Aiken Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Armc
Certified Nursing Assistant-Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Aiken, SCJune 19, 2018
Good for experience in the medical field. Amazing group of people to work with and help you decide what career path you may want to take. I have enjoyed working here but I feel that I need experience in a different area of this field.
Not Bad
RN (Current Employee) –  Aiken, SCMay 25, 2018
People are good to work with. Mostly team players. Management leaves something to be desired. You tell them your concerns about patient care, and you are blackballed or dismissed.
Fair Experience
Pharmacy Technician Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Aiken, SCApril 21, 2018
Poor management is definitely not hidden here. There is a lack of care for the patients and staff members use incredibly foul language. Should be shut down in my opinion. It doesn't feel like a hospital but a large practice clinic for students. You can't help but think that the people are here for the money, especially the nurses. Everyone wants to hide out of their duty because they either don't know how to do something or don't feel like it. I also never heard of a hospital without a trauma unit.
Pros
Good for student clinicals
Cons
Not advanced enough
quality care
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Aiken, SCApril 6, 2018
poor patient to nurse ratio status. Overworked and not enough staff. The management is not cooperative with scheduling. Hardest part of the job is obtaining the proper help needed in order to provide the quality care needed.
nice place to work
Physician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Aiken, SCApril 3, 2018
Aiken surgery is a typical surgical department with staff that has issues on occasion. However, overall it is a good work atmosphere, with collaboration and staff who, for the most part, get along and are able to relax, have some fun and enjoy their job
Nursing (Current Employee) –  Aiken, SCMarch 27, 2018
Good place to work, good benefits available for part-time and full time employees. Good opportunities for advancement especially for nurses. Good management team.
ok
Critical Care Nurse, ICU (Former Employee) –  Aiken, SCDecember 3, 2017
Staff/colleagues were incredible and great resources. The unit director was one of my best ever. The unit had a great teamwork philosophy. Hated to leave them.
bleeding
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Aiken, SCNovember 28, 2017
I loved working with the patients and helping the nurses / doctors but fellow "staff" and management are cut throat, click-ish and if you are not "their Kind", you will be on your way out.....
Happy, teamworking environment
Employee Health Nurse (Current Employee) –  Aiken, SCNovember 27, 2017
People actually speak to you here and smile at you. The work environment is light feeling, and everyone seems to pitch in and help where needed. I would recommend as an enjoyable, fair employer.
Pros
Fair, laid back, flexible hours
Cons
Low pay
review
Biomedical Equipment Technician (Former Employee) –  Aiken, SCNovember 27, 2017
I worked at this facility and liked the people I worked with. It was close to home and many of my friends worked there. The management was good and the maintenance personnel were excellent.
Pros
close to home
Cons
can't think of any
Fast-paced work environment, above average staff relationships
Medical Office Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Aiken, SCNovember 20, 2017
Intermittent early mornings, an average of 3-4 physicians operating facility, wonderful employee attitudes, busy days make the day fly by, communicable management, positive work environment.
Pros
Friendly staff, great benefits, daily catered lunches, pro-active mindset, Pto.
Cons
Short breaks, non-paid holidays, few bad apples in the bunch, employee retention rate, last-minute physician scheduled changes.
Enjoy my work enviorment
Fire Saftey Officer, Com. Officer, Enigeering (Current Employee) –  AikenOctober 25, 2017
While I enjoy the day to day work environment I feel Aiken Regional has provide me with great self work ethic improvement but in need of work challenges and advancements.
Pros
Decent Work Schedule
Cons
No room to advance
Poor leadership
Patient Relations Representative (Current Employee) –  Aiken, SCOctober 10, 2017
I did not feel this job offered any opportunities for professional growth or career advancement. There is a small town mentality throughout the facility. If you are not local or have family ties in the community you will be treated as a subordinate. Lastly communication from leadership is less than sub-par.
I did not find it an enjoyable experienc.
General Bench Technologist (Former Employee) –  Aiken, SCOctober 8, 2017
I had been out of the field while raising my children. I wanted to resume my career. ARMC did not have a program to reintroduce MTs back into the workforce the way they do RNs. I find this very sad especially since less and less people are going into the profession.
Fast Paced for Clinically focussed pharmacist
Clinical Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Aiken, SCOctober 3, 2017
Significant potential for clinical pharmacy involvement. Typical inpatient pharmacy. The daily assigned primary clinical pharmacist performs all IV to PO assessment, renal dosing for all renally dosed meds, IV vancomycin/aminoglycide dosing (~10-15/day and management, daily hospitalist rounds, daily ICU/PCU rounds. Secondary daily clinical performs all daily anticoagulation reviews and staffs balance of day.
Enjoyable work place with great co-workers
MICROBIOLOGY LEAD TECH AND LABORATORY GENERALIS (Current Employee) –  Aiken, SCSeptember 29, 2017
Although the work load is large and steady, ARMC is a great place to work. With the exception of some management issues, overall it is quite enjoyable. Looking for job that would require less travel.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Poor management
Aiken Regional Medical Center
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Aiken, SCSeptember 21, 2017
Working at Aiken Regional is a very pleasant experience. The staff I worked with was excellent. My manager and supervisor were very experienced in what they do. They both made it very comfortable to work there. The entire department was a team no matter what your function was if you needed help there was always someone to assist you. Overall a great place to work.
Pros
Great enviorment to work
Cons
Unexpected staff reductions
lead cashier
Lead Cashier (Former Employee) –  Aiken, SCSeptember 5, 2017
collect and post money to accounts, answer phones, call insurance companies, I liked dealing with patients, talking with insurance companies. I liked working with my coworkers
registration
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Aiken, SCSeptember 5, 2017
verifying demographic info and making corrections, collecting payments, scanning paperwork and cards, scheduling appointments, answering incoming calls
Stressful work environment
ICU Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Aiken, SCAugust 17, 2017
The patient load was heavy and always worked longer hours than scheduled. There wasn't much of team atmosphere at this facility. It was very cut throat. As a staff member, you did not feel the support of upper management.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
No management support