Air Products Employee Reviews

Good company bad management
Driver (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GADecember 2, 2018
Good company Good pay long hours 10+ a day. But manager and supervisor sucks. I don't think they never driven a truck before so they don't know what it's like to be a driver. All they know is how to sit behind a computer and email. Other than that great company.
Pros
Pay. Benefits
Great Process Work
Production Engineer (Former Employee) –  Saint Gabriel, LANovember 29, 2018
Great Experience in Process Plant Environment. Lots of opportunities to gain experience in Field of Study as well as network into other Fields of Study
Diverse Culture with many opportunities
Sell College - Training Specialist (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PANovember 27, 2018
Some positions I held at Air Products allowed me to have a good work life balance. I was able to work at home virtually and in the office. I had some great Managers who supported me in my career growth and learning.
Great place to work.. Very good people to work with.
Driver Operator (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PANovember 24, 2018
Worked for AP for 12 years and had to relocate because of life changes in my personal life. With over an hour commute and workload it became a daunting task.
Pros
Company uniforms furnished as well as all tools needed to safely carryout the assigned job duties.
Cons
Picking start times 2x a year
Don't even think about Austin
Technician (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 15, 2018
The managers are clowns. They don't know their elbow from the hole in their head. There is no real training. Safety is a joke. Managers do not care about the workers. You'll be expected to change your schedule at the last minute. They look down upon you if you speak up. Unrealistic expectations
Pros
The pay is decent
Cons
12 hour shifts, no training, managers, safety
Great benefits, moderate pay, inconsistent treatment of employees.
Accounts Payable Technician (Former Employee) –  Trexlertown, PANovember 13, 2018
Great benefits, pay is within market standards, inconsistent in how employees are treated within departments. Managers say they want to help promote you but they do not actually help to make this happen.
Pros
Employee Benefits, paid time for volunteering, Company wide bonus, market comparable salaries.
Cons
Inconsistent rules for managers and employees, no follow through on help with internal advancement, different rules for different employees.
Productive and fun workplace
Receptionist/Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMNovember 7, 2018
A typical day at work was fast paced and involved team effort. I learned a lot about the product that was made there. I was involved w/a team of engineers.
Nice project to work on with capable individuals.
Construction Safety Manager (Former Employee) –  Beamont, TXNovember 6, 2018
Good project with people who communicate. Good safety culture and commitment to safety and employees. Job pace was good and the environment was one of teamwork.
Air Products is a wonderful place to become employed.
Project Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Township of Hanover, PAOctober 29, 2018
I was a temporary worker for 1 year with this company and loved the atmosphere & was always treated with respect by all the other employees even though I was temporary. My supervisor was extremely helpful and fair when assigning projects for me to complete.
Pros
nice atmosphere
Good workplace
Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Bay Area, CAOctober 29, 2018
Air Products is a great company to work. Very safety oriented company. There are some really great people who do the right thing for the company and employee.

Want to know more about Air Products?

Ask a question
Productive and fun workplace with great people and room for advancement.
TGEE Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Trexlertown, PAOctober 27, 2018
Productive and fun workplace with great people and room for advancement.
I enjoyed being there even though I was just an intern. They treat everyone with respect.
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing that I can think of
Process Controls Specialist (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAOctober 16, 2018
Great place to work, flexible work schedule and ability to work remotely. Ability to advance career goals within the company. Great benefits package and compensation.
Great place to learn.
Chemical Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PA 18195October 14, 2018
Air Products was a good place to learn how to function and be professional in the business world I was fortunate to be enrolled in great customer service classes. Fellow employees were always helpful and fun to work with. I had a great manager that was supportive. Working independently was encouraged and I learned a lot.
Nice place to work
Technical Consultant, for Devon Consulting (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAOctober 3, 2018
It was a nice place to work but it was a LONG time ago so maybe I should not be rating this company? But it's on the list so I have to type something.
Pros
Nice culture at the time
Cons
contracts end
Run Plant
Plant Operator/Manager (Former Employee) –  York, NEOctober 2, 2018
ok, daily operations of the plant,, Main. PM's daily making product and making sure the plant runs at top performance. Daily reports and daily main. logs and other related items.
Pros
good company
Cons
sometimes a lot of call outs
Lead Vehicle and Equipment Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Bountiful, UTOctober 2, 2018
This company is great and if you want to learn they will teach you. I have had lots of opprotunity to grow and move up. The people at Air Products are great.
Great company for anyone and everyone
EQUIPMENT ENGINEERING MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PASeptember 25, 2018
Air Products is a wonderful company to work for. In the 6 years I've been employed, it has always been a positive experience. The group I work with in particular is flexible, fun, and has always felt like a family. Everybody does their best to get the job done at the end of the day, but doesn't take themselves too seriously.
Safety, Simplicity, Speed, and Self-confidence are the companies current creed. While the management has been fluid in the last few years because of a new CEO, as well as company divestments, everyone has kept Safety as the #1 drive. The other 3 are a work in progress, but the same could be said for any other company.
The only downside I've seen is that if you didn't start as one of the Career development Professionals (CDP) program out of college, it can be hard to network and get your foot in the door for new positions. Full time hires have to work harder to get a new role in the company.
Pros
great culture, opportunities to travel or stay local, education reimbursement
Cons
Non-CDP hires need to work harder to network, Expensive coffee in the cafe
great company
Plant Operations Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CASeptember 23, 2018
company takes care of its employees, high quality people are always around when i am at work company asks a lot at the same time give the employee a lot back in return, two way street
Fast paced enviroment
Manager (Former Employee) –  usaSeptember 12, 2018
typical day at work could be 8hrs to 18hrs depending on breakdown of equipment. Hardest part of job getting help from higher ups when problems arise. Most enjoyable part of job was interacting with employees.
Pros
pay
Cons
managment
Overall a good place
Mechanical Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Trexlertown, PASeptember 11, 2018
I enjoyed working at Air Products up until the time my job was eliminated. The coworkers are great and the atmosphere is generally good. The problem there currently is new management that is cutting people for the sake of cuts, There is too much of a focus on the stock price and not enough on the work the employees actually do. I did enjoy my time while I was there and would definitely go back, xsince I suspect this is true of most corporations.
Pros
Flexible hours when needed and good people to work with.
Cons
Focus on corporate profits only and only 5 sick days per year

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Air Products. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.4InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

3.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight