Airgas Employee Reviews

Found 1,005 reviews matching the search See all 1,019 reviews
Featured review
Airgas selected this as a representative review
Wonderful place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXApril 27, 2018
The employees are great to work with. The safety culture is amazing. The continued training is excellent. The benefits package is outstanding. I wish I did not leave.
Pros
Safety is #1
Airgas
INVENTORY HARD GOODS MANAGER/SALES SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNAugust 16, 2018
Good employees, good product, new management that was weak, we hit our bonus the only times when they were looking for a manager. New management and newest employees were let go.
good place to work
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAAugust 16, 2018
Results oriented Business Development Professional with demonstrated success in various sales and marketing roles of increasing responsibility. Very high paced
Great business with great associates and fabulous leadership!
Plant Manager (Former Employee) –  Renton, WAAugust 12, 2018
What a wonderful professional experience. I had the opportunity to build a great leadership team, initiate a site-specific vision and mission, develop and drive business metrics and initiated a large number of lean improvements that addressed safety, quality, cost (especially overtime, plant productivity and route efficiencies) and delivery.

Sadly I had to resign to address fallout from a death in my immediate family (daughter's husband).

My direct leadership offered me an extended leave, but I couldn't say with any certainty how much time I would need and didn't feel it fair to the business.
Pros
Full autonomy to make changes/improvements
Cons
Driver recruiting (very tight CDL market)
Great for short term
Loader (Current Employee) –  NYAugust 12, 2018
If you’re looking for a job to fill a gap between jobs, than this is the place for you. They do not promote from within. Only chance to move up, is to relocate. Health insurance sucks! High monthly payments and high deductibles.
Pros
Good entry level pay
Cons
Healthcare, pay, management, communication, the list goes on.....
Stay Away
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 6, 2018
Hard to believe a company this size has zero forward thinking Leaders in management, and is still trying to operate the way they did in 1975. Add that along with No CRM, No Training and no idea how to operate in today's market, and you've got a colossal ship that is bound to sink...
I have learned so much in many years with the company
Cryogenic Technician (Current Employee) –  La Porte, TXAugust 4, 2018
Lots of driving with this position, I have learned so much in all the years I have worked with the company. There have been many turn overs. I enjoy working with the company, but I am looking for changes.
Good work environment
Safety Coordinator / Rescue Tech (Current Employee) –  Deer Park, TXAugust 2, 2018
Typical workday would begin with knowing the job by making a walk-thru with the plant operators to make a specific safety / rescue plan for the job. Get the contractors / work crew together to go over hazards and safety. I learned that no person is injury proof and anyone can get hurt on the job. Complacency can get a worker in big trouble. My management team is great and willing to work with me when flexible hours are needed. Most enjoyable part of my job would have to be the travel portion and being able to see different parts of the country
Once again no comment
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAJuly 31, 2018
I have no comments to make regarding this company. I was only there as a contactor, for a very short time. Help with the move to Kronos time clock..
fast paced
Industrial Gas and cylinder driver (Former Employee) –  La Porte, TXJuly 30, 2018
Nice safe place to work. I learned a lot about safety and learned a lot about the oil and gas industry. Work place environment was friendly family type. Hardest part about the job was probably the working in all weather conditions. The best part of the job would be working with your co workers and satisfying our customers.
Pros
working around good people
Cons
working in different weather conditions
Always Something To Do
Airgas Associate (Current Employee) –  USAJuly 25, 2018
Training is very minimal. Learn by doing (success or failure). Very little OJT. Management asks your opinion, but never acts on suggestions for improvement. They run the entire region WAY too lean. Causing issues when team members leave for new children, family emergencies and even vacations.
Pros
Health benefits and ROTH 401K option
Cons
You are always not doing enough and the target is always moving
good work place to start
Onsight Sales Manager/Driver (Former Employee) –  Texas City, TXJuly 25, 2018
nice place to work and get a good start, good people every body is willing to help . Bosses treated employees good . the best part was making new friends and learning new things
good job security, consistent schedule.
Lead Operator and Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Pixley, CAJuly 20, 2018
I like my job here. But I am always looking for bigger and better opportunities. In Order to move up in this company i have to be willing to relocate anywhere or travel and a consistent basis. These are things im just not interested in.
Pros
pay, hours, experience and ability to learn
Cons
On call, working weekends
Airgas has huge potential. Unfortunately its managed horribly,
Outbound Lead (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, OHJuly 20, 2018
The job itself versus pay is acceptable. The skill and training developed from preforming multiple jobs is not recognized financially. The rules and regulations are not enforced equally. Its an auto pilot atmosphere with little to no management. The company itself has the right design to succeed, The ability to promote within doesn't exist, at least within my 12 years here, I've never seen it at any location. All in all, It's an acceptable step to where you might be going, but I strongly suggest not investing in it as a career move.
Pros
Paid time off. Especially for management
Cons
No advancement, no management
Staff Accountant- Cash (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 19, 2018
Work was always professional and well defined. you came in know where you were at and what needed to be done. help was always available if you came across somethign you couldnt solve or needed help with.
Excellent work
Driver (Former Employee) –  Hyattsville, MD 20781July 18, 2018
Airgas is a stable strong work enviroment.with excellent pay. along as you do your job they will back you. All yopu have to do is follow there rules the job will go easy
Airgas synopsis
SC New Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCJuly 15, 2018
Airgas is the nation's largest industrial, medical, bulk & specialty gases and welding equipment supplier. WIth operations in every state, Airgas has capacity to be a strategic, national supplier for larger, multiple site companies. Product lines range from MRO consumables to safety products, industrial power tools, and even janitorial supplies. Airgas' size offers any customer deeper discount opportunities due to purchasing volumes than other competitors in the marketplace. My 24 years have taken me from a customer service role at the inception of my tenure with the company to many various managerial roles with upward responsibility. Airgas is a quality company which has given me numerous opportunities to grow and earn promotable position potentials.
Great place to work.
LOADER/SORTER (Current Employee) –  Angleton, TXJuly 11, 2018
Great place to work, but its extremely hot. But then again its Texas. Work is easy if you stay on top of it. If you don't, you'll be buried alive and have to work really hard to catch up.
n/a
Special Handling Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJuly 9, 2018
The job is tedious. I learned how companies receive and pay out money in connect of relationships and contracts the have with smaller companies. I having my own personal space to work
competitive and lack of advantage
Customer Master and Price Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 9, 2018
Lack of management skills and management will not help people to growth professionally. Very unfair the work distribution. Always a lot to learn when it comes to SAP.
Pros
job secure
Cons
healthcare, no maternity leave
Wonderful people but Micro Managed
Bulk Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 4, 2018
Airgas has a large number of employees and for the most part everyone works together well. Recently there have been management changes and it has changed the overall direction of the company. It has changed from customer focused to process focused.
Pros
Wonderful employees
Cons
Micro Managed by Management and less customer focus and interaction

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Airgas. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

2.0Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss