AIESEC

AIESEC Employee Reviews

Very nice NGO, young and ambitious. Anything is possible. great team and support, you can feel like family and have long-lasting friends. I learned a lot and grew a lot
Mala Experiencia or el mal ambiente laboral que se tiene
Pros
Rápido crecimiento
Cons
Ambiente laboral
Working for AIESEC in the US is mostly based on volunteer work. No paid work until a person reaches the national levels and beyond. Frustrating organization to be a part of - all local orgs are based around universities and mostly made up of their students. Theoretically, participating provides opportunities to learn many soft skills. However, AIESEC US demands many hours and effort that rivaled actual college studies. Many out of pocket expenses, especially with travel and dues to various yearly conferences. Inadequate oversight and transparency in business and financial decisions. Ultimately not worth it unless a person can treat it just as an after-school activity, or permanently invest into the organization and work up to the national and international levels where the paid jobs are.
Pros
Learn and practice a wide variety of soft skills
Cons
All work under national level is unpaid and relies on young unexperienced college students
AIESEC is a very good place to work.Recommended for those who want to improve their soft skills.People are very nice and the management is pretty effective.
AIESEC has been at the forefront of helping young professionals gain global work experience since 1948. AIESEC has operations in over 100 countries and territories. AIESEC-US is led by enthusiastic and smart young people.
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
Deliver Training and learning Culture of others Living of others The hardest part of the job was traveling The enjoyable part of the job was gathering with buddies
As an AIESECer,you're able to build work experience as a student through experiential learning by volunteering and marketing travel opportunities to students.However,you're not being oaid because it is a non-profit organization.
Identidad laboral y buen manejo de los equipos de trabajo, tambien cuenta con muchas oportunidades de realizar intercambios.
Pros
Privado y con experiencia.
Cons
No hay mucho tiempo.
The job is fulfilling and has many opportunities for professional growth. For a full-time student, the company takes up a lot of your time (considering it is volunteer work).
AIESEC is a student union which aims to build connection around the world. Students from different countries and different major work together on creative things.
At AIESEC I worked with a great group of students at San Diego State University that wanted to help other students find volunteer opportunities abroad. We typically met once a week to discuss our goals, and focus on what we needed to do specifically to execute them. We were are full time students and volunteered our time, doing our best to collaborate successfully.
Working in AIESEC was most of the time challenging , I learned stress , time , team management , public speaking skills and more ... The hardest tasks were given at home , but i enjoyed the experience .
Being a volunteer in AIESEC was an real adventure. From day 1 I was brought into a new, completely different reality. The whole experience was about making your own way into a new enviroment (public transport, new language, group work with strangers from all over the world, etc) with just the necessary help.
Good and fun! Great mission! Very useful experience for a college student to get as part of a student org! Recommend being a part of this mission to one and all
AIESEC is, for the lack of a better term, a club. It is a club whose members are trying to learn how to become leaders in both their own lives and in the professional world. It sure is a lot of fun, though. Because it is an unpaid experience, and most of its members are students focusing on a degree, the organization isn't the best-run out there. It isn't supposed to be perfect, but instead a learning experience. It is supposed to be a struggle, and one will grow from AIESEC's imperfections.
Pros
The people, the regional, national, and worldwide conferences, networking
Cons
Unpaid, super disorganized
A big part of the position was going to networking events and reaching out to companies to see if they would be interested in our program. It was really hard to get companies to engage and get them on board.
AIESEC is a world wide youth organization which intends to build world a better place for everyone. was amazing working with them. since i learned a lot through practice. the main activities was exchange youth coming from all party of the world to volunteer in activities Align with sustainable development goals there i learned cultural differences and i love working with different people across the globe
Pros
it is a platform for me to learn
Cons
it was not pain
good organization to develop leadership skills. i learned a lot about events management, and how to be more solution oriented when facing problems. the people is so fun
I was taught how to manage clients in a fast pace environment. I loved the work culture and the experience I received. It was an amazing opportunity that helped build me as a leader.
Aiesec es una organización sin fines de lucro que hace intercambios.
Pros
conocías gente y diferentes personas del resto del mundo
Cons
No te pagan
Working with AIESEC on the national office is one the most challenging but rewarding experiences and really prepares you for management and running a business. This is one of the best leadership development experiences out there.
  1. Employee Reviews