AIA Group Limited Employee Reviews

Decent enough place to work for, we celebrated halloween, and St. Patricks Day with corned beef and cabbage a bonus, they were really into that,
DATA ENTRY CLERK (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJMarch 1, 2018
Good place to work for; very family oriented company; you did your work, it wasn't hard, the people there were pleasant enough; the building was very upscale for that area,
Pros
enjoyed celebrating the holidays, staff was pretty good, work wasn't to hard
Cons
benefits not great at all, and the downsized and put a lot of good people out of work
okay
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  AIA TowerAugust 8, 2017
good working environment.
the benefits are good.
career advancement or lateral transfer is not applicable.
you can learn a lot about insurance handling and technical terms
Interesting
Licensed Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJuly 19, 2017
Interesting place to work. Lack of advancement. Learned to assist costumers of all backgrounds. Quiet place. Enjoyed meeting new people. Loved writing new insurance policies and helping to find good rates.
Smart group, fast paced work environment
Benefits Consultant (Current Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAJuly 6, 2017
Innovative company truly seeking to help their clients control health care costs through disruptive payment programs, employee culture and long term strategies
Good Place and a Free Place to work
Officer (Former Employee) –  KandanaJanuary 17, 2017
This company pays well. And they do have jobs in all areas in Sri Lanka and also we could request for any area closer. But then again if work in a branch we should work on 25th and 30th/31st of every Month, as these are cut-off date for wealth-planner to achieve their branch targets every month.
Pros
Night Shift food and travelling allowance, OT pay, and monthly traveling allowance
Cons
Saturday, Sunday off and Calendar Holidays. 1hr lunch break.
Administrative Assistant
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 16, 2017
Good place to work. Recommend it to anyone. Typical day at work is the same as any Administrative Assistant. Management is fine and co-workers are fine to work with.
Unprofessional
officer/ cashier (Former Employee) –  KandanaSeptember 22, 2016
They seek for unprofessional managers for branches, even the ones blacklisted in other insurance companies have been taken, just to increase business. Because of this other employees are unable to follow the rules and regulations in the company, and if anything goes wrong due to the managers fault, we are been blacklisted. So before hand I had to leave the place.

And I recommend working in the head office, but not in branches. Never recommend anyone.
Pros
If night shift you get Rs. 300.00 for employees. Wealthplanners only get commission
Cons
Every end of the month only we should work late night.
diversified world
Intern of Financial Department (Former Employee) –  HongKong, ChinaDecember 16, 2015
diversified working environment makes me more open-minded to hear different opinions.
I definitely got a glimpse of insurance industry and made my career plan in the next future years.
Great tutor I've got in AIA and everyone is nice and unique!
Surety Company
Contracts/Licensing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calabasas, CASeptember 30, 2015
AIA is an OK place to work. It was really great until they hired an unfriendly, cold, HR person with no personality or relatibility at all. Typical day at work involved phones, correspondence, assisting boss with her In-Basket, communicating with CA Dept of Insurance and other secretarial tasks. Management was cool until they began to get really "corporate". Co-workers were amazing. Hardest part of the job was relating to and getting along with the HR person. Most enjoyable part of the job was co-workers and clients.
Offering sales to the public, making payments, selling insurance
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TexasSeptember 17, 2015
Very productive work environment, always had something to do, and opportunity to socialize with the public. Had no problem with co-workers, very helpful when struggling with making sales.
Pros
Flexible schedule, free lunches.
Cons
Under pressure to sell insurance and make daily sales.
fast pace company with advancement opportunities
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJuly 8, 2013
fast pace company with advancement opportunities in a face pace enviroment
Productive and fun place to work
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALNovember 9, 2012
This job was never slow, I learned everything I needed to know about auto, homeowners and business insurance. The managment on this job was great! My co workers were also terrific. The hardest part of a job was when a person couldnt insured according to past records. THe most enjoyable part of this job was my customers, I really loved them.
I quit this job due to a higher pay rate at HSI, and I really regreat that decission.
Pros
job its self
Cons
low pay