Play YouTube video button

Airgas Employee Reviews

Found 1,116 reviews matching the search See all 1,134 reviews
Featured review
Airgas selected this as a representative review
Wonderful place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXApril 27, 2018
The employees are great to work with. The safety culture is amazing. The continued training is excellent. The benefits package is outstanding. I wish I did not leave.
Pros
Safety is #1
Productive and fun place to work, ping pong table
Inventory Control Lead (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAMarch 19, 2019
Airgas is a great company the working environment is great and competitive.

Over time is an option and over time on Saturdays is an option too.

Friendly people who work and mind their own business.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Not enough Supervisors
A good company regret leaving
Plant Manager (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXMarch 18, 2019
they have since been bought out. I learned a lot there. at the time management had a good feel to provide tools for customer service. always felt supported
Pros
lots of opportunities
Cons
not to many
unreasonable demands
Safety Technician (Former Employee) –  Denver, CO 80207March 17, 2019
Long hours and MGMT was never satisfied with the results. If harassing employees benefits the bottom line they will be profitable in the Denver office.
Pros
good pay
Cons
hostel management.
Unprofessional
Driver (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVMarch 15, 2019
DONT DO IT!!!! Management has 0, I mean 0 clue! They were short handed the whole time I was there and will make you do the work of others. And tell the workers just do the best you can. WHAAAAT??!! NO FORMAL TRAINING!! It's learn as you go, and if you mess something up then you get blamed even though they didnt train you on that specific job. YOU'VE BEEN WARNED, DONT DO IT!!!! Pay sucks, everyone wanted to leave or at least talked about it. LOT OF TURNOVER! DO YOUR HOMEWORK ON THE COMPANIES TURNOVER RATE! THAT'S A SIGN!!
Pros
1 hr lunch
Cons
Everything else
Store Manager was nerve wrecking
Box Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Warrensville Heights, OHMarch 14, 2019
the Store Manager was very unorganized and very hyper. I was not told I would be driving over 2 hrs away to make my deliveries and was constantly driving over allotted hours according to DOT rules and regulations
Pros
good pay/benefits
Cons
bad store manager
A company that wants to be good
Assistant Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 12, 2019
Generally, a decent company depending on your position. As long as you are a man and ok with being told no one is ever better than good, it's a pleasant enough place to work.
Good pay, greedy business
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 12, 2019
The pay was good, but I did not agree with how things were run. The pricing strategies didn't make sense for what they wanted to accomplish. Especially since there's several competitors that are willing to promise the world and offer dirt cheap prices to your customers. A lot of good ole boy mentality.
Pros
You can manage yourself in outside sales
Cons
sometimes unrealistic and contradicting expectations
It fund to work
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAMarch 11, 2019
I been working here at Airgas for too many years it kind a boring job , now looking for new challenges .
I’m looking for some thing new and start my new carrear
Relaxed Office environment
SALES SUPPORT SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 5, 2019
Casual Fridays, Somewhat flexible with setting outside appointments and making up time to go to them- Comfortable small office with onsite parking and break room
Low morale. Lots of fights broke out
Quality Control Inspector/pick-pack (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, OHMarch 2, 2019
Poor management.Lots of favoritism. Could care less about the employees.They ARE JUST a body filling a space.Management will demean and embarras you in front of your coworkers.They think they know everything and the people who are actually doing the job know nothing.
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
Management will make up reasons to fire you.
No good communication from top to bottom. Management more importantly.
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, COMarch 2, 2019
They need more communication from management to employees. When employees say something manager ignores what the daily job entails and does not listen to employees on there take of there job areas.
Pros
Great timea vacation and benefits
Cons
Management and no communication
Revolving Door Depending on Your Manager
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Germantown, WIMarch 1, 2019
Place was unprofessional, racist, sexist, just not recommended. The Managers are often caddy, unprofessional, and play favorites often. An employee would exceed expectations but only receive credit if the Manager specifically liked them outside of the workplace. Also witnessed multiple moments of racism within the Management Teams. When advised of this, oddly more persons of color began to be hired. Seemed forced in order to cover up the lack of diversity in this LARGE call center.
Pros
Starting pay around $17/hour and great training programs
typical day
Life-Science Outlook-Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Linthicum Heights, MDFebruary 28, 2019
meet in the morning with the team, go over what was expected for that day. Come up with a smart game plan, keep communication open so we can get the job done and put out unexpected fires. meet up, if necessary, to prep for the following day. discuss other ideas to make everyone's job easier. One of the most difficult things about the job if we are down a man or two and a bunch of things come up unplanned. The easiest part of the job is when were ahaead of the driver and waiting on the last bit of the day's work.
Pros
freedom
Cons
getting extra help
Terrible company to work for
Hazmat Tanker Driver (Current Employee) –  Granite City, ILFebruary 27, 2019
I came to Airgas because I was getting overworked at the last tanker company I came from with a lot of promises for a better work environment which turned out to be completely false. You run on average 12 to 14 hours a day when additional weekend work is pushed on you continuously. Management and the bosses above treat you like you are just a regular dumb truck driver and any complaints or help needed will be denied and basically laughed at behind your back. Compensation was low until we threatened to go Union on them, once they gave us a tiny bump and pay they didn't keep any of the other promises to try and keep us from going Union. Work culture is terrible because everyone is so disgruntled they don't get along and it is very tense. The worst part is they put cameras in our truck even with our perfect safety record. The only reason to do a decent job there is because of the constant threat of being fired. I wouldn't recommend this job to anyone, sounds good until you get here and realize you were stuck in a company that looks at you as if you are a number instead of a name. Plus the management talks to you like you are garbage and then laughs about it.
Cons
Cameras, mediocre pay, poor work environment, no advancement, terrible management, long hours with lots of weekend work and overnights
Stressful
Driver, counter person (Current Employee) –  MissouriFebruary 26, 2019
Stressful environment with no advancement. A good job if you just want a paycheck. Management is somewhat out of touch and they expect to much at times
Cons
Managers hold you back
Job is only good for getting CDL experience otherwise save your body and time.
Driver (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILFebruary 24, 2019
This job is pretty much meant for 20 somethings looking for experience. The company beats you up and expects you to be safe but quick. God forbid you may forget one of their 50 volume sets of rules, they will crucify you. You are very rarely if ever thanked for breaking your back daily, other than when Airgas buys donuts for monthly meetings to tell you where you need to do better and/or be safer. They have gains shares that you will almost never get because some department that has nothing to do with yours cant consistently hit their numbers or goals. You delivery dangerous gases and liquids in some of the worst conditions to some of the most difficult areas imaginable. If there is a nice dock for normal deliveries, your delivery spot will be on the other side of the building, where it's littered with any combination of pot holes, spider webs, wasps, grease, hoses, ice, rain, forklifts etc. Some deliveries will be by hand down stairs even though they say it's not done at Airgas. You will have to drag the cylinders through mud, grease, cobbled or broken walkways, up or down curbs, with overhead cranes and welders and such all around. Into a cubby hole area of hot filthy businesses. Some businesses will be a labyrinth others will be vast corridors. That's the majority not minority of delivery areas. Benefits are good but good luck if you need to use them. Pay is not equal to what is asked of you. I've seen many good drivers come and go during my time here at Airgas turn over is high for a reason.
Pros
Benefits, work life balance, some equipment
Cons
Management, pay, wear an tear on the body
Horrible Place to work
Specialty gas Lab Tech (Current Employee) –  La Porte, TXFebruary 21, 2019
This place was messed up from the start.It took them 2 months to correct my check with the shift differential pay. If you have any type of experience they throw you right in without training you. Then when you mess up its heres what you did wrong figure out yourself how to fix it. Then when it comes time to bonuses( which they do quarterly if they like you) if the plant manager doesnt have your information you got left out of the bonus. I personally have no idea how this place has remained open. There is one good manager and hes the lab night shift manager, the rest have their head so far up their own butts or the plant managers you cant tell where the begin or end. I am personally doing everything in my power to leave this company as soon as possible.
Pros
Holidays and most weekends off
Growing company
Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 18, 2019
Currently owned by Air Liquide and the combined companies are doing over $20 billion in yearly revenue. Airgas is continuing to acquire additional companies.
Cylinder Gas Specialists
Automation Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cheshire, CTFebruary 18, 2019
This Company also recently merged with AirLiquide to become a global player. They specialize in cylinder gas applications as well as welding applications and have a very well defined product offering. As a manufacturer they can leverage their position to be competitive.
I enjoyed my work at Airgas and departed for Family health reasons.
Pros
National Footprint in NA
Cons
Comapny Car Policy Pays Less Than IRS Rate
Inside Sales, Bowling Green, KY
Inside sales (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KY 42101February 18, 2019
Worked for them 16 years. Fast paced. No two days were the same. Open the store, close the store. Takes phone calls, faxes, and e-mails. My managers were great, and listened to me.
Pros
Customers and coworkers
Cons
high turnover

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Airgas. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

2.3Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

67%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss