Air Methods Corporation
49Low

Air Methods Corporation Employee Reviews

United States253 reviews
Management does not care about you or your life. They will work you to death if allowed. They do not promote the most capable, or knowledgeable. They promote the person who is willing to throw others under the bus, and are willing to suck up to management. Employees who suggest ways to make things better are disregarded and often times "blacklisted" as trouble makers. Shift leads are poorly trained and have little to no desire to assist their shift employees. All levels of management appear to be only in it for themselves. Training is abysmal. People who are struggling are considered to be weak links, and rather than assisting them in being better, they are given poor reviews to prevent raises or promotion... if there is even a raise available. This a multi-million dollar company that can't seem to offer a decent COLA raise to their employees. Continuing education is lacking. Any changes that are made with policy are accompanied by poor training and threats. The only thing that makes the company tolerable are the flight crews you work with and your co-workers. This company takes and takes, but never even offers up a simple thank you in return. The dispatch center has been a mess for years, and they make no attempt to make the environment better or inviting to employees. You better just punch your card and do what they say, or else. If they do not like you, shift supervisors will listen to hours of good flight calls to find one tiny mistake they can write you up on so you have a smear on your record. They cannot keep employees, those who stay, are forced to do several days - more...
Pros
Coworkers, benefits
Cons
Poor management, stressful, no support from management, difficult to get time off, people get promoted for being willing to throw others under the bus
Very weak, unprofessional management.
The good news: recently (summer 2020) the engineering management has been completely replaced. Hopefully, this new blood will make a positive difference.

Good luck AMC!
Pros
Work at the edge of the airfiled
Cons
Poor management
Concerned with pushing flights and billing as much as possible. No concern for employee well being (emotional or physical) and certainly patient care is never factored into the decisions made by management who doesn’t know a tampon from Tylenol. Worse place I’ve ever been employed. Management lies and withholds information from Med crew more often than not in an effort to rule by fear.,
Pros
Competent and caring Med crew (most)
Cons
Horrible management, lack of concern for patients, pay is below industry standards, the list goes on
Pressure to fly, hit the budgets, worry about numbers. I'm just a pilot.

It used to be a good job. It started as the best job I ever had. Then the economy started to slide during COVID and now we are getting pressure to constantly fly even in bad weather.
Air Methods is an excellent company to work for. They combine medical experts, Aviation professionals and safety to service the community in which they operate. A true leader in air medical service!
Pros
Job satisfaction
Cons
A three AM call with marginal weather, but that part of the game.
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
This is a unhappy place to work for I recommend anyone that is looking to keep on looking this company has its picks. And believe me when I say this you will be unhappy
Pros
Non
Cons
Alot
It was the most laid back aviation company I ever worked for. I enjoyed my time at Air Methods and highly recommend it. My crews and fellow pilots became my second family. Still keep in touch with most of them.
Pros
Healthy organization, professional management supportive of their crews
Cons
Pay below average
You’ll fit in great as long as you’re mediocre at your job and use the words “yes ma’am/sir” nonstop. They don’t care about you or your life. Culture is disastrous. Back stabbing and bull is the best you’ll find working for this awful company. I hope they close for good.
Good place to work. Fun co-workers, and interesting work environment. Not a lot of upward mobility, or opportunity for growth. A lot of employee's working on a single skill.
This company is misleading. They hire you but don’t tell you that you’re going to be working two different locations. Orientation/training is minimal. Their response is “you’ll never be ready.” They train you at different locations other than where you’re assigned to work so you never have the opportunity to meet your team before coming off of orientation. It’s very disconnected. No sense of belonging or support. If they’re quick to hire you - there’s a reason!!
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Air Methods Corporation?
The company only wants you there to work, they could careless if you want to be a team member. Come to work do your job and go home. Did have great benifits
Terrible company , they are only concerned with political and their shares holders No where are they concerned with their pilots or safety
They preach safety when you get there but when you ask questions about improvements they could do to make safety better they black ball you and ignored you
Pros
Decent equipment
Cons
Too many to list. Stay away from them
Challenging but rewarding work; great people, team atmosphere. Management maintains an open door policy, and the mission of helping to provide the best equipment to help save lives is very motivating.
Great place if you like the city life.
very clean organized work environment.

easy to take right off having all the appropriate info and support.

good management and cool work!
While no place is perfect, AMC is a very good place to work
Meaningful work. Flexible hours and schedule. Good pay.

As far as aircraft maintenance, good airframes to maintain, work every system on the aircraft.
I worked here long enough to realize they did not have adequate training. You start in a classroom setting and then are not allowed to dispatch on your own for months, which makes good sense in the industry. However, after months of working there, I realized they had literally no one lined up to finish my training. This didn't provide me the opportunity to get signed off and work independently. They were so short staffed, the head manager was working 80-90 hour weeks and doing the job of many. No one else cared enough to acknowledge or fix the problem. Save your energy and work for a company who values their employees. It should also be noted that one of the employees on my team caused multiple hysterical fits while on the floor and even when called out, was never held accountable. You cannot afford to be this risky when working in emergency medical dispatch.
Not enough time or money invested in their employees. If they spent more money investing in their employees and the equipment they used, they would be able to provide better patient care
Pros
Flying
Cons
Everything else.
Over all a good company to work for. Less company paper work would be great. Way to may daily emails. To much micro management from the field managers.
Management is very reliable. The office culture is good and they are working on making it great. Lot's of opportunity to prove yourself and really show what you're capable of.
This company is constantly changing and not for the better. In the 2 years I was there, we had more than one CEO, multiple Managers, and the turn over rate was extremely high. They did not care about employees and would add extra hours after you would arrive to work, give you a schedule and then change it the next week, took away breaks if work was needed to be completed which was always. No support nor a positive environment especially when you are doing such important LIFE CHANGING work.
Favoritism is prevalent and HR goes along with it. Managers do not help even when they are asked. Supervisors and leads look for reasons to write you up to look like they are doing their job. They smile in your faces while dismissing your requests, reasons, and logic behind your actions if they do not agree.
Those who spend time to talk about themselves and their personal life are rewarded.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Air Methods Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.
2.6
2.4
2.7
Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.