering me rides. When they saw I wasn't feeling well they took care of me and offered me very helpful tips.The only reason I would leave and had to leave this place is because of moving. I don't think I'm ever going to meet nice coworkers that were as special as this in a while. I'm really sad to have left.

Easy Money, if you can handle the drama

Lot of turnover due to the nature of warehousing work. It is hard to get promoted, or moved to a different scheduled because of seniority. They promote to leadership based on tenure, not necessarily ability to do a job well.

Fun job

It’s a fun job. It’s grocery/retail work, so going in know you have to wear many hats. Mostly entry level, but if you show a great work ethic, you can go far. I enjoyed my time there very much. My management team did their level best to help everyone achieve their goals and would never ask you to do what they wouldn’t do.

Horrible hours

This company gives you different hours everday, everyweek, diff days off, diff stores to be in. No set schedule and the hours are so all over the place that you never get to have a life.

Good pay but high turnover and stressful

The job is simple but can be stressful. The pay is good but hours can be long and the turnover rate is high. The job is physically demanding. There is also favoritism among management and selectors.

Pros

Pay

Disorganized Mess

Management was unapproachable and wouldn't listen to concerns. The actual role wasn't well-defined. Wasn't told which direction to take or what goals were to be reached and then got into trouble when they weren't 'reached'. Communication was horrendous. Employees were impossible.

Great Place to work

Large company, lots of work. As a PM, lots of status report and lots of budget interaction and accountability. Lots of meetings. Lots of tools to use, lots of visibility. Make sure status reports are accurate. Lots of support, and yet things move slow.

Pros

Lots of flexibility and learning opportunities

Cons

Unable to see who corporate structure / org chart

They set me up to fail

This job has horrible management and supervision I did not like it from the start training was horrible they expected you to know everything on the first day they were not very helpful the trainer was not very nice very unprofessional kids kept interrupting the training session it was supposed to be a 6 month assignment I was working there for two years just for them to keep threatening to fire me over technical issues if your looking for stability somewhere to grow this is not a good place they had fake customers calling my phone constantly after I transferred case to management they kept having the same person call me to complain on purpose just to fire me

Pros

Pay weekly

Cons

Everything else

Too much change

Constant change, management change, structure change, etc results in your pay, bonus and benefits changed. Work life balance seems to be talked about but not actually supported

Fun place to work PGL’s are horrible

Great place to work on 3rd shift in freezer as a lift driver . First shift has people In charge that shouldn’t be . There is no leading by example & PGL’s are horrible . Management does not care at all .

Pros

3rd shift

Cons

PGL’s, management & work examples

My experience wasn’t complete trash

I was a bit of a slacker at the time to be honest. Working for Hannaford it was my for job. I didn’t get trained very greatly. I didn’t have the store mapped out very well. I again was new to employment so I’d stay clocked in and sneak out the back door and go to the movie theater next door and watch a movie while the pallet I was supposed to be unloading was sitting on the floor waiting. And then when I got back theyd be like what happened what took so long??? I would find an excuse like oh 7 people needed help or so and so needed my help with carts or something like that. I eventually got caught when the school resource officer was at the movies and I was wearing my uniform and I went back and he saw me there.

Pros

Good hours and treatment.

Cons

Training isn’t the greatest “depending on the person training and store I’m guessing”, limited trainer availability.

This store is okay

I think overall, if you are looking for a part time job with 16-25 hours a week this may be for you.You can’t be lazy though, as this store does decent volume. The management is lax in that they hire folks too quickly and then when they call out, you are called in to pick up the slack. Sometimes you can’t do it all. Also, they will promise hours and then not deliver.

Pros

Fair staff and management

Cons

full time for dept mgrs only

Great company--cares about their employees

The managers and supervisors are all held (and uphold) the Hannaford standard of friendliness and professionalism. Everyone at the Hampden location is kind and committed to providing excellent customer service.

This is fitting into managements click

Everything has to be cleared from the top! People are allowed to call you out in front of the whole staff! Assistant of the group does this as well! Taking all issues to the employees on the floor! Very unprofessional!!!

Pros

Cons

Unprofessional handling of employees

Productive and fun working environment

The work culture at Ahold-Delhaize is relaxed but productive. The dress code is fairly casual and everyone I worked with was friendly and fun to be around.

Easy Remote Position

Work from home with little oversight, but also little management. A lot of driving (over half the workday). Get a rental van, phone, laptop, and work remotely, but be frustrated by 0 days off per year.

Pros

Long Lunches

Cons

No healthcare, no time off, on call mandatory

Fun, Fast Pace Environment

Food Lion is heavily involved in the cities and towns it services. Through the Food Lion "FEEDS" program, providing meals to families and community's in need of nutritious food.

challenging and rewarding

Over all it is a good place to work. It's challenging and rewarding with a positive culture. There is opportunity for advancement. There are some long days and or weeks but the company is willing to give the time back or pay out salary workers.

Pros

advancment oppernunities

Cons

work holidays and weekends

Common questions about Ahold Delhaize

Answered by current and former employees at Ahold Delhaize

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ahold Delhaize. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits
  • Ahold Delhaize
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?