AIM Independent Living Center Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
The ppl I work for are very nice
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Corning, NYJuly 25, 2018
Aim doesn't have any raises don't pay mileage dont have any benefits .I wouldn't mind staying with aim if they offered more .but with minimum wage pay for 5 yrs and no over time allowed .I have to change work places.
Pros
Flexible hrs
Cons
No raise only make minimum wage
Loved the job, but low pay and agency is non supportive
Advocate (Former Employee) –  Corning NYMarch 22, 2018
I worked for AIM For more than two years. No pay increase, bonuses every year if they felt like it based on no criteria. I was taken advantage of. I was not given the basic tools to do my job. You were encouraged to go to supervisors about concerns but that never yielded in anything.

Felt like the agency rewarded only the few. Hired family or friends.
I loved what I did, just not fond of the agency in the end.

The agency advocated for the disabled population, however, had issues hiring those who were disabled (and making accommodations).

With a MA I was only making over 30k a year. No overtime. No 401 or 403b. Just a human service position, with no recognition for talents or the clients.

Too bad that they could spend money on new buildings and not on employees who really care! I loved my coworkers for the most part, but felt that once they became supervisors they became cold and distant.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
low pay, no training
good place to work
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Corning, NYMay 14, 2017
good place to work. people are nice and the care about there employees and their consumers. Benefits are good, pay is not bad. Hours are based on what the consumer needs and what you are available to work.
Rewarding work
Self Directed Staff and Paid Neighbor (Current Employee) –  Corning, NYApril 26, 2017
Very rewarding work to help disabled individuals maintain a safe and stable independent life. Help them clean their home, transport them to their appointments or the store.
Rewarding Job
Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Corning, NYJuly 20, 2015
Assist client with their needs each night, perform household chores, be on hand in case of emergency.

My co-workers are good people to work with.

The hardest part of the job is learning how to use the hoyer lift.

The most enjoyable part of the job is spending time with my client.
Pros
Get to spend time with client
Cons
Fun workplace with flexible scheduling
Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Corning, NYMarch 13, 2015
My client is easy to get along with. The job invovles simple housework, and minimal care of the client during the overnight hours.