Aimco Employee Reviews

False representation
Manager (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 28, 2017
You are stretched to your absolute limit. Aimco was a great company several years ago but you now have a culture of higher level management greed. Apartments are filled with roaches and rats but they wont give the funding to correct these items. Team on site is awesome but not worth the stress.
good company
Senior Director of Construction (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 20, 2017
good company to work for
good people to work with
good benefits
good management
good job security/advancement
good corporate culture
good work/live balance
Growing Corporation with Some of the Perks of a Start-Up
Resident Relations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COAugust 14, 2017
The thing I like most about Aimco is the company culture. We have some type of food almost every week, a ping pong table, and a popcorn machine. They describe movement within the company as a jungle gym instead of a ladder. I really like the people I work with, but I wish the pay was higher. 401k could be better, too.
Pros
Free food a couple times a month, great company culture, paid volunteer time, opportunity for bonus
Cons
Very low 401k matching, below average pay, turnover
Fun company
Leasing Manager (Former Employee) –  Hermitage, TNAugust 10, 2017
Company was involved in many volunteer opportunities and worked with the community. They offered great pay and competitive bonuses. Had wonderful insurance and plenty of room to advance.
Great benefits, family oriented and strive to live up to its core values
Community Manager (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 25, 2017
Great benefits, family oriented and strive to live up to its core values.
Dedicated to providing excellent customer service while delivering quality products.
Resident Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDJuly 25, 2017
8-4 time to be at work was great. Working with the residents was the best. Pay was great. Nothing hard about the job management was differcult sometimes.
Pros
benefits, paid vacation, hoilday pay
Great Company....... But
HAP Compliance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 24, 2017
There is a lot of turn over. Due to the new management/supervisors taking a place of another. It most often makes work life hard. Trying to adapt to the new way of doing things, when you are just now getting into the way of doing things, based on the last supervisor/ Manager. The company is known for putting more of a work load on you,but not raising your pay

But overall the Company is really a great place to work.
Good corporate structure
General Manager (GM) (Former Employee) –  Wyoming, MIJune 26, 2017
8-10 hr day.
Good culture
Work life balance tough
Great team members with a respectful environment
Great marketing support and very knowledgeable
Proactive maintenance team
Pros
Good Culture
Cons
Work life balance challenges
Very productive and family goal oriented
Executive Assist Development/Office Man (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 22, 2017
AIMCO is an awesome company. It's sad the office closed when the economy when through the recession or I would still be there. My manager was a great man and we worked as a team. The office employed more than 50 people in corporate and managed more than 300 offsite. There was never any injustice and always an Open-Door opportunity for suggestions. Management listened to ideas and sometimes used them. I truly miss this company and the atmosphere.
Pros
Great family/friends created
Cons
Office closing
Residents keep you going
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 21, 2017
Okay place . Great to gain experience located downtown always something going on. Residents take care of you nothing major really happens ...............
My experiance with this company was horrible
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, MAJune 17, 2017
I can say that they pay well. However, in my first year of employ with Aimco, I was sexually harrassed by my female manager, singled out and disrespected and harrassed on a daily basis. Nothing was ever done to correct the issue. I had leases & bonuses taken away from me, they owed me thousands in bonuses which they refused to pay. They put my leases under a different name so that I would not recieve my proper pay. My assistant manager was well aware of the harrassment and did nothing to assist me. I was basically driven pout of my job which I loved doing however out became so hostile art work that out affected me physically & emotionally. I was not treated t all week with this company.
Pros
Bonuses for sales goal incentives
Cons
Hostile work environment, poor product, does not care about its employees.
Lots of Traveling - Very interesting to work for.
Dir. Info Analyst/Performance Training Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 2, 2017
I learned about Property management and CRMDB software - very interesting, could not believe how much I learned. Since I was a trainer my management expected a 6 day work week and we were expected to travel to 2 cities a week. The class we taught was 2.5 to 3 days in length - there were some unrealistic expectations. Zero work life balance and why I left.
Pros
Amazing what you'll learn about this business.
Cons
I was married and it was hard on the relationship or any relationship!
Very Productive, fun, excited and closed many leases
Relocation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greenbelt, MDMay 13, 2017
A typical day at work was renting atleast 4-5 apartments a day. I learned that working together as a team we can close at least 25 application a day. The hardest part of the job was leaving the job on time and the most enjoyable part of the job was my co-workers working together.
Not there too long
Service Tech II (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLMay 7, 2017
It was OK to work there, but not what I do for a living. They fired our boss and we all quit because of that. The boss was really good, but black not Hispanic which was the management team.
Pros
Paycheck
Cons
Racist managment
Loved it
Leasing Consultant/Assistant Manager Trainee (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAMay 1, 2017
This is a great company to work for. The training that I have received with this company I have taken with me to other companies as well.
This is one of the only companies that at actually willing to train you for the job.
Loved my job but it relocated
Payroll Analyst (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 27, 2017
Great management, benefits, PTO and room for advancement. I loved working there, but unfortunately they merged with a new company and corporate jobs moved away.
Pros
I loved everything about working there
Cons
They moved to SC
Competitive & Performance Environment
Community Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 23, 2017
To succeed in this company you need to be ready to deal with fast-paced environment and to train well your team. Great opportunities to growth and training is often offered for team members.
Pros
Recognition and bonus
Cons
Work Life balance
Wasn't my fit
Operation Manager (Former Employee) –  Annandale, VAApril 20, 2017
When I worked for them they were trying out a new program and I got the short end of the stick. They took away the title and left me with all the work. I had done all the work of the Property manager but no authority. They had a traveling A/P& A/R , then a traveling turn team that was horrible. I ended up leaving after having a fire in my hallway and had to work 70 hours of overtime and these "traveling" people were no help.
Pros
On site apartment
Cons
No staff support
great place to work
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 18, 2017
great I love Aimco great place overall to work awesome company
anyone looking for challenges and growth would love it Aimco. great benefits and great leaders here
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
productive job
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYMarch 30, 2017
Some clients were rude. The work was done quick wasn't as much problems as i thought it would be. People did some of the most nastiest things in the buildings.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aimco. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.3

2.1Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight