Airbnb Employee Reviews

Great first job, good boss
PRIVATE OWNER (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 20, 2018
Great experience in dealing with customers; Learned how to communicate and be flexible. Really enjoyed that my boss allowed me to arrange and add small welcoming details to the apartment. He allowed me to use my talent for organizing and arranging. I loved being able to have a presentable apartment that was more than just clean.
Great way to earn extra money and meet fascinating people
Host (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VAOctober 19, 2018
Being an Airbnb host is fun, easy, and lucrative. On a day-to-day basis, all you have to do is keep the house clean, provide clean linens and towels, and be nice to people - all things which I normally do anyway.

Managing your listing includes creating and maintaining an attractive profile for your property, and responding promptly to all inquiries and booking requests.

Ask your guests every day how their stay is going and if they need anything. This keeps the lines of communication open so if they have any concerns you can address them right away rather than letting the guest become frustrated - which can result in a poor review.

What I enjoy most about this job is meeting new people from all over the country and the world. I've had guests from Germany, England, Sweden, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, and Hungary, as well as many of the US states.

It can be a bit challenging to vet your potential guests to make sure you feel comfortable with them staying in your home. A few questions through the website messaging feature usually does the trick, although occasionally a phone call or assistance from Support are required.

The Customer Support for Airbnb hosts is outstanding. I have had very positive experiences with them and they actually seem to care about your situation.

I highly recommend hosting to anyone who enjoys meeting people and can maintain a service focus in their interactions with guests.
Pros
Fun, meeting interesting people, getting to play tour guide by recommending places to visit and eat, good website
this company is very beneficial and i advise anybody who is trying to make some quick money to apply for this company.
air bnb (Former Employee) –  Arizona, AZOctober 18, 2018
a typical day at work would be, cleaning the pool, doing the dishes, doing the laundry and the bed sheets all throughout the house, as well as fixing any shower heads or door handles that need fixing. managment was great for me because i worked with a family member. workplace culture is okay its just a regular everyday job. The hardest part of the job is fixing the pool filters and cleaning them. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you finish your work and get to see a nice clean house before walking out
Pros
Short days depending on how fast you work
Cons
some days there could be a lot that needs to be done
a convenient and satisfying part time job
Vacation Rental Host (Current Employee) –  Fairhaven, MAOctober 15, 2018
A position that is based on a rental schedule but one that also requires elements of daily upkeep and communication. Monitoring the condition of the property and satisfaction of renters is required 24/7 while the rental is occupied. The indendence and social aspects of the position are enjoyable.
Pros
independence
Cons
seasonal
Surreal
Damage Claims (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COOctober 7, 2018
Bed bug outbreaks--hard to focus on your job, management has favorites, low pay--people from another work type, making 15.00/hr joined us. we were making 13.00/hr. we asked for a raise to 15 and were told no, ex cons are hired because 24-7 needs workers. don't know if the 2 were ex cons or not, but 2 men were fired, both threatened mgt/each other, so armed guards were in the building for several months.
Pros
Learn about damage claims and investigate users accounts
Cons
Bed bugs, management, culture
Great Brand, Poor Management
Individual Contributor (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 18, 2018
Management in certain departments is very bad, horrible, led by a few men that don't set up expectations, lack accountability but want results. They lack experience in the industry but don't want any feedback. There is a lack of training as Managers don't know how to utilize the skill sets of their direct reports, provide training or provide constructive feedback. There is a lot of blame when things go wrong. Wish it was better, and it seems to be getting a little better. Many managers only have Airbnb experience. The hardest part of the job is going to work everyday for leaders of the department who you don't believe in. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that I have contributed to the goal of the company.
Pros
Free food, great pay
Cons
Poor leaders in Management, no training, bad internal communication
The fun of Airbnb
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLSeptember 18, 2018
Airbnb was by fair my favorite job. From the active calls everyday at the call center. To the great people and work place i had around me all the time !
Na
Non-Trip Agent/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLSeptember 11, 2018
• Effectively utilized client’s social media and websites
• Assisted in creation and distribution of press releases and pitch letters
• Built and updated media lists and databases via Excel
• Identified and pitched media opportunities and social media influences
• Created social media calendars via Excel and micro-social media campaigns
Tons of flexibility
Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 10, 2018
It enables you to make side money while maintaining either another job, go to school, or just have a lot of overall free time. Some guests are just very difficult to assist.
its a job
Rental Agent (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVSeptember 10, 2018
its a decent way to get some extra money for a short in between things time, its not for a big household or a big family, more for a single person or a couple.
Start up company, growing,
N/A (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 5, 2018
- Airbnb has lots of different functions, that typically require long hours from staff.
- Compensation and benefit package is extremely competitive.
- Job roles frequently shift and change as company evolves.
- Management attempts to provide support for staff through company outings and events.
Pros
Dynamic industry, company with great reputation
Cons
Long hours, can be difficult to maintain work life balance
was able to go all around nyc
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 4, 2018
meet people from all places of the world , show them what new york city is about . from helping clients with there bags . to renting out cars to take them around town . to helping clients who had lost items in the household or airport . claim it
Pros
meet wondeful people
Cons
cleaning party messes
Airbnb Great Place to work
Outbound sales agent (Current Employee) –  Athens-Clarke County, GAAugust 30, 2018
I have enjoyed working at Airbnb. They are a great group of caring people from co-workers to management. They pay a commission on your successes. There are company get togethers throughout the year.
Pros
commission
Cons
they are closing
Not worth it.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLAugust 24, 2018
Unless you're good at sucking up to management, your hard work goes unnoticed and unappreciated. Airbnb is a great company for the service it provides, but working for them is a nightmare. They constantly change their policies, perform experiments with new features by using customer's accounts without notifying them beforehand, the list goes on.
Airbnb Host.
Host (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 23, 2018
Airbnb is a worldwide business that allows one (host) to rent rooms/homes at a nightly, weekly or monthly rate according to locations. I enjoy the opportunity to meet and greet guests from all cultures into my home. The hardest part of the job is at times some guests maybe harder to please than others. So you try hard to satisfy all guests because they are asked to rate the host at the end at their stay. Ratings 3 and below will penalize a host for 6 months.
Pros
The opportunity of meeting and greeting people.
Cons
At times there are some language barriers.
I so loved meeting so many people from around the world. I hope they all had a great experience staying at the Air BnB in Richardson Texas;
Manager (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXAugust 17, 2018
I was sub-contracter Manager at an Air BnB in Richardson TX.. I was responsible for preparing rooms for guest and meeting them to tell them about the amenities supplies at the house. Kept the residence clean. Cleaning living areas, bathrooms,kitchen and laundry room. Maintaining trash pick up and pest control. Built a inviting and friendly atmosphere for guest. The hardest part of the job was in saying goodbye to longtime guest. I had a great time working with this Air BnB house because i was able to meet people from all around the U.S.and also from many other countries. I was very lucky to have had my time working for this Air BnB.
Pros
meeting people from many different countries
Cons
no health care, low pay
Extremely disorganized work setting
Financial Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 16, 2018
This company is so innovative with this idea but the guidelines and procedures need more advancement to be clear and concise on what tactics show be followed by the employee.
Productive and fun with ping pong table
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COAugust 14, 2018
The working environment at 24-7 intouch is great. Sometimes work gets stressful, however, the management team does a great job with find a way to make the job easier or overcome obstacles.
Fantastic company but with shortcomings
Corporate Tax (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 13, 2018
Overall I loved my time at Airbnb. However, my time came with an overwhelming workload with little to no manager support. Small teams often mean there are no outlets to resolve overarching issues.

I'll look back on my time at Airbnb as an overall positive. Some of these types of problems with fast growing companies (especially tech) are unavoidable. But, I will always be a fan of Airbnb and believe in its future and mission, which is why I joined!
Stressful but good money
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 9, 2018
Air b and b can be stressful and not always reliable, running an air b and b requires a lot of work and guests don't always follow the rules but over can be a positive experience.