AHRC New York City Employee Reviews

The job is safe but not enough opportunities to move up, grow and make more money
Employment Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 10, 2018
At AHRCNYC, I love the work I do every day. I am always half an hour or 45 minutes early in the office. Co-workers respect each other and the work I do is fun. The job is very overwhelming but because I possess some basic Excel skills, I am able to prioritize and streamline the different components of my overall assignments.
not fun
bed bugs
roaches
mice
abuse
AHRC is a great organization to work for.
Administrative Operations Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 2, 2018
AHRC helps individuals with all their needs and provides excellent support to the families as well.
AHRC has an excellent insurance benefit and offers most holidays and paid time off.
Pros
flexibility, great insurance
Cons
you are constantly busy
Very rewarding
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 31, 2018
Awesome Field very rewarding. To see the smiles and gratitude when I see how I make a individuals day. It's a challenging field which requires patience, time, understanding and love
Pros
Provide care
Cons
This agency is a good place
Staff worker (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYOctober 1, 2018
They give you good hours and negotiate with you if you need more or less hours they’ll work around your schedule. Good staff and managers are very helpful.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No breaks
Ok place to work for a short time
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 6, 2018
Good if you wish to have a job and not a career. Hard to advance within the company. Pay does not equal amount of work done or time spent from home caring for others.
Pros
Unlimited over time
Cons
Low pay, mandated stay
good part time jog
Residential Habilitation Counselor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 4, 2018
I enjoyed working with people with disabililities. Most of the families I worked with were very nice people and I worked well with them. The company tends to place you in homes close to your home.
Very busy, attentive job
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYAugust 18, 2018
To work at AHRC... You grow to love many of the individuals as your own family. This position is definitely for kind-hearted people with lots of patience.
Pros
Lots of training
rewarding working with people of all ages with special needs
Residential Habilitation Counselor (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 15, 2018
It was rewarding working with people with special needs one on one. AHRC is a very organized and strict organization but it has high turnover and poor management of followup for employees.
Pros
organized
Cons
high turnover
A wonderful place to work
New York (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 25, 2018
I am proud to work at AHRC NYC, and I love to tell people what I do. It feels good to know that I work for an organization that does so much good, and to be part of it all.
Brooklyn, NY
CSC (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 1, 2018
The "manager" at BK EBS is the common denominator for all of the negative, heard many negative things from various current and previous employees and previous management about the behavior and past actions would have resulted in removal elsewhere. One day you are the "best friend" the next day doesn't even speak to you; totally unprofessional and obviously uneducated. Needs to be checked. Informs upper management about you in any negative way and the upper management who has never worked with you or barely knows you does not take the time to know who you are and what you accomplish on the job. The main office does little to offer support and all of the boroughs are on different pages. I have never worked with people who behave this way. There is no organizational management or professional management skills. One in charge doesn't know how to talk to professional people and talks to some others as if they are children, no respect Added on duties to set one up to fail, if they don't want you there, they will set you up. The pay vs. the job duties are out of order and needs to be reviewed and adjusted; eligible for public benefits, can't even afford an apartment share . Those who work in the field are delighted not to be in the office. Do not need to be sponsored to live in the US and will not do each and everything asked since salaries are supposed to be based upon work duties and work responsibilities in the real world. Director of another department is impressed with themselves but are not "all that, ranted and raved about one question then the next day as so agreeable  more... after thought, should have been the "director" and directed. No one stands up to them and they definitely need to be checked. One has visions of other measures with the bad behavior and unprofessionalism.  less
Pros
Some staff
Cons
Management is S.A.D., acronyms allowed...
Working at AHRC
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 27, 2018
Poor managerial staffing, also lazy and neglectful co-workers. On many occasions was left to do two times the work , due to prior shifts co-worker neglect of doing the work.
Pros
40 hours per week
Cons
Work atmosphere
horrible
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYApril 18, 2018
overworked and under paid. you are expected to do so much. Poor management that belittles staff. didn't have the proper resources for the clients to meet their goals.
n/a
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 13, 2018
I do not know the ceo. I can not answer this question. I can only say that I enjoy working at AHRC because I enjoy helping those in need who aren't and/or cant help themselves
Pros
helping those in need
Cons
n/a
Great experience
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 26, 2018
I have learned a lot working here . My shift was flexible to my needs . Working with the company in this field makes me see the world differently and notice things I’ve seen everyday but never really see understand
Great coworkers
Staffing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  homecareFebruary 18, 2018
Great place to work. Director constantly involving himself in affairs that did not involve him. He was a bully when it suited his need and he constantly pushed his,agenda. Made everyone around him uncomfortable. Probably still does..
Pros
time off, benefits
Cons
stress, management
Community Support Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 19, 2018
It is a good place too.Work at with good staff and csp it offers a lot of training and staff development and the benefits is good at the agency I will recommend them to anyone.
Pros
Paid time off
Production Specialits
Production Specialist/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 18, 2018
Job is to train adult individuals with challenges to join the work force as maintenance workers. Working with these individuals is rewarding, the other part of job, is very stressful and challenging, as time is limited and demands to complete route sites is unrealistic.
this is because I am working/training individuals that need time to learn and practice with lost of support and encouragement. But the company seeks to have all work done in an hour..
Pros
rewarding
Cons
over worked
People were fun to work with.
Community Service Provider (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYJanuary 9, 2018
I have always loved the feeling of satisfaction that I get by helping the ones in need. I appreciate the feeling of gratitude that they show with our services. Working as a community service provider, it was my responsibility to take care of people admitted here at AHRC and to do my best to get the attendees of the program into various fun and learning activities.
awesome
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 3, 2018
AHRC NYC offers Direct Placement Programs for individuals who are interested in direct employment opportunities, as opposed to an internship or a training program. Our programs also offer people with intellectual and developmental disabilities opportunities to enter the workforce, and to be successful inAHRC New York City’s employment training services include: School to Work programs, Daily Job-Readiness programs, Internships, and Career Training programs. maintaining their employment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AHRC New York City. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight