Airgas

• Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Wonderful place to work

Featured review

Airgas selected this as a representative review
The employees are great to work with. The safety culture is amazing. The continued training is excellent. The benefits package is outstanding. I wish I did not leave.

Pros

Safety is #1

Not a good place to work at.

Airgas is not a good place to work at. Operations are run very poorly. The company is reactive and not proactive. They do not promote from within. No advancement opportunities. I would not recommend this company to anyone.

Organized

Airgas was a good company to work for. I worked in accounting and felt a sense of belonging, responsibility and possibility for advancement. My position was relocated to a different state and I received a severance package.

Past Employee

Don't work for airgas/airliquide. They will take advantage of you and management will be hounding you for every little thing. Its as if terminal management wants to terminate all employees. You will not be compensated for all time and activities you perform, and they will leave you out to dry if a problem comes up caused by your employment. They will not stand behind employees.

Worse job

At first was great loved it. But over time seniority kicks in and if you are the lowest in seniority you get all the bottom work and do everything that the other driver's don't want to do. So all the grunt work and the routes the other drivers don't want to do. Putting away stock and filling plus you have to do your driving job. No respect from other driver's. Want a job where you are not appreciated by anyone this is the job for you!

Pros

Cons

Your the dog and looked down on

Repetitious and boring

Training was a charade, you only learn 1% of what you need to know on the floor in training.. Once on the floor they expect you to be a self starter to things you’ve never done before.. My supervisor didn’t speak to me, train me or give me tools I needed to succeed for with my accounts, help was situational.. I was the only person of color on my team and I felt it everyday. I was trained alone, And received partial training as my whole team was working from home with me being the only person in the office with my supervisor switching between weeks with a team lead who clearly didn’t want to be there with me. I was treated as if I received full training but it showed in my work that I was struggling. I lost my drive after reaching out for help with no success. The other employees for the most part were nice.. I feel like I was was dealt the short hand of the stock from day one.

Pros

Great work life balance, great benefits, nice facilities, hour lunches

Cons

Need more inclusion efforts, better training and supersvisors.

Productive company that strives on continuous improvement and keeping our employees safe and happy.

This company is truly trying to incorporate continuous improvement as well as 5S, RCA, and different methods in order to become the best at the type of industry it's in. I'm excited to see how this company elevates.

Just a job not a career

The pay is subpar and there is no growth within the company. Management does not help or direct you with advancement. Yearly bonus is a joke. Dead end job.

Very poor upper management . Manage seemed to be more concerned about achieving their bonus than customer service .

It became obvious that drivers were not important to upper management . Very high turn over , causing team members to take on more hours .Class A CDL Drivers can do better .

Pros

Good place to land and look

Cons

See above

Good job if you’re not planning on moving up or getting a decent raise every year.

Good place to work if you just want to be a driver. If you just do 40 hours then you will struggle since pay is low and you get paid bi-weekly, you will need to milk the clock like some drivers here do to get 14 hours a day just so you can make it with the low pay. Benefits are good but really expensive. I don’t know what time off is like because no matter how much I work I never seem to get any and when I ask if I have any kind of PTO it’s always no. Management is all remote so the person telling you what to do in texas is probably living somewhere in east. All of communication will be via email so if you have any questions you just get sent around.

Pros

Great co-workers always willing to help

Cons

Too many to name.

Everyone is treated as replaceable.

Terrible work life balance—they expect you to work like a salary employee but constantly complain about overtime hours. After my shift, I go home and work remotely until I fall asleep in my chair at my computer. I have an entry level position with hourly pay. There should be absolutely no reason for a company to expect an employee to work 24 hours a day! Especially since they only pay me for 8. But it is “expected” because they are too cheap to hire more people. At my location, we have lost 75% of the employees so far in 2022, and the last 25% are actively seeking other employment. It is a problem throughout the company. In recent years it has become a toxic and hateful place to work company wide. They report record revenue, then turn around and tell us only salaried, corporate employees earned raises. “If you don’t like it, you can quit” is something that is commonly told to us by upper management. It has been so bad for so long that many employees, including myself, now see quitting as the better option. I have been with the company for almost 8 years and am delighted to say that soon I won’t be working there anymore.

Woukdnt recommend.

Company good. Management sucks. Constant stress. You will be expected to be available but then your boss will never answer their phone when you need assistance.

Airgas did not utilize my professional skills and knowledge in this industry

I was really excited about working for Airgas. Coming from a competitor with many very successful years in the gas business, Airgas failed to utilize my knowledge and expertise. I found that you needed to kiss butt with direct management in order to move up. Local management was very unprofessional and lacked knowledge of the cylinder gas and bulk gas business. I was extremely happy to leave Airgas and accept a professional position with another gas company.

Pros

The gas business is very exciting and self rewarding business.

Cons

Base pay was below industry standard. Local management was extremely poor.

Overall culture

Company seems to be very very management heavy. Then the low level managers only care about moving up to upper levels. Never seemed to care that you are a person. But are you getting your work done in the parameters that they set.

great

great job work here ! i like how they seem to really care about your job, work life . you have to be a hard worker . no slacking ; you get what you put out

Pros

pay

Cons

nothing

Great place for oppurtunity

Company gives you many options for advancement. Work hard and you will move up over time. Many options to relocate if necessary. Good work/life balance

Pretty Typical Giant Corporation Work Environment

Airgas acquired a company I already worked for. I did advance. A bit rigid as most huge corporations are. A little too quick to "diversity-hire" over hiring based on actual qualifications, skills, and experience.

Pros

Decent pay & bennies

Cons

Somewhat racist hiring practices. Will hire based on skin color over experience

Never know the schedule you walk in

Really very clicky, boss had certain pets. Some people got really easy routes, others not so much. Equipment didn't work that great, trucks in the shoo alot.

Pros

Insurance

Cons

Really hard work

Wouldn't recommend

Worked there for about 3 months and left. Manager couldn't control or discipline employee who would throw temper tantrums and leave work when he got mad and throw stuff around. Was not a good work environment.

Pros

Hours and pay

Cons

Management and co workers

Workload vs Story Time.

(specific location in Texas) The workload is extreme, but the company says we don't need to hire anyone else. So, some of us work hard while others don't. They are either on their phones or sitting around visiting or telling stories of what's happening on Tik-Tok. The manager chooses not to notice, so those that work become frustrated with the load.

Pros

7a-5p job, get to go home to the family.

Cons

Poor overall company structure with outdated procedures.

Nice people, steady-job, don't expect to buy a new Lexus.

Overall an okay place to work, MUCH better than other inside-sales positions. A good work-life balance M-F, 8 hours a day - once the day is done no emails, no phone calls, no overtime. It's a great entry-level starter to get into sales. Lots of effort put into sales training!You can be moderately successful and make OKAY pay, but unless you're lucky there's no way to make GREAT money in this position - despite the hype. If you want that new Lexus get your experience here and move into another position.

Pros

Friendly coworkers and management, No draw-system for salary, will teach you how to sell

Cons

Ever evolving compensation plan, limited growth opportunities, repetitious/uninspired methods for customer growth

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Airgas. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

2.5
InHerSight Score
2.2Personal Development
2.8Career Opportunities
2.6Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight