Air Liquide Employee Reviews

Best Company I’ve worked for...
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  New YorkMay 11, 2018
I have worked in numerous jobs due to relocation and this company exceeds all of those. Great place to work, competitive salary and benefits. Great paid time off.
Pros
Benefits, Salary, Team Building, Training Opportunies
Cons
Some areas lacked training and you were left with learning as you go.
Management isolates themselves from personnel
TGCM-Tech Level (Current Employee) –  Malta, NYMay 2, 2018
Management's mentality is if you make a mistake then what other mistakes have you made. Managers do not believe a missed signature is just a 'missed signature'. They believe that this minor infraction is a precursor of a much greater delinquency of a technician's duties. With that one mistake, supervisors and upper management take that example and yell at everyone. I mean red-in-the-face yelling and shaming the technicians for over-looking and then chastising the crew to be more vigilant and pay attention. This happens at least once a week. I work with men and women who do not deserve to be treated with such disdain.

On a side note: We used to have an HR rep but to save the company money that position was moved to Dallas, TX (Two time zones away!)
Pros
Decent Benefits
not very good
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chanhassen, MNApril 27, 2018
It was back to high school. You had your groups that could do whatever they wanted and no one ever said anything to them. If you were in the group you were golden. When it came time to lay people off all of the GM's buddies stayed and the rest of us got let go. Did not matter that the ones that stayed were the ones who were on their phones all day and had nothing to do. Guess that will change now.
Company has changed for the worse after the Airgas acquisition
Salesforce.com Manager / Sr Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 17, 2018
Was once a very good company with good job security -- but this is no longer the case.

Salaries have been cut, vacation cut, benefits cut.

Company cars eliminated.

Employee pays interest on Expense Credit Cards if they are 4 days late.

Pension eliminated. 401k reduced.

Leadership is now about who you know not what you can or have done.

Folks over 50 years cut.
Pros
Large international company
Cons
See above
Poor Moral
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Newport, DEApril 17, 2018
Employees who act as the managers' "eyes and ears" are untouchable and rewarded. Hard work and near excellent attendance are not rewarded or even acknowledged accordingly.
Air Liquide is a good company that takes care of it employees
Maintenance Tech (Current Employee) –  La Porte, TXApril 17, 2018
Air Liquide is a good place to work due to company values of safety and reliability. A typical day work can sometimes be unpredictable and other times pretty smooth. The most enjoyable part of the job was being included in the problem solving process.
Pros
Good culture, good benefits
Cons
Unpredictable work schedule
Very good company to work for.
Sr Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 13, 2018
Air Liquide offers a great work/life balance with many departments working closely together. There were many inter department events that encouraged diversity and built team work.
Depends on where you are
HyCO Production Engineer (Current Employee) –  Freeport, TXApril 4, 2018
Depending on what role you are in you may or may not like the company. I was at a very old plant that required me to always be on the clock. I was there a lot and my pay did not reflect the hours I put in.
Operation
Operations Control Center Staff Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 3, 2018
Responded to the set condition for energy, and oil and gas production and optimization.
Setup computer for the instructing the volume for daily supply and transportation to various area,
Monitored the performance of integrated plant and troubleshoot for optimization of the pressure, temperature, and flow volume using SCADA,
Slow and stable, but rather boring and uninspired
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 28, 2018
Air Liquide is a great place for those looking to have a relatively easy going career. If you're looking to advance, you can do so here, but know that your skills and experience will lag your peers at other companies. Why? You'll be a product of your environment, and Air Liquide is not a forward thinking or acting company. Many legacy and just plain outdated ways of working drive the skillsets of each employee.

From a corporate perspective, Air Liquide is usually behind the curve 2-3 generations in their technology and approach, which helps older employees manager but really hurts those looking to work on new and exciting projects. This also makes daily work activities very frustrating, since a lot of ones time becomes wasted with archaic processes and tools. There's been a few moves to remedy this, such as 'Going Google' but these are cost cutting measures more than anything (i.e. push employees to the Google Suite of Apps to save on Microsoft / Office licensing).

Further, office politics are huge here. You'll see the same people playing musical chairs when upper management positions are filled, seemingly without rhyme or reason, while excellent / skilled employees get passed up or hit glass ceilings.

On the plus side, you'll work with some good people and you can make genuine friendships with your coworkers. The work-life balance is generally very good, and the company is big on making sure your voice is heard.

In the end, the positives did not outweigh the downsides and I decided to move on. I don't intend to return, but I will keep in touch with those I
  more... met and worked with.  less
Pros
Relaxed culture, varied opportunities, can build lasting relationships with your peers
Cons
Slow growth, lags in adopting new methods or technologies, extremely beaurcratic
it was ok
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLMarch 22, 2018
It paid the bills. That was about it. It was a call center. Mostly women, which don't care about. But you're talking on the phone all day about helium.
good place to work
Driver/warehouse mgmt (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAMarch 20, 2018
I enjoyed working there and with my direct boss. We worked together as a team. I would still be there if I had the opportunity to advance in some way.
Not organized, lot of back stabbing.
Senior Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAMarch 17, 2018
Slightly un-organized with no good direction. Training very poor.
Atmosphere not conductive to an enjoyable experience. Back stabbing was high. Did not enjoy my experience with this company.
Pros
Pay very good.
Cons
lack of direction and Training.
My boss was kind
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Germantown, PAFebruary 23, 2018
The company was great, the pay was awesome, the instructors didn't give any kind of clue of how any of the systems operated but still expected me to repair the system
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Bad management
Quit for better job
Tanker Driver (Former Employee) –  Kent, WAFebruary 16, 2018
Quit for better job in the same industry. I did learn quite a bit and that has served me well for years. good experience in the refrigerated gas industry.
Nice non stressful work environment
Chemical production tech (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAFebruary 12, 2018
Air liquide is a nice, easy going company that welcomes veterans with open arms. They provided excellent training and make safety a number one priority. My fellow employees were easy to work with and extremely helpful.
Pros
Good work schedule with plenty of opportunity for overtime.
Cons
Lunch and break rules.
Lab tech
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, PAFebruary 11, 2018
It has a very unfriendly environment and unwelcoming to anyone that is different. The pay is great but I left this company because of the poor work environment and culture that is engrained into this plant.
Pros
Free food
Great people to work with
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 6, 2018
Everyone at Air Liquide has a great personality the work can get tough but we work as a team. The coworkers are very helpful and friendly. The team meeting are always fun to be apart of as well as the team functions.
Great workplace experience!
Customer Service Lead (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAFebruary 6, 2018
Company allowed me to be self sufficient and motivated me to do my best at all times, over the years I have grown a lot and learned most of my skills on the job, a typical day at the office would be well spent with me accomplishing many of my goals! The most enjoyable part of the job was when I was able to help someone else!
Pros
Goalshare!
Cons
Never enough hours in day!
Excellent Company
Technician (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 5, 2018
Large company, stable, highly recommended. Very service orientated, onsite customer support. Support of semiconductor customer facilities. Compensation and stability can't be beat.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Air Liquide. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.5

2.5Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight