Aim Services, Inc. Employee Reviews

Company that uses employees
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYJune 28, 2018
I worked at AIM for 11 years in several dfferent roles. When I gave my notice and asked to be per diem they denied me and let me go.
Management is very rude and uses and works employees until they have no use for them and then fire them for no reason
racist and lairs and very jealous
Community Habilitation worker (Former Employee) –  Saratoga County, NYJune 13, 2018
working with my brother was great, But working for aim or being employed by their self direction team was the worst. They are racist , jealous and liars. I would recommend that all the families that are involved with them pull out and goe some where elese.
Pros
Cons
racism
Stressful
Assistant Residential Manager (Current Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYMay 31, 2018
So long as you agree with everyone and follow what they want and not the employee handbook you got along with upper management. Do as I say not as I do attitude. Change their minds constantly about policy and procedure. To worried about what staff thinks and trying to please staff that clients loose out on care time and culture experiences. Not taught the manager position properly. No teaching time put in by upper management. Learn as you go type of position.
Pros
its a job
Cons
its a job
Not a good place to work.
Service Operator (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaMay 17, 2018
Start early to get work done at a reasonable time. Haul water to and from well sites and to disposal. Management lies everytime they open their mouths. Totally unreliable. Like to play games with the drivers. Change their minds and play favorites. Most of the drivers were good people.
Pros
Cons
management
Rewarding
Residential Manager (Current Employee) –  Ballston Spa, NYMay 10, 2018
Very rewarding career. Working with the developmentally disabled is a learning experience and can develop much needed skills in the social work field. Nepotism and favoritism in the office hurts the job culture.
Meaningful place to work
BOOKKEEPER (Current Employee) –  Saratoga, NYApril 19, 2018
AIM is has a great work culture filled with great people. The job can be stressful but Aim appreciates their employees and does a lot to show them their appreciation.
I do not interact with management
Community Habilitation Worker (Current Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYMarch 5, 2018
I do not interact with management outside of payment emails and emails asking questions about my logs. I am hired by the family and they put me into the system as an employee, therefore, I deal with the family and not the company.
Excellent facade, much more sinister intent
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYFebruary 5, 2018
They start off every new employee as do all agencies like AIM: They certainly blow hard when it comes to the inspirational speeches about independence and how the structure within the agency isn’t a hierarchy... that we are all working for the same person, the individual. But it doesn’t take long to learn how quick most people are to start flexing their authority and remind you who is in charge. Then you get the lectures on making sure you take time for yourself and your social and personal life; meanwhile, you aren’t able to take any time off because no one can cover your shifts. And god forbid you get sick and you try to take a sick day. They will guilt you into coming in and working even though they tell you in training to stay home and avoid spreading sickness. Biggest bunch of hypocrites you’ll meet. They do have benefits, but they aren’t very good. Best part of the job is getting to know the individuals you serve. It is rewarding in that sense, especially when you and your teammates may be the only people who seem to “care” for some of the individuals as many have family who never visit. It’s a job. If you can deal with the typical negative attributes of any crooked business where there are favorites and nepotism and hypocrisy, then go for it. The only other challenge you’ll face is a schedule that is mentally/emotionally and physically exhausting. Good luck!
Pros
Get in touch with your human side
Cons
You name it, it’s probably a con
n/a
PCA/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYJanuary 15, 2018
working with the company has been a great and new learning experience for me and a great environment to work in with my individual client in her home.
Don't recommend
Current employee (Current Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYJanuary 5, 2018
Poor management, poor management training, does not hold poor managers accountable for actions. I have been forced to change my work schedule 4 times since starting here in order to make it so my manager does not have to cover openings. Lack of proper support for individuals as well as employees. Supposed to be a "linear" work environment but a lot of managers talk down to you, don't listen to your concerns or ideas. Has a high employee turn over. Pay is decent. Healthcare and paid time off are the only advantages to the job as opposed to other agencies
Pros
Paid time off, healthcare
Cons
management is the worst i've ever seen
Enjoyed the individuals but...
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYDecember 30, 2017
I loved this job however, I was on many occasions left out in the cold for information or support from management. The training was great but there was information that was not provided in the training that we were expected to know and not told till after the fact and it was an issue.
Self rewarding as skills improved.
Staff Support (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYDecember 13, 2017
I worked with a individual with developmental disabilities. I worked on personal care and hygiene, along with chores and responsibilities. I sometimes had to work on behavior issues and go out into the community for social outings. I enjoyed working on daily tasks and safety in and out of the home. I enjoyed spending time with the individual I worked with. It is self gratifying to see skills gained with creative times spent with my client.
Pros
To help improve someones life for independence.
Cons
It can be stressful at times but the end results are worth it all.
Comfortable environment with a variety of places to work at for example : Military bases, schools, hospitals
Asbestos Worker (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VADecember 3, 2017
The relations with the employees were excellent as well as the manager and CEO.
We celebrated holidays in the workplace . Our birthday’s were noticed .
Pros
Free lunch sometimes, provided work materials and protection, etc..
Cons
Had to work on roofs in Nocturnal hours
No goal
Fire Alarm Technician/Inspector (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CANovember 16, 2017
You looking for a career in this company don't because there's no career achievement there.
Customer service is bad communication is bad everybody think they better than each other it's always competitive.
Place for fast paced
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAOctober 14, 2017
Overall a good place to work. Fast paced. Need to be able to lift 25 or more pounds at a time. Lots of demolition work. Good for someone who has a lot of construction skills.
Pros
3 breaks a day
Cons
did not learn enough
Unhappy working at AIM
Supportive Employment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wilton, NYOctober 13, 2017
I was not provided the support in order to be a successful employee as a supportive employment specialist. Management was not organized to provide the support necessary for me to be successful finding jobs for individuals.
Pros
Relaxed atmospheere
Cons
management was flawed
Great team
Broker (Current Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYOctober 12, 2017
AIM Services is very dedicated to the disabled individuals and their staff. I enjoy speaking to the teams and love being a part of a great company. Great work environment.
Pros
Everyone is helpful
Cons
Person centered professional work environment
Office (Current Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYSeptember 14, 2017
Since working at AIM I have received multiple advancement opportunities as well as fair pay and raises. AIM has an employee recognition committee that puts a lot of effort into making employees feel recognized for their hard work. Aim has a work environment that centers around supporting people and there are lots of sincere shows of appreciation for the hard work of each employee. AIM is not an agency driven by regulations and the bottom line. There is responsible management of these aspects but the work environment feels good to be a part of because the focus is on the people supported. Like any organization in this field, there are ongoing challenges to maintain staffing ratios and provide the best services possible. However, AIM administration has had success with thoughtful approaches to minimize these issues and focus on driving the best outcomes for people.
Pros
Fair compensation and benefits, professional work environment, clear mission and dedicated employees
Cons
Limited time off in first year of employment
Passionate people and self-rewarding Career
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYAugust 30, 2017
If you are seeking a place to show up and get a paycheck and go home, look somewhere else. Although the pay is fair, this agency is filled with employees and volunteers who are passionate about their work in supporting others. The open door policy made voicing your opinions and ideas easy, and they were never shut down. This is a true example of an agency that works together as a team to achieve individual and person centered results.
Pros
Benefits and hours
Cons
lack of staff
Say goodbye to anything resembling a life
Residential Manager (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYAugust 29, 2017
If it sounds to good to be true it is! They treat their employees awful. Cant take time off work 50+ hours a week. Management is a joke!!!They treat the people they support like garbage. They arent treated like real people.
Pros
Cons
Everything!!!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aim Services, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.