Air Comfort Solutions Employee Reviews

Horrible Management and so much more
HVAC Technician (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 19, 2019
This company is so wishy-washy and shady. It is evident as an employee that all they care about is making money. They don't allow a good work/life balance - expect you to be on call ALL weekend at LEAST twice a month, and on MOST holidays. The benefits are horrible, no guarantee on 40 hours, and the 401k is not matched. Can come in and have no work, sit at the shop for 7 hours, and then be told to go home with NO PAY, or sent on a job a 3:30p. Or get sent home just to be called back in to work later. The Tulsa manager is mouthy and doesn't care about employees or listen to peers. They did not allow me to work my last 2 weeks, also screwed me out of my last paycheck by docking over $200 for "uniform fees" when all were turned in. My personal AC went out at home during the heat of summer and they wouldn't allow me to take a day off to fix it, instead we had to wait 3 days while I was working late into the night after work. One month they offer to pay 100% of insurance, then 2 months later switch it up and cancel. Only work here if you are desperate. Summer pay is great but they will not hesitate to work you to death and expect you to do it everyday. They expect their employees to be loyal when they are NOT and will not do anything for the betterment of moral or environment. During the winter months when it is slow the hours are not guaranteed, so you may not even make enough money to live off of. Overall, it was not a good experience and not recommended.The management is not understanding - won't hesitate to screw you. Prime example of poor acceptance of responsibility as a place  more... of work.  less
Pros
Work truck
Cons
Everything else
Experience & loyalty hold no value here
Mechanical Journeyman (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 12, 2019
Think twice before coming to work here, the overall politics is outrageous and you will get worked into the ground trying keep corrupt things covered up. If you’re a tech w/ morals and real field experience....don’t waste your time, you’ll regret it. There’s no training at all, and in the slower part of the season they will ask for volunteers to go home. There is a significant lack of support from management, although they say “the door is always open” when you approach them with issues they just feel as if you’re “complaining”. The benefits are horrible, no holiday pay, no guarantee on hours, and the 401k is not matched. They promote a sign on bonus, as well as other bonuses, incentives and commission. Which not everyone will be in a position to take advantage of the commission, then certain techs will brag about how much money they make to techs that run mostly warranty and call back svc calls. Again, I would highly consider going elsewhere...if you go to work here you will regret it at some point.
Pros
Potential to earn more money with spiffs and commission
Cons
Extremely poor management and lack of training
Not a good place to work
Accounts Payables/Receivables Specialist (Former Employee) –  Moore, OKFebruary 25, 2019
Workload is overwhelming and major overtime is expected of you thus gives you no family life especially in the summer. There is no communication whatsoever and the favoritism is outrageous. Structure and management is very poor. There is no sick leave or paid holidays. I would recommend not working for ACS.
Apply only if you are desperate.
Residential Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJanuary 11, 2019
They tell you what they think you want to hear to get you on board with them, but after a couple of months you find out they DO NOT have your best interest for advancement at heart. The health benefits they offer is a joke for the price you pay and they DO NOT CONTRIBUTE to a 401k retirement plan. They screen on calls going out, so, if you are not one of the selected sales guys they send out you most likely want get any hours. The 30 hour guarantee is not true at all.
Pros
A lack of
Cons
The company
Greedy and untrustworthy
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Moore, OKSeptember 5, 2018
These people are not driven to give a great customer experience. They really don't care about the customer , they only care for the money, the goals provided by the owner ensures that money is the only reward.they care less and less about customers and even less about family. Unless you're in the family with the owner, you won't advance. Even the manager dont realize he's nothing. He can't even punish the top techs when they make major mistakes. The truth is, you can't have morals and work here expecting to advance.
Family Owned Productive Fun Workplace
Dispatcher & Front Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, GAAugust 20, 2018
Air Comfort Solutions is a family owned & operated business with great benefits as well as great management. The workplace environment is fast paced and team oriented.
Pros
Small Family Owned Business
Cons
Too far from home
Started off good, and went south
Information Technology Specialist, HR, Fleet Mgmt. (Current Employee) –  Moore, OKAugust 17, 2018
Always doing something different at this job, and always felt that I was needed. Felt safe at my job, kept very busy all of the time, having numerous meeting each day with the general manager, was close with the owner of the company. Then one day the owner calls up, and says to get rid of 20+ office employees. I was then let go for no reason along with many more employees.
Pros
Family owned company
Cons
Not knowing when you'd be let go, no safety net.
Good Pay But Overworked
Journeyman (Former Employee) –  OklahomaApril 16, 2018
In the wintertime there will be alot of downtime. during the summer you will have so many hours you wont want to get out of bed the next morning. Basically if you want to have a healthy life at home if you are a family rounded individual do not work here. Choose a smaller company that allows you to have a good life work balance. However its great pay for the single person. a decent benefit package as well. One other thing is I had a contract with them and they didnt keep up their end of it. They even went through the trouble of formatting a new document to cover it.
Worst job ever
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKFebruary 15, 2018
Worst job ever! You are just a number to them. They use your hard work to get rich and pay for their expensive spokesmen! The management is definitely the worst I've seen.
Pros
Cons
Erverything
My experience at Air Comfort Solutions
Full Time Accountant (Former Employee) –  Moore, OKJanuary 26, 2018
There was no room for advancement in accounting but I loved the people I worked with. It was entry level accounting work. I was there for 4 years. I started as an intern.
ACS is the real deal!
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJanuary 25, 2018
The business is run like a smaller company, but on a much bigger scale. Where else can you work as much as you want with fantastic management. We take care of our customers and employees. I highly recommend giving ACS a chance. We need liscened journeyman Hvac technicians ASAP. Come In and talk to Rodney. You won't be disappointed in this company.
good
Service tech (Former Employee) –  Fresno County, CANovember 16, 2017
good days at work. there was always eight hours to the day and we loved going to work and getting our hours. it is a good place to get your hours and go after that.
acs
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 3, 2017
Company is run by a controlling jerk! got fired because I said something about the unfair treatment of some do not recommend this job unless you are ok with unfair treatment and a hostile work enviroment
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Moore, OKJanuary 5, 2017
This is an extremely busy place, with a lot of moving parts, but a great place to work with some really wonderful and talented people! Even though I was only there for about six months, I learned a lot and enjoyed my time there very much!
Allows you to learn, Slow advancement
Residential Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 9, 2015
Service managers are helpful at times and I learned a lot of knowledge there. They provide paid training but have two times out of the year where they do not have much work. They provide tool account but do not pay for tools you use on the job or specialty tools. I got my personal tools stolen out of the company van and they do not insure the van for theft, so it was out of my pocket to replace them.They broke my contract two times as in they promised something in writing and did not keep to their word. I was expecting a 2$ an hour raise and only received a 1$ an hour. Then they guaranteed me 30+hours a week throughout the year and broke that promise about 8-9 times. They do not pay holiday time! One of the things I disliked most. They expect you to work long hours. You start as a maintenance tech and move your way up unless you know the owner or you're a good salesman. Its a big company so you can expect politics to be involved.
Pros
Compensated well, benefits
Cons
long hours in summertime, no holiday pay, strict uniform code, provide own tools
excellent company all around!!!
Delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Moore, OKMay 5, 2015
They treat you fair and have company bbqs often. they pay on time too. They always ask what they can do for you to improve upon their success with them.
Pros
good pay, good experience if you want to learn
Cons
lots of hours in summer you will work late
Work Day
Lead Installer/Fill in Manager/Safety Coordinator (Current Employee) –  moore OklahomaSeptember 22, 2014
Get to work and get my truck ready to head out to a job.
Me and co-workers are all there for the same thing to work because we all have family's at home.
Great company
Sales (Former Employee) –  Moore, OKAugust 28, 2012
The company is competitive based and it is hard to advance. The people that work there are very friendly.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Air Comfort Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9