Aims Community College Employee Reviews

Leadership always changing
Program Director (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COMarch 2, 2019
Leadership is always changing and roles are not clearly defined. Lack of quality services to students--the bar is set very low. The buildings are well kept and beautiful.
Aims is great!
Intern / brochures, and fliers for Aims staff (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COJanuary 24, 2019
My experience at Aims was really great. Working with clients was a good experience. I was required to get projects on a deadline. The Manager was very helpful on keeping things in stock for the project and would always help out if having trouble.
Pros
Manager, culture
Cons
sometimes things were too slow and not much to do
Education
Student Development (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COOctober 26, 2018
I had alot of fun during the time I went back to college. Not only did I update my education but I enjoyed learning. The professors where great to work with and understand what they wanted.
6 wk interim Director of AIMS Foundation
Interim Exec. Dir. of Development/AIMS Foundation (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COOctober 24, 2018
I was hired to keep the foundation functioning after former Director was recruited to gobto work with a newly elected Colorado governor. My job was to raise funds, keepnexisting donors happy, and disburse scholarships as appropriate
Pros
Opportunity to make contacts in the community, rewarding experiences while awarding scholarships.
Cons
Very short time, had to hit ground running, no time for handoff training from leaving Exe Dir
Best job ever
Peer Educator for Cessation (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COOctober 22, 2018
I really enjoyed getting to create events that fed our student body some great information on cessation from drugs alcohol and tobacco. This was also one of my most rewarding jobs. I was able to share with the student body the knowledge I had as well as others to keep them from harm through drug use as well as give them the knowledge to quit if they have already formed some of the bad habits I touched on in my events.
It's noble and fun to teach what you know to others.
Air Traffic Control Instructor (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COAugust 7, 2018
This job was part time and I performed it on one of my days off. It was very rewarding helping potential future controllers. It was nice to have an opportunity to give back.
Full time student
Full Time Student (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COJuly 18, 2018
I di not work at Aims Community College I was a student. Going for business degree. It was a good experience, glad I did it, I would recommend all people to go to Aims if they want to further their education
cool fun relaxed place
Forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COJuly 7, 2018
love the vibes they are very friendly and always helpful great place to work young people every where and relaxed pace now i have to keep typing cuz of this minimum.
It is a nice little college in a conservative community
Faculty (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COJune 21, 2018
If you get hired as faculty, expect no raise, ever, except cost of living. Otherwise, nice place to work, decent benefits, a bit conservative, a little micromanaged depending on the dean
Pros
summers off
Cons
no possibility for advancement, ever
Community College
CDL Instructor (Current Employee) –  Greeley, COApril 28, 2018
Aims Community College is like any governmental entity, in that there is a lot of politics involved in getting anything done. I am part time and there are no benefits.
Pros
Great people
Cons
No benefits
supplemental instructor
Associate Degree of Nursing (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COApril 19, 2018
I was a supplemental instructor for Aims Community College for their Anatomy and Physiology class. I would teach material that was covered in class and go into detail with key concepts being noted. This was to help students gain knowledge in difficult material.
Do not work here
Director of Student Life (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COMarch 11, 2018
Aims Community College discriminates against their employees for thinking for themselves and trying to serve students to the best of their ability. I would not recommend working here if you have any ideas and don't want to work in a box.
fun place to work
Material Handler and Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COMarch 5, 2018
in the time i spent at aim it was a great place to work positive energy everywhere and the work was steady and not to complicated. i would definitely recommend for a friend or family member to work there.
Awesome
Welding - work study (Former Employee) –  Fort Lupton, CODecember 13, 2017
Was fun and informational, best work study programs ever. Only for students currently enrolled. Prefect for college graduates while studying. Gives plenty of time and quiet area for homework.
A great place to work.
department, Assistant Instructor Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COOctober 22, 2017
I was with Aims for almost 7 years. I loved working there, but I had no room for advancement in my department. The year before I left there was a new president, and she had a freeze on advancement for part time worker's.
Pros
Nice people and sometimes free food
Cons
No health insurance for part time work.
great school, excellent teachers, plenty of computers
Model (Former Employee) –  Loveland, COOctober 14, 2017
I learned a lot at aims, got my associates there. mostly took computer and history classes. The teachers were excellent and understanding. the only hard part was figuring out if I was still on call or not.
Pros
access to computers, great coffee, free tutors
Cons
short breaks
Alot of politics at Aims Community College
Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COSeptember 30, 2017
It was ok to work here but the job I was in required many, many hours. The college culture there controls everything. There was a lot of in fighting and they would not listen to much in put, even from outside people who controlled their future, like the FAA.
Pros
good pay, over time, if your full time benefits are great!
Cons
Management is terrible
Unfair Supervisor, no opportunities for advancement
Adjunct Faculty, English (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COSeptember 18, 2017
The English department's manager is sexist and judgmental, assuming students are right before listening to the teacher's point of view. He hires more men than women, which is odd considering the ratio of men to women seeking this type of position.
Wonderful
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COSeptember 17, 2017
I loved working with Aims, only problem was that I was a work-study and we were not paid a livable wage. I loved the people that I worked with, and I hated to see my time with them end.
Full time Student
Full-Time Student (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COSeptember 7, 2017
I did not work at Aims, I was a full time student and had a very excellent experience. Great support from the teachers and academically sound. Fun place to learn and get great education
Pros
great support