Airbus Group Employee Reviews

Found 137 reviews matching the search See all 1,189 reviews
Good place to work!
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXJanuary 6, 2019
I worked there for 2 years, but was laid off due to cut back in the company. It was a good place to work for the time that I was there. I would recommend someone to work there.
Pros
Management, benefits
Impressive work was not enough
Intern - Quality (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALDecember 27, 2018
I worked for the Mobile, AL site of Airbus.

I used a lot of Tableau and Excel, I worked as an intern, balancing about 25 hours of work while taking 19 hours of Engineering classes. I drove an average of 10 hours a week to get back and forth, because I live out of state.

My managers were consistently impressed with my work, and knew that my contract was running out soon.

Somehow, they figured out that there wasn't enough work to make me full time between the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays.

They wanted to keep me as an intern, making $16.50 an hour.

There was no time to look for anything else within the company, and I was told about the apprenticeship program, as I was making my way out the door.

It would have been nice to continue, if they could've been industry competitive, I would have stayed.

The best part of the job is the fact that they let me work in my cubicle without making me socialize.

The worst part of the job was they complained about the fact that I don't socialize to everyone but me.

The workplace culture was pretty relaxed, if you don't count the fact that they threw a party with Prosecco and cake on Sept 11, to 'celebrate the advances of the aviation industry'.

In some ways, I'm sad to leave, in some ways, I can't wait to get away.

Their IT team was excellent. They showed me different things about the system, and let me work with them on a large project in my last week. i got to put some of that work on my resume, and they sent me out the door with a lot of experience and notes on what places I should go next.

I'm
  more... sad to leave, and glad it's over.  less
Pros
Relaxed work environment, free coffee and tea, 25 cent sodas
Cons
Sept 11 party: >3, 000 people died, but it was Boeing, not Airbus
A good place to work
Implementation Mgr Border Guard Development (Former Employee) –  Ar RiyāhḍDecember 17, 2018
Overall a good place to work. Good hours and good benefits. This project had a very internal political drawbacks. This ultimately has an impact on the outcome and efficiency of the project. Motivation of the staff suffered due to this. The timeline of the project was grossly overrun by more than 5 years.
Fast Pace, Professional and Friendly Environment
Helpdesk Technician – Level II (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VADecember 17, 2018
I worked there for over 6 years, and so far it's the best job I've ever had. Superb company and great people to work with. They also have great benefits and make it a point to recognize hard working employees.
Good manager and colleague
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Toulouse Corner, MEOctober 31, 2018
Good manager and colleagues

I really appreciate working for Airbus as a subcontractor. I am involved in access granting and feeding the database. The manager is very good.
interesting and fast pace place to work
Purchasing / Procurement Expeditor (Current Employee) –  Mobile, AL 36615October 17, 2018
The environment is semi relaxed, but does have deadlines to meet objective goals . The employees are amazing and helpful with any situation or questions you have .
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
long drive to work
People oriented organization
Currently Head of Static Stress (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSOctober 8, 2018
Airbus America Engineering is a great place to work as a direct engineer. Very low turnover is evidence that the engineers are happy with the working environment that includes good salaries and some of the best benefits.
Pros
Excellent work environment.
Cons
Interfacing with European colleagues.
Fun work place
AVIATION MECHANIC (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALOctober 3, 2018
Learning a lot about Aviation here it’s a great culture,people, and clean place to work. Airbus provides you with adequate training for the job you’re doing through AIDT
Good place but currently in transition.
Sr. Manager, Services & Sales Support H-65 PM (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXSeptember 17, 2018
Company is in transition. This causes some stress and insecurity for the future. This is a subsidiary of Airbus and thus opportunities are limited. The recent new aircraft sales are down. This is an additional rip for future opportunities.
Great place to intern and learn new things
NDGAI (Site Management) & ProtoSpace Intern (Former Employee) –  HamburgSeptember 4, 2018
I worked there for 8 weeks as an international intern. I learned a lot about sustainable energy, how to laser cut, and how to 3D print. The people were very friendly and helpful as well.
over all
production engineer (Current Employee) –  Columbus, MSAugust 30, 2018
Overall a good place to work, with great benefits. The business is growing rapidly with new commercial customers and contracts from the military. Good place
Busy and Fast paced environment.
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXAugust 30, 2018
*A typical day at work would be, coming in checking emails and going over schedules for the day. Preparing meeting room (ordering breakfast, lunch, etc.). Booking travel. Doing expense reports for team.
*While it is busy and there is always something to do. The workplace culture is relax and family like within departments.
great place to work
Aircraft Structures Stress Analyst (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSAugust 13, 2018
wonderful people willing to help. had the equipment and the data to support of the work. disorganized sometime ago. recent relocation should improve situation.
Chief Cybersecurity Architect/Chief Network Arch (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VAAugust 8, 2018
Great place to work. Benefits are outstanding

Company reimburses for college.

Flexible family time. Vacations are giving with no issues.

401k matching
Pros
Take care of people
Cons
nothing
European company not for me
Vice President of Business Development (Current Employee) –  San Ramon, CAAugust 6, 2018
Tough working with the French, as the cultural differences were much worse than I thought. This is even though I speak fluent French and understand the culture to some degree. If you're not French or German, you're not advancing in this company.
Was Once Great
Manufacturing (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXAugust 3, 2018
This was truly a great place to work. Numerous retirements in the senior management team and really poor hires from the outside have destroyed the culture and led to regular reductions in the workforce.
Pros
Great colleagues
Cons
Completely lacking in leaders
Assembly Technician (Former Employee) –  Kinston, NCJuly 30, 2018
Learned a lot of skills through hands on work....great communication. great benefits. reasonable overtime work. Paid vacation time off. Very safe environment to work.
They promote primarily from Europe
Contract Manager (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJuly 9, 2018
Unfortunately promote primarily from Europe to the U.S. and not vs-versa.
Benefits are outstanding.
High turnover of upper management in short spans of time
Great Employer
Civil Programs Aircraft Allocation Controller (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXJune 24, 2018
Love working here! The company has the best healthcare benefits and cares about its employees. I have worked here for over ten years and have enjoyed all of it.
Airbus
Aircraft Structural Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALJune 24, 2018
Airbus is a good company. i got multiple raises. i got paid time off. The hours were somewhat flexible. I get 3 bonuses a year. the management is good in some areas
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Managment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Airbus Group. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

3.3Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight