AHRC New York City Employee Reviews

n/a
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 13, 2018
I do not know the ceo. I can not answer this question. I can only say that I enjoy working at AHRC because I enjoy helping those in need who aren't and/or cant help themselves
Pros
helping those in need
Cons
n/a
Great experience
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 26, 2018
I have learned a lot working here . My shift was flexible to my needs . Working with the company in this field makes me see the world differently and notice things I’ve seen everyday but never really see understand
Great coworkers
Staffing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  homecareFebruary 18, 2018
Great place to work. Director constantly involving himself in affairs that did not involve him. He was a bully when it suited his need and he constantly pushed his,agenda. Made everyone around him uncomfortable. Probably still does..
Pros
time off, benefits
Cons
stress, management
Community Support Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 19, 2018
It is a good place too.Work at with good staff and csp it offers a lot of training and staff development and the benefits is good at the agency I will recommend them to anyone.
Pros
Paid time off
Production Specialits
Production Specialist/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 18, 2018
Job is to train adult individuals with challenges to join the work force as maintenance workers. Working with these individuals is rewarding, the other part of job, is very stressful and challenging, as time is limited and demands to complete route sites is unrealistic.
this is because I am working/training individuals that need time to learn and practice with lost of support and encouragement. But the company seeks to have all work done in an hour..
Pros
rewarding
Cons
over worked
People were fun to work with.
Community Service Provider (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYJanuary 9, 2018
I have always loved the feeling of satisfaction that I get by helping the ones in need. I appreciate the feeling of gratitude that they show with our services. Working as a community service provider, it was my responsibility to take care of people admitted here at AHRC and to do my best to get the attendees of the program into various fun and learning activities.
awesome
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 3, 2018
AHRC NYC offers Direct Placement Programs for individuals who are interested in direct employment opportunities, as opposed to an internship or a training program. Our programs also offer people with intellectual and developmental disabilities opportunities to enter the workforce, and to be successful inAHRC New York City’s employment training services include: School to Work programs, Daily Job-Readiness programs, Internships, and Career Training programs. maintaining their employment.
Great company.
Substitute Counselor (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYNovember 15, 2017
The clients were our main concern., and we worked hard to ensure their safety and well-being were what was expected of us. We were encouraged because of the work-life culture. Everyone was willing to help if you asked.
Pros
Good work morale
Cons
Nothing.
Work places are excellent, but very poor management, no staff care concerns at all. One way traffic
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 15, 2017
There are potential staffs who have the capacity to take the organization in a suitable place, but there is nobody to take care of staff and identify the potential staff.

I didn't see the shadow of the mission and vision of the organization in any of the management.
learning Experience
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  88 maiden lnNovember 14, 2017
Waxing and stripping floors, Teach and evaluate work skill for people with special needs
• Open and close facility and Maintain Facilities Clean
• Deal with consumers and their request and complains about the facility • Order supplies and uniform for workers
• Deal with workers payroll
• First aid Certified
Residential Counselor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 27, 2017
Nice agency. Fun and very flexible. The individuals you meet are awesome. This agency does a great job in helping people with disabilities live independent lives.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Salary
Home Care
Regional Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 18, 2017
There are days that are fast paced and there are days that are reasonable. It's never a dull day yet the work can get redundant if you let it. There are opportunities for personal growth but little in terms of career advancement within the Home Care Department.
It’s a good place overall the clients are great to work with
RN Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Centereach, NYOctober 5, 2017
The clients are great. But the management Is poor. There’s not enough staff. People always mandated to stay extra hours. Most of the time a nurse could have to many clients under their care
Pros
Stag cares for clients.
Cons
Not enough staff. And no raise.
Good entry Level Enviroment
Related Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 3, 2017
AhrcNyc is a good entry level environment. A day in my job does not require too much moving. I am on a computer most of the time and I do work that can become repetitive. There is definitely room to pick up/help supervisor with more work because once you get the hang with your job, it becomes easier and can be completed faster. Good workplace culture and a very autonomous environment.
Pros
Laid back environment, location
Cons
Not paid enough, Not challenged
This was a balanced job.
Residential Habilitation Counselor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 2, 2017
Schedules here were varied as I worked with both the parents and the company to take care of the client. The basic job description was to acclimate the client to his environment so that he/she could learn to function in society.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
low pay
Good place when you want a part time job only
Rehabilitation Counselor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 26, 2017
The individuals is what makes it worth it. The Home Care Department is incompetent.
The hours are ok again if you. Need part time hours. Very rare to have full time hours.
A Family Atmosphere- Wonderful Place to Work
administration (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 23, 2017
AHRC NYC is a great company to work for. We do good work supporting people with disabilities, and we approach the people we support and our employees like family.
Pros
loving, supportive environment
Cons
long commute
Productive class
Housekeeping Trainee (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 15, 2017
Excellent Hands on training. They started from the very basic. You learn exactly what chemicals to use and not to use. Typically it's crowded yet productive
Pros
Checks
Cons
No free lunch
Its Alright
Community Support Professional (Former Employee) –  NYCJuly 27, 2017
Its not the best company I've worked for in my life. The turn over rate within the staff is absolutely absurd. The amount of people who call out a day and screw other staff over is ridiculous. There is no respect for co-workers who take on more than they can chew. The schedule also does not help or benefit the staff in anyway. A typical commute to every clients house can take up to an hour and 30 minutes. Even if you tell a supervisor it is extreme to get to someones apartment from your home they do not care you are a name on the schedule. You are told at the orientation that you there is "room to grow"... I have worked with them for two years, tried to move up, contacted other people within the organization and have gotten very few if any responses. The clients themselves for the most part are very nice, but can be difficult to work with because they do have IDD. I would not recommend a CSP job because the hard work goes unappreciated, and the lack of cash living in NYC is not worth the stress.
Pros
learning the city, benefits for full time
Cons
staff is inconsistent, high turn over rate
meh
Quality Improvement Nurse (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 8, 2017
It has some good sides to working here, however it is administratively heavy and matters who you are and who you know. Limited advancement opportunities

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AHRC New York City. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.8

2.1Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight