Air Liquide Employee Reviews

Found 396 reviews matching the search See all 1,205 reviews
ACCOUNTING ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Branchburg, NJJanuary 4, 2019
I worked from 8 to 4;30.
I learnt a lot of company culture, how to get along with different people and to speak my mind.
Workplace is intense but friendly.
Stressful Metric-centric environment
Total Access Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Levittown, PAJanuary 3, 2019
I spent 6 months with Airgas. The training was exceptional in getting familiar with the products and applications. However, the leads provided to the trainees were outdated and overused.

Metrics have to be strictly adhered to. If you miss your goal in the first month, you are expected to add on that number of accounts to the increased expected accounts the following month. Any sales representative that misses any of the monthly metric guidelines will fall short in trying to catch up with the monthly expectations of the company if they regularly missing the mark from one month to the next. This includes the number of accounts opened as new clients and the number of daily calls expected.

Management is supportive and tries to offer additional training and sales tips while onboarding. However, even a successful sales representative with a solid background in sales may find this environment to be difficult and not conducive to personal achievement.
Pros
1 hour lunch, company parties, recognition of employees that are promoted
Cons
time away from phones, ie: breaks or company meetings, will affect your metric achievement the longer you are with the company
An ever changing work environment; huge employee turnover
Driver/Operator/Technician (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TexasDecember 22, 2018
An ever changing work environment; huge employee turnover basically illustrates my point. In the three years I worked there all my original managers had been fired, engineers fired and people who had put as many as 30 years lost their jobs. While the people of power were just the worst possible examples of humanity. A temporary IT contract worker who was not affiliated with my department told me once that "Air Liquide is a fish that is rotten from the head down", unfortunately, I agree, the corporate culture is bazaar. An ex-employee
Pros
Chance to learn
Cons
every other thing
It wasn't horrible
Quality Assurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Plumsteadvlle, PADecember 18, 2018
The communication from Upper management is few to none.
You have to find the right people to help you at this company and the rest are very to themselves. It is not a horrible place to work but if you can do better. Go do it.
Paid Salary
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXDecember 13, 2018
Very poor management who do not know what is going on. Most of the time people steel the accomplishments of others by lying to senior managers. Senior managers run the company and do so without knowing what is going on.
Pros
Furnished company car
Cons
Unreasonable sales goals, do not know who is responsible for the actual sales.
Long Days but Rewarding
Chemical Production Technician (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CADecember 6, 2018
Typical work day will be a 12 hour day from 10am to 10pm, or if you're night shift 10pm to 10am. The schedule works quite well, for the traffic in the Bay area is horrendous.

The people are a good mix of military veterans and chemists. That gives you an excellent opportunity to learn.

The hardest part of the job is maintaining flexible when it comes to your workday priorities.

The most enjoyable is the rapid learning environment, surrounded with motivated and intelligent coworkers.
Pros
Schedule
Cons
Rapidly diversifying workload
Nice Environment
Manufacturing Operator (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEDecember 5, 2018
Well comfortable environment, you don’t have supervisors/managers breathing down your back. Everyone gets along with everyone. All you have to do is come in and do your work
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Health care
Laid back
ALtep Intern (Current Employee) –  TexasDecember 3, 2018
I really have enjoyed working here. It is everything you could ask for from an employer, but I am in a training program and I was supposed to be place after I did my year. Now that it is time to place me i keep getting the run around.
Not friendly for parents
Construction Engineer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 25, 2018
I loved working there until I had my first child. My boss wanted me to work from 7am until 7pm or 9pm daily. The day care wasn't even open that long so I had to leave.
Pros
TI contractor
Cons
not family friendly
At the forefront of technology, chemistry and energy.
Quality Control Analyst (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 22, 2018
Making it a point to have a hand in the quality customers expect from products. Safety a number one focus in fellow employees and contractors. Moving forward in the next big thing, taking aim at what is needed, expected and sought after in electronics and other large industries.
Pros
constant change and improvement with onboarding and training
Cons
expecting specifics in prospective candidates for employment
Productive and team oriented place to work.
Senior Patent Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX 77024October 17, 2018
Absolutely the best place I've worked in my 30 year career. I did patent prosecution for an international company based in France. Great nurturing atmosphere. Education reimbursement. Great benefits and salary.
Pros
Flex time
Cons
Commute
Cheap Cheap Cheap!
Bulk Class A Cryogenic Tanker Driver (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 14, 2018
Don't work here, look for employment with Air Products or Prax. Since the Air Liquide/Airgas merger, all AL amployees are now Airgas employees. AL employees lost 7% match on our 401k's. We also lost any contribution to healthcare that we had at AL. Hours got longer for the same or less pay. This place will work you for years on nights and weekends with no consideration for your well-being. A slow day here is 10 hours , an average day is 12 and a long day is 14 or more. Don't do it!
Pros
Good wages but you'll be working 60-70 hour weeks
Cons
Cheap company
Central Billing
Accounting Specialist (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAOctober 10, 2018
Responsibilities of daily billing related to drop ship orders from third party through SAP and Vendor
Invoice Management systems. Provide support to the Regional with order to effectively maximize sales
grown and profit. Include daily processing of vendors invoices.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Distance
Worked at 2 hydrogen plants
Production Techncian (Former Employee) –  Freeport, TX and Laporte, TXOctober 7, 2018
I’ve worked at the Freeport HyCo and Laporte SMR for a total of 10 years 2 separate times. The experience gained is great for other more challenging and better paying plants. Air Liquide is proud of their “middle of the road” pay and benefits. If you’re looking for great pay and benefits in the “industrial gases” field, look to Air Products or Praxair. DCS controls are usually Wonderware or Yokagawa in their Hydrogen plants. Almost always 1 board guy and 1 outside guy. Expect little engineering help and lax safety representation. I recommend them for a new operator needing to cut your teeth. Just don’t leave a good plant to go there, you’ll gripe and complain all day and night.
Pros
Not too much management interference but great experience
Cons
Low end pay and benefits
No room for hard workers..... without College
Fleet Manager/ Driver Trainer (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 5, 2018
No room to advance unless you have a Bachelors Degree ! You have many employees that do not have degrees in hiring positions but, you cannot interview unless you have a Bachelor's Degree.
Pros
Stable work
Cons
No room to advance
horrible
Lead Dry Ice Maker (Former Employee) –  Martinez, CASeptember 27, 2018
never like working there. there culture was really bad and no communication at all. work p;ace was not save at all. and the supervisor didn't care about your safety
Research Scientist (Former Employee) –  Newark, DESeptember 19, 2018
It's a company with good life-work balance, but less competitive in skill developing. The company's policy depends on the director so there is always politics around.
OK place to be there for a while
Quality Manager (Current Employee) –  Morrisville, PASeptember 16, 2018
Fragmented Organizations
Lack of collaboration
Not me philosopy
lack of automation
No management desire to improve this production site and so bare minimum investment to keep this place going
Aging population
Makes some profit
Pros
job security
Cons
no job satisfaction if you are result oriented
Unfair treatment of Administrative personnel
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 16, 2018
No room for advancement. Raises are given to the same upper level employees per dept. Department heads feel like they are in a different class and are unapproachable. No training and procedures are constantly changing. A “Men’s World” work environment. You are not acknowledged for hard work.
Pros
Nice office
Cons
No advancement or raises
bad company
Lead Technician - Equipment Installation (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaAugust 26, 2018
management stinks they have no idea what you do they are there just to screw you over and to advance themselves. if you are not the favorite you get nothing and they are very hypocritical.
Pros
Cons
everything bad you can think of

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Air Liquide. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight