Air Methods Corporation Employee Reviews

Very busy
Repair Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COMay 14, 2018
I would receive parts from aircraft from outlying bases around the country and would research the hours remaining on the part and provide a source to get them repaired . I also provided tooling too get the aircraft repaired
Pros
Very busy
Cons
Not enough toling
Lots of empty promises and outright lies by management
Base Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Driggs, IDMay 12, 2018
Airmethods is a cut throat, disorganized company. The management is terrible. People got fired daily so that poor managers can cover there own butts. No one cares about anyone. It was nothing but politics daily. It was all about production and not safety. Unless you have absolutely no other options, I'd highly suggest you avoid this company at all costs. I wouldn't recommend Airmethods even if you had no other choice.
Pros
Health care benefits
Cons
Overworked because of poor management
ugh
Patient Transfer Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 3, 2018
Sucked, if you aren't fast enough at the job then you get fired. You will be on your own after people say they are there to help you. management gets mad when you ask for help
Pros
nada
Cons
rumor mill
Flight RN
Albany- Flight RN, CFRN (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXMay 3, 2018
Loved the medicine involved with flight nursing. It was educational and the adrenal involved was always exciting. I liked never knowing what type of shift we were going to have!
Summary
Patient Financial Counselor (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAApril 30, 2018
Love what they do they are a needed company. I would love to know that this company helps people or their families when they needed it the most. Help save lives
Very regulated
Air Ambulance Pilot (Former Employee) –  Lexington, NCApril 27, 2018
Long periods of waiting with intermittent bursts of excitement.
Twelve hour shifts were long but having a week off in between shifts was nice.
A lot of computer based training.
Pros
time off
Cons
Computer training
Run away
Clinical Base Supervisor/Flight Paramedic (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaApril 10, 2018
Company way to large. Money is the bottom line for this company. short change the employees that's why they are losing in a class action lawsuit for not abiding by California Labor Laws.
Pros
flying in a helicopter
Cons
management
Worst place I have ever worked
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNApril 9, 2018
Employee unfriendly management, unrealistic time frames, poor organization from the company overall and the upper / middle management. Awful company culture.
Cut Throat Environment - PBS Dept.
Billing & Collections Specialist I (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAApril 7, 2018
Not a team playing company. Everyone for themselves and back stabbing is done at this place of work. It's more of a popularity game with being in the right clique with the right people / management and there is an over kill in the gossip environment. The job was good but there is a lack of fully training a person for the position they are hired for and there is also so much crossing training that it takes away from you doing the job/ job duties you were hired to do. The management is like high school kids...always wanting to be seen and treating the worker's below them like nobodies. No Respect and No Leadership...especially in the PBS Dept. and they change manager's, supervisors so much that the dept. is so unstable and there is no such thing as called "teamwork", it's every person for themselves until the use you up and then get rid of you and there is no advancement unless you can 'brown-nose' every person in management and the so called Leads in the dept. that don't know what they are doing either.
Pros
Good Health, Dental, Vision Benefits
Cons
Ruthless people, Too much about kissing up to management, Gossip Town
My dream job
Communications Specialist (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 6, 2018
I will say as stressful as this job was, I felt very happy there and in my element. I almost wish I was back there, and if they had a location here in South Carolina or a job opening here I would jump on it.
Company has a great mission but no leadership
Recruiting Manager (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COMarch 25, 2018
The company has a good mission that you can feel good about supporting. But it is a good old boys club. If you know the right people you will stick around for a while.
High stress High demand job
Flight Paramedic (Former Employee) –  Kentucky and South CarolinaMarch 19, 2018
I loved working for Air Methods or I would not have worked for 13 years. It was a very challenging job that was high stress and I have over 30 years in EMS. It was just time for me to try something else.
Fun and Exciting
Regional Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaMarch 5, 2018
I worked as an Regional Administrative Assistant for an Eastern Region and can say I absolutely loved my job! I worked with a team of highly preficient professionals and we worked very hard together to make everyday a good day. With any job there are changes, I would say in my time at Air Methods there were more than a lot. I enjoyed the changing environment even though it required a high level of mental positivity and absolute attention to detail. In an ever changing environment what I felt was most important was the team I worked with. Whatever change came, we worked through it. Unfortunately, with man y changes and the purchase of additional companies, the need to "do more with less" outweighed my ability to continue employment. I could no longer maintain a work life balance and found myself working almost around the clock to keep up. I will say it was one of the most rewarding but challenging jobs Ive ever had and if the work life balance came back I would love to work at Air Methods again. I sure miss the amazing people!
Pros
Great people, Good Pay, Flexibility, fast paced, exciting
Cons
little work/life balance, constantly changing environment
Great Place To Work
Flight Paramedic (Current Employee) –  NMFebruary 28, 2018
Like most places, there may be pockets where there are ineffective leaders or less than ideal surroundings, but overall I find that to be very atypical at Air Metods. The leadership seems to care and caring for patients in an aircraft with increased autonomy is the beat job in the world!
Direction Shifted
Manager (Former Employee) –  Greenwood Village, CO 80111February 26, 2018
AMC has undergone several reorganizations in my time with them and with the latest movement in the past year I do feel they made better strides but there is much opportunity for improvement to make their employees feel valued. If employees don't feel they're appreciated and easily replaced, they won't feel at "home" in their career.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Pay, Management
Small town feel for large company
Accounts Payable Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COFebruary 24, 2018
Air Methods was a great place to work. Employees are friendly and helpful. Appreciated and valued by management. The CFO brought donuts in every Friday to say thank you for all the hard work everyone did during the week.
Pros
Valued by management and fellow employees. Advancement opportunities available
Cons
Software issues were common with two softwares in use.
Horrible place to work
Patient Financial Counselor (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAFebruary 22, 2018
I worked there for a year temp, they switch managers like you change clothes. They are liars and don’t want to give you time off but they want to apply the rule for there employees for you, also I was discharged due to stating I never called the sick and late hotline come to find out they lied they are the worse! Not worth the time or money
Pros
Worked from home
Ems
Line Pilot (Current Employee) –  New MexicoFebruary 22, 2018
Good job I like the schedule, typical EMS gig, days of nothing followed by days of high activity. Company is a big company so there is a good deal of management change as well as procedural changes to be in compliance.
Pros
schedule, workplace freedom
Cons
high responsibility
Air Methods is a Noble and Powerful Part of Medical Care
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COFebruary 14, 2018
Air Methods provides an essential and powerful service for clients in the emergency medical field. The base teams and support staff are some of the best people I've ever worked with.
Pros
Important Job, Well Run, Well Paid
Cons
High Demand w/Low Staffing
Summary
Clinical Base Lead / Sr. Flight Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Niceville, FLFebruary 12, 2018
This is a great place to work and gives the RN/Paramedic a wonderful chance to enhance their skills and take their career to the next level. I recommend this company for those considering a career in the air medical transportation industry.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Air Methods Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

Powered by Fairygodboss

3.0Fairygodboss Score

33%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

33%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.