Air Van Inc

Working at Air Van Inc: 15 Reviews

United States15 reviews

Stressfull

Very bad wages for the work i did ,never knew when we get off work management doesn't really support the employees ,only good thing was the pizza parties and the free donuts once a week

Pros

Free donuts once a week

Cons

Bad wages

Maximum effort for minimum pay

Management expects employees to give maximum effort, but doesn't want to pay for that effort nor give you the proper tools to do the job. If the company would spend a few dollars for the much needed equipment to do the job, it could get the job done in a fashion of the time and nearly eliminate workman's comp claims - which there is an average of 3 per month.

Pros

It's out of the weather

Cons

They let you know there's always someone else ready to fill your position.

Air Van Inc insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Inclusive work environment

Horrible

Nothing good to say. My time there was extensive and I was used an abused. Yes, I am using that word. If your not the "new favorite" the they will find a way for you to be out, no matter how much good you have done.

Great place

They worked with me when I needed help they were understanding for the most part it was fun to learn new things and to get out of my comfort zone great employer

This is not a place to work,as they are two faced

This company will terminate one employee for something minor, but there are others that do major wrongdoings and they keep them. They make you work like a dog for bad pay.

Pros

Was close to home

Cons

No good benefits and not good pay for the work

Great Experience

I learned a lot at Air Van, but this was not a company I could see myself with long term. I am grateful for the experience. Good place for entry level, but there isn't a lot of room to grow. The pay wasn't great and neither were the benefits. I loved the people I worked with, but they all seemed over worked and stressed most of the time. Great people, but the company could work on how they treat their employees.

Its ok

It’s OK not a big fan just have to go to work and do what you have to do keep your head down and do your job stay to yo self and do whats told of you and you will be A-OK at the job

Job summary

Do not look for work here, as it does not pay to be mentally abused. You can work like crazy and there is a warehouse supervisor that does not care what happens and he does not treat others with decency!

Ok

Had a good time working there but management sucked. Pay was low and during winter we were always not working so business was slow. Only stayed there to build my customer service and better myself.

Pros

Worked with good mens

Cons

You do more for less

nice

everyone is fun and easy to get alone with.i loved the job just didnt make enough. and it was kinda fare do to where i lived. but overall Air Van Inc is a outstanding workplace

Pros

smooth easy going

Cons

paying/working you

Best part of the job

Most of the time you don't work with other people. You do your own thing, and it keeps you focused. And there is less chance of confrontation working alone,

Pros

15 min break at both 10am and 3pm

Cons

Inside all day long

it was a night time line haul no traffic and i was the only driver working for air van in my area they had only me to count on.

I drove a new kw with a53ft trailer from lakeland to Tallahassee.leaving at 1030pm returning at 830am. Was my first line haul job took a while to get use to the different hours but once i got use to the hours i really enjoyed the route.unfortunately the starting times got later and later,sometimes starting at 2am so had to wait in my day cab for hours.But still got the job done.I delt mostly with the VP of air van he always helpt me when ever i needed it.

Pros

Night driving great pay

Cons

Late starts and drove my personal vehical to lakeland .

Challenging rewarding work that was always changing.

start at 7:30 check emails and reply. Answer any questions and create paperwork for order to be sent to Hewlett Packard corporate head quarters. Locate product and make sure it is correct product and send over to corporate site with whatever requests arrived that morning, When truck comes in with items for HP storage. We make sure it is in good condition and that the quantities are correct. Use Data entry and receive in product and store in Basic logistic inventory system, create barcode and enter into system with scanner. Attach a location to barcode so that we can find it in the warehouse.. Supervise and train personnel to operate forklift and keep warehouse in a neat, clean organized and safe condition. The hardest part of the job was teaching the Hewlett Packard employees the proper way to enter their product so that they be able to call it up accurately. We have a lot of checks and balance to ensure they are receiving exactly what they need The most enjoyable part was the adventure of day to day business and having new challenges creating new job skills and interacting with our customers and drivers.

Pros

Paid holiday and Vacations. would povide a good lunch for our monthly safety meetings

Cons

healthcare had huge deductable. Communication problems between warehouse and between corporate

Great

Very good company lots of opportunity s great employees they are a great company to build many work skills i would say it was my dream job i would jump at the opportunity so be employed with them

Pros

People

Cons

Commision is the way to go.

I have worked both hourly and commision while moving. I have to say though commision on average pays out more for the crews. At the Tacoma branch the manager finds good workers then finds if they can work in a team together.

Pros

Good money for the work

Cons

can be very long hours

Common questions about Air Van Inc

Answered by current and former employees at Air Van Inc

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Air Van Inc. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits