AIC Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Contract insurance sales
Insurance Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 17, 2018
The daily routine included cold calls to customers to persuade them to meet with you and listen to a sales pitch to provide insurance policies. A lot of driving in your personal vehicle with no reimbursement for mileage.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Too many people forgot to keep their appointments
Great School
Quality Control Inspector (Current Employee) –  Garden Grove, CAJuly 13, 2018
AIC is a good company, when it comes to giving inexperienced individuals the opportunity to gain knowledge in the aerospace field. This company gave me the opportunity to learn in several different positions.
Pros
Lots of Over Time
Cons
Short Breaks, Work 7 days a week
A Great Place To Work
Front Desk Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAJuly 11, 2018
One of the best jobs I have ever had! My supervisor looked out for the best interest of our department. The executives cared about every employee and it was "family first". Felt like an extended family : )
Pros
Short Fridays from Memorial Day through Labor Day
Fun place to work, good clients.
Customer Service Contractor (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 16, 2018
Over all AIC is a good company to work for. The benefit package could be much better, as could the time off policy. I believe they could do more for the employees regarding contract maximums before hiring.
Recruited and place technical personnel for various IT firms in Co
Senior Technical Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 8, 2017
Review resumes, interviewed and placed software engineers in the Denver metro area. Wrote ads, searched and networked to obtain the best professionals.
Owner likely to flip for no reason!
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Hilton Head Island, SCNovember 8, 2017
The owner expects a lot of all of his employees and is likely to not notice all you put in. I worked 10-12 hours a day for years and never got an hour of overtime, even though I was not exempt.
Highly productive, intellectual, money orientated company
HD Equipment Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Prudhoe Bay, AKMarch 27, 2017
I Loved working for AIC, but i was to young to understand what they were offering me. I also learn and grew with this company in my apprentiship years, and highly respected everyone i worked for there.
Pros
money
Cons
out of town
No fun
Centerless grinder (Current Employee) –  Garden Grove, CAJanuary 18, 2017
Very good place to work if you like to work seven a week
Needs improvement on its safety,specially on the floor
And they need to care more about their operators
Pros
Bonus
Cons
Safety and pay rate
good jobe
collection case manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VADecember 11, 2016
collect on bank cards . incentives for all to help motivate employees to meet goal for production
the pay was great. hardest part was the schedule
Pros
great pay
Cons
diffrent shifts
AIC was not a fair place to work in the 1990's
LEVEL TWO Software Support Consultant (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CA 95119October 5, 2016
Too much inter office politics. But the work itself was very interesting. As a contractor I worked at IBM Software support center on Cottle Road in San Jose for AIC. I learned new software and how to fix problems (APAR's and PTF's mostly.) Management was incoherent at best as there were two sets. One AIC management and then IBM management. Not good. Co-workers were not consistent in there work ethic. Hardest part of the job was putting up with back biting. Most enjoyable was leaving when IBM on Cottle road left.
Pros
Cons
wishing I'd left sooner
Good place to work wonderful owner.
Insurance Agent/Producer (Former Employee) –  Benbrook, TXApril 13, 2016
I loved working here the ownwer sold out to the company I work for now. The down fall of working at AIC was no benefits. I liked the people I worked with was able to advance to management.
It would be a better work environment if proper communication and training were implemented.
Collections Officer (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 1, 2016
There is a lack of communication, training, and resources to ensure your success with the company. Co workers are supportive and helpful.
Productive, fun, family-like workplace
MR Masker & Finalizer (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CADecember 18, 2015
AIC (Advanced Industrial Coatings) in Stockton, CA
Learned how to work fast while maintaining excellent quality products; co-workers were super friendly and helped each other out. When I didn't have a ride home, anyone available would offer a ride home or close-by (men and women alike). Supervisor was hard on you but always looked out for everyone, while making sure everything moved along smoothly as well.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the cleanliness, breaks, and communication between all workers in AIC. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the ovens in MR.
Pros
More than 1 microwave, working water jug with hot water, family-like workplace
Good job
Journeyman Agricultural Millright (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMarch 3, 2015
I have worked as a millwright for several years. This company was as advertised. Pay and per diem were good for the job required. I have worked as an agricultural millwright for several companies and would work for them again.
Busy and interesting
Development Operations IT Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 6, 2014
Since I worked and went to school there I saws a lot of policies change and people come and go. I liked the work and loved working with many of the people there.

A typical day at work started with emails from the night before and then trying to address all the problems that popped up before new things started being brought to my attention as the day went on.

Because I was responsible for over 60 employees and their computer hardware and software needs it was incredibly important to be punctual, prioritize projects and maintain a professional and friendly for desktop support.

The Development team I worked with was very busy so I always made it a point to explain what went wrong clearly and briefly and make sure to listen to their work needs.

Some days nothing broke and I could focus on maintaining a huge inventory of software and hardware. Also during those times I could pursue new long term projects that would make everyone's life that much easier at work.

I enjoy helping people and knowing everyone in the community.
Pros
free snacks, world class art collection, most people were friendly
Cons
multiple downtown locations that were spread out, frequent lay offs
Productive and interesting work place.
Community Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTFebruary 20, 2014
I have gained a enormous information working at this Company. The mandatory training's have certified me to go further in my career.
Insurance
Independent Contractor/AIC Service (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNFebruary 3, 2014
Conduct on-site review to identify, inspect and document damages and losses
 Conduct interviews with policy holders, claimants and witnesses
 Investigate and analyze claim data to determine nature of loss, coverage provided and scope of damage as well as viability of claim
 Experience with Integrity Claim estimating software
Aic
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Deadhorse, AKSeptember 25, 2013
This old timer company on the slope was a great foot in the door to the slope. I learned a lot about remediation ( dirt burning)
Pros
$$$
Cons
away from family
Aic
Principal Consultant (Former Employee) –  Worldwide - RemoteSeptember 7, 2013
Excellent Company! Challenging work and great coworkers!
Outage
Crane Operator (Former Employee) –  Bennettsville, SCAugust 12, 2013
Didn't work with them long enough to develop any opinions..My nightshift supervisor was cool and knowledgable. No complaints.
Pros
Laid back
Cons
didn't report my R.O.F.