Play YouTube video button

Airgas Employee Reviews

Found 1,070 reviews matching the search See all 1,085 reviews
Featured review
Airgas selected this as a representative review
Wonderful place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXApril 27, 2018
The employees are great to work with. The safety culture is amazing. The continued training is excellent. The benefits package is outstanding. I wish I did not leave.
Pros
Safety is #1
Good Place with great days and bad days
PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Hopkinsville, KYDecember 13, 2018
Great place to work with some issues that every plant has every now and then. Small business where you work 6 months out the year and the pay is good. Insurance sucks if you have to put family on.
safty
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Geismar, LADecember 6, 2018
working at airgas is a good safety environment experience I love working for this company I would recommend to friends and family the management system are great
fun events but stressful job with no support
TOTAL ACCESS ACCOUNT SALES EXECUTIVE (Former Employee) –  Levittown, PADecember 4, 2018
very stressful and management is negative and not supportive. they leave you to your own and give you no suppport. they just tell you when you are on a performance phase and say fix it. if not you are let did not back me up. i was employed there for 14 years and achieved senior account executive. so i was short on a new account or a dial but i was grossly over in the money I made for them. That was not enough because their goals are unrealistic.
Great company sales managers I worked for...
Territory Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Grandville, MIDecember 4, 2018
Learned a lot with company on-going training classes offered to sales team. Always had a great team I worked with to manage my accounts. Company division was acquired, so I was given a severance package...
A very pleasant work place
Route Driver (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 30, 2018
Enjoy being a route driver get to get out of the office and interact with the customers. Has opportunities for advancement. Get along well with management. Start at 6 am and usually through by 3 pm. One day a week is 12 hours which is the longest run.
Pros
Off days pay such as floating days and paid sick days
No Gratitude
Manager (Former Employee) –  FloridaNovember 28, 2018
This company has a do more get less mentality. They continue to cut staff, positions, and do not bring on replacements for open positions but rather require current staff to take on the roles of the missing individuals.
air gas horrible job
production loader (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 27, 2018
horrible job with no real management. favoritism is huge at this company and if you're not into baseball or softball the manager wont pay attention to you
Highly stressfull
Driver (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 27, 2018
good driver benefits; but a toxic environment from management for driver support. Driver made to do more duties than they are compensated for. Asked to do more than what you get paid for.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
driver made responsible for other worker job duties
A great place to work
Shipping and receiving (Former Employee) –  Cheshire, CTNovember 23, 2018
I worked at Air Gas a few years ago on a contract basis. It was a very demanding job but rewarding at the same time. There was so much to learn and you gain enhanced skills. The people were great, management was great, the pay was great. I wanted to go permanent but there was no position open at the time. I would recommend this place.
Pros
opportunity for advancement
Cons
dangerous chemicals
decent place to work
Route Driver (Current Employee) –  High Point, NCNovember 22, 2018
Worked at Airgas for 10 years with no advancement. The benefits and insurance are decent. The work load is overwhelming at times. Leadership and advancement has the 'good ole boy' approach.
Pros
insurance, vaction
Cons
management

Want to know more about Airgas?

Ask a question
Steady work. Horrible Management
Relief Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 21, 2018
He thing good I can say about the job is that there is always work, tuition reimbursement is offered,and time off for holidays are good. When talking about being promoted from within the ranks and opportunities to advance it is nonexistent. Management seems to choose who they want to put into positions of importance instead of letting employees apply and move up through the ranks. I have achieved two degrees working there.i applied for a supervisor role and never heard anything back. Ismnot one really scream racism but it does have overtones of it. It is a large company and I’m not sure what the others do but in Coppell,TX it seems to exist.
Pros
Steady work
Cons
Culture and environment
Airgas
IT Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Marinette, WINovember 17, 2018
I worked in the IT department for six years and was happy with the company and the culture. When I was hired, I was at one at a regional headquarter office, but due to a reorganization that office moved to another state and it was not necessary to keep multiple IT workers in my location.
High turnover
Credit and Collections Specialist (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CANovember 14, 2018
Just like any other work place, you have hard workers and workers hardly working. There would probably be less turnover if workers were paid what they are worth. Yes smiles and verbal appreciation helps but that doesn't pay the bills, mortgage, and food. It is hard to get work done when you are always training people due to high turn over and called in meetings. It is hard to be trained properly when you sit with 3 to 4 people for 2 to 4 hours at a time and you hear how you should do things several different ways. You learn the lazy way, the quick way, how to pass the buck way, and the correct way. Sometimes all in the same day.
Pros
The coworkers
Cons
The pay. A proven track record at Airgas means nothing when it comes to raises.
ok company
Non CDL Driver (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 5, 2018
this company provided good healthcare and paid time off benefits. very large corporation with lots of policies and rules. Ok job not the best company but it will do.
Pros
hours
Cons
stress
Productive and fun workplace
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  United StatesNovember 5, 2018
It was great very great experience.worked twelve hours 15.40 an hour very easy work all you have to do is stay safe clean up behind yourself be able to work
No customer relations
Branch Administrator/Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSNovember 4, 2018
Too much work load for one person since other employees could care less and management would ignore. Understaffed due to the buyout from Air Liquide. Customer relations did not matter especially to the small customer/businesses. Too statistical and not enough one on one customer care. Too high on prices. The employees who care and work hard don't matter. Employees that are only there to "collect a check" thrive. Many of the old "Airgas" employees were phenomenal and human with heart.
Pros
Benefits, Training, Pay
Cons
Lazy employees who don't care, lack of customer relations, too high
Run away
Route Delivery Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILNovember 2, 2018
They talk a lot about safety but when you point out a safety issue they ignore it. Over work and under pay people at the bottom. Show no appreciation for hard work. Management never listens to problems.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Back breaking work
Fast paced
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKOctober 30, 2018
Each day was fairly consistent. The best part of my job were the few supportive co-workers within my group. The worst part was never feeling that I could meet the pace of data entry they required.
Pros
Occasional catered lunches
Cons
Demanding management
Airgas - Pros and Cons
Collection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAOctober 29, 2018
Airgas as a Company, although rich in resources is like a State of the Art, expensive boat, with many holes that need to be plugged. Lots of resources but lack of sound organizational standard. The culture of the company is very poor, detrimentally affecting efforts to streamline I highly advise anyone looking for a job to accept any position at Airgas, only as a last resort. The personnel turn-over ratio is very high because of the more negative than positive things about Airgas employment.
Pros
Medical insurance benefits offers limited choices
Cons
Medical and other fringe benefits are available but not cold not be qualified as very good, more of a low average.
Just Don't
STAFF ACCOUNTANT (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKOctober 25, 2018
Go any where else. Just trust me. You don't want to work at the BSC. The culture is bad, as a salary employee, you'll have your minutes managed. Pick somewhere else.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Airgas. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

1.9Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight