AIM Transportation Solutions Employee Reviews

Stay away!!!
Shop Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chandler/Phoenix, AZNovember 10, 2018
Totally shady operation. No support from mgmt. Very little training. Expectations that you do the work of 2 people while constantly being criticized and threatened with termination. Despite several reports to HR of illegal activity and behavior of management that violates law, nothing was done. Very hostile work environment including management participating in hazing of new employees and referring to subordinates in denigrating terms.The atmosphere was one of everyone being afraid of losing their job if they even looked at the manager the wrong way. Who can be effective and productive with the constant intense stress?
Pros
Cons
Being treated as subhuman.
First Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILOctober 30, 2018
Aim didn't have a good thing going for them, the Management was week, came in every other week from Ohio always had new SOP, but was never carried out.
Pros
advance payment
Cons
great lunch hour
November 5, 2018

I am sorry to hear you were unhappy at Aim, I would love to discuss your concerns with you, you can email me at aulmer@aimntls.com. We strive to make sure our employees have a positive experience.

Great Trucking Company
Dedicated CDL Driver (Current Employee) –  Freedom, PAOctober 4, 2018
A very good company to work for that treats drivers like people rather than numbers. Downside is a lack of opportunity for advancement from driver into management.
October 9, 2018

Thank you so much for the review! I understand there are many more drivers than management or safety positions, there is always the opportunity. All of Aim's safety managers are former drivers for us. Also Mike was a driver on the Freedom account and he is now a Regional Director. Keep your chin up, opportunities may show up! :)

12 Months a slave
Payroll Clerk & Logistics Clerk (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OHSeptember 30, 2018
They have no idea what is a fair amount of work. They do not care if the work hours are realistic. My job was 12-8:30, right in the middle of a whole day. The harder I worked I was told that if they saw that I could handle more they would keep adding more. Who does that? Lunch was 1/2 hour, you needed a 1/2 hour just to shake off the work and take a breath!
Pros
Nice co-workers
Cons
Dead end grind!
October 3, 2018

We are sorry you felt that your workload was higher than you expected it to be. I would love to talk to you about this, so I can better understand your situation. If you could please contact Anna at aulmer@aimntls.com, I would love to have more information.

Constant lies to get what they want.
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Kings mountain ncSeptember 20, 2018
Will short you on signing bonus And no pay for coming to corporate on weekends. They have No Shop in Charlotte to get truck's fixed or to maintain them. Constantly break down. Promised New trucks still never arrived after 10 months. Stay away. Management gives you lies to quite You, then not answer phone. You've been warned!!!!
Cons
Stay away.
September 24, 2018

We are very sorry to hear about your unhappiness. We have a meeting scheduled to discuss the problems with the truck breaking down and the additional equipment. We take these comments very seriously and will address with all parties involved. Please reach out to our Recruiting Director Eleanor Arnold at earnold@aimntls.com, so that she may personally address these items and let you know what we are doing to correct them.

Great company your known by name not a number
Foreman/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Pottsville, PASeptember 9, 2018
Would recommend to friends and old coworkers great work life balance. Great training during work and opportunities for advancement. Good insurance with decent deductibles
Pros
Great management
September 24, 2018

Thank you so much for your review. At Aim we pride ourselves in being big enough to offer benefits of a larger company however still having the small company feel.

fun fast pace
Supervisors, Lead Technicians, Shop (Former Employee) –  Hanover Park, ILAugust 28, 2018
safety orientated, advancements available, employee friendly,upper management support, work as a team to solve any issues that may need attention, holding technicians accountable, reviewing work orders, budgets, dealing with clients on a daily basis, leadership meeting to review or come up with better ways to be profitable
September 24, 2018

Thank you for your review. We are always looking for ways to be a better company and make it a safer, happy place to work.

friendly place to work
warranty clerk (Current Employee) –  Girard, OH 44420August 20, 2018
extremely friendly employees
I've learned a lot since starting
ive never worked at a place like this before
I would never want to work anywhere else.
September 24, 2018

Thank you so much for your review. We are glad you are happy, as this is a great atmosphere.

Great place to work for employees are nice
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, ILAugust 11, 2018
I really enjoyed my time here never had a problem equipment was good kept you busy and sometimes have you the chance to get overtime one of the best local jobs I had
September 24, 2018

Thank you so much for your review. Aim is always doing our best with maintenance and keeping the employees happy. Sounds like you are on a good account.

Safety
Rental Office Admin (Former Employee) –  VAJuly 18, 2018
It happened that my boss was very biased towards a particular person, and unfortunately I fell into the group though I was neutral.
When you’re in a work situation that seems “profoundly unfair,” it tends to eat away at “your psychic and emotional energy.

I hope if someone comes forth with an accusation of favoritism, don’t ignore it. Gather the facts and get to the bottom of it.
Cons
No sick hours
September 24, 2018

We are very sorry to hear about your unhappiness. That kind of atmosphere is not the kind of place we want for anyone. Please reach out to me at aulmer@aimntls.com as I want to discuss this further to see what we can do to assist.

Good place to finish my career
Driver (Current Employee) –  Struthers, OHJuly 13, 2018
Been here for about 2 1/2 years ,all in all a great place to work .Pay is fair, Insurance is above par ,they make you feel welcome & appreciated also ,equipment is well-maintained .
Pros
Health insurance
Cons
Aims not perfect, lol
September 24, 2018

Thank you for your review. It is true, no company is perfect as we are all human! :) I am glad that you are happy with the company. I agree, our benefit package is one of the best in the industry. Don't forget there is the referral bonus for any CDL drivers and Diesel Mechanics!

You can work over a year never get a pay raise
Truck Driver Class A/trainer (Current Employee) –  Bedford Hts, OHJuly 11, 2018
Aim it's a pretty good company to work for it's just you have too many contracts that you dealing with so it's contact you go to the environment is different the pay is different and you never know what you getting into until you get there. Salat times on the way you get a raise if you move to a different contract that pays more and you really don't know what your duties are because it's all word-of-mouth nothing is written down about what is your responsibilities and your duties for that contract. I've known drivers been there at the same contract for over 5 years and have not received a raise that is not a way of keeping drivers and if that contract was not renewed the drivers will lose your job and they will not be placed anywhere else so there is no job security.
September 24, 2018

Thank you for your review. We are sorry about you feeling there is no job security, as we are a financially strong company that has been around since 1962. If the account you are on is not renewed, we always have other accounts available. I see you are from Cleveland area and that is a very populated area for us on accounts.

Fun
Dispatcher/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAJune 13, 2018
Faxing and email proof of deliveries (P.O.D.'s ) per customers request. Invoice daily orders, dispatch drivers, Answering phones, Resolving customer issues.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Health Care
Clerk
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Current Employee) –  Napoleon, OHMay 22, 2018
The hours are there and the pay is decent. I enjoy my job but the stress can be a bit much, I think there are things needing addressed that could make for a better work environment. Consistency would be one, and advancements.
September 24, 2018

Thank you for your review. If there are items that could be done that are within our power to make the work environment better, I would be open to listening. You can reach me at aulmer@aimntls.com

It is getting better all the time
Recruiting Manager (Current Employee) –  Girard, OHMay 14, 2018
I have been at Aim for 7 years, I have been recognized and rewarded for going above and beyond. It is good to know that hard work is recognized and appreciated.

Upper management realizes they need to be more proactive than reactive, they are making great strides in this area. Aim is looking for ways to improve all the time, however they are willing to do things at a pace that isn't counterproductive.

Ideas are heard and considered, which is key anywhere you are looking to make your home. Coworkers are helpful, this is a place where you can have humor and still get your work completed.

Aim is a solid company that rewards those that do a good job, they have a good name in the community and I am happy to be a member of the Aim family.
Pros
Ability to have a voice, make a difference
Stay Away
Driver (Former Employee) –  Girard, OHMay 2, 2018
This company is very unorganized lack of communication is horrible!! They don't give raises.. management well they are complete and total back stabbers! I don't care how bad you need a job stay away ...and there trucks are not safe!
Benefits
Cons
Bad management! Lack of communication!
management has unrealizitic goals
Technician (Former Employee) –  PAApril 24, 2018
The company has to many Chiefs and not enough Indians. They promise training but that is a joke it's just an ego booster for the main instructor. The working employees are the only thing that makes it bearable to work there. Management want you to fix equipment right away but you have to wait on the most basic parts because they don't maintain a good parts inventory.
A good place to work
Mechanic on Tractors and Trailers, Straight (Current Employee) –  Bessemer, PAMarch 19, 2018
A good place to work. Most of the equipment, trucks, tractors are newer . The trailers are mostly older. They offer online information for knowledge testing on equipment.
Very busy office
Assistant Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Pottsville, PAMarch 15, 2018
I learned a lot working here, programs like Oracle, Excel and Windows. I enjoy interacting with our customers and have a good relationship with them. Office is very fast paced and never boring.
Pros
Coworkers, no weekends
Cons
Too much to do in a days time...
One of the worst trucking companies to drive for.
Tractor Trailer Operator (Former Employee) –  Girard, OH 44420March 8, 2018
In my experience working at AIM I seen driver's come and go all the time. Every meeting was them telling you how they are going to have to cut the driver pay only to up the pay of the dispatcher and safety personnel. I worked at AIM for four plus years and the pay kept getting worse along with the way the treat their employees when it should work the other way around. I reached my top rate at 34 cents per mile in the first year. There is no opportunity or advancement at this company.
Pros
Medical benefits
Cons
Everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AIM Transportation Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.