Aires Employee Reviews

aires
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZ 85719June 4, 2018
AIRES gave me the opportunity to better myself. This company is like the rest competing for staff to work. They do not remember there status like there old staff do. EMPATHY.... Staff are lacking this in every company and AIRES is not better. They dont show support to their staff as well no company like this does. SO becareful what you wish for.. The grass is not greener on the other side.
Training and Vacations with the members
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 4, 2018
We had the pleasure of taking members on vacations out state. The members became like family to staff after working with them for a long period of time.
Very Stressful
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 9, 2018
No work life balance unless you don't care about your job. The more you work the more they expect. Only give you credit for things you do wrong and never congratulate when you accomplish large goals.
Pros
Saturday and Sundays if you don't have to work
Cons
Mondays through Friday
Competitive
Procurement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COMarch 29, 2018
great place to work and learn. Management is respectfull and always willing to help. challenging environment at times and workplace culture was usually upbeat.
Small service business
Program Director (Former Employee) –  Casa Grande, AZMarch 28, 2018
Overall I really enjoyed my experience with AIRES. I am helping my daughter apply for a job with them. I had a lot of changes to my personal life during my employment and needed more time at home and better medical benefits. I expanded on my hiring/interviewing techniques. The hardest part of the job was scheduling staff to meet the needs of the consumers. The most enjoyable part of the job was the corporate and local staff members.
Pros
Autonomy with managing my department.
Cons
Medical benefits.
productive and fun place to work
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Sierra Vista, AZFebruary 15, 2018
I loved the clients and the employees but one of the employees didn't like I was so helpful to other employees and wanted me to let them get in trouble for not doing there job and I explained to her that we are a team and that's what a team leader does.
Pros
wonderful clients
Cons
employees
Its heavy lifting and the faster you get done the faster you get home. so you are in control of you hours.
Home Appliance Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Selden, NY 11784February 14, 2018
you learn a lot about plumbing and electrical work in a short time and once you have those skills down you are in multiple new costumers houses every day. so you can offer your new skills as side work and that is how you can make the real money(depending on your skill level). but if you decide to just simply get by then you can have (other than the physically demanding part) a very quick and easy day most of the time with good pay and tips if you present yourself well. so in summery if you want to be in control of how much you make and how long you work, enjoy physical labor and want to become a handy man this is a great opportunity.
Pros
its a great learning opportunity, it pays well, some days laughably easy and some days are a challenge.
Cons
its long island these people are savages, (example: we are simply a delivery and installation crew, but often we will have customers shout and cuss at us, because they didn't measure properly before purchasing there appliance, or the sales person sold them a product that wont fit, we are not involved in that process at all, so all we can do is smile apologize and offer the possible solution, don't take it personally and you'll be fine.
Care Giver (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZ 85719February 13, 2018
It's is a really good place to work, you can grow alot once you there for almost a year. Really flexible with your schedule. Also they give you PTO sick days and vacation days
Not the best work place...
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Sierra Vista, AZNovember 8, 2017
Working for the company has great intentions, and is rewarding for an individual who can see the value. The company is a profit organization and I do not feel like the best goes out to the consumers because Aires is also focused on making money. When a client doesn't use all the money in one month Aires gives them, they take it back and it doesn't roll over. So if a consumer for some reason cannot get a job to earn more money they get about $25 a month to do any activities and god help them if they needed to buy shoes or clothes because then activities and daily life has now gone out the window. They preach giving a happy full life to consumers, but they wont even provide extra for a consumer who needs more than what they are willing to give in the first place. And there is no possible way to save money for a consumer because if you didn't spend it Aires gets it back. The future at Aires can be secure as long as you are willing to work way more than what you're being paid for. I work two shifts of 15 hours which is awesome and allows me to be home for my children, but the amount of work I put in for a minimum wage job isn't worth moving up when I would only get about a dollar raise to do everything I already do and more. When you become a manager you are on call at all times. And the upper management will not treat those managers with respect either. If a problem happens it will always be someone else's fault not the company's and if you have all your duck in a row to make sure they do not blame you, they will find another means to fire you and make it legitimate.
Relaxed job
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZOctober 4, 2017
relaxing job consist of preparing meals, administering medication, finding activities to do throughout the day with clients. Hours are not so flexible and tough to get a raise.
Good Company Overall
Policy and Property Consultant, CRP (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 28, 2017
Stress level level is not worth the pay. They brag about diversity in the work place and how many women they have employed, except all but one team lead is a female. How is that diverse?!
Pros
room for advancace
Cons
good luck on your promotion if you're a straight male
Enjoyable experience with consumers
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Sierra Vista, AZSeptember 5, 2017
Working with people with disabilities is so rewarding and to have an opportunity to make living their better was great. Able to learn and sharpen my management skills.
Pros
Experience to work with consumers and problem solve at times high risk situations.
Cons
Very long hours.
AIRES is a great place to work. They finally have upper management that is competent, caring and honest. The company has changed incredibly .
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  Sierra Vista, AZAugust 9, 2017
Taking care of vulnerable adults is so rewarding. The Program Directors and managers really support us in the work we do. They can be overworked, and stressed but they appear to love their job. Ive been with AIRES 8 years, and the last two years the company has improved. Wages are low, but our work is inadequetly funded by the government, so AIRES really has no control over pay.
Pros
Helping others
Cons
Low pay
Poor place
Senior web developer (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 11, 2017
Poor place. Had a lot of abusive management practices.

Pay was low, and raises were lousy.

Some managers thought they owned their employees, and weren't shy about lying about their performances.
Unorganized operation
Relocation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 29, 2017
Summer was the busiest time of year so vacations were frowned upon. Training was poor and after 2 weeks of it you still did not know how to do your job and had to depend on others for guidance. It was mostly learn as you go.
Pros
relaxed atmostphere
Cons
poor training
Standard
Direct Support Provider (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 13, 2017
The company was ok. Just had to put up with office politics.
Had problems in the house and it was not handled correctly. There really isn't much to say. I have since reapplied with them and they do not give me a response back because they ended up paying me unemployment
Beware
Care Provider (Former Employee) –  Casa Grande, AZJune 10, 2017
Aires is a place to work if you just need to have a job that you enjoy helping others that can't help themselves. Meaning the clients that you work with can on occasion hit, kick and really hurt you. Over looking that, the management will leave you understaffed and blame you for the problem.
Pros
Helping others
Cons
Management don't care
dsp
Take Consumers to Doctor Appointments (Former Employee) –  Prescott Valley, AZJune 6, 2017
We would cook, take patients to appointments, and other activities. These are just a few of the things that we would do while on shift. Each shift is required to different things.
Productive and a nice place to work
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Prescott Valley, AZMay 20, 2017
I would take the patients out to do activities. I have learned how talk to people more. Management was ok. It was nice place to work. The hardest part of the job was dealing with behaviors. The best part about the job was going to the movies with the patients.
Pros
A lot of down time
Cons
Behaviors from patients, and not so good management
Fullfilling way to help our community
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Sierra Vista, AZMay 18, 2017
Management is poor, and the pay/benefits leaves something to be desired. Overall though i found the work fulfilling, and even outright fun. The relationships formed with our "Consumers" continue to have a profound effect on my life.