Air Methods Corporation Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Challenging and fun
Service Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 15, 2018
The manager that was assigned was against fresh talent and pushed me out of the office. Otherwise it was a great place to work. I managed to push many tickets while getting to know the people and policies of the company. I would recommend people to work here.

Ed Sanchez
Pros
Opportunistic
Great Purpose, Great People
Lead Aircraft Mechanic (Current Employee) –  VariousOctober 7, 2018
Aircraft Maintenance in the Air Medical field can be extremely stressful at times, but with Air Methods everyone has their place and most have a great sense of purpose. Proud to have had the opportunity to work for a great company.
good job
Buyer II (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COSeptember 27, 2018
Allied Universal provides unparalleled service, systems and solutions to the people and business of our communities, and is North America’s leading security services provider. Allied Universal, North America’s leading security services provider, is experiencing tremendous growth. For all full-time positions, we offer medical, dental, vision, flex spending, 401K, an anniversary bonus, and an on-the-spot recognition program.  We promote from within our company! You can start with little, to no, security experience and become one of Allied Universal’s many success stories.
Good. Good. Good.Good. Good. Good.
Great Place for Advancement
PBS Billing and Collections Supervisor (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CASeptember 15, 2018
Great place to work.,Patient centered culture , remove for advancement, Good environment,Knowledgeable leadership,collaborative workplace. Learning environment.
good and bad
flight medic (Former Employee) –  somewhereSeptember 10, 2018
This place is not terrible, but not the greatest either. There is obvious favoritism and if you aren't "in," then it will be pretty miserable (in my opinion). You work approximately 8 days a month but have required meetings to drive to which may be up to several hours to attend base meetings, training etc...If you live close to a base, no real problem but most of the meetings can easily be written out in an e-mail which would save tons of time. Unnecessary amount of paperwork for your charts. Pressure at times to take flights. "Lift times" in my opinion are a bit extreme. I understand the contracts etc.., but theres no reason in my humble opinion to have a fast lift off time for an inter-facility transfer when this is 90% of air medical. Safety should always be of utmost importance and putting pressure on pilots and med crew to go fast is absurd. Thats when things get missed, people lose focus, and accidents happen. I like to move with purpose but not rush or run.

Local management was good, but higher ups don't even know your name. You are only a number and a body in a seat to make a schedule. Mandatory on call days because SOME people abuse and call off regularly means you may or may not get called, may have to travel up to 6 hrs (I believe) to a base to cover up to 48 hrs or repercussions will be had.

I am thankful for the experience but glad to say I no longer work for them.
Pros
patient care; great co-workers
Cons
pretty much everything else.
Work is meaningful and important
Lead Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Doylestown, PASeptember 3, 2018
While it may not be for everyone due to on call schedule, the work you do saves life. Experience with the company varies depending on regional management.
I am not ready to leave one
Critical Care Flight Paramedic (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 28, 2018
I am not wanting to submit a review at this time. Not sure why I need to rate this company before it would let me move forward. Not a fan of this part of it, Sorry
A company with an amazing cause but management was very unsteady and no communication down from the top
Executive Assistant to Executive Vice President (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COAugust 13, 2018
A great company to be apt of as your get to be part of making a difference in someones life and the great relationships one can build in the field with patients.
Pros
You get to be part of making a difference in saving lives
Cons
Not recognized or valued as a big turnover from top down
No did not enjoy it.
Inventory Coordinator/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COJuly 30, 2018
I do not know why you guys keep insisting about these interviews when I do not want to fill these out and I have tried to get past them several times and it is so annoying.
good place to work.
Aircraft Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJuly 19, 2018
Hours are good, benefits are good. People are good to work with. You get to help the general public with a life changing service. Equipment is top of the line and maintain very well.
Pros
Very rewarding work.
Cons
On-call.
Wonderful company to work for.
Patient Financial Counselor (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJuly 19, 2018
I would contact members in regard to their air ambulance bill. Although this position was a high stress position due to the fact that most of the people being contacted had just had a life changing event and weren't happy about the amount of their bill etc. It was also very rewarding when you were able to assist either by getting the claim rebilled through ins or just getting some of the balance reduced.
Pros
Very fast paced environment.
Cons
Mandatory overtime, most of the time working 60hrs per week
Phone company to work for and you will be more knowledgeable about medical benefits.
Assisting Patients (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJune 26, 2018
Helping customers who may be in a bind and cannot pay the medical expenses required for emergency services provided by Air Methods, either by ground or by air.
Good Place to Work
Tax Accountant (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COJune 26, 2018
Air Methods is a good place to work. Even if the management doesn't always follow the corporate mission, the mission is really unique and cool.

The people at Air Methods are good people to work for.
Pros
Cool Mission
Cons
Not There Anymore
Productive work place
Service Desk Analyst I (Current Employee) –  Centennial, CO 80111June 20, 2018
Air Methods is very serious about their patients and require the best from their workers the challenge is real and very rewarding. Their are not many companies that care like they do.
Pros
Work from home if needed.
Cons
Management needs serious help with the decision making.
Brute force management mentality, offers a great service to the community
Airworthiness Quality Manager (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COJune 19, 2018
There was a strong culturally driven workforce that stood behind do things the same way as it was done the past 20 years. The brute force mentality of management and the desire to continue doing the same thing and expecting different results was their MO. As an AS9100 company there are certain things you can expect to have to do, not just need to do. This was not the case, having the AS9100 certificate was what got them Government contracts and that was all that mattered.

Many of the employees were held down to this standard, unable to improve the culture, ethics, and relationships between departments. There was no unity, teamwork, or symmetry between departments and in some areas within their own group. It was a war every day and some people enjoyed it.

The unfortunate part of the company is the unwillingness to be great, the potential and possibilities were there, but the senior leadership knew that moving into that realm would essentially loosen their grip on the employees and the company and they wanted nothing to do with it.

The positive: there were a lot of great people working there and those that did everything in their ability to try to make it a great place to work. The service the company provides to the community is an incredible part of what makes them great.
Pros
There are some great people that work there.
Cons
Unwilling to embrace continuous improvement and remove the culturally driven mentallities
Great Company to work for
Clinical Appeals Specialist/Flight Nurse (Current Employee) –  Home basedJune 14, 2018
AMC is excellent company to work for. Safety culture and mission, vision and values are of extreme importance and the driving force of the company.
Highly recommend!
Company games were fun and Store incentive money was awesome
Media Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJune 4, 2018
Depending on your manager It felt like you had to walk on eggshells to appease their moods, I learned to just go in and do my job, constant mngr changes
Pros
free lunches, incentive store fake money
Cons
not very flexible, excessive hs drama, gossip, need to fit in, opportunities for Quick advancement are weak, constant employee desk movement on floor feeling like company is unsteady
Great education and training
Flight Nurse (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaMay 30, 2018
Great company to work for if you want to continue your education. Corporate structure leaves a lot to be desired. Upper management really does not value or listen to low-level line employees.
Pros
Good equipment and training
Cons
Terrible management structure
Freedom with a leash
A&P Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Pahrump, NVMay 30, 2018
I enjoyed working here. Not your average 9 to 5 drag. Started at 7 most days and left when the job was done, however you are on call every other week and sometimes more, but the freedom is very nice.
Pros
Freedom
Cons
No hanger
Time not wasted
Flight Paramedic (Former Employee) –  Montague, CAMay 17, 2018
Good job, good employees for the most part. Management fails to communicate, fails to effectively mitigate problems. Base closures all the time so you never feel safe buying a house or making big life decisions. Nothing in life is guaranteed, but unfortunately they won't tell you if your job is shutting down when they see it coming months in advance. If management and job security improved, it would be a good career.
Pros
Decent pay, education.
Cons
Lack of communication, poor business management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Air Methods Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

2.4Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight