Air National Guard Employee Reviews

Good Place to Gain Experience and Earn Benefits
Power Production Technician (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 4, 2018
Gain life time useful experience through paid training and continuous learning in a career field, earn benefits and college credits, and meet interesting people from all walks of life with similar ideals.
Pros
Benefits, service, quality training
Cons
Weekends, slow advancement
Many great opportunities
Propulsion Apprentice (Former Employee) –  East Granby, CTMay 31, 2018
The Air National Guard gave me many opportunities to advance in the Military and Civilian world. I was able to enlist and learn one skill, and midway through my enlistment, switch to a different career field.
Pros
Paid tuition, valuable experience and skills gained
Cons
time spent away from home
Great benefits for part-time work
Airman (Current Employee) –  Newington, NHMay 29, 2018
There are many benefits available to traditional guardsmen that make sacrificing a weekend worth it. The coworkers you'll meet are great and supportive.
Client Systems
STAFF SARGEANT (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARMay 26, 2018
As a client systems airman my current typical day is spent in a mission capacity and I enjoy the comradery of the workplace with assistance as required from management. Hardest and most enjoyable part of the job is dealing with issues and being able to solving that issue. Not only am I able to learn something new everyday, but also share and teach the things I have learned with others.
Pros
Ability to learn new things and expand my knowledge on other subjects.
Cons
Na
Rewarding Experience
Cyber Transport Technician (Current Employee) –  Greeley, COMay 21, 2018
My responsibility is to maintain a system within the SBIRS missile defense network. It is a very rewarding experience. At this job I learned a lot about how communication systems work and various troubleshooting practices to maintain them. The culture is very friendly as all the employees are fairly close to one another.
Fast paced and interesting
LOGISTICS SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Scotia, NYMay 17, 2018
Traveled to multiple locations
Met many people
Leadership lacked consistency
Lots of time away from family
Some leaders were poor at their jobs and didn't deserve their titles
Pros
Great benefits, traveling, close ties with those around you
Cons
poor leadership
Too Much Politics and Drama
Helicopter Tilt Rotor Mechanic (Current Employee) –  JBER, AKMay 15, 2018
Your ability to promote does not seem to be on meeting the requirements. Other peers will promote on time and you are held back based on peoples biases. You really have to play the political game. Definitely about portraying an image more than excelling at your job.
Fast pace, community.
Police Officer (Current Employee) –  New Castle, DEMay 15, 2018
As police officer, I was constantly on my feet, moving and protecting assets. providing security for personal on the installation. Being part of a big community.
Great work
Customer Service Spec (Current Employee) –  Warner Robins, GAMay 14, 2018
I love serving my country. Great work life balance. I love the people as well. There is a lot of benefits of being in the Air Force National guard. The pay is good as well.
Good Org
Occupational Safety Health Specialist (Current Employee) –  South Portland, MEMay 7, 2018
Good leadership 265th - care, balance, engaged, goal oriented, very effective mission, good camraderie, superb training and ample opportunity to volunteer for multiple additional duties
ballances with personal lif
Pa - Staff Sergeant (Current Employee) –  Middletown, PAMay 1, 2018
Great opertunity for free training in unique career fields that can be applied to many civilian jobs. The comradery and fulfilment is priceless. Benefits for college as well.
Pros
Great schedule and pay
Cons
Can only do part time and on a weekend
An Amazing Career
Paralegal (Current Employee) –  Westfield, MAApril 30, 2018
The Air National Guard offers many great career opportunities whether you are a full-time or a traditional guardsman. There is also a great work life and personal life balance that you cannot get on the civilian side.
good way to balance military and civillian life
Military Police Officer (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 29, 2018
great way to get some military benefits and get to training but being a weekend warrior comes at a price with expectations and unrealistic goals for going to train for once a month.
great part time job -
Barrier maintenance (Former Employee) –  Selfridge Angb, MIApril 18, 2018
There are hundred of jobs, careers that you could qualify for. Start your new life of right, Air national guard could be the best part time job that you will love.
Pros
great part time job
Cons
being deployed over 180 days
Fun workplace with a melting pot of cultures
Crew Chief (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 16, 2018
Fun workplace with tons of learning opurtunity. As long as you are willing to put in the work you will get something out of it. Some days are long but the people around the work place make it a great time, it’s like having a second family.
Pros
Health care, school benefits, job security
Cons
Long hours, strict rules
Work one weekend per month
Fuels Distribution Systems Worker (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 12, 2018
Even with all of our advanced technology, our aircraft simply cannot operate without fuel. It is the job of Fuels specialists to manage every aspect of the refueling of every aircraft on the flight line. More than handling jet fuel, these professionals are also responsible for operating the vehicles, equipment and storage facilities that are essential to the refueling operation while also ensuring the compliance of all safety regulations while handling these volatile liquids.
Important to mission, good environment
Crew Chief (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYApril 10, 2018
Every day at work when the MQ-9s are going to fly, we make sure that they are in a safe condition. Inspecting the aircraft, maintaining parts, filling out forms. Learned a lot about dedication and job importance, gaining discipline and patience.
N/a
Personnel Specialist (Human Resources Specialist) (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INApril 9, 2018
I enjoyed working there, I was full time for several years and it taught me a lot about having a career. As well as the different types of relationships one can have with others.
Travel, Educational Benefits, Mental Toughness
Aircrew Flight Equipment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Newington, NHApril 3, 2018
I loved my job at the Air National Guard. I met people from all over the country during training, had opportunities to travel the world for work, completed training that made me a better, more flexible, more resilient person, and received benefits that allowed me to complete my B.S. in Civil Engineering.
Incredible colleagues become family
Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSMarch 25, 2018
Seriously amazing place to work. Job is fast paced and exciting but not overbearing. The money is good but the benefits are excellent. Really though the best part working there is becoming friends with your colleagues and feeling a part of a bigger family.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Air National Guard. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5