AIA Group Limited

Working at AIA Group Limited: 25 Reviews

United States25 reviews

fun place to work

Good place to learn and good teamwork. All good but some got toxic management. really enjoy to work here. all friends are commited and so supportive.

Pros

Cons

no bonus

Great place to work at

Management really cared about your well-being; hours can be slightly longer than a 9-5 job; has a supportive and fun culture; most people are quantitatively inclined

AIA Group Limited insights

What people like
  • Fair pay for job
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Trust in colleagues

Bad work life balance and no inclusiveness

Everyone speaks Cantonese and no one wants to include you in the conversation. The job is very boring as well. I don't see any growth. Very unhappy here

Okay place to work

It was an okay place to work I like the people I work with. People with great to work with everyone was friendly and very helpful. Once a month on Friday we got a free lunch they farted in which was nice. And okay the bonus structure was set up in a way where it could be achieved which was nice.

Pros

Take a break whenever you want it

Cons

Had to work Saturdays

Bad team management

Old people refuse to change. Tell management to release old agency and stop hindering younger people growth. Tied agency will be gone soon. As ifa is the new trend in the market

Productive workplace

It was ver productive. It was easy to communicate with the managers and nealsrly always, I was given a game when I requested for it. It also worked well with my school schedule.

Pros

Make my own hours

Cons

Jobs were far from my house

Stressful and worthful

The life and work in Hongkong is very stressful and so as the time spended in AIA. Good performance makes AIA have to maintain good relationships with customers.

Decent enough place to work for, we celebrated halloween, and St. Patricks Day with corned beef and cabbage a bonus, they were really into that,

Good place to work for; very family oriented company; you did your work, it wasn't hard, the people there were pleasant enough; the building was very upscale for that area,

Pros

enjoyed celebrating the holidays, staff was pretty good, work wasn't to hard

Cons

benefits not great at all, and the downsized and put a lot of good people out of work

okay

good working environment. the benefits are good. career advancement or lateral transfer is not applicable. you can learn a lot about insurance handling and technical terms

Interesting

Interesting place to work. Lack of advancement. Learned to assist costumers of all backgrounds. Quiet place. Enjoyed meeting new people. Loved writing new insurance policies and helping to find good rates.

Smart group, fast paced work environment

Innovative company truly seeking to help their clients control health care costs through disruptive payment programs, employee culture and long term strategies

Good Place and a Free Place to work

This company pays well. And they do have jobs in all areas in Sri Lanka and also we could request for any area closer. But then again if work in a branch we should work on 25th and 30th/31st of every Month, as these are cut-off date for wealth-planner to achieve their branch targets every month.

Pros

Night Shift food and travelling allowance, OT pay, and monthly traveling allowance

Cons

Saturday, Sunday off and Calendar Holidays. 1hr lunch break.

Administrative Assistant

Good place to work. Recommend it to anyone. Typical day at work is the same as any Administrative Assistant. Management is fine and co-workers are fine to work with.

Unprofessional

They seek for unprofessional managers for branches, even the ones blacklisted in other insurance companies have been taken, just to increase business. Because of this other employees are unable to follow the rules and regulations in the company, and if anything goes wrong due to the managers fault, we are been blacklisted. So before hand I had to leave the place. And I recommend working in the head office, but not in branches. Never recommend anyone.

Pros

If night shift you get Rs. 300.00 for employees. Wealthplanners only get commission

Cons

Every end of the month only we should work late night.

very fast past

the hardest part of the job was that everyone looked to me because i was the most experienced. Which is not much to say because i only worked there one year. AIA has a very high turn over rate. so i worked with many people who had no clue what they were doing. The most enjoyable part of the job was, we competed against one another. Everyone wanted to be the fastest, most precise and accurate at the job they were doing.

diversified world

diversified working environment makes me more open-minded to hear different opinions. I definitely got a glimpse of insurance industry and made my career plan in the next future years. Great tutor I've got in AIA and everyone is nice and unique!

Surety Company

AIA is an OK place to work. It was really great until they hired an unfriendly, cold, HR person with no personality or relatibility at all. Typical day at work involved phones, correspondence, assisting boss with her In-Basket, communicating with CA Dept of Insurance and other secretarial tasks. Management was cool until they began to get really "corporate". Co-workers were amazing. Hardest part of the job was relating to and getting along with the HR person. Most enjoyable part of the job was co-workers and clients.

Offering sales to the public, making payments, selling insurance

Very productive work environment, always had something to do, and opportunity to socialize with the public. Had no problem with co-workers, very helpful when struggling with making sales.

Pros

Flexible schedule, free lunches.

Cons

Under pressure to sell insurance and make daily sales.

Funn!!

Great time working with these people. Making great money and great connex!! Customers were our first priority, but boss made sure that we were making good commissions at the end of the day

Enjoyable and always learning somethin new.

A typical day included answering all calls, never knowing what kind of person would be calling, doing whatever was necessary to help them with their policies, taking payments over the phone, sharing information with my co-workers, getting clarification from management when necessary, knowing that sometimes I would have to tell someone no; that couldn't be done, laughing with my co-workers over a funny story.

Pros

Flexibility on time.

Cons

Lack of raises

Productive and independent

I did come in review the duties for the day, and prioritized them, then got ready for the street crew. updated the architectural plans and did follow up with new prospects for projects. Completed any project to be delivered, review pending payments, made any necessary calls. Responsible of paying bills, and payroll processing. The most enjoyable part of my job was to be able to work independently. The hardest part was traveling to Atlanta every day.

Pros

lunch time paid, flexible hours, worked independently

Cons

drive to atlanta

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AIA Group Limited. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits