Air Liquide Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
brutal politics
Account Manager/Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles County, CAJuly 16, 2018
brutal politics and company culture no training but if you are a true self starter and have grit and fit their "mold" and play the game you will go far regardless of performance or a lack of talent.
Benefits
Cons
People aren't promoted or compensated based on performance as policy dictates
Good people I work with
Driver (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 28, 2018
Work has been great and steady . My co worker are good people and are attentive to the job. My boss is very understanding and really does a good job of keeping everything moving forward
Pros
Pay and Benifits
Cons
New work location
great place for advancement
Coating Operator/QualityControl/ SolutionPrepTech (Current Employee) –  Woburn, MAJune 20, 2018
great company, they take time to find your goals and they always recognize you for your great work within the company. highly recommend anyone getting out of school to apply
not a bad place to work
PRODUCTION TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Port Neches, TXMay 31, 2018
not a bad place to work, just short staffed. a lot hours. not very much time for family. all and all is nice and clean facility. I would recommend for a new operator to learn.
Positive workplace but no opportunities
Senior Research Scientist (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEMay 25, 2018
Generally positive experiences however very limited opportunities outside of R&D. Management promotes pursuing new directions to the new employees but does nearly nothing to support employees who want to expand their career paths.
Pros
Nice work place and generally good interactions with coworkers
Cons
Too much employee turnover and apparent apathy by management
Ok to work
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 21, 2018
I think i was set for failure because of management. Overall i think with a different approach from management you can really enjoy the work. Their are a great deal of people working there
Best Company I’ve worked for...
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  New YorkMay 11, 2018
I have worked in numerous jobs due to relocation and this company exceeds all of those. Great place to work, competitive salary and benefits. Great paid time off.
Pros
Benefits, Salary, Team Building, Training Opportunies
Cons
Some areas lacked training and you were left with learning as you go.
Bought Airgas
Logistics Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 9, 2018
The company workplace culture is not the same. Once Air Liquide purchased Airgas, the environment became high stressed. Air Liquide put a few of it's companies under Airgas, and the Airgas way of doing business is completely different.
Pros
N/a
Benefits
Management isolates themselves from personnel
TGCM-Tech Level (Current Employee) –  Malta, NYMay 2, 2018
Management's mentality is if you make a mistake then what other mistakes have you made. Managers do not believe a missed signature is just a 'missed signature'. They believe that this minor infraction is a precursor of a much greater delinquency of a technician's duties. With that one mistake, supervisors and upper management take that example and yell at everyone. I mean red-in-the-face yelling and shaming the technicians for over-looking and then chastising the crew to be more vigilant and pay attention. This happens at least once a week. I work with men and women who do not deserve to be treated with such disdain.

On a side note: We used to have an HR rep but to save the company money that position was moved to Dallas, TX (Two time zones away!)
Pros
Decent Benefits
not very good
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chanhassen, MNApril 27, 2018
It was back to high school. You had your groups that could do whatever they wanted and no one ever said anything to them. If you were in the group you were golden. When it came time to lay people off all of the GM's buddies stayed and the rest of us got let go. Did not matter that the ones that stayed were the ones who were on their phones all day and had nothing to do. Guess that will change now.

Want to know more about Air Liquide?

Ask a question
Company has changed for the worse after the Airgas acquisition
Salesforce.com Manager / Sr Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 17, 2018
Was once a very good company with good job security -- but this is no longer the case.

Salaries have been cut, vacation cut, benefits cut.

Company cars eliminated.

Employee pays interest on Expense Credit Cards if they are 4 days late.

Pension eliminated. 401k reduced.

Leadership is now about who you know not what you can or have done.

Folks over 50 years cut.
Pros
Large international company
Cons
See above
Poor Moral
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Newport, DEApril 17, 2018
Employees who act as the managers' "eyes and ears" are untouchable and rewarded. Hard work and near excellent attendance are not rewarded or even acknowledged accordingly.
Air Liquide is a good company that takes care of it employees
Maintenance Tech (Current Employee) –  La Porte, TXApril 17, 2018
Air Liquide is a good place to work due to company values of safety and reliability. A typical day work can sometimes be unpredictable and other times pretty smooth. The most enjoyable part of the job was being included in the problem solving process.
Pros
Good culture, good benefits
Cons
Unpredictable work schedule
Very good company to work for.
Sr Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 13, 2018
Air Liquide offers a great work/life balance with many departments working closely together. There were many inter department events that encouraged diversity and built team work.
Depends on where you are
HyCO Production Engineer (Current Employee) –  Freeport, TXApril 4, 2018
Depending on what role you are in you may or may not like the company. I was at a very old plant that required me to always be on the clock. I was there a lot and my pay did not reflect the hours I put in.
Operation
Operations Control Center Staff Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 3, 2018
Responded to the set condition for energy, and oil and gas production and optimization.
Setup computer for the instructing the volume for daily supply and transportation to various area,
Monitored the performance of integrated plant and troubleshoot for optimization of the pressure, temperature, and flow volume using SCADA,
Slow and stable, but rather boring and uninspired
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 28, 2018
Air Liquide is a great place for those looking to have a relatively easy going career. If you're looking to advance, you can do so here, but know that your skills and experience will lag your peers at other companies. Why? You'll be a product of your environment, and Air Liquide is not a forward thinking or acting company. Many legacy and just plain outdated ways of working drive the skillsets of each employee.

From a corporate perspective, Air Liquide is usually behind the curve 2-3 generations in their technology and approach, which helps older employees manager but really hurts those looking to work on new and exciting projects. This also makes daily work activities very frustrating, since a lot of ones time becomes wasted with archaic processes and tools. There's been a few moves to remedy this, such as 'Going Google' but these are cost cutting measures more than anything (i.e. push employees to the Google Suite of Apps to save on Microsoft / Office licensing).

Further, office politics are huge here. You'll see the same people playing musical chairs when upper management positions are filled, seemingly without rhyme or reason, while excellent / skilled employees get passed up or hit glass ceilings.

On the plus side, you'll work with some good people and you can make genuine friendships with your coworkers. The work-life balance is generally very good, and the company is big on making sure your voice is heard.

In the end, the positives did not outweigh the downsides and I decided to move on. I don't intend to return, but I will keep in touch with those I
  more... met and worked with.  less
Pros
Relaxed culture, varied opportunities, can build lasting relationships with your peers
Cons
Slow growth, lags in adopting new methods or technologies, extremely beaurcratic
it was ok
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLMarch 22, 2018
It paid the bills. That was about it. It was a call center. Mostly women, which don't care about. But you're talking on the phone all day about helium.
good place to work
Driver/warehouse mgmt (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAMarch 20, 2018
I enjoyed working there and with my direct boss. We worked together as a team. I would still be there if I had the opportunity to advance in some way.
Not organized, lot of back stabbing.
Senior Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAMarch 17, 2018
Slightly un-organized with no good direction. Training very poor.
Atmosphere not conductive to an enjoyable experience. Back stabbing was high. Did not enjoy my experience with this company.
Pros
Pay very good.
Cons
lack of direction and Training.