AIM NationaLease Employee Reviews

It is getting better all the time
Recruiting Manager (Current Employee) –  Girard, OHMay 14, 2018
I have been at Aim for 7 years, I have been recognized and rewarded for going above and beyond. It is good to know that hard work is recognized and appreciated.

Upper management realizes they need to be more proactive than reactive, they are making great strides in this area. Aim is looking for ways to improve all the time, however they are willing to do things at a pace that isn't counterproductive.

Ideas are heard and considered, which is key anywhere you are looking to make your home. Coworkers are helpful, this is a place where you can have humor and still get your work completed.

Aim is a solid company that rewards those that do a good job, they have a good name in the community and I am happy to be a member of the Aim family.
Pros
Ability to have a voice, make a difference
Stay Away
Driver (Former Employee) –  Girard, OHMay 2, 2018
This company is very unorganized lack of communication is horrible!! They don't give raises.. management well they are complete and total back stabbers! I don't care how bad you need a job stay away ...and there trucks are not safe!
Benefits
Cons
Bad management! Lack of communication!
A good place to work
Mechanic on Tractors and Trailers, Straight (Current Employee) –  Bessemer, PAMarch 19, 2018
A good place to work. Most of the equipment, trucks, tractors are newer . The trailers are mostly older. They offer online information for knowledge testing on equipment.
Very busy office
Assistant Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Pottsville, PAMarch 15, 2018
I learned a lot working here, programs like Oracle, Excel and Windows. I enjoy interacting with our customers and have a good relationship with them. Office is very fast paced and never boring.
Pros
Coworkers, no weekends
Cons
Too much to do in a days time...
Fun to work at, good group of people.
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Nazareth, PAFebruary 21, 2018
The work is tough on family time and the travel is hard given my circumstances. Die to the fact we are short on mechanics right now the work load builds and builds but we as a team are working to rectify the situation. Could stand to focus a little more on training but the work load is tremendous right now.
Pros
Free lunches when regional manager comes and when petty cash is not drained.
Cons
Parking lot is a mess
Saleries
Regional Director Fleet Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Girard, OHJanuary 31, 2018
This is a great company to have a career at. The only reason I left was the low salary for the position I held.
Great top management, Great Team effort, Great owner.
Cons
Low salaries
Love it
Technician (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 27, 2018
People who start their carreer as a tech here dont understand how good they have it. Way more secure than dealers in my area. Managment is strict but they do their job very well make money and make sure jobs are turned around in a timely matter. Like any job it has its ups and downs and can be stressful but would take it over a dealership anyday. I can see myself staying for a while!
Excellent
Foreman (Current Employee) –  Pottsville, PAJanuary 16, 2018
Laid back. Work with min supervision flexible schedule good customers good incentives for training factory training good equipment and shop tools sign on bonus
Pros
Healthcare time off
Productive workplace
License and Permitting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Girard, OHJanuary 12, 2018
A typical day was performing my job duties which varied. It was a productive and fair workplace. They work with you if you need to attend an outside appointment.
Good place to work/ must be willing to learn
Diesel Mechanic (Former Employee) –  University Park, ILJanuary 8, 2018
Enjoyed the daily challenges. Must be a hard worker to maintain employment at Aim Nationalease. It is a good place to get mechanical experience. Mechanics will work on different fleets and gain experience.
Challenging and demanding while an ongoing learning experience in a fun working environment
Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Girard, OHJanuary 2, 2018
I held a variety of positions at AIM in three different Regions during the eighteen plus years I was employed, this not only allowed me to become a more well rounded team member but this also continued to challenge me. I enjoyed that even though I excelled in each position I held, I was challenged and learning new things right up to my last day, AIM is a wonderful family owned and family oriented company that treats its employees with respect and appreciation that I will certainly miss and hope to find again soon.
Pros
Fantastic team efforts in all departments, very supportive in all aspects, family oriented.
Job Security
Diesel Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GADecember 29, 2017
There is never ending work with this company so if you do your job well you have job security. I have nothing truly negative to say. Day shift takes all of the on call and Saturdays.
Pros
Training, Benefits
Cons
Day shift takes all the on call and Sat work, No room for advancement even with the best numbers and reviews in the shop
Terrible place to work
Supervisor/ mechanic (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYDecember 28, 2017
When starting your job at aim, they make you feel like a team player and your like family. Shortly after you are there it seems like your playing by yourself and your coworkers become enemies. Management does what they can write you up. Instead of them helping you when or where needed they watch you fall or fail and then try to fire you for it. They give little hands on training and the trainers think their jobs are a joke. Management is this company’s own worse enemy. Customers aren’t treated fairly unless you lease 50 plus units. Employees here are just a number, your job is never safe at this place.
Pros
30 minute lunch break, pay every 2 weeks
Cons
Management, shop tools and supplies
12 plus hours daily
Driver (Current Employee) –  Cranberry Township, PADecember 8, 2017
Average pay 60 plus hours..nobody up in your business..they are trying to be a good company but to be that need to match what the big boys are paying..
Pros
Get paid weekly
Cons
60 plus hours
Horrible working conditions
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  NYNovember 17, 2017
I worked in one of the New York offices and the boss from Buffalo would come down and act inappropriate every time he came to town..

They make employees stab each other in the back

in this day of going back and finally reporting harassment, I plan to finally call the company and report this person
Pros
close to home
Cons
working conditions for a woman were unbearable
Not Ideal
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Girard, OHOctober 31, 2017
Stressful, long hours, low pay, low mileage. High turnover. Not a teamwork environment. Favoritism. Best thing about the company is the benefits. Low payments for healthcare.
Afternoon driving postion
Delivery Route Driver (Current Employee) –  Valparaiso, INSeptember 29, 2017
Good company to work for. Located in valparaiso, in. You are paid by the route, not by the hour. Some routes pay more than others. Company offers health insurance nd dental.
Pros
Go home when route is finnished
Cons
Very physical job
Productive environment with learning opportunities
Shift Foreman (Current Employee) –  Elmhurst, ILSeptember 14, 2017
Many opportunities for skill acquiring and training in related fields. Moderately paced, busy shop year round. Variety of equipment to work on. Computer diagnosing is important and plenty of hands on.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
poor leadership
Poor Company Culture
Administrative Assistant/Rental Clerk (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OhioAugust 30, 2017
Aim Nationalease is stuck in the old ways of doing business. This is making them go out of business very slowly. They don't like change. They don't keep up with the changing times with how companies will be approved for credit to be able to lease from them. It is easier to go to Penske or Rider to rent a truck then from them if you own a company.
Pros
8 work day
Cons
The company sucks, makes employees backstab each other
Solid Family Company
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIAugust 22, 2017
Very good company to work for. Has a good reputation in the commercial vehicle lease and rental industry. Expanding and growth in the Dedicated Logistics division.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AIM NationaLease. Our community is ready to answer.