AIM Transportation Solutions Employee Reviews

Constant lies to get what they want.
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Kings mountain ncSeptember 20, 2018
Will short you on signing bonus And no pay for coming to corporate on weekends. They have No Shop in Charlotte to get truck's fixed or to maintain them. Constantly break down. Promised New trucks still never arrived after 10 months. Stay away. Management gives you lies to quite You, then not answer phone. You've been warned!!!!
Cons
Stay away.
Great company your known by name not a number
Foreman/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Pottsville, PASeptember 9, 2018
Would recommend to friends and old coworkers great work life balance. Great training during work and opportunities for advancement. Good insurance with decent deductibles
Pros
Great management
fun fast pace
Supervisors, Lead Technicians, Shop (Former Employee) –  Hanover Park, ILAugust 28, 2018
safety orientated, advancements available, employee friendly,upper management support, work as a team to solve any issues that may need attention, holding technicians accountable, reviewing work orders, budgets, dealing with clients on a daily basis, leadership meeting to review or come up with better ways to be profitable
friendly place to work
warranty clerk (Current Employee) –  Girard, OH 44420August 20, 2018
extremely friendly employees
I've learned a lot since starting
ive never worked at a place like this before
I would never want to work anywhere else.
Great place to work for employees are nice
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, ILAugust 11, 2018
I really enjoyed my time here never had a problem equipment was good kept you busy and sometimes have you the chance to get overtime one of the best local jobs I had
Safety
Rental Office Admin (Former Employee) –  VAJuly 18, 2018
It happened that my boss was very biased towards a particular person, and unfortunately I fell into the group though I was neutral.
When you’re in a work situation that seems “profoundly unfair,” it tends to eat away at “your psychic and emotional energy.

I hope if someone comes forth with an accusation of favoritism, don’t ignore it. Gather the facts and get to the bottom of it.
Cons
No sick hours
You can work over a year never get a pay raise
Truck Driver Class A/trainer (Current Employee) –  Bedford Hts, OHJuly 11, 2018
Aim it's a pretty good company to work for it's just you have too many contracts that you dealing with so it's contact you go to the environment is different the pay is different and you never know what you getting into until you get there. Salat times on the way you get a raise if you move to a different contract that pays more and you really don't know what your duties are because it's all word-of-mouth nothing is written down about what is your responsibilities and your duties for that contract. I've known drivers been there at the same contract for over 5 years and have not received a raise that is not a way of keeping drivers and if that contract was not renewed the drivers will lose your job and they will not be placed anywhere else so there is no job security.
Fun
Dispatcher/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAJune 13, 2018
Faxing and email proof of deliveries (P.O.D.'s ) per customers request. Invoice daily orders, dispatch drivers, Answering phones, Resolving customer issues.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Health Care
Clerk
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Current Employee) –  Napoleon, OHMay 22, 2018
The hours are there and the pay is decent. I enjoy my job but the stress can be a bit much, I think there are things needing addressed that could make for a better work environment. Consistency would be one, and advancements.
It is getting better all the time
Recruiting Manager (Current Employee) –  Girard, OHMay 14, 2018
I have been at Aim for 7 years, I have been recognized and rewarded for going above and beyond. It is good to know that hard work is recognized and appreciated.

Upper management realizes they need to be more proactive than reactive, they are making great strides in this area. Aim is looking for ways to improve all the time, however they are willing to do things at a pace that isn't counterproductive.

Ideas are heard and considered, which is key anywhere you are looking to make your home. Coworkers are helpful, this is a place where you can have humor and still get your work completed.

Aim is a solid company that rewards those that do a good job, they have a good name in the community and I am happy to be a member of the Aim family.
Pros
Ability to have a voice, make a difference
Stay Away
Driver (Former Employee) –  Girard, OHMay 2, 2018
This company is very unorganized lack of communication is horrible!! They don't give raises.. management well they are complete and total back stabbers! I don't care how bad you need a job stay away ...and there trucks are not safe!
Benefits
Cons
Bad management! Lack of communication!
management has unrealizitic goals
Technician (Former Employee) –  PAApril 24, 2018
The company has to many Chiefs and not enough Indians. They promise training but that is a joke it's just an ego booster for the main instructor. The working employees are the only thing that makes it bearable to work there. Management want you to fix equipment right away but you have to wait on the most basic parts because they don't maintain a good parts inventory.
A good place to work
Mechanic on Tractors and Trailers, Straight (Current Employee) –  Bessemer, PAMarch 19, 2018
A good place to work. Most of the equipment, trucks, tractors are newer . The trailers are mostly older. They offer online information for knowledge testing on equipment.
Very busy office
Assistant Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Pottsville, PAMarch 15, 2018
I learned a lot working here, programs like Oracle, Excel and Windows. I enjoy interacting with our customers and have a good relationship with them. Office is very fast paced and never boring.
Pros
Coworkers, no weekends
Cons
Too much to do in a days time...
One of the worst trucking companies to drive for.
Tractor Trailer Operator (Former Employee) –  Girard, OH 44420March 8, 2018
In my experience working at AIM I seen driver's come and go all the time. Every meeting was them telling you how they are going to have to cut the driver pay only to up the pay of the dispatcher and safety personnel. I worked at AIM for four plus years and the pay kept getting worse along with the way the treat their employees when it should work the other way around. I reached my top rate at 34 cents per mile in the first year. There is no opportunity or advancement at this company.
Pros
Medical benefits
Cons
Everything else
Good people good pay
Over the Road Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  New York, NY paMarch 5, 2018
Like working with them, full benifets good pay brand new equipment work with you find the best loads for you and that pays well also very friendly staff
Pros
Keep you busy direct deposit
Cons
Away from home
Fun to work at, good group of people.
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Nazareth, PAFebruary 21, 2018
The work is tough on family time and the travel is hard given my circumstances. Die to the fact we are short on mechanics right now the work load builds and builds but we as a team are working to rectify the situation. Could stand to focus a little more on training but the work load is tremendous right now.
Pros
Free lunches when regional manager comes and when petty cash is not drained.
Cons
Parking lot is a mess
Saleries
Regional Director Fleet Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Girard, OHJanuary 31, 2018
This is a great company to have a career at. The only reason I left was the low salary for the position I held.
Great top management, Great Team effort, Great owner.
Cons
Low salaries
Official response from AIM Transportation Solutions
September 12, 2018

Thank you so much for your review on Aim! We have been working on becoming more competitive with our salaries. If you ever would like to think about returning, let us know.

Love it
Technician (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 27, 2018
People who start their carreer as a tech here dont understand how good they have it. Way more secure than dealers in my area. Managment is strict but they do their job very well make money and make sure jobs are turned around in a timely matter. Like any job it has its ups and downs and can be stressful but would take it over a dealership anyday. I can see myself staying for a while!
Excellent
Foreman (Current Employee) –  Pottsville, PAJanuary 16, 2018
Laid back. Work with min supervision flexible schedule good customers good incentives for training factory training good equipment and shop tools sign on bonus
Pros
Healthcare time off
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AIM Transportation Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about