Airbnb Employee Reviews

4.2
Ratings breakdown
Tiempo de Familia y Sobre todo libertad
Turismo y Hosteleria (Current Employee) –  Miami-Dade County, FLJuly 20, 2018
Me gusta y me divierte alojar gente y conocer personas de todo el mundo. También, me da satisfacción al poder guiarlos para disfrutar mejor el tiempo que van a pasar en mi cuidad y proporcionarles información de como ahorrar durante sus vacaciones. El trabajar con esta empresa me ha dado libertad para poder disfrutar mas tiempo en familia.
Low pay, no continuity of management
Priority Support Trip Experience Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 27, 2018
It seems great in the beginning, but after 1 year I have had 6 different team managers. This means everyone has different rules, and it’s impossible to build rapport with your leaders.
Airbnb review
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJune 1, 2018
Airbnb is a great company but some of the management is a bit unstable. Good hours, decent benefits/pay. Hours were reliable however shifts are first come first serve and they will fire you if you are unable to work the hours that they need, at any given time.
Pros
relaxed environment
Cons
Very political
In your own home
Airbnb Host (Current Employee) –  Blacksburg, VAMay 25, 2018
Airbnb is a fabulous side hustle. Airbnb's website makes it easy to taylor your own's schedule with coordinating with guests. It is ensuring I am offering a service above a hotels. It provides guest with more comfort staying in a homie, spacious, clean environment.
Pros
solely on your own time
Cons
there are no other benefits to airbnbing your home besides getting paid
Very good platform for temporary renting! Completely self- driven
Property Management/ Host (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 22, 2018
Airbnb provides an amazing platform for host and guest. To be a profitable host though you do all the leg work and management! You are responsible for reservations and upkeep.
Wonderful way to get some cash
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMay 12, 2018
Airbnb is the way to go when you have some time on your hands and enjoy cleaning. The people that use Airbnb are typically nice, kind, and clean. I have only had a few bad encounters with guests.
Pros
Set pay, you can schedule
Cons
limited hours
A good temporary job
SUPER HOST (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 9, 2018
I worked as a host with Airbnb, it provides a good platform for both travelers and hosts, I met many friends from hosting them from Airbnb, the only thing not good enough is Airbnb is nice to guests but not to host, especially some case manager, I don't think they followed up cases with patient and considerate.
excellent workplace for self driven people
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 9, 2018
Very inspiring place to work. Friendly co-workers and excellent work life balance.
Company has very positive culture, encouraged people to be responsible and supportive to the society in general.
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 6, 2018
Enjoy the work and am able to make my own schedule. Able to work with good people around me. Positive work atmosphere. Enjoyable office space and pace of work.
Productive, Fun and Flexible
Airbnb Host (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 2, 2018
Airbnb, is great place to work. Flexible to Host guest when available. Give awards when you're exceeding expectations... Contracted pay for convenience and allows you to have responsibility for your pay & taxe information for those who love the Independence.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
They take a cut from your pay
Great for little extra pocket money, look elsewhre for subtansial pay.
On call housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Ward, COApril 25, 2018
I am an on call maid for this air bnb in Ward Colorado, it's great extra cash, but not substantial. Working by myself at my own pace is an added perk. It's a peaceful experience.
Pros
working alone, self paced, relaxed.
Cons
not enough work
Dealing with apartments
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 13, 2018
Airbnb will be rented out from time to time. I would make sure the apartment was presentable to the next client to walk in and enjoy there stay. This includes sharing information about the community to the them and showing them around the area.
Leading disrupter in hospitality / tech industry
Global Public Relations Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 12, 2018
Lead creative hospitality industry disrupter that prides itself on connectivity, building a world where everyone can feel that they belong wherever they may be.
Not a real review
Contractor - Customer Experience (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 6, 2018
I work as a contractor for Airbnb.
I understand and greatly appreciate the corporate culture that they created. However, as a contractor, I receive little to none of the same benefits.
Meh
Community Engagement Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 1, 2018
The entire experience was meh. Terrible leadership, very macho sexism, atleast in my team. They push you along, no real training, and everyone is just vying time to get someone else's job.
Pros
airbnb travel credit
Cons
managers
A fast paced environment where priorities change daily
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 28, 2018
The most enjoyable part of working for Airbnb, was you never knew what challenge you would come to work and have to address on any given day. Watching a company grow at the rate Airbnb did in my four years there created many unforeseen challenges that needed creative solutions that you then needed to figure out how to scale. Watching something scale, that you helped build is so rewarding and Airbnb provided an opportunity for that.
Pros
Food Program, quarterly voucher for Airbnb travel
Cons
work life balance
Great opportunity to have.
PROPERTY TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 23, 2018
It was an excellent opportunity to get a perspective of working at hospitality. the people were fantastic. I learned a great deal from my supervisor and co workers about meeting high standards ensuring every guest , no matter how casual or seasoned, left with a positive experience.
Pros
The pay structure was competitive.
Cons
Work was inconsistent.
Best job I’ve ever had.
Air Bnb superhost (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 8, 2018
Best job I’ve ever had. Working for Airbnb —-
Self-employed/ schedule the time when you want to work and how much you want to work it’s a great job and if you have a property or an extra room in your house is absolutely an amazing place to work with Airbnb covers you completely and they take care of you as a host.
Pros
Self-employed
Cons
No benefits no 401(k) no healthcare
Okay.
Call representative (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 7, 2018
This job was falsely advertised to me. They had me thinking that this is the job you should be at. They expect to much from you ath this job. This job really stresses me out.
No Clear Boundaries
ACCOUNT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHFebruary 16, 2018
While working with people from all over the world was fascinating, they needed to define the roles of each level of support more clearly. There was no consistency from day to day about what could and should be handled by each level of support ~ before trip issues and after trip/trip in process issues. Management was fair but the pay was not in tune with area trends.
Pros
Helping people around the world
Cons
Low pay levels