Play YouTube video button

AIM Transportation Solutions Employee Reviews

Featured review
AIM Transportation Solutions selected this as a representative review
Great place to work for employees are nice
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, ILAugust 11, 2018
I really enjoyed my time here never had a problem equipment was good kept you busy and sometimes have you the chance to get overtime one of the best local jobs I had
Rental Representative
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Romeoville, ILAugust 20, 2019
I would NEVER recommend ANYONE to work for the company as long as they have the same regional rental manager. She is unprofessional, demeaning, doesn’t like to train. When you ask her for help she refuses to give it to you. The company says there’s room for advancement and that’s a LIE!! The regional rental manager makes sure you only know the bare minimum and will let corporate know that she had taught you everything you should know only to make herself look good.
Pros
Decent pay and commission
Cons
Not enough training
It's not what you do...but who you know
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Girard, OHAugust 8, 2019
The benefits are great, and most of the coworkers are friendly. They tell you that their is room to grow, and they prefer to promote within the company. That only applies if your friends with the management. If you work here, just work, do not make personal relationships.
Horrible co-workers and Sub-par training
SERVICE WRITER (Former Employee) –  Niles, OHAugust 2, 2019
I've never quite experienced the Aim employee, first their nice, they tell you they will work with you to train you, they throw you into a system your not familiar with and expect you to know everything and when you ask a question they refer you back to a co-worker who won't assist you after numerous attempts to learn the job. Their not clear on their expectations and lie and tell you they will have weekly meetings to train you until you feel comfortable, which never happened and then they throw it all on you when you've done maybe 3 out 500 invoices that you are told you are not allowed to print or process. They were the unfriendliest people I've ever worked with and I've worked many places. Especially when I watched another employee receive hands on training for 3 weeks. They didn't take the time to explain the process of what they wanted and it was the worst work environment I've ever worked in. They acted mad if you asked a question, like I was supposed to know how their system worked, I wasn't allowed to do anything and when I did and had questions I was made to feel stupid. And then they tell me I'm not fulfilling my job requirements, well maybe if I was given a little more faith and trained properly (in which I was told was going to happen) and I didn't feel undermined everyday by my co-worker things would have been different. I was told I would have to open and close work orders, never shown the procedure, the codes, I was just expected to know that. I had random access to things and half trained on about 6 different things and when I emailed and asked for help I  more... was told to write my questions down and then they told me I wasn't confident in my job, well who would be?? I'm not sorry to be gone, I had a bad vibe from day one!!  less
August 5, 2019

We at AIM take unsatisfactory comments very seriously. I am sorry to hear that your experience at AIM was unfavorable. AIM Senior Leadership is looking into your comment and will address.

The boss talk to you like you is a kid no respect.
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  South Holland, ILAugust 2, 2019
They hired me as a driver and then they wanted me to be there maid. I wasn’t haven’t it so the boss got mad at me. I told him I was done this is not a good fit.
August 5, 2019

I am sorry to hear that your experience was not to your expectations, and am looking into your comments to help us improve our processes.

Great Trucking Company
CDL Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Cranberry Township, PAJuly 17, 2019
Great place to work. Well-maintained equipment, helpful management. Work is very physical, but you are paid enough to make it worth it. Only downside is delays waiting for road rescue. However, this is probably typical with most moderately sized companies. I would definitely recommend this company to a friend.
July 29, 2019

Thank you for your positive review! We at AIM are pleased to hear that you would recommend a friend.

Eleanor Arnold
Recruiting Director

I have had a wonderful time working with AIM
Billing Clerk (Current Employee) –  Delhi, LAJune 26, 2019
The last 5.5 years at AIM have been great. I do not wish to leave based on any negative reflections of the company. It is just personal reasoning. AIM has been great.
Pros
Balanced work load and schedule
Cons
No healthcare
July 1, 2019

Thank you on your positive review! We are happy to know that you have enjoyed you 5.5 years at AIM! Good Luck!

poor management great people
Diesel Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Romulus, MIJune 17, 2019
the upper management (district level) is awful - however the work is great - pay was decent - the people that work there are great to be around. benefits are outstanding - only issue I have is with the upper management.
Pros
great people, easy work as far as repair shops go
Cons
managment
June 27, 2019

Thanks for your comments. We are very happy to hear that you are enjoying your position at AIM, and are especially happy to learn that you find AIM employees to be a great group of people. I would like to address your concerns with your upper management. Please reach out to me for a confidential conversation, and I will address to get resolution.

Eleanor Arnold
Recruiting Director

Aim is the best job I have ever had!
Accounting Clerk and Master Lease Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Youngstown, OHJune 13, 2019
I have been here less than 6 months and I love it!! All the staff is amazing and welcoming! We are like one big family and we all work together as a team. I look forward to growing with AIM for the many years ahead! Most Definitely proud to say I am part of the AIM family! I will support my job as they continue to support me! =)
June 17, 2019

Thanks for the positive review! We are happy to hear that you love your job and AIM!

Long hours with management who doesn’t care
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Current Employee) –  Napoleon, OHMay 13, 2019
At first I loved my job but as soon as I was hired in that all changed. Management doesn’t care about anything that is going wrong, you have to wait sometimes up to an hour for a bathroom break... just ridiculous
Pros
Paid to do nothing for a majority of the night
Cons
Long wait for bathroom break, terrible management
June 13, 2019

We at AIM strive to be a Great Place to Work. Please give us the opportunity to address your concerns. Eleanor Arnold, Recruiting Director

Good place to work, big company, good benefits
Service Manager I (Current Employee) –  Elkhart, INMarch 7, 2019
This is a good company to work for, provide training and support to all employees from csr's to top management. Provide a great foundation for shop techs to build on and move up.
July 29, 2019

Thanks so much for your positive comments. We are pleased to hear that you are happy in your decision to join AIM!

terrible management
truck driver (Former Employee) –  Yorktown, INFebruary 18, 2019
after a long hiring process of which they lie to you about what you will be doing, they short you on your paycheck, and when you complain about things, management sticks you in the back..forget about their so called weekly min pay. STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE
Pros
yard was close to my home
Cons
poor management, they lie, watch your pay check
Worst place to work
HR (Current Employee) –  Girard, OHFebruary 16, 2019
Management is toxic. People are two faced and talk behind your back. Micro managed to a T. Terrible paid vacation they have for employees. You have to wait a year before you can request vacation. Rediculous. No sick days, pay is sub par. Do not trust anyone there! I would rather work at Walmart cleaning bathrooms than at this place!
Pros
Cons
Management, pay, no vacation time, micro managers
February 18, 2019

We are sorry to hear that you are unhappy. We would love the opportunity to discuss these issues with you and see if we can find a resolution. Please feel free to reach out to me at aulmer@aimntls.com

Decent company, has its share of issues as any other.
Driver (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 15, 2019
Aim is a decent place to work. Everyone just has to find that perfect account. However the Safety dept is a joke. You tell them something and nothing is done about it. If you have an issue they are all over you. Safety is out of reach with the drivers, they have forgotten how it is to drive a truck. They had online safety training monthly, the response was so low from drivers that they mandated supervisors, dispatchers and others also do the training just to pad the numbers. Equipment has its issues, but shops are good and addressing issues generally. Pay is decent, but a raise wouldn't hurt now and again. Management is unaware of what some employees do to make the company look good, or else they just dont care. Upper management lacks communication with front line employees. Training program is a joke. Aim lacks support for its frontline employees, but Girard gets what it needs. I've personally seen Girard get new tools and sent old tools to wheatland. Same goes for the Garfield shop, they get the used tools from Girard. Garfield lacks enough laptops for road calls and inhouse use. Yard lacks enough room to house required units. Aim is to cheap to invest in a bigger Cleveland area shop. Aim is one of those companies that rarely hire the people that they should because it's too expensive. So they hire alot of 2nd rate people and wonder why equipment and property is damaged so frequently. Management is kinda shady, mid and upper level management hide alot of things from Tom Flemming (owner). Tarnishing the reputation of the company he built from the bottom up. I have seen Tom  more... working on a Saturday morning in Girard, so I know that he cares, it's the In between that dont care. At times it can be a bit of a hassle to get time off, but if your supervisor knows you work your butt off and you are a help and not a hindrance, they try everything in their power to get you that day off.  less
Pros
Job security
Cons
Long days
Poor management and Training
Rental Representative (Former Employee) –  Landover, MDFebruary 13, 2019
I worked for Aim for 10 months. The work experience was valued but everything else failed to keep up to my standards. Poor management. Poor training. Poor location. After my first month I didn't have an service manager. So I did my best to keep both departments running. I didn't receive an actual service manager until October. This was the worst management I have ever worked under. Aim needs better managers for the rental department so things can be done correctly. I have learned to do research on companies before I accept a position.
Pros
Working m-f
I liked my job
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Girard, OHFebruary 13, 2019
My typical day was the same as any other trucking job that you have to off load for. I enjoyed my co workers and the added work that was given to me. The miles were good as well as the pay
Pros
the pay is good
Cons
they didn't have my back
Comfortable, productive pleasant atmosphere
Licensing and Permitting Manager (Current Employee) –  Youngstown, OHFebruary 9, 2019
I learned a whole new perspective of trucking industry from well-educated pleasant experienced individuals.
There a several people who have been there for 30 years or more.

The best part of the job was managing a team of knowledgable employees.
Pay doesn't balance work
Class B CDL Driver (Former Employee) –  Girard, OHFebruary 8, 2019
Don't listen to them about advance pay not true how are you going to work 3 weeks and then get a check for gross 1395 after taxes a little over 1100 but you worked three weeks and you suppose to get 825 a week for 6 weeks due math 2 times 825 is not 1395 IJS don't sign nothing about an advance too you get it in your hands you get paid 10 dollars a stop and .33 cents a mile some days you get 6 stops and 29 miles a little over 10.dollars an hour,and if you don't mind stairs with wet floors they tell you not to put stuff away but that's just to get you in the door just don't sign nothing till YOU GET THAT ADVANCE PAY AND LET THEM Know what advance means period Think if it's So Good Look at turn over but I understand till something better comes along Area Temps Always Hiring IJS
Pros
Get off early
Cons
The truck i had needed starter fluid every morning
ok place to work
Class A CDL driver (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 2, 2019
Aim was no better or worse than any other place to drive for. OK community OK atmosphere. Worked with dispatchers for a long period of time then all at once the office people started quitting and work got hard. Once the inner office settles down it maybe an ok place to work again.
Lots of favoritism
Diesel Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Loveland, COJanuary 24, 2019
The manger loved to lie and play favorites. Would break company’s policies just to override the mechanics. Never got a thanks for my hard work after two years there.
Pros
Training
Cons
Washing trucks
Inexperience management
Diesel Technician/MechanicDiesel technician (Former Employee) –  South Holland, ILJanuary 1, 2019
Manager had no experience of being a manager his experience wasn’t enough to operate the shop the previous managers knew how to operate a business other than that working in the shop at Ames was a very learning experience for me I love the training that they provided for theTechnicians These days a lot of shops don’t provide training against it from my experience with Aims was able to advance in my skills as a diesel technician
Pros
Free training
Cons
U fuel trucks an wash trucks, trailer asDiesel technician

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AIM Transportation Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9