Airgas Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 991 reviews matching the search See all 1,004 reviews
Featured review
Airgas selected this as a representative review
Wonderful place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXApril 27, 2018
The employees are great to work with. The safety culture is amazing. The continued training is excellent. The benefits package is outstanding. I wish I did not leave.
Pros
Safety is #1
Excellent work
Driver (Former Employee) –  Hyattsville, MD 20781July 18, 2018
Airgas is a stable strong work enviroment.with excellent pay. along as you do your job they will back you. All yopu have to do is follow there rules the job will go easy
Airgas synopsis
SC New Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCJuly 15, 2018
Airgas is the nation's largest industrial, medical, bulk & specialty gases and welding equipment supplier. WIth operations in every state, Airgas has capacity to be a strategic, national supplier for larger, multiple site companies. Product lines range from MRO consumables to safety products, industrial power tools, and even janitorial supplies. Airgas' size offers any customer deeper discount opportunities due to purchasing volumes than other competitors in the marketplace. My 24 years have taken me from a customer service role at the inception of my tenure with the company to many various managerial roles with upward responsibility. Airgas is a quality company which has given me numerous opportunities to grow and earn promotable position potentials.
Great place to work.
LOADER/SORTER (Current Employee) –  Angleton, TXJuly 11, 2018
Great place to work, but its extremely hot. But then again its Texas. Work is easy if you stay on top of it. If you don't, you'll be buried alive and have to work really hard to catch up.
n/a
Special Handling Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJuly 9, 2018
The job is tedious. I learned how companies receive and pay out money in connect of relationships and contracts the have with smaller companies. I having my own personal space to work
competitive and lack of advantage
Customer Master and Price Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 9, 2018
Lack of management skills and management will not help people to growth professionally. Very unfair the work distribution. Always a lot to learn when it comes to SAP.
Pros
job secure
Cons
healthcare, no maternity leave
Wonderful people but Micro Managed
Bulk Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 4, 2018
Airgas has a large number of employees and for the most part everyone works together well. Recently there have been management changes and it has changed the overall direction of the company. It has changed from customer focused to process focused.
Pros
Wonderful employees
Cons
Micro Managed by Management and less customer focus and interaction
Very nice place to work and the benefits are great
Customer Service/Sales Support Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 3, 2018
Benefits are great. the people were very nice and easy to get along with. Management was great! There is room for advancement and the pay was relatively good for the job titles.
Fun and Collaborative!
Training (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 2, 2018
Team focused, very competitive income and benefits. Moderate workload with fair expectations. Many opportunities for advancement from locally to globally.
Pros
Above average income, flexible holidays, fair benefits
Cons
Average 401K, no onsite child care
Great career move
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAJuly 2, 2018
Great team to work with - everyone in my department gets along quite well. Large, well known company. My managers are not micro-managers and there is some flexibility. They are also very good at letting you know when you have done a good job. That goes a long way. Some companies don't do that at all. I got more kudos here in the 1st month than I got at my last job of almost 3 years doing the same thing.
Pros
Casual fridays, Bagels!! great team, room for growth
Cons
none that I have seen so far
Don't do it
Operator (Current Employee) –  Lynwood, CAJuly 2, 2018
Airgas was a selfish company who only looked out for themselves and did not care about their employees. Promised promotions and pay increases that never came. They make you not only do your job but make you do other people's jobs as well. They treat you unfairly and favoritism is a constant. They cut corners and expect you to make diamonds out of nothing. We were never stocked with supplies. We would tell management what we needed to order and they wouldn't. Then we would get reprimanded for not being able to complete our assignments.The preach about safety but when hurt on the job they immediately try to force you out of the company.
Nice place to start a career
Production Manager/Operations (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 1, 2018
Working progress and great place to START with hands-on experience and great leadership. Fast past environment with knowledgeable employees surrounding
Positive Work Environment and Supportive Management
HR (Current Employee) –  Independence, OHJune 29, 2018
Great people at all levels of the company, everyone is supportive of each other and the culture is positive and engaging. Benefits and pay are competitive and the onboarding process is thorough.
Pros
Culture and environment
Cons
No work from home option
Very fast work environment. Execelent upper staff.
Plant operator (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GeorgiaJune 28, 2018
Airgas Dry Ice is a very good place to work at while your going to school or getting a degree to do something higher. It’s a very honest work environment.
Pros
Paid breaks
Cons
Hot or cold
n/a
Inside Sales (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 27, 2018
work is simple but the management is hardly qualified to do their jobs. customer service is always included in every meeting but only applies to reports and not actually servicing the customer.
Support all aspects of a Store Front and Distribution location,
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDJune 25, 2018
Daily routine assisting distribution, working sales counter, inside sales of welding equipment. Fast passed problem solving on a daily basses collective team to complete daily duties.
Pros
Never the same day twice
Cons
Corperate presure to perform with limited support
Work is ok if you don’t want to move up from a company and just work.
Operator (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 24, 2018
There are better jobs anywhere, benefits at This company is good but everything else lacks. Poor management, no weekends off, work 6 days. Actual time off none of this extra hour like 8-5 pm job. Schedules 6-2pm. 2pm-10pm. 10pm-6am.
Pros
Good people to work with, one hour lunch. Actual time to leave.
Cons
Work weekends, poor management, low ball you on pay rate.
Too Many Levels of Management
Sales Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Germantown, WIJune 24, 2018
It is difficult to feel you are getting adequate training with 3 different levels of management telling you 3 different ways of handling the same situation. They would serve better to the department by having 1 manager calling the shots and NOT having 3 meetings a day every day so that they are available to others.
Airgas was a good paying job. We would work the 2/3 split schedule, 12 hour shift.
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Star, MSJune 21, 2018
Airgas had two shifts, 7am-7pm and 7pm-7am, i would come in the evening time and get off in the am. The clock in time had to be ten minutes early. Everybody had different stations to cover around the the warehouse. I washed boxes sometimes but mostly take the dry to place into the bag out of the machine.
Pros
I was off every other weekend and we had three lunch breaks
Cons
There wereshort breaks.
workday
Plant Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CAJune 16, 2018
High paced, constant hands on involvement in production and logistics requiring an extreme level of attention. long hours at work with little time for life outside of work
Pros
exciting and challenging
Cons
exhausting
Excellent
Accounts Receivable Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 16, 2018
This is an excellent company to work for. I would have liked to have stayed a while longer but after graduation it was time to move on to my field of study

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Airgas. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

2.0Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss