Aimco Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
fun to work at
Service Technician\ Logistic Associate (Former Employee) –  Levittown, PAJune 27, 2018
Aimco was the right school for me, management care about the team members, very professional, fun and great coworkers. If you were a hard working person and loyal to the company advancement was easy to accomplish.
Hard
Community Manager (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 3, 2018
A typical day at AIMCO is unlike most days; The pressure to succeed is force fed and you are expected to exceed goals with inadequate staffing, unrealistic expectations and little support
I felt like a guppy in a shark tank
Facilities Specialist - Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 26, 2018
If you enjoy high corporate life, this might be a great place to look into. For me, I felt like a guppy in a shark tank! I was greatly disappointed to be a part of this team.
Fun place to work
Resident Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAMay 18, 2018
Aimco is a family friendly company that focus a lot of family and work balance. Compensation was great, in the right position you can make a lot on commission
overall good company to work for fair pay and promotions
Maintenance Technician II (Former Employee) –  Corte Madera, CAMay 15, 2018
Start day cleaning garages of garbage,spider webs,clean garbage rooms as needed. after that start on service request changing light fixtures repairing garbage disposals etc. also if needed work with service manager ie washer dryer install. learned dishwasher install, light electrical plaster work door repair pluming carpentry etc only real down for me was the commute 80 miles round trip. best part was working with residents to resolve issues that they may have and take of them.
Pros
nice people
Cons
not very inclusive
I was happy until they decided to sell off everything
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZMay 3, 2018
They left the state. They started selling off all the properties and I had no choice but to look for another job. Overall I was happy with them for the time I was employed with Aimco.
organized
Multi-Site Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 30, 2018
Organized and well trained company. The persons I worked with directly were awesome and made it feel like a team effort. Much of the support received came from same level.
Good company
Superintendent (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 26, 2018
Like the company and properties they have to work at when you need help there's help.managers give you the information need for all things that going on at property
i learned and grew in experience with Aimco.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAApril 16, 2018
it is a good company, and I gained experience at Aimco. I would refer anyone that is interested in working for Aimco to apply. I have no regrets working for this company, or its upper management.
Needs New Management
RESIDENT RELATIONS SPECIALISTS (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAApril 11, 2018
A great company overall but location I was at was being ran by a very poor management team. I would definitely consider working for the company itself again.
Pros
Staff
Cons
Salary, Poor Management, Slander
Little pay for lots of work and stress unfair treatment
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COApril 11, 2018
Little pay for way to much work. All managers care about are numbers and how their end of month looks. Company offers a bonus system which is insulating when broken down. High school environment in shared service center. When hired a lot of details were not disclosed about the auctal job. Learn a lot of legal stuff. ie.. which ever portfolio you have, you have to learn the entire legal process for evictions and work closely with attorneys. No accountability for performance of community managers, leasing consultants or anyone really that works at communities. Seems like they only hire “bodies” to fill positions. Good people to work with, awful management. Very challenging and fast paced.
Pros
Good people, good hours, fairly flexible with scheduling
Cons
See review
Very stressful!!!
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  MichiganApril 6, 2018
I felt that Aimco was more focused on numbers than the people. Employees and residents are secondary to the numbers. After telling the manager that a residents apartment flooded, the response was "Such as life". Just didn't care.
Pros
Commissions were pretty good
Cons
Management only cares about numbers and not the people
They recycle and not in a good way
Sr. Relocation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDMarch 27, 2018
They recycle managers that have been fired from the company in the past for good reason. They are very strict and ignore employee needs and concerns. They fire good people and keep the bad ones.
Both productive and fun work place
Resident Relations Specialist/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 23, 2018
Started working with AIMCO threw an agency. But shortly was offered to join the crew and relocated to a different property. Loved my job here as well before I got pregnant and was in bed rest for 9 months.
Pros
Great work place
Cons
Couldn’t have weekends off
Very fulfilling and challenging work.
Operations (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAMarch 19, 2018
Aimco is a great company with a lot of opportunity to advance for a person who works hard and shows their value. If you are willing to move around a little you can sky rocket through this company. They have a great pay by performance culture and the work is very challenging.
Awesome place to work.
Service/Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, FLMarch 16, 2018
Great company to work for, they provided free rent, free home phone, paid electricity and water all of that with a very good salary. Should be the industry standard.
Great Place to work - Corporate office is located in Denver, CO
Accounting Process Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCMarch 13, 2018
The culture at Aimco is great. Organization encourages employees to "give back" to our surrounding communities. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people. Business decisions were made to close the Greenville office to streamline business and cut G & A expenses.
Great if you are a director or above
Corporate (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 11, 2018
Don’t expect any support unless you’re a director or above. Management takes the credit for great employees accomplishments. Team members are amazing.
Pros
Dress for your day, flexible schedule, community involvement
Cons
Management, no support, top heavy with directors
Fast paced , constantly moving
Multi- site service manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 8, 2018
Very fast paced enviornment that keeps you on your feet . There is never a dull moment and there is always something to be repaired or taken care of for the residents .
Love the work environment
HR (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 6, 2018
Aimco is different than any other company I have worked for. If you are looking for a Fast-paced environment, great leadership and ability to keep growing, Aimco is the company for you.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aimco. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight