Aim Services, Inc. Employee Reviews

Very Unprofessional Staff and Management
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYMarch 27, 2019
Staff and Management were extremely unprofessional. Human Resources did not handle my concerns for the safety of the individuals AIM provides services to. Lack of skilled training for such a very important field of work.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
Everything else
got rid of long term employees
Maintaince Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYMarch 21, 2019
cut throat no respect no dedication to good employees saw many employees run out of there job to replace with lower paid just to afford new office it was just wrong
Not a great place to work.
Human Resource Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Saratoga, NYMarch 17, 2019
This agency will not provide you with the tools and support to succeed. They will over work you and then fire you for being stressed. The agency is ran like a tiny two but operation despite being one if the largest agencies in the area. One of the most myopic organizations I have worked for.
Management does not care about telling lies to employees. In fact they do not respect them much at all. Take for instance the fact they do not have any way to accurately keep track of Paid Time Off.
The work can be rewarding and I found that it was but management did a great job of undermining. The issue is that personally, I felt that the way they treat their employees impact the services they provide for clients and recipients particularly the onea who are long distance.
Servicing the needs of small businesses
President (Former Employee) –  Redondo Beach, CAMarch 6, 2019
Worked with other peers to assist small business with the accounting and networking needs. Specialized in Accpac accounting software and Novell Netware networks.
Enriching environment working with the disabled
Medicaid Service Coordinator (MSC) (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYDecember 19, 2018
It was truly an honor to work with those we served. I learned so much working with young people with Autism and watching them learn a new skill. I also served their families in attaining the services they needed to better support their child. It was rewarding but there were days when they did not want to do any activities or work on their daily living skills. Like anyone they wanted a break and we went to the movies, the park or did home activities. I always encouraged independence and they eventually made it a reality. Seeing them succeed was truly the most enjoyable part of the job!
Pros
The smiles, benefits, camaraderie
Cons
Communication between the office and residences
Great Working Environment
Human Resource Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYDecember 12, 2018
My days are always filled with productive things to do, I have an fantastic team who are always willing to assist when needed. I hardly ever get stress due to the consent communication between departments
I would go back
Supervisor/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VANovember 20, 2018
I learned so much working with this company. The work environment was fun, safe, and room to excel. Your work didn't go unnoticed and you were appreciated through bonuses, in meetings, incentives and so on. I really miss working here
Pros
We were a team and a family
Cons
none really
Aim
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Corinth, NYNovember 20, 2018
Aim services is a place you don’t wanna work for it’s a joke they lie to you to get you in aim they treated me like I wasn’t doing my job there I would never recommend anyone there
Love the little boy I work for
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYOctober 12, 2018
Love my job here. I don't work with the company directly so it's hard to give an actual review on the business but I would say it's a pretty wonderful company. The only thing I don't like is that you have to work with more than one individual in order to receive PTO/Sick/Holiday pay. But with this type of job, it's extremely rewarding.
sucks
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  route 50 saratoga nyOctober 7, 2018
Nepotism and favoritism in the office they lied about starting pay and when i would check rate of pay on there paylocity site it was checked out with x's so i could not see what my rate of pay was and when i finally seen what they were paying me it was not the agreed upon price at the hiring then they hired a few other people who had not the experience that i have and paid them more cause they knew there families Nepotism and favoritism at its best there should be a federal and state investigation done i feel sorry for the individuals makes me wonder how there getting over on them
Pros
not much
Cons
yeah a bunch of con artists
dont know what this mean
SELF DIRECTION COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Saratoga, NYSeptember 12, 2018
I learned a lot on my own through research. Aim has poor training practices. I was able to build relationship. management is in disarray and it effects employees
Check Each and Every Pay stub.
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYAugust 31, 2018
Positives are decent pay, normal sort of benefits where you need to pay part of healthcare.

Negatives are two.

First, paid time off can be tricky to utilize, depending on the family you work with and staff support for coverage, or lack thereof. An easy solution would be to receive pay for unused paid time off, but they do not offer that. It is a “use it or lose it” policy.

Second, is that the accounts payable department makes errors ALL. THE. TIME. You must review each and every pay stub. They’ll enter the wrong pay rate. They’ll enter the wrong hours. They’ll omit federal paid holidays. Incredibly, even after bringing such issues to their attention, they continue to make mistakes. This adds a great deal of anxiety, as you cannot have trust and confidence in their work.
Residential Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYAugust 16, 2018
Aim Services was a very upbeat environment they were very good care of the residents staff was always friendly and willing to work with you I would recommend anybody to work there they had good health benefits and their wage compensation wasn't too bad
Company that uses employees
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYJune 28, 2018
I worked at AIM for 11 years in several dfferent roles. When I gave my notice and asked to be per diem they denied me and let me go.
Management is very rude and uses and works employees until they have no use for them and then fire them for no reason
Not bad
SELF-DIRECTION (Current Employee) –  NYJune 26, 2018
A great job overall. I work per-diem nights and weekends. Not very difficult, use your own vehicle. Get reimbursed for any expense and mileage. Rewarding.
racist and lairs and very jealous
Community Habilitation worker (Former Employee) –  Saratoga County, NYJune 13, 2018
working with my brother was great, But working for aim or being employed by their self direction team was the worst. They are racist , jealous and liars. I would recommend that all the families that are involved with them pull out and goe some where elese.
Pros
Cons
racism
Stressful
Assistant Residential Manager (Current Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYMay 31, 2018
So long as you agree with everyone and follow what they want and not the employee handbook you got along with upper management. Do as I say not as I do attitude. Change their minds constantly about policy and procedure. To worried about what staff thinks and trying to please staff that clients loose out on care time and culture experiences. Not taught the manager position properly. No teaching time put in by upper management. Learn as you go type of position.
Pros
its a job
Cons
its a job
Not a good place to work.
Service Operator (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaMay 17, 2018
Start early to get work done at a reasonable time. Haul water to and from well sites and to disposal. Management lies everytime they open their mouths. Totally unreliable. Like to play games with the drivers. Change their minds and play favorites. Most of the drivers were good people.
Pros
Cons
management
Rewarding
Residential Manager (Current Employee) –  Ballston Spa, NYMay 10, 2018
Very rewarding career. Working with the developmentally disabled is a learning experience and can develop much needed skills in the social work field. Nepotism and favoritism in the office hurts the job culture.
Meaningful place to work
BOOKKEEPER (Current Employee) –  Saratoga, NYApril 19, 2018
AIM is has a great work culture filled with great people. The job can be stressful but Aim appreciates their employees and does a lot to show them their appreciation.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aim Services, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.