Air Products Employee Reviews

Process Controls Specialist (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAOctober 16, 2018
Great place to work, flexible work schedule and ability to work remotely. Ability to advance career goals within the company. Great benefits package and compensation.
Great place to learn.
Chemical Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PA 18195October 14, 2018
Air Products was a good place to learn how to function and be professional in the business world I was fortunate to be enrolled in great customer service classes. Fellow employees were always helpful and fun to work with. I had a great manager that was supportive. Working independently was encouraged and I learned a lot.
Run Plant
Plant Operator/Manager (Former Employee) –  York, NEOctober 2, 2018
ok, daily operations of the plant,, Main. PM's daily making product and making sure the plant runs at top performance. Daily reports and daily main. logs and other related items.
Pros
good company
Cons
sometimes a lot of call outs
Lead Vehicle and Equipment Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Bountiful, UTOctober 2, 2018
This company is great and if you want to learn they will teach you. I have had lots of opprotunity to grow and move up. The people at Air Products are great.
Great company for anyone and everyone
EQUIPMENT ENGINEERING MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PASeptember 25, 2018
Air Products is a wonderful company to work for. In the 6 years I've been employed, it has always been a positive experience. The group I work with in particular is flexible, fun, and has always felt like a family. Everybody does their best to get the job done at the end of the day, but doesn't take themselves too seriously.
Safety, Simplicity, Speed, and Self-confidence are the companies current creed. While the management has been fluid in the last few years because of a new CEO, as well as company divestments, everyone has kept Safety as the #1 drive. The other 3 are a work in progress, but the same could be said for any other company.
The only downside I've seen is that if you didn't start as one of the Career development Professionals (CDP) program out of college, it can be hard to network and get your foot in the door for new positions. Full time hires have to work harder to get a new role in the company.
Pros
great culture, opportunities to travel or stay local, education reimbursement
Cons
Non-CDP hires need to work harder to network, Expensive coffee in the cafe
great company
Plant Operations Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CASeptember 23, 2018
company takes care of its employees, high quality people are always around when i am at work company asks a lot at the same time give the employee a lot back in return, two way street
Fast paced enviroment
Manager (Former Employee) –  usaSeptember 12, 2018
typical day at work could be 8hrs to 18hrs depending on breakdown of equipment. Hardest part of job getting help from higher ups when problems arise. Most enjoyable part of job was interacting with employees.
Pros
pay
Cons
managment
Overall a good place
Mechanical Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Trexlertown, PASeptember 11, 2018
I enjoyed working at Air Products up until the time my job was eliminated. The coworkers are great and the atmosphere is generally good. The problem there currently is new management that is cutting people for the sake of cuts, There is too much of a focus on the stock price and not enough on the work the employees actually do. I did enjoy my time while I was there and would definitely go back, xsince I suspect this is true of most corporations.
Pros
Flexible hours when needed and good people to work with.
Cons
Focus on corporate profits only and only 5 sick days per year
Constantly growing learning fun and challenging place to work
Technician level 2 winding Hall (Former Employee) –  Port Manatee, FLSeptember 1, 2018
Was a wonderful place to work enjoyed everybody in the shop as well as every other department management on the shop floor was wonderful upper management so called brass was very poor told employees they be safe during layoffs things like that they would have heads up very next day Mass layoff with no warning and very little compensation too bad was a great place to work was a place I planned on retiring from after relocating for that job
Pros
Pay was great very good chance for advancing and earning more
Cons
Upper management was unappreciative, cut people with no warning, and no chance to set up employment after their release
Productive, challenging work place
IT Analyst (Former Employee) –  Trexlertown, PAAugust 30, 2018
I worked with a great group of people which makes all the difference in a corporate office. We all worked together, helped each other through out the days and weeks and frequently had our own little parties to go over major achievements and success's.
Pros
close to home, good teamwork
Cons
cutbacks, layoffs
Great pay, management needs help,lots of down time
Welder/sitter (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAAugust 25, 2018
Management team were a bunch of bro jobs.pay was good.sleeping arriangements could have been better,usually had to bed down in confined spaces on hard surfaces with only rags or old welding jackets to use as pillows and blankets.if the place didn't close I'd still be sleeping there
Pros
Great group of guys out in the shop
Cons
After waking up from naps we were only given short breaks
The corporate mission is everything
SITE SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Reidsville, NCAugust 20, 2018
In order to reach financial goals, Air Products has restructured in recent years. In many cases this has been a boon to the company, and has indeed improved overall profitability. However, in the most recent FY, staffing in some locations has become so thin that the workloads are becoming overwhelming.
Pros
Upward mobility
Cons
Poor training structure, staffing reduced to a challenging level
Buddy system
Chemical Operator (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 20, 2018
If you fit the mold and was a friend of someone in management outside of work then you could advance, if not then you were treated like a second class citizen, and always reminded of how easy it is to fire you.
Pros
Worked 3-2-2-3 schedule
Cons
Everything else
Good for Co-op/Intern
Co-op Student (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAAugust 16, 2018
Air Products has a good co-op/intern program, managers assigned meaningful work, some positions are more stressful than others, but overall a positive experience. Compensation was good as well.
good people to work with
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Vernon, CAAugust 13, 2018
I worked there for 23 years and a manger comes in that dose not like me and I 'am out the door very bad for me and my family I came to work every day did my job never called in sick were all my PPE and worked overtime when needed
Pros
go company
Cons
bad mangement
Truck Driver

5. rolling cylinders

6. Coworkers and making customers happy
Not bed to work for
Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 6, 2018
I have nothing bad to said about this company it all.
I don't think I need to fill this out .
Management was awesome.
I feel that everyone did their in helping each other
Fun workplace
Grounds Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Trexlertown, PAAugust 5, 2018
It’s was a fast pace workplace but was also a very serious workplace everything was important but safety was the biggist thing on the grounds everything was ran through the ceo
Pros
Relaxed work area and had and vehicle for transportation
Cons
Hours could have been a slightly better
AP Work Life
Sustainability Program Specialist (Current Employee) –  Trexlertown, PAAugust 5, 2018
The people at Air Products are incredible and care about each other. Meanwhile the upper management makes decisions that do not seem to factor in employees. They seemingly only care about financial results and what investors/customers care about.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Wall street influence is becoming more apparent
Manager, Global Process Support and Training (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAAugust 4, 2018
Air Products is a great place to work. Provided my career development skills across a wide variety of functions. Paid fairly. still own the company's stock and as a retiree can still use their gym

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Air Products. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

3.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight