Air Methods Corporation Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Phone company to work for and you will be more knowledgeable about medical benefits.
Assisting Patients (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJune 26, 2018
Helping customers who may be in a bind and cannot pay the medical expenses required for emergency services provided by Air Methods, either by ground or by air.
Productive work place
Service Desk Analyst I (Current Employee) –  Centennial, CO 80111June 20, 2018
Air Methods is very serious about their patients and require the best from their workers the challenge is real and very rewarding. Their are not many companies that care like they do.
Pros
Work from home if needed.
Cons
Management needs serious help with the decision making.
Great Company to work for
Clinical Appeals Specialist/Flight Nurse (Current Employee) –  Home basedJune 14, 2018
AMC is excellent company to work for. Safety culture and mission, vision and values are of extreme importance and the driving force of the company.
Highly recommend!
Company games were fun and Store incentive money was awesome
Media Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJune 4, 2018
Depending on your manager It felt like you had to walk on eggshells to appease their moods, I learned to just go in and do my job, constant mngr changes
Pros
free lunches, incentive store fake money
Cons
not very flexible, excessive hs drama, gossip, need to fit in, opportunities for Quick advancement are weak, constant employee desk movement on floor feeling like company is unsteady
Great education and training
Flight Nurse (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaMay 30, 2018
Great company to work for if you want to continue your education. Corporate structure leaves a lot to be desired. Upper management really does not value or listen to low-level line employees.
Pros
Good equipment and training
Cons
Terrible management structure
Freedom with a leash
A&P Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Pahrump, NVMay 30, 2018
I enjoyed working here. Not your average 9 to 5 drag. Started at 7 most days and left when the job was done, however you are on call every other week and sometimes more, but the freedom is very nice.
Pros
Freedom
Cons
No hanger
Time not wasted
Flight Paramedic (Former Employee) –  Montague, CAMay 17, 2018
Good job, good employees for the most part. Management fails to communicate, fails to effectively mitigate problems. Base closures all the time so you never feel safe buying a house or making big life decisions. Nothing in life is guaranteed, but unfortunately they won't tell you if your job is shutting down when they see it coming months in advance. If management and job security improved, it would be a good career.
Pros
Decent pay, education.
Cons
Lack of communication, poor business management.
Very busy
Repair Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COMay 14, 2018
I would receive parts from aircraft from outlying bases around the country and would research the hours remaining on the part and provide a source to get them repaired . I also provided tooling too get the aircraft repaired
Pros
Very busy
Cons
Not enough toling
Lots of empty promises and outright lies by management
Base Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Driggs, IDMay 12, 2018
Airmethods is a cut throat, disorganized company. The management is terrible. People got fired daily so that poor managers can cover there own butts. No one cares about anyone. It was nothing but politics daily. It was all about production and not safety. Unless you have absolutely no other options, I'd highly suggest you avoid this company at all costs. I wouldn't recommend Airmethods even if you had no other choice.
Pros
Health care benefits
Cons
Overworked because of poor management
ugh
Patient Transfer Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 3, 2018
Sucked, if you aren't fast enough at the job then you get fired. You will be on your own after people say they are there to help you. management gets mad when you ask for help
Pros
nada
Cons
rumor mill
Flight RN
Albany- Flight RN, CFRN (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXMay 3, 2018
Loved the medicine involved with flight nursing. It was educational and the adrenal involved was always exciting. I liked never knowing what type of shift we were going to have!
Summary
Patient Financial Counselor (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAApril 30, 2018
Love what they do they are a needed company. I would love to know that this company helps people or their families when they needed it the most. Help save lives
Very regulated
Air Ambulance Pilot (Former Employee) –  Lexington, NCApril 27, 2018
Long periods of waiting with intermittent bursts of excitement.
Twelve hour shifts were long but having a week off in between shifts was nice.
A lot of computer based training.
Pros
time off
Cons
Computer training
Run away
Clinical Base Supervisor/Flight Paramedic (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaApril 10, 2018
Company way to large. Money is the bottom line for this company. short change the employees that's why they are losing in a class action lawsuit for not abiding by California Labor Laws.
Pros
flying in a helicopter
Cons
management
Worst place I have ever worked
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNApril 9, 2018
Employee unfriendly management, unrealistic time frames, poor organization from the company overall and the upper / middle management. Awful company culture.
Cut Throat Environment - PBS Dept.
Billing & Collections Specialist I (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAApril 7, 2018
Not a team playing company. Everyone for themselves and back stabbing is done at this place of work. It's more of a popularity game with being in the right clique with the right people / management and there is an over kill in the gossip environment. The job was good but there is a lack of fully training a person for the position they are hired for and there is also so much crossing training that it takes away from you doing the job/ job duties you were hired to do. The management is like high school kids...always wanting to be seen and treating the worker's below them like nobodies. No Respect and No Leadership...especially in the PBS Dept. and they change manager's, supervisors so much that the dept. is so unstable and there is no such thing as called "teamwork", it's every person for themselves until the use you up and then get rid of you and there is no advancement unless you can 'brown-nose' every person in management and the so called Leads in the dept. that don't know what they are doing either.
Pros
Good Health, Dental, Vision Benefits
Cons
Ruthless people, Too much about kissing up to management, Gossip Town
My dream job
Communications Specialist (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 6, 2018
I will say as stressful as this job was, I felt very happy there and in my element. I almost wish I was back there, and if they had a location here in South Carolina or a job opening here I would jump on it.
Company has a great mission but no leadership
Recruiting Manager (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COMarch 25, 2018
The company has a good mission that you can feel good about supporting. But it is a good old boys club. If you know the right people you will stick around for a while.
High stress High demand job
Flight Paramedic (Former Employee) –  Kentucky and South CarolinaMarch 19, 2018
I loved working for Air Methods or I would not have worked for 13 years. It was a very challenging job that was high stress and I have over 30 years in EMS. It was just time for me to try something else.
Fun and Exciting
Regional Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaMarch 5, 2018
I worked as an Regional Administrative Assistant for an Eastern Region and can say I absolutely loved my job! I worked with a team of highly preficient professionals and we worked very hard together to make everyday a good day. With any job there are changes, I would say in my time at Air Methods there were more than a lot. I enjoyed the changing environment even though it required a high level of mental positivity and absolute attention to detail. In an ever changing environment what I felt was most important was the team I worked with. Whatever change came, we worked through it. Unfortunately, with man y changes and the purchase of additional companies, the need to "do more with less" outweighed my ability to continue employment. I could no longer maintain a work life balance and found myself working almost around the clock to keep up. I will say it was one of the most rewarding but challenging jobs Ive ever had and if the work life balance came back I would love to work at Air Methods again. I sure miss the amazing people!
Pros
Great people, Good Pay, Flexibility, fast paced, exciting
Cons
little work/life balance, constantly changing environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Air Methods Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

33%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

33%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss