Airbnb Employee Reviews

A good place to work but a hard place to advance
Customer Experience (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORNovember 10, 2018
A good place to work, but a hard place to advance if you start in customer service. They care about you as people, but management is not always ready to deal with issues that arise.
Pros
Free breakfast and lunch, free health insurance, flexibility
Great company culture and fun place to work at
Tax Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 25, 2018
Life-work balance is good.
Very flexible woke place and hours.
Coworkers are willing to help each other.
They offer free meals and very healthy snacks.
This is a self run business with the extensive help of Airbnb's help and superb culture.
Owner Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia Falls, MTOctober 20, 2018
I do the work of renting my home and setting the price. I also maintain a clean, private and well kept atmosphere. Airbnb helps with anything I need. They have an online program that is near genius.
Pros
I set my price and work at home
Cons
this company is very beneficial and i advise anybody who is trying to make some quick money to apply for this company.
air bnb (Former Employee) –  Arizona, AZOctober 18, 2018
a typical day at work would be, cleaning the pool, doing the dishes, doing the laundry and the bed sheets all throughout the house, as well as fixing any shower heads or door handles that need fixing. managment was great for me because i worked with a family member. workplace culture is okay its just a regular everyday job. The hardest part of the job is fixing the pool filters and cleaning them. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you finish your work and get to see a nice clean house before walking out
Pros
Short days depending on how fast you work
Cons
some days there could be a lot that needs to be done
Surreal
Damage Claims (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COOctober 7, 2018
Bed bug outbreaks--hard to focus on your job, management has favorites, low pay--people from another work type, making 15.00/hr joined us. we were making 13.00/hr. we asked for a raise to 15 and were told no, ex cons are hired because 24-7 needs workers. don't know if the 2 were ex cons or not, but 2 men were fired, both threatened mgt/each other, so armed guards were in the building for several months.
Pros
Learn about damage claims and investigate users accounts
Cons
Bed bugs, management, culture
Great Brand, Poor Management
Individual Contributor (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 18, 2018
Management in certain departments is very bad, horrible, led by a few men that don't set up expectations, lack accountability but want results. They lack experience in the industry but don't want any feedback. There is a lack of training as Managers don't know how to utilize the skill sets of their direct reports, provide training or provide constructive feedback. There is a lot of blame when things go wrong. Wish it was better, and it seems to be getting a little better. Many managers only have Airbnb experience. The hardest part of the job is going to work everyday for leaders of the department who you don't believe in. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that I have contributed to the goal of the company.
Pros
Free food, great pay
Cons
Poor leaders in Management, no training, bad internal communication
The fun of Airbnb
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLSeptember 18, 2018
Airbnb was by fair my favorite job. From the active calls everyday at the call center. To the great people and work place i had around me all the time !
Na
Non-Trip Agent/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLSeptember 11, 2018
• Effectively utilized client’s social media and websites
• Assisted in creation and distribution of press releases and pitch letters
• Built and updated media lists and databases via Excel
• Identified and pitched media opportunities and social media influences
• Created social media calendars via Excel and micro-social media campaigns
its a job
Rental Agent (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVSeptember 10, 2018
its a decent way to get some extra money for a short in between things time, its not for a big household or a big family, more for a single person or a couple.
Start up company, growing,
N/A (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 5, 2018
- Airbnb has lots of different functions, that typically require long hours from staff.
- Compensation and benefit package is extremely competitive.
- Job roles frequently shift and change as company evolves.
- Management attempts to provide support for staff through company outings and events.
Pros
Dynamic industry, company with great reputation
Cons
Long hours, can be difficult to maintain work life balance
Airbnb Great Place to work
Outbound sales agent (Current Employee) –  Athens-Clarke County, GAAugust 30, 2018
I have enjoyed working at Airbnb. They are a great group of caring people from co-workers to management. They pay a commission on your successes. There are company get togethers throughout the year.
Pros
commission
Cons
they are closing
Not worth it.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLAugust 24, 2018
Unless you're good at sucking up to management, your hard work goes unnoticed and unappreciated. Airbnb is a great company for the service it provides, but working for them is a nightmare. They constantly change their policies, perform experiments with new features by using customer's accounts without notifying them beforehand, the list goes on.
Extremely disorganized work setting
Financial Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 16, 2018
This company is so innovative with this idea but the guidelines and procedures need more advancement to be clear and concise on what tactics show be followed by the employee.
Productive and fun with ping pong table
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COAugust 14, 2018
The working environment at 24-7 intouch is great. Sometimes work gets stressful, however, the management team does a great job with find a way to make the job easier or overcome obstacles.
Fantastic company but with shortcomings
Corporate Tax (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 13, 2018
Overall I loved my time at Airbnb. However, my time came with an overwhelming workload with little to no manager support. Small teams often mean there are no outlets to resolve overarching issues.

I'll look back on my time at Airbnb as an overall positive. Some of these types of problems with fast growing companies (especially tech) are unavoidable. But, I will always be a fan of Airbnb and believe in its future and mission, which is why I joined!
Great company
Director of Sales & Marketing (Former Employee) –  Key West, FLAugust 7, 2018
Staff is great, novelty website and company mission. I never worked at AirBnB but I work with them often as a property manager and have never had an unpleasant experience
Tiempo de Familia y Sobre todo libertad
Turismo y Hosteleria (Current Employee) –  Miami-Dade County, FLJuly 20, 2018
Me gusta y me divierte alojar gente y conocer personas de todo el mundo. También, me da satisfacción al poder guiarlos para disfrutar mejor el tiempo que van a pasar en mi cuidad y proporcionarles información de como ahorrar durante sus vacaciones. El trabajar con esta empresa me ha dado libertad para poder disfrutar mas tiempo en familia.
Low pay, no continuity of management
Priority Support Trip Experience Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 27, 2018
It seems great in the beginning, but after 1 year I have had 6 different team managers. This means everyone has different rules, and it’s impossible to build rapport with your leaders.
Airbnb review
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJune 1, 2018
Airbnb is a great company but some of the management is a bit unstable. Good hours, decent benefits/pay. Hours were reliable however shifts are first come first serve and they will fire you if you are unable to work the hours that they need, at any given time.
Pros
relaxed environment
Cons
Very political
Very good platform for temporary renting! Completely self- driven
Property Management/ Host (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 22, 2018
Airbnb provides an amazing platform for host and guest. To be a profitable host though you do all the leg work and management! You are responsible for reservations and upkeep.