Airbus Group

United States229 reviews

Found 229 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,856 reviews
europebenefitcultureexcellentteamlevelopportunitytravel

Great Company

Airbus Group is now Satair Group. I enjoyed my job there very much and the only reason I left was for a higher salary with another company. I would highly recommend this company.

Pros

Employee benefits

Cons

Too many meetinngs

Trabajar en un ambiente serio

mucha seriedad en una empresa con altos secretos technicos.Se requiere buena presencia y buenos modales.

Airbus Group insights

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Feeling of personal appreciation

What is the best part of working at the company?Being around airplanesWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?No strategy or vision and inconsistent messages from one org to another.What is the work environment and culture like at the company?There is a noticeable disconnect from the European corporate culture that is Airbus and the local workforce in Mobile. This creates frequent misunderstanding, an unclear vision and unnecessary stress in growing the operations and unfortunately has resulted in above normal turnover rates in the workforce. There is also little to no opportunity for growth within the company due to the need to hire externally and grow the labor force. The European leadership team makes the majority of the decisions on behalf of the US workforce, which often don't serve the employees well. What is a typical day like for you at the company?I did very little due to the fact that I was often tasked with projects that would either be sent to another team to work or there was little to no buy in from the production team on my initiatives due to the frequent need to keep busy on the line.

Good people; Good technology; Not always a clear direction

Airbus is a huge organization with multiple divisions and your experience will vary significantly on which silo you're in. The leadership in the EU of my division steers the North American road-map and, in my opinion, doesn't care about the needs of its remote offices.

Pros

Good benefits; Good people

Cons

The direction is often unclear and there's not a good strategic plan

Gear company with great benefits

I have worked with Airbus Helicopters for a year and half now. I have it found the company has excellent insurance and and benefits. 3 weeks vacation from day one. In addition you receive 6-7 days worth of personal time. Great pay and coworkers. Very diverse work environment which the company greatly supports. Overall a great company.

Pros

1 hour lunch. For some positions remote work available.

Cons

None really I have encountered

Policies are not implemented uniformly across all teams

Rules vary, depending on lower level management' personal preferences. Work/ life balance is not a benefit that is enjoyed by everyone. Diversity is lacking in management population.

Pros

Located where the cost of living is still cheap

Cons

Work/life balance is only a fantasy

Good Company

Solid work environment. Very clean Strong team to wok with. Someone always there to help if you can not solve the issue. Has a very nice restaurant facility.

Great culture and environment! Good pay for the area, great benefits, a sense of being part of a greater purpose!

I started working for Airbus as a temporary employee 11 years ago, was made permanent 3 months later. I still like going to work. I find my job satisfying and overall enjoyable! I love the people. It’s one of the best parts of my job. The benefits are super and the company covers a lot of the expenses. Perks include 401K match and discretionary contributions once a year (right around 7% of your annual pay), year end bonus, great time off for holidays, vacation, and personal time bank! Overall, I would say it’s an absolutely awesome place to work! I hope I get to retire from there!

Great company with a wide range of technologies

Great company to work for, lots of mobility options across various global divisions. Attract great talent especially if you work for Airbus Defence and Space. Other divisions are equally advanced as well.

Pros

Benefits, global presence, mobility and culture

Cons

Process heavy

Management is a joke, high stress job with bullies!!

Management was clueless of how to run the department. They would lie to your face, telling you one thing and then changing their minds if the other bully employees didn't like it. It was high school back stabbing daily, 3 bullies basically run Management because I think they are scared of them. Pay was good but not worth the high stress level you deal with daily. Not a good work/life balance. If you like being bullied, pushed around, talked about and lied to work here!

Pros

Pay is good and overtime was approved. Bought lunches every month.

Cons

High school feel, back stabbing, bullied. Feel on edge daily and the work stress to get it done is way too much.

Interesting projects, stressful environment

The tasks are at the begining challenging, but after years of work, days start to look unlike, if it is not that more stress is felt. In case of problems, you might not find the time to sleep.

Productive and trash

Not a good home and work life balance and low pay for the work. Opportunities are not what they say you will get looked over no matter how hard you work

Fun place

No union, upper management is horrible, pay is unfair fun work place good place for young licensed mechanics strict safety policies are in place at all times

Very good place to work. Many advancement opportunities, excellent benefits, great management support, good work life balance etc. Even vacation policy is some of the best.

Pros

Work life balance, management support basically everything.

Cons

Honestly, nothing bad to say

Full-Stack Developer Intern

I was hired as a Full-Stack Developer Intern. During my short period there, I was able to learn a lot from my mentor. My mentor was very cool, motivating and professional.

Pros

Free Coffee, Flexible schedule

Fast paced, challenging. You can see the difference your work makes.

Great fast paced work environment with lots of unique challenges to break up the routine monotony. Company work culture is very nurturing and encourages personal as well as professional growth. High retention and career advancement opportunities. Management leaves room for improvement, not completely useless but they seem to prioritize "yes men" for leadership roles.

Pros

Great benefits and company culture.

Cons

Management chain could use technical/interpersonal development

Great company’s

Great company to work for management is great would encourage anyone who can work there that is all I can say. Great company great pay great benefits

Managers use you to achieve their goals. Instead of supporting you, when you are struggling they increase the pressure.

Cooperation between different sites is not very well developed. the sites in France and Germany think they know it all and disregard the specific requirements of the subsideries. You spend a lot of time finding out what higher management would like you to do, because the flow down of information is miserable.

Pros

great benefits

Cons

mid level management does often not have good leadership skills.

Productive and nice work environment

The managers were fair and nice. Good work environment. And they give you freedom to learn new things and do good to local community in terms of serving the high school or showing them how to build a plane. The company is too conscious of their brand. One cons was to start too early to support European counterparts early in the morning including during time change (sometimes had to start early at 6:00 am and conduct meetings) and long hours of work because Friday was a half day. The company had more than 50 percent contractors and less direct employees. Also, the company had paid huge fines for misusing European sops, had lost battle at WTO and had corruption going on at top level where a top level marketing executive had used unscrupulous means to obtain contract.

Pros

Friday and frequent lunches, get together, nice work environment etc

Cons

Early start during the day for work.

Fun place to work

I was an intern here for a short period (cut off due to covid) and I loved it. It was slow due to work so I did not get to experience a "regular" day. The pay was fair and most of the people were great.

Pros

Lots of breaks, diverse place, fair pay

Perfect for personnel new to Industry

Perfect place to start out for those newly entering the aviation industry. If you are experienced in this industry then you may want to consider other companies if compensation and opportunity for growth are something you value. Current management is not supported with tools needed to succeed.

Pros

Medical Benefits

Cons

Lacks teamwork and tools needed for success

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Airbus Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.1 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.7Personal Development
3.5Career Opportunities
2.8Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare Airbus Group with

Airbus Group reviews by popular job title

• Airbus Group