Aimco Employee Reviews

i learned and grew in experience with Aimco.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAApril 16, 2018
it is a good company, and I gained experience at Aimco. I would refer anyone that is interested in working for Aimco to apply. I have no regrets working for this company, or its upper management.
Needs New Management
RESIDENT RELATIONS SPECIALISTS (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAApril 11, 2018
A great company overall but location I was at was being ran by a very poor management team. I would definitely consider working for the company itself again.
Pros
Staff
Cons
Salary, Poor Management, Slander
Little pay for lots of work and stress unfair treatment
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COApril 11, 2018
Little pay for way to much work. All managers care about are numbers and how their end of month looks. Company offers a bonus system which is insulating when broken down. High school environment in shared service center. When hired a lot of details were not disclosed about the auctal job. Learn a lot of legal stuff. ie.. which ever portfolio you have, you have to learn the entire legal process for evictions and work closely with attorneys. No accountability for performance of community managers, leasing consultants or anyone really that works at communities. Seems like they only hire “bodies” to fill positions. Good people to work with, awful management. Very challenging and fast paced.
Pros
Good people, good hours, fairly flexible with scheduling
Cons
See review
Very stressful!!!
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  MichiganApril 6, 2018
I felt that Aimco was more focused on numbers than the people. Employees and residents are secondary to the numbers. After telling the manager that a residents apartment flooded, the response was "Such as life". Just didn't care.
Pros
Commissions were pretty good
Cons
Management only cares about numbers and not the people
They recycle and not in a good way
Sr. Relocation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDMarch 27, 2018
They recycle managers that have been fired from the company in the past for good reason. They are very strict and ignore employee needs and concerns. They fire good people and keep the bad ones.
Both productive and fun work place
Resident Relations Specialist/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 23, 2018
Started working with AIMCO threw an agency. But shortly was offered to join the crew and relocated to a different property. Loved my job here as well before I got pregnant and was in bed rest for 9 months.
Pros
Great work place
Cons
Couldn’t have weekends off
Very fulfilling and challenging work.
Operations (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAMarch 19, 2018
Aimco is a great company with a lot of opportunity to advance for a person who works hard and shows their value. If you are willing to move around a little you can sky rocket through this company. They have a great pay by performance culture and the work is very challenging.
Awesome place to work.
Service/Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, FLMarch 16, 2018
Great company to work for, they provided free rent, free home phone, paid electricity and water all of that with a very good salary. Should be the industry standard.
Great Place to work - Corporate office is located in Denver, CO
Accounting Process Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCMarch 13, 2018
The culture at Aimco is great. Organization encourages employees to "give back" to our surrounding communities. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people. Business decisions were made to close the Greenville office to streamline business and cut G & A expenses.
Great if you are a director or above
Corporate (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 11, 2018
Don’t expect any support unless you’re a director or above. Management takes the credit for great employees accomplishments. Team members are amazing.
Pros
Dress for your day, flexible schedule, community involvement
Cons
Management, no support, top heavy with directors
Fast paced , constantly moving
Multi- site service manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 8, 2018
Very fast paced enviornment that keeps you on your feet . There is never a dull moment and there is always something to be repaired or taken care of for the residents .
Love the work environment
HR (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 6, 2018
Aimco is different than any other company I have worked for. If you are looking for a Fast-paced environment, great leadership and ability to keep growing, Aimco is the company for you.
Great Commission
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 4, 2018
Aimco is by far one of the best paying leasing jobs in the field, in regards to commission that is. However, the lack of support and high turnover doesn't encourage employees to stay. They require you to work as little as 32 hours a week and still maintain the same level of work ethic as an employee that is paid at 40 hours a week. Aimco takes pride in customer service but they do not appreciate their employees.
Pros
Commission and Incentives
Cons
Hours, base pay, and lack of advancement
Love company and would recommend
ASSOCIATE MANAGER AT MARINERS COVE (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 28, 2018
I really enjoy the values and culture of Aimco. I feel like I have a lot of support from my superiors and really enjoy learning every aspect of the company.
Love for Aimco
Leasing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INFebruary 24, 2018
I loved working for Aimco. If they had a position for me in management, I would take it. Great company. I hated that they sold Canterbury Green to the current company, but that's business and I understood. I just bought a home in Ft. Wayne or I would have moved on with Aimco.
Pros
Great company, very professional, took care of its people.
Cons
Do not have properties in Ft Wayne, Ind.
Wonderful Culture
Leasing Consultant II (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 24, 2018
The only reason I left Aimco was that I was in the process of changing careers. The workplace culture had a family-type feel. There was an emphasis on building a real sense of community within the apartment community. The most challenging part of the job was when a prospective resident could not meet the criteria for renting an apartment, and that is something that is entirely out of the control of the company.
Pros
Good work-life balkence, fair compensation for work performed, excellent culture
fun but challenging
Assistant Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 21, 2018
Great work experience and culture. Room for growth and an excellent company to set a foundation for leadership skills.................................
productive
posting rent payments
filing
I learned a lot
management was good
workplace culture stressed and fast past sometimes
hardest part of job posting evictions
most enjoyable was doing walk thru
Pros
hours
Cons
healthcare
What you learned
Director of Service & Quality (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CAFebruary 18, 2018
Aimco is a great company to work for. They set high standards but meeting them is fulfilling. Learned how to work within budgets and pay attention to details.
Pros
Constantly looking for ways to improve
Cons
Rather large company and you can get lost in the crowd
Aimco
Intern (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COFebruary 18, 2018
I did an internship at AIMCO during high school. Although I wasn't there for a long time, the time that I was there was very fun with a lot of learning opportunities.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aimco. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.3

2.1Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight