Aimco
58Below average

Aimco Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA10 reviews
A typical day at work involves interacting with both employees and tenants. Employee issues may arise due to unanswered questions about day to day business operations and community/resident concerns. I handle all aspects of property operations from posting payments to resolving resident disputes whether it is a noise complaint, accounting question, maintenance issue, etc. I also handle all aspects of day to day business activities such as retaining residents and making certain that all issues are resolved to the resident's satisfaction. I have learned to be proactive and to approach any situation in a positive and respectful manner. Teamwork is an integral part of my job and this is important in building a positive and trustworthy work environment. The hardest part of my job is tackling difficult situations and to find a solution that works to everyone's benefit. The most enjoyable part of my job is having colleagues that you can trust and collaborate with and a manager who is supportive.
A typical day involved driving the distance between 4-5 properties per day and an overnight visit out of state at lease once per week. It was a heavy load, but I enjoyed it.
At each properties and during each visit:

supporting existing staff and hiring and training applicants and new employees.

Handling resident complaints and making decisions on what resolutions were best.

Monitoring the Financial performance of he properties

Monitoring the capital improvement needs of the properties

Marketing

Setting rents and fees

Collecting rents and fees

Visiting properties to ensure the aesthetic appearances were good
Pros
I loved the people; I loved my boss and my co-workers (still friends since 1992)
Cons
The travel
AIMCO is a great company to work for. They strive to make sure all employees are well-versed in daily activities. AIMCO offer classes to give all employees the opportunity to strive.
8-4 time to be at work was great. Working with the residents was the best. Pay was great. Nothing hard about the job management was differcult sometimes.
Pros
benefits, paid vacation, hoilday pay
Cons
When I worked for them they were trying out a new program and I got the short end of the stick. They took away the title and left me with all the work. I had done all the work of the Property manager but no authority. They had a traveling A/P& A/R , then a traveling turn team that was horrible. I ended up leaving after having a fire in my hallway and had to work 70 hours of overtime and these "traveling" people were no help.
Pros
On site apartment
Cons
No staff support
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
Good work life balance, Great RM managers. Wish the pay was more, good training, but they really need to update their product.
I was a maintenance tech and enjoyed my job. I moved on for career development.
Major layoffs over the past 2 years. Hostile work environment. Not employee friendly.
Fasted paced work environment at times very stressful and difficult balancing work and home life.
Pros
bonus are good, starbux points
Cons
benefits are not that great...401k is not matched by employer
They were a good company! Very helpful in learning and getting you the training you needed for progress in the company! Well organized!
Pros
learning opportunity
Cons
management
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Aimco?