Aimbridge Hospitality

Aimbridge Hospitality Employee Reviews

United States785 reviews

hotelinterstatehospitalitypropertygmguestguhousekeeper

almost 2 years

been with the company almost 2 years and they lack of management, I gotten promotions but they always keep the top positions for their friends and they don't do it base on performance.

Long standing time, knit pick on little things

Having worked hours on foot, managers would bring up anytime you leaned or rested for too long. With multiple days back to back having not a proper break or meal. When management is gone for the day, they are gone. No time for a proper 15 min break, unorganized, lack of communication, and too much gossip.

Aimbridge Hospitality insights

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager

Standard Hotel Management Company Experience

Aimbridge is one of the largest operators of hotels in the country so it is easy to feel like a number. The jobs they hire for most are entry level hotel jobs like front desk, housekeeping, maintenance, etc. So culture and work environment are dependent on your property and your managers. The hardest part of the job was that there was no end time- you fought the fires until they were extinguished which made work/life balance difficult. It is the job of the senior management of each property to really convey culture and some people did it better than others. Owners can also play a role in property culture that deviates from Aimbridge. The most enjoyable part of the job was often my co-workers- they could always be relied upon to commiserate about horrid guest experiences. If you are looking for a hospitality job within Aimbridge or any other hotel operator- ask the interviewer plenty questions to determine what it would be like working there and if you think a specific team or property would be a right fit. There is room for advancement, but again it is all relative to your property and management. There are so many jobs that advancement may mean working at a different location entirely.

Ok place to work

The hours are long and you have no voice. It was a lot worse after covid and the new people took over upper management. They are old school and need to get with the times

No Management

My hotel is a large one and has been running without AGM or GM for past 7 months since I've started. If I was accurately explained at interview it would have been fine, I probably would have not accepted the job. Worst company for sure. Benefits for health insurance are decent only $500 deductible but it's not worth it.

Stressful Work Conditions

Super stressful work conditions. Bare minimum training and development 1day. Accounting department completely off balance, required to work weekends in order to ensure accounting was done, NO OVERTIME. You only get paid 2 times a month regardless 15th & 30th-31st. No PTO PAYOUT.

The Only Management I Miss

I worked for Aimbridge Hospitality for almost 3 years from a Front Desk Agent to Supervisor. I worked at a Hilton in Kendall, FL. I helped open it, I was part of the opening team, I grew to become a Supervisor. While I didn't always 100% agree with some decisions I felt they were very fair.I can say the pay is decent, but the have the best benefits of any other management company I've ever worked for. Till this day they are always the company & property I hold every other hotel I go to as a standard. I will stay say that was the best property I ever worked for & if I move back I definitely would go to this property. I wish Aimbridge had more Hilton properties in North Carolina & Vermont because I'd be proud to be part of that team again. If you aspire to work in hotels Aimbridge is the level you want to reach.

Hit or Miss Management

Half of the managers I have worked with are competent while others haven't hit the mark(still keep them even when poorly performing). THe company uses low hospitality tactics to keep pay and hours low for a lot of other employees. Hotel culture starts with the leadership and sometimes inconsistencies make a tough work environment.

Terrible management

Made amazing money but awful management and trying to get what I needed for my bar was always a challenge. The only reason I put up with the job was because of my regulars and the money was amazing. But I never got a day off and on my days off I was called in for people who called out to work.

Pros

Good money

Cons

No breaks, can’t smoke on property without getting fired, this company is not one to give 2nd chances

Happy to leave

Felt like the job was getting done but management definitely shows favoritism. Would not recommend due to the lack of compassion and effort management when everyone calls out and expects you to figure it out.

Poor management style

Manager is very young minded. Very much a micro managed position with little adversity. GM not well versed in all departments causing everyone to work towards different goals.Great place for a “yes sir “ type personality but no room for ideas or change.

Pros

The building and coworkers

Cons

Many

I worked there at the time because I needed to work

The management was the the worst I’ve ever dealt with. The chef would curse me out just because he was in a bad mood. The management did nothing cos they needed a morning cook. The overturn of cooks was crazy. I was the only server.

Pros

Cons

The management was rude and didn’t care about anyone.

Great Company

Aimbridge is a great company to work for. I believe they get a bad rep from less informed associates. Aimbridge does not set the budget for the hotels but the actual ownership of each property. I loved working for Aimbridge as I was able to learn a lot and had great support from my superiors.

Ex-gm

Lots of good people at Aimbridge. I was treated with urgency to I could ramp up quickly in order to open my hotel. It was obvious the vast majority of people on and off site really cared about mysuccess.

Rude coworkers, bad management, overworked

They overwork everyone l. Training is close to nothing. Upper management is rude and never helpful. The owners let is work in 105 to 112 without air conditioning in our office. Manager followed through on very little. Bad experience all around.

Easy work terrible management

The work and my coworkers is the best part, the work is easy and just about all of my coworkers are reliable and fun people. Management on the other hand is extremely negligent and ignorant, they aren’t following their own Covid policies and now people are sick. They can’t provide us with proper equipment and don’t know how to work with my coworkers who are mentally handicapped. They cause the problems and then complain that there’s a problem. No one is on your side, only your coworkers. Can’t trust them.

Job security.

Good work place tom of hours available . If you work hard you will have job security. The managers are amazing. And work with you as long as you keep them in the loop and let them know what's going on. Good pay

It's hospitality for guests and owners.

The culture is crippled by the ownership in most hotels. The pay, hours, and demand have never been focused around employee loyalty and performance. If you have the gift of gab and no outside life you can promote easily here. The pay however isn't anything like it should be considering the level of commitment required. Scare tactics, empty promises and low moral and horrible pay hurts this industry. Aimbridge at very least has great vacation and PTO programs. However permission to use them is local to your owner/manager. Consistently short staffed. For years. Not just post pandemic.

Building a Culture

Aimbridge Central Accounting is the place to be. The work is intense and very challenging at times, but the leadership cares about it's employees and supports them consistently. The foundation is based on feedback - both down and up the chain. The culture is a fun and relaxed environment and allows for flexibility in working in and out of the office. For those wanting to advance in their careers, Aimbridge is growing and the desire is to always promote from within.

Corporate Soul Devourer

Management if that is what it's title is has no idea that it's Management. Maybe turnstile door is more appropriate. They complain about not achieving a quota, yet when you ask for support to achieve said quota, they all of a sudden turn blind, deaf, and dumb. No budget for materials, man power or training. Advice or suggestions that we give, being the people on the field are completely ignored. Yet they wonder why work is not completed or delayed, when we give them the ideas to mitigate or resolve the problems in the first place.

Great culture and management

Great company to work for. Nice brand new building and facility.Management is very flexible with your schedule with the hybrid schedule.Great culture with always have events in the HQ in Plano

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aimbridge Hospitality. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Aimbridge Hospitality.
Powered byComparably

Compare Aimbridge Hospitality with

Aimbridge Hospitality reviews by popular job title

• Aimbridge Hospitality