Play YouTube video button

Air Products Employee Reviews

Featured review
Air Products selected this as a representative review
Productive and fun workplace with great people and room for advancement.
TGEE Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Trexlertown, PAOctober 27, 2018
Productive and fun workplace with great people and room for advancement.
I enjoyed being there even though I was just an intern. They treat everyone with respect.
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing that I can think of
Great Environment
Manager (Current Employee) –  Palmetto, FLFebruary 11, 2019
Awesome place to start a career, Great leadership, always room for advancement. Great place to learn and improve your skills and advance you education when need.
Badly managed
I/E/A TECH (Former Employee) –  La Porte, TXFebruary 6, 2019
Wrong people in management positions. Creating an unpleasant and stressful and low moral environment. Placing low or inexperienced people in management positions
Good job if you like long hours
Truck Driver / Medical Equipment Technician (Former Employee) –  Kankakee IllinoisJanuary 19, 2019
If you like long hours this is the place for you...you start at 8:00 am and I have stayed out til 9:30 pm it’s crazy there not concerned if you are dead tired they expect you to be there and do the job no matter what... it’s a very rewarding job when you go to patients homes and set up there medical equipment or concentrators and you see the smile on there faces knowing you are there to help them be comfortable and feel better... the only real problem with this job is the long hours !
Pros
Rewarding job
Cons
Insane long hours
Project Coordinator - Global (Former Employee) –  Trexlertown, PAJanuary 16, 2019
Great place to work. People are the main reason for success. Unfortunate situation due to restructuring - selling off businesses/reduction in workforce and diversity of offerings but company is now refocused and successful in industrial gases - as was the original focus of the company.
Good
Microbulk Outside Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  South CarolinaJanuary 13, 2019
The job was decent. Payed decent. It was a good starting point. You have to work hard on a daily basis to make it in this industry. I enjoyed my time there.
Great job
Warehouse Technician II (Former Employee) –  Haysville, KSJanuary 9, 2019
Great place to work. Recently changed management for the better. Good atmosphere and great benefits. Insurance is fantastic and profit sharing every year.
Pros
Insurance
Cons
Dangerous
Professional
Management of Change Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Westlake, LAJanuary 8, 2019
Professional work environment. Very welcoming and training was excellent. The corporate team was very helpful in getting me setup in my remote environment.
I worked with a bunch of caring and helpful Co Workers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAJanuary 3, 2019
Worked in fast passed call center. Did inbound and out outbound calling. I learned something new everyday when a customer called and had a specific question I did not know the answer to. Took customers information to call them back with the information that they needed. Also took care of customers complaints and billing issues .The hardest part of the job was when you had an unhappy customer on the phone. I had the opportunity to work with a great team, we all got along and helped each other out. GREAT TEAM WORK!!. Most enjoyable part is we also laughed and had fun
Pros
End of year bonuses .Great teamwork . Great company all around
Cons
I have nothing bad to say about the company . I was treated well
Service Group
Polyflow Eng (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMDecember 28, 2018
Long hours on projects, mgt would lecture about meals one can consume during the day, eg. don't eat after 20:00 to save money. Theft of service's test equipment by another employee; HR would not investigate the incident nor would punish the individual.
Big promises, small delievery
Welding Technician 2B (Former Employee) –  Port Manatee, FLDecember 19, 2018
Like most bigger companies Air Products offers everything a new employee wants to hear, but fails to deliver in the long run. "Plenty of overtime available", "opportunity for advancement" and all the other bells and whistles these big outfits offer to get a workforce on their payroll. At the end of every day at this particular branch of this company you can expect the same. Favoritism, poor communication between shifts, theft, unneeded injuries and lack of work.
Pros
Benefits, decent, but not adequate pay, paid vacations
Cons
Poor management, favoritism, lack of communication, safety practiced not enforced
Big Company
Reliability Specialist (Former Employee) –  Gonzales, LADecember 14, 2018
Air products was a big company that was looking to relocate people to Texas. I was not interested in relocating. All operations was moved to Texas. Never know with a large company.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Relocation
Good work cultural and collaborative team culture.
Vice President and General Manager - Additives (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PADecember 5, 2018
Productive workplace with competent and collaborative team. Sold career development programs with opportunities to move up and build new skills. Very structured and focused work culture.
Pros
Excellent and collaborative team culture.
Cons
Location.
Good company bad management
Driver (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GADecember 2, 2018
Good company Good pay long hours 10+ a day. But manager and supervisor sucks. I don't think they never driven a truck before so they don't know what it's like to be a driver. All they know is how to sit behind a computer and email. Other than that great company.
Pros
Pay. Benefits
Great Process Work
Production Engineer (Former Employee) –  Saint Gabriel, LANovember 29, 2018
Great Experience in Process Plant Environment. Lots of opportunities to gain experience in Field of Study as well as network into other Fields of Study
Diverse Culture with many opportunities
Sell College - Training Specialist (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PANovember 27, 2018
Some positions I held at Air Products allowed me to have a good work life balance. I was able to work at home virtually and in the office. I had some great Managers who supported me in my career growth and learning.
Great place to work.. Very good people to work with.
Driver Operator (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PANovember 24, 2018
Worked for AP for 12 years and had to relocate because of life changes in my personal life. With over an hour commute and workload it became a daunting task.
Pros
Company uniforms furnished as well as all tools needed to safely carryout the assigned job duties.
Cons
Picking start times 2x a year
Don't even think about Austin
Technician (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 15, 2018
The managers are clowns. They don't know their elbow from the hole in their head. There is no real training. Safety is a joke. Managers do not care about the workers. You'll be expected to change your schedule at the last minute. They look down upon you if you speak up. Unrealistic expectations
Pros
The pay is decent
Cons
12 hour shifts, no training, managers, safety
Great benefits, moderate pay, inconsistent treatment of employees.
Accounts Payable Technician (Former Employee) –  Trexlertown, PANovember 13, 2018
Great benefits, pay is within market standards, inconsistent in how employees are treated within departments. Managers say they want to help promote you but they do not actually help to make this happen.
Pros
Employee Benefits, paid time for volunteering, Company wide bonus, market comparable salaries.
Cons
Inconsistent rules for managers and employees, no follow through on help with internal advancement, different rules for different employees.
Productive and fun workplace
Receptionist/Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMNovember 7, 2018
A typical day at work was fast paced and involved team effort. I learned a lot about the product that was made there. I was involved w/a team of engineers.
Nice project to work on with capable individuals.
Construction Safety Manager (Former Employee) –  Beamont, TXNovember 6, 2018
Good project with people who communicate. Good safety culture and commitment to safety and employees. Job pace was good and the environment was one of teamwork.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Air Products. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.4InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

3.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight