Aimco Employee Reviews

Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 14, 2018
It's a business and like all businesses operating on old business philosophies, the company is interested in the bottom line rather than employee focused.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
typical work day
COMMUNITY MANAGER (Former Employee) –  USAF Academy, COOctober 5, 2018
If you like change this is the job for you they change hourly. They expect you to do more with less help and still make the company money at the same time.
Cut throat como
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  AnonymousOctober 3, 2018
Management is only worried about their jobs, not the employees that could make their jobs easier, no trust or support for the on-site teams. Revenue, revenue revenue is all they worried about
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Lack of support from upper management
the hardest part the of the job
Head Janitor (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 1, 2018
Found out that the part-time helped that suppose to work Monday, Wednesday, and Friday 3 days out of the week. after several months never got the person who suppose been hired for that position found out that that position was cut out of the budget. But other than that if I had the help the job would have been great and would have stayed on.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Burke, VASeptember 30, 2018
AIMCO is a great company to work for. They strive to make sure all employees are well-versed in daily activities. AIMCO offer classes to give all employees the opportunity to strive.
great management company
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 25, 2018
Great place to work with a company that promotes from within. Lots of training provided, great benefits and apartment. Residents and managers are easy to work with.
Pros
apartment allowance
Cons
numerous calls from vendors
A Good Company
National Performance Training Mgr (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 17, 2018
Aimco was a good place to work. Although they went through several different reorgs during my short time there. Some leaders were bullies - but overall a good job and I had good people in my team to work with.
turn specialist
Turn Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MISeptember 16, 2018
we were a team that turned the units throughout the property of 1900 units. if units were bad we would tag team on them. but for the most part we would work on units alone.
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
bad un approchable maintenance manager
Wonderful place to work with fun incentives and competitions
Leasing Consultant/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILSeptember 5, 2018
I really liked my time working for AIMCO. Managers were always nice and the small office environment was very appealing. I liked the competitive aspects and being pushed to be even greater.
Benefits
Changing management and staff quicker than changing tennants
maint tech 3 (Former Employee) –  865 belleview NashvilleAugust 28, 2018
Transferred following previous staff let go. 8 mos was let go 3 mos new prop mgr & maint mgr let go. Not too bad easy work pending abilities to do it.
Pros
Pay above average
Cons
Do or Don't do you won't make it
fun to work at
Service Technician\ Logistic Associate (Former Employee) –  Levittown, PAJune 27, 2018
Aimco was the right school for me, management care about the team members, very professional, fun and great coworkers. If you were a hard working person and loyal to the company advancement was easy to accomplish.
Hard
Community Manager (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 3, 2018
A typical day at AIMCO is unlike most days; The pressure to succeed is force fed and you are expected to exceed goals with inadequate staffing, unrealistic expectations and little support
I felt like a guppy in a shark tank
Facilities Specialist - Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 26, 2018
If you enjoy high corporate life, this might be a great place to look into. For me, I felt like a guppy in a shark tank! I was greatly disappointed to be a part of this team.
Fun place to work
Resident Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAMay 18, 2018
Aimco is a family friendly company that focus a lot of family and work balance. Compensation was great, in the right position you can make a lot on commission
overall good company to work for fair pay and promotions
Maintenance Technician II (Former Employee) –  Corte Madera, CAMay 15, 2018
Start day cleaning garages of garbage,spider webs,clean garbage rooms as needed. after that start on service request changing light fixtures repairing garbage disposals etc. also if needed work with service manager ie washer dryer install. learned dishwasher install, light electrical plaster work door repair pluming carpentry etc only real down for me was the commute 80 miles round trip. best part was working with residents to resolve issues that they may have and take of them.
Pros
nice people
Cons
not very inclusive
I was happy until they decided to sell off everything
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZMay 3, 2018
They left the state. They started selling off all the properties and I had no choice but to look for another job. Overall I was happy with them for the time I was employed with Aimco.
organized
Multi-Site Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 30, 2018
Organized and well trained company. The persons I worked with directly were awesome and made it feel like a team effort. Much of the support received came from same level.
Good company
Superintendent (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 26, 2018
Like the company and properties they have to work at when you need help there's help.managers give you the information need for all things that going on at property
i learned and grew in experience with Aimco.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAApril 16, 2018
it is a good company, and I gained experience at Aimco. I would refer anyone that is interested in working for Aimco to apply. I have no regrets working for this company, or its upper management.
Needs New Management
RESIDENT RELATIONS SPECIALISTS (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAApril 11, 2018
A great company overall but location I was at was being ran by a very poor management team. I would definitely consider working for the company itself again.
Pros
Staff
Cons
Salary, Poor Management, Slander

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aimco. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight