AIDS Healthcare Foundation Employee Reviews

Challenging and busy are the same time
Employee (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 25, 2018
Very busy employer. Favoritism is the way to succeed and advance with the company. Management is not the best. Patients are respectful. Change of staff made it hard to ever adapt.
Challanging deparment
Provider Relations Representative (Former Employee) –  Ft. Lauderale, FLoridaOctober 9, 2018
The most difficult part of the job was lack of employees in the department, I was the only Rep and the only other person in the department was the Director. Once we fully staffed we were able to build a team of providers (PCP and Specialist) to create a robust network for the members at AHF.
Pros
To help members in need
Cons
No room for advancement
Poor managment
Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 8, 2018
This company has a poor management and has the tendency to overload the nurses. The type of job is that each nurse supposes to do 20 assessments a month. In addition, some nurses do the children and pregnant women on top of these 20 patients which increases their work. Management is still unsatisfied.
Pros
Good collaboration with teams
Cons
Poor management
Beware
Patient advocate (Current Employee) –  NMB, FloridaOctober 1, 2018
Beware of lazy people and a very arrogant and condescending pharmacy manager,

Always happy that the day has gone by and there is always work to do, never boring,
Pros
Free rep dinners
Strong mission but challenging execution
Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 28, 2018
Company has a strong mission and has demonstrated success on a national scale. There are some challenges to working here. Notably there is little room for advancement, no annual reviews of current employees, and the environment can be very political. That being said, if you are passionate about non-profit work this company can be a good start and has plenty of resources.
Pros
Little oversight, good mission
Cons
Pay is lower than market rates, senior management
Great work place.
Hollywood - Medical Asst (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 25, 2018
Very busy office (clinic) patients were great. and co-workers were great to work with. A lot of free lunches. Wonderful events through our company serving the purpose.
Pros
benefits, compensation, salary.
Cons
couldn't take a class because of hours (full time)
Daily tasks
HIV Counselor (Current Employee) –  FloridaSeptember 19, 2018
A typical day would involve HIV testing, off site events, social media posts and various other tasks depending on the need of the department. Performing Office Administrative duties, answering phone inquiries and submitting paperwork to appropriate entities.
Pros
Hour lunch, Creativity is allowed, 1 minute for test results
Cons
No raises, insurance is costly, no support from upper management
AHF has it pros and cons
Payroll Manager (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, CASeptember 13, 2018
AHF offers a very diverse population. The people are great to work with. Employees work hard, some have no choice because the departments are understaffed. The benefits are very expensive.
Looking for a company to retire from this isn't it!
Front Desk Receptionist/Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 9, 2018
This is a good place to get experience and move on. I would recommend that you not expect much from management daily meetings and monthly meeting are held but nothing ever changes.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Micromanagement
MEDICAL ASSISTANT/FRONT OFFICE CLERK/DATA ENTRY (Former Employee) –  PENSACOLA FLAugust 6, 2018
I loved working for ahf
The staff was was easy to love and so was the patients. I would work for them again if they had a part time opening. The benefits and pay was outstanding
Love this job
Medical Assistant/Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Oakland Park, FLJuly 29, 2018
Love working there, just was a short contract job. I would go back if they hire me today. All the staff were pleasant to work with, just like family. And the doctor's were Great!!
Pros
Great job
Cons
Front Desk/Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oakland Park, FLJuly 16, 2018
Front desk ditties are pretty fair, I've learned a lot working at AHF being crossed trained. Management do not like to put in the work. The Hardest Part coming to work is that knowing you have a boss that do not have your back.
Pros
lunch
July 17, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We’d love learn more about your experience and how we can improve. Please email us at HR@aidshealth.org

Advanced quickly
Program Manager - ATS and Men’s Wellness Clinics (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 30, 2018
I began as a part time worker and advanced to program manager within a year. I oversaw 20 counselors, made weekly work schedules and reports and ran weekly and bi monthly employee meetings.
Pros
I learned a lot and grew.
Cons
More and more programs were added to my responsibilities.
July 17, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback! We appreciate your input and are happy to hear you’re enjoying your experience at AHF. If you have any further feedback to share please email us at HR@aidshealth.org

Excellent
OPERATIONS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 29, 2018
Great organization that makes a huge difference in the healthcare industry! Employees recognized for hard work! Promote from within. Great benefits. Diverse culture.
Pros
Promotion recognition
Cons
office politics
July 17, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback! We appreciate your input and are happy to hear you enjoyed your experience at AHF. If you have any further feedback to share please email us at HR@aidshealth.org

Challenging and occasionally rewarding workplace
Head of Sales (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJune 29, 2018
Any give day one could be faced with local transients on a severe drug trip, or just a local transient with schizophrenia. Finding urine, feces, used condoms and syringes on the side of the building, at the front door, or in the parking lot was common, a few times a week.

Workplace culture was close knit, fun and playful. There is only a staff of 6 people running the store, plus a few other people in other departments, so we all got to know each other. The people were great and made for a wonderful feeling of cohesiveness. Lots of laughs while we worked.

Management is learning. The GM is seasoned and knowledgeable, yet stuck in their ways. The AM is new and in need of training.
July 17, 2018

I really learned alot working for AHF
Medical Referral Coordinator/Front Office Lead (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 19, 2018
Working for AHF was a wonderful experience, I really learned a lot and gained a lot of experience working with different cultures. I would recommend this employer to everyone who enjoys working in the Healthcare field.

see below
Complex Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 15, 2018
Excellent place to work. Patients were both challenging but allowed new growth development in Nursing. Employees worked collaboratively to ensure quality patient care and satisfaction. Management was always supportive.
Pros
Flexible scheduling, autonomy, learning environment.

Not worth it
Mobile Unit Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 11, 2018
The pay is good, you just don’t get a break to eat lunch at times. You do have a lot of down time on some days, Just like any other job. The management team doesn’t place employees into consideration. The schedule is frequently changed for their convenience. They don’t have respect for their employees and don’t communicate properly and a lot of confusion is occurs because of it. They hold their employees accountable of work they should be doing. They do unnecessary thing to employees to make the job more difficult.

Great organization but people who are in management , Are making the organization look very bad. It’s a lot of covering up going on and your voice will get lost if you speak your word. Honestly, it’s not worth the stress and time to work for an organization. Who care for people but employees get treat very poorly!
Pros
The causes to help people
June 4, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We’d love learn more about your experience and how we can improve. AHF abides by all federal and state meal/break requirements. Please contact your local HR Representative to ensure you are able to take the required meal/break rest periods. Please email us at HR@aidshealth.org

Toxic work environment
HIV Counselor (Current Employee) –  FloridaMay 10, 2018
It’s a great organization that does great things in the community. The management is really bad and if someone doesn’t like you in management. Go luck
Pros
Good cause
Cons
Bad management

Toxic
HIV Prevention Specialist (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 10, 2018
An organization who care about helping people but treats their employees with no respect. It’s hard to move up in the organization. It’s a very good organization but very very bad management team.
Pros
Good Cause
Cons
Very bad management team
June 4, 2018

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AIDS Healthcare Foundation. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

4.1InHerSight Score

3.3Personal Development

4.6Career Opportunities

4.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight