Airgas Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Many hours I'd you want the hours
Safety Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Williston, NDMay 24, 2018
Up management was a joke. didn't have a clue what was happening in our part of the country. Worked there for 5 1/2 years got a 72 cent raise. Wage was not where it needed to be in North Dakota. Was promised raises but nothing ever happened. Insurance was not worth having. Most of my co worker we're awesome. I wasted about 5 years of my life there. Don't expect to much if you get a job at airgas.
Pros
Some of my co-workers
Cons
Everything else
A safe and divers place to work at
Production Operator (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXMay 23, 2018
Airgas has an excellent safety culture. They provide proper training for every job task, they hold weekly stand down safety meetings, plus daily tailgate meetings. Airgas has a divers customer base, not only to they provide services for the Oil and Gas Industry they also provide services to the Medical, Dental, and Food Industries.
Pros
With its divers customer base Airgas provides a strong foundation of job security.
Cons
The pay is low and raises come as yearly adjustments with the cost of living.
Great Benefits
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Sparks, NVMay 22, 2018
Airgas is the sort of place that will cradle even the most under qualified and help them to find a long, and outstanding career. The pay is great, the benefits are wonderful, and there are loads and loads of other great vacation and sick options. If you don't have a plan and need a job that will support you, definitely come to Airgas.
Pros
Money
Cons
Morale
Stressful work environment
Plant Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hyattsville, MDMay 21, 2018
Was not very much in love with working at this company. Working conditions were not the best with harsh weather conditions. There were very few opportunities for advancement advancement.
Good for a paycheck and not much else
Driver (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 20, 2018
This place is this place is riddled with nepotism and cronyism.

If you don't have the right last name or know someone who does, you will never advance.

Management is blinded to there own incompetence through selective exposure and hiring practices. (cronyism)

Diversity is uncommon in middle and upper management as well as HR.

The entire HR department is weak and controlled by management. Nepotism is allowed to thrive against company policy.
Pros
pay check
Cons
too many to list
Good people
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Owensboro, KYMay 19, 2018
I liked working for Airgas it was a good job. The people I worked with were good to me and the branch manager did an awesome job keeping everything running smoothly
Great people
Route Sales Driver (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 18, 2018
Great place with good people you can learn a lot about compressed gases and other welding and medical gases. Good environment and lots of opportunities to advance within the company
Collection Specialist (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMay 16, 2018
It’s a good place to work but it is hard to receive salary increases When you move to a new department it is usually a lateral move which makes it hard to advance but they do pay for advancement through education.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Hard to get increased
This company had many products and services to market
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 16, 2018
This company exerts tremendous pressure on its sales representatives. The commission plan was decent, however, over time, the plan had become less lucrative. A somewhat stressful place to work.
Pros
Many products and services to market
Cons
Stressful work environment
Consistent work, and steady job
Fill Plant Operator (Current Employee) –  West Allis, WIMay 14, 2018
It’s consistent job, job security for sure. Always busy, makes the day go by pretty quick. Room for advancement is pretty slim, which can be very frustrating.

Want to know more about Airgas?

Ask a question
Independent work environment
Accounts Payable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Independence, OHMay 12, 2018
Airgas allows employees to work independently. I have learned new AP applications such as SAP and Open text. There is tension between management which prohibits individual growth, The option for flex time has been very beneficial.The most difficult part of the job is the favoritism displayed by the management of my department.
Pros
Flex time, independent work, learning new processes
Cons
stressful environment
nice place to work
District Distribution Manager (Former Employee) –  Star, MSMay 12, 2018
The challenges of the operation is rewarding when achieved. Create your own destiny when working with a company. Don't let other people experiences be your judgement.
Good Job
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 9, 2018
Great Management, very safety oriented. Constant check ups and certificates. Keep up to date on hazmat and driving. You have to be safe or you wont be there long but always helpful bunch.
Pros
Daytime job
Cons
Sales is everything.
Culture Shock
Logistics Analyst (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 9, 2018
Airgas is a very fast growing company. The employee are split on how they feel about the workplace culture and management. Some employee love it and some hate it, but that is with any company.
Pros
N/a
Benefits
Na
Plant Manager (Current Employee) –  Longview, TXMay 7, 2018
A good company to start a career with. Promotions / Wages could be more competitive. Management has a good open door policy. Great set of people to work with.
Felt like working with my family
Office Manager / Procurement Manager (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMay 6, 2018
I was the office manager and I had 2 direct reports. I was constantly busy. I was the p-card administrator and the expense procurement person. There was always something going on and I always was respected and felt important in all my roles with the company. I was at Airgas for over 10 years and miss it a lot!
Pros
Great work enviroment, great people, good money, great benefits
Cons
It's in California and I'm in Ohio
Typical Corporate politics
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 3, 2018
The managers do not manage and do not stand up for their employees, they are the filter for Corporate. They look for reasons to get rid of certain people if you don't agree with their opinion. Managers have zero loyalty to their departments. And worse of all, there are obvious favortisms and if you make that one mad, you will be forced out. Saw it first hand in my 10 years with the company.
Cons
Poor management, poor direction, lack of leadership
Fast paced,saftey driven company
Plant Operator (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXApril 30, 2018
The safety culture ,and guidelines contradict the work load and production efficiency. Management changes in recent years has lead to many of transfers and resignations.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Work loads, Management
wonderful
Driver (Current Employee) –  Hopkinsville, KYApril 30, 2018
Wonderful place to work. I can see retiring from air-gas. I would recommend to friends and all I talk to about having a career choice of Airgas. They work with you, and try to make working here great.
Pros
security and money
Cons
scheduling
Wonderful place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXApril 27, 2018
The employees are great to work with. The safety culture is amazing. The continued training is excellent. The benefits package is outstanding. I wish I did not leave.
Pros
Safety is #1

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Airgas. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

1.9Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight