Play YouTube video button

Airgas Employee Reviews

Found 1,040 reviews matching the search See all 1,055 reviews
Featured review
Airgas selected this as a representative review
Wonderful place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXApril 27, 2018
The employees are great to work with. The safety culture is amazing. The continued training is excellent. The benefits package is outstanding. I wish I did not leave.
Pros
Safety is #1
Great Company, expect what you are willing to work for.
District Manager (Current Employee) –  IowaOctober 15, 2018
Great company, lot of changes since Air Liquide bought them out, senior leadership does a great job. Area leadership could work harder to let their mid level management team make business decisions, that are vital to their success
Pros
Good product and training
Cons
Area leadership not understanding the fields needs.
Overbearing parent company/ rules, etc.. Poor worker morale.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Duluth, MNOctober 15, 2018
As a Driver the demand is too great at Airgas due to their understaffing at EVERY location. Company rules (hoops to jump through) are beyond realistic and reasonable.....and I am a person who generally likes a place with some direction and rules, but very little of what the job is gets done in the excessive time you spend in a day with the insurmountable games and checkboxes for Airgas. I know that some of you will not heed this warning, but move on and look for some other type of this work elsewhere. Airgas will offer you pretty decent pay which enticed me, but like I have experienced before, it's not worth it unless you like to "drink the kool-aid" and be a complete company drone. My manager was a pretty decent sort of guy, but he works for Airgas and has to follow their ways.
Pros
Pay, some benefits
Cons
Overworked, not enough employees, time and schedule demands
hard work, fast paced industry
plant supervisor (Current Employee) –  Hutchinson, KSOctober 9, 2018
I started in the industry in 1999, worked as a filler and worked my way up to plant manager by 2008, I moved to 3 different areas with the company and I am currently the plant supervisor in hutchinson ks.
would not recomend any driver to work here average driver stay is 2 months to 1 year
OTR Tractor Trailer Driver (Current Employee) –  Chesterfield, VAOctober 9, 2018
Started in 2005 was one of the best Jobs I every had to the worst job which started in 2016 due to management Hardest part of Job is not knowing where you are going from day to day .
Pros
401k heaith benefits good pay
Cons
Managment is poor
Fast-Paced work enviroment
INSIDE SALES REPERSENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  ConnecticutOctober 5, 2018
Working at Airgas was both difficult and easy from time to time. Managers were mostly there to help with any issues you might have. Training is beneficial to everyone and safety is their top priority.
Pros
Benefits package
Cons
Understaffed
No opportunity for advancement
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Walton, KYOctober 3, 2018
the lack of training makes the job difficult to grasp and they give you a job title but that is not the job you do and they do not compensate you for the extra job duties and extra rolls you take on
Pros
pay
Cons
management and lack of training
na
Inventory Control Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Deer Park, TXOctober 2, 2018
Basically go in do as your told then go home. its enjoyiable to a certain extent, some customers and management make it alot harder than what it really intels
They really don’t care for the employees
Driver (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAOctober 1, 2018
Airgas in Southern California has unionized ...multiple facilities have joint the Teamsters for a reason. Better future to look forward to.. I wouldn’t recommend this company right now. Let the Teamsters do there thing. Then I’ll recommend. It’s a mess right now. Give it a year or so. Then it will be a company to work for.
Pros
Union
Cons
Opportunity to learn new processes that help sales
Account Manager - Field Sales (Current Employee) –  Dubuque, IASeptember 30, 2018
Airgas provides their teams good opportunities to learn and explore new processes, technologies, and products. It allows you to broaden the solutions that you can offer to customers.
Pros
Teamwork, wide product offerings, work life balance is good
Cons
Commission program needs revamping, Google corporate tools
Good people, bad management.
Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richmond, CASeptember 29, 2018
When i was employed here the atmosphere was deceptive with a toxic culture that was exemplified in the two managers. Since then I'm told both have been removed and the culture has improved, but at the time it was a pleasure to leave.
Pros
steady work
Cons
work hours, pay

Want to know more about Airgas?

Ask a question
Chances to advance
Inside Sales / Back up Driver (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCSeptember 29, 2018
I have only worked @ airgas little less than a year. They have decent benefits they have quiet a few incentives from some of their suppliers. I just wish I could of known this 10 years or so ago.
Benefits
Cons
No guarantee on bonuses or raises
Good Place to learn skills
Outlook Technician (Current Employee) –  Manitowoc, WISeptember 25, 2018
Good place to learn skills and move up the ladder. The company is safety driven and cares about their employee’s wellbeing. Competitive pay and great benefits
Good company, great training program
Sales (Current Employee) –  Germantown, WISeptember 25, 2018
Good people to work with, great work life balance, and opportunity for advancement. Newer building to work in and great location. The company does a lot of events, lunches, popcorn, etc. for employees.
Growing company
Data Standards Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKSeptember 24, 2018
This is a growing company but not family oriented. There is very little opportunity to grow within the company. It is male dominated. most of the upper people are all male and the rules are different for men than they are women. Apparently it has always been like this and getting acquired by a larger company has made it even worse. They use to be a great environment to work in but now it is more micromanaged.
Pros
Lots of job oppurtunities
Cons
A lot of turnover due to the HR company policies and being a very male dominent company
Busy office
Accounts Payable Associate (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 23, 2018
Worked with four others reviewing and entering invoices for payment. The co-workers were very nice to work with. Medical benefits were very good. Vacation plan nice.
Pros
No "pros"
Cons
No "cons"
They don’t care much for their Employees
Driver/Operator (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 22, 2018
Pros
Union
A great company
Accounts Payable Associate (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GASeptember 19, 2018
Over the past ten years I've learned so much at Airgas. I didn't mind the long commute to Lawrenceville from Decatur but now it has become a little too much. Airgas is a great place to work unfortunately I don't live in Lawrenceville and don't plan on moving there.
Steady, No Frills
Director of Strategic Pricing (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CASeptember 17, 2018
Airgas provides a steady workplace, with stability and a very strong culture of safety first. Although they provide some recognition for their deserving employees, they do not do nearly as much as they could to appreciate those who work hard to make the company as successful as it is. Solid company to work for, but definitely a no frills employer.
Pros
Stable
Cons
No Frills
Bad Company to work for.
Logistics Analyst (Current Employee) –  Independence, OHSeptember 15, 2018
I feel Management and HR are out to get each and every single employee. The issues they are strict over, are usually simple issues that can be easily resolved.
Good place to work overall but since being bought out by Air Liquide job security is not so certain.
Admin Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INSeptember 14, 2018
Good place to work overall but too much gossip in workplace and management and HR lacking in discipline.

Since being bought out by Air Liquide pricing was increased thus creating a lesser sales and then downsizing which cause me to loose my job!
Pros
Good pay, benefits, hours
Cons
Bought out 2 years ago, Job Security is not so certain, Good mgt. lacking from top to bottom

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Airgas. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

2.3Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

67%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss