AIR TRANSPORT INTERNATIONAL Employee Reviews

a strong company with a lot of potential
Head of Pilot Transportation (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, OHFebruary 12, 2018
Air Transport International offers a great opportunity to those who are wanting to grow with the airline industry and experience the possibilities of airline freight and the shipping industry. Working in the offices as an Administrative assistant offered some great experience in Microsoft, Filing and documenting, Organizing, and basic management skills. I personally enjoyed working late and having access to watch the flights take off!
Pros
Competitive pay
Cons
Not a lot of opportunities to grow
Experience
LINE MECHANIC (Former Employee) –  United StatesNovember 19, 2017
Great place to get experience and move on. Fast paced, constantly changing, large jobs done on the line. Company does not make you feel like a priority, just another body mentality. Pay not up too par for the work needed to perform and the long hours you're basically forced to work.
Great company to work for. Hard work yet very rewarding
AIRCRAFT MECHANIC (Former Employee) –  Travis AFB, CANovember 17, 2017
Great company to work for. Treated very well and management always maintains a positive culture. The hardest part of the job is working in bad weather conditions and still having to meet a deadline.
Prefer not to Say
Supervisor/Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 25, 2017
I have filled out the proper required acknowledgements as well as internal company surveys proprietary to employees and those authorized. I have nothing to say on this.
Great experience
Quality Assurance Records Auditor (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 11, 2017
The work culture is very diverse and there are lots of people who are willing to expand their knowledge and expertise to those who are willing to learn and train. Customer service is great and the hours allow you to spend time with family.
Work Experince
Lead flight attendant (Former Employee) –  Aguadilla, PRApril 19, 2017
Great place to work, got to experience the world through this company. Great benefits, employees, managers. Very flexible with hours and days needed..
Pros
free hotels
Cons
away from family weeks at a time
They paint a good picture in the interview but just wait for it.
Maintenance Representative (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIMarch 6, 2017
Poor management,.....................................................They will make everything sound like a dream come true but if you don't fit in once you start they will build a paper trail on you and can you without any notice.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Misleading management
Fun challenging growth potential
FLIGHT ATTENDANT (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 9, 2016
Great travel destinations

I learned how to be a leader, multitask and compromise.

Management was pretty fair and we did get raises and growth opportunities.

We could live anywhere in the US and the company would commercial us to work.

BIG on family emergency assistance
Pros
free travel nice hotels made a few friends
Cons
10- 16 days away form home cold air crafts
Senior Director of Aircraft Ground Services (Former Employee) –  Swanton, OHDecember 14, 2015
I learned a lot about cargo operations from a carrier standpoint. Always had a full days worth of work to do but I liked that. Great leaders and co-workers. Most enjoyable part was solving problems and complying with regulations.
Great Job
Publication Specialist (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARFebruary 27, 2015
Air Transport International gave me my first opportunity outside of the Air Force to be a Technical Writer. For that, I am grateful beyond belief. there was a lot to learn as my eyes opened towards the fascinating world of Technical Writing.
Pros
Great!
Cons
Great start but steady decline
Station Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Aguadilla, PRFebruary 12, 2015
Since the new ownership of ATI took over, mismanagement caused loss of revenue and employees. The pre-merger ATI was well run.
It was one of the best time s of my life
flight attendant (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ArkansaOctober 13, 2014
I have no complaines of this company. Sad that it was just a contract of one year. Loved working for them.
Pros
discounts, transportation, best benefits ever.
Cons
n/a
Extensive travel opportunities
Loadmaster (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARFebruary 5, 2014
I was able to best utilize my learned skills within the confines of this position. World travel was required which presented many unique situations to manage.
not a bad place to work If your single
CARGO MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARDecember 16, 2013
long hours little sleep its an airline its a unpredictable place to work
Very fun and fast paced place to work
Distribution Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, AROctober 7, 2013
I was hired through a temp company so I do not know how their benefits plan works. I loved working with my co-workers. They were very friendly and helpful. They made my job extremely easy by having very detailed training, and were always there to answer questions.
Pros
We went out to lunch as a group several times
Cons
short period of time that I was needed there.
Wide variety of work. No two days of work where the same.
Airframe and Power Plant Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJune 21, 2013
Maintained 1 the 16 Dougles DC-8 and Boeing 767 aircraft per night at Toledo Express Airport. Learned aircraft hydraulic systems, pneumatic systems, flight control systems and electrical systems. Troubleshot, safely repair systems and return aircraft back to service.
Pros
Very flexable work schedule.
Very fun place to work.
Aerospace Buyer (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARFebruary 26, 2013
A typical day at work would be purchasing parts, sending parts out for overhaul. I learned of inventory control having what you need where you needed it. Management was good but could have been better. Co-workers were knowledgeable and fun to work with. The hardest part of the job was trying to keep stock in all the different locations needed. The most enjoyable part of the job was speaking with the different vendors, price negotiations, vendor sourcing.
Pros
four day work weeks if you wanted.
Cons
healthcare was expensive
I was happy there
First Officer (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARFebruary 9, 2013
I really liked my job. But, I was furloughed there twice in 4 years.
Pros
good people to work with.
Cons
if you worked in flight operations, you were gone away from home for 2 to 3 weeks.
Turbulent Changing Airline
First Officer B767 and DC-8. (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARDecember 7, 2012
This used to be a great fun place to work. However with recent management changes, a merger with another airline and the downturn in the global economy it has become just another company dwindling away. With cuts in service, personnel and benefits in the last six months it has become an example of what to expect in the new economy. A typical day at work is long, usually 12 hours or more, with varied schedules and routines. Management is now in panic mode. With the recent merger, the previous management that a lot of experience with this type of operation have been replaced with a group who while experienced, do not have the type of experience required to operate a company like this. This results of the last six months have proven this. With a 50 percent reduction in the aircraft fleet and furloughing of 220 pilots.

The best part of the job was a mix of all kinds of things. The people I worked with were the best. The job challenging and dynamic. I will surely miss it.
I love what I do and is sadden to see it relocate
Crew Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARDecember 5, 2012
Typical day at work: Busy
What I've learned: Loyal
My Co-Workers: Friendly
The hardest part about my job: Is making decisions
The most enjoyable part about my job: Customer Skills
Pros
has giving me the opportunity to work with this company for almost 7 yrs
Cons
recolating to a different state ( ohio )