AIDS Action Committee

AIDS Action Committee Employee Reviews in Boston, MA

Boston, MA15 reviews

Fulfililng work

Can be a fulfilling place to work. Motivated coworkers. But the culture may have changed significantly in the past few years due to a merger and layoffs.

Perfect small company to work at

Small company, so its a small circle. Everyone kinda knows everyone. Good management, pretty hands off as long as the work gets done, and the work is some of the most fun you'll ever have at a job. It's a non-profit, so you won't be raking in the cash, but the discount is fair and it's always an interesting day.

Pros

Unique work day, fun environment, low stress

AIDS Action Committee insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Fair pay for job
  • Energizing work tasks

Accomplished

At every end of day while working at AIDS Action I felt accomplished, knowing that no mater how complex or simple any proactive or given project given, it made a difference in someones life. There was never a day I was not excited to go to work.

Pros

Great life and work balance

Decent non-profit undergoing immense change

Decent non-profit undergoing immense change. There is often poor leadership, but they try really hard to remedy it. The focus is no longer on the clientele it used to serve, but this is primarily because of DPH and not AAC.

Love the atmosphere and mission statement, but glad I left.

You can work very hard, put in extra hours, implement loss prevent tactics, cover for people who call out constantly, dog a job not listed on your job description and STILL be taken for granted. Wouldn't suggest this place as stepping stool as so much a nice bench to sit on for a while. I wish it was better, it was still fun to work at, but I hope they give their employees benefits and give promotions to those who deserve it.

Great mission and productive place to work

AIDS Action is a great place to work. The managers understand that you have an outside life and need time to manage it. The benefits are the best, there are fun activities and events. The people are friendly and the atmosphere is casual and laid back.

Pros

not boring

Cons

some clients are difficult

Responsibilities

Working for Aids action was a good experience. I learned so much about case management. My co-workers were so friendly and helpful. Managers, directors work very closely with you and make sure to accomplish work goals.

Pros

Flexible

Cons

Short breaks

Strong community-oriented health center

Great interdisciplinary team model provides an opportunity to provide true wrap-around services to high-need, complex, client population. Innovative behavioral health program grounded in harm reduction psychotherapy, complementing other programs, like the needle exchange, YOF, and transcend.

Many changes makingit a challenging place to work. Funding cuts, staffing cuts and freezes, as well as the merger with Fenway Health impacted morale

Unfortunately, due to public health funding cuts, my position was eliminated and I was laid off on March 31, 2017. Several other positions are vacant due to a hiring freeze. Staff morale is very low as a result of this, and the changes brought by the merger with Fenway Health, as well as new standards of outcomes by DPH.

Pros

Compettive benefits

Cons

funding cuts, staffing freezes, lay offs, high staff turnover

Fun and interesting

Typical day involved receiving donations from patrons and organizing them in a particular way in order to maximize the efficiency with which the donations could be sold.

Fun place to work

AAC is an agency where the workers genuinely care about the work they do. It is a people centered organisation where workers are friendly and eager to help each other and clients. The most enjoyable part of my work is the friendly interaction I have with other staff members and clients. I have learnt the value of the human heart and compassion.

Very diverse working environment, culturally and ethnically

. Be prepared for the unexpected needs of a client. . To always listen to clients and staff. . Never be intimidated by management, they might like to hear your ideas and concerns about the pros and cons of the business. . Communicate with all co-workers in a very respectable and responsible manner. . The hardest part of the job, is when you can not meet the client basic needs. . The most enjoyable part, is seeing the clients meet their accomplished goals

Opportunities for Growth

Great place to work - had many opportunities to grow within the company.

A hard working group in a challenging field

Genuine caring in providing services to people living with and at risk of HIV/AIDS.

Rewarding work and great pay!

AIDS Action serves some of the most vulnerable people - those who are living with HIV/AIDS or at the highest risk of contracting the virus. The work is very rewarding and for a nonprofit, the pay is great!

Pros

rewarding work; great pay

Cons

challenging clients at times

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AIDS Action Committee. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.8Personal Development
4.8Career Opportunities
3.5Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight