Airlite Plastics Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Eps production warehouse forklift driver
Packer (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 22, 2018
I loved working at Airlite, the crew were helpful, they were team players and we all worked well together. Unfortunately I was arrested due to something I didn't do and didn't get a chance to return.
Great
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 11, 2018
Everything great smile enviorment abd emoployees great training and and life changing career thank you money the new upgraded and machines life was good
Pros
Loved it
Airlite
Area Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 29, 2018
This was another horrible place to work. The management structure was do as I say and 1st shift is the best and the rest of you we have because we have too.
treat you like your in high school
QMS Auditor (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 11, 2018
there is lack of communication. they expect you to be cross trained so they can use you when the person who normally does the job is absent. but don't pay you your value. workplace culture is like being in high school with teenagers. hardest part is dealing with upper management too many chiefs and not enough Indians. Most enjoyable part getting paid weekly. also when is comes to holidays that they let you have off they always find a way for you to have your holiday vacation interrupted by making you work on the weekends. its like you get punished for having holidays off by making you work the weekend during that time. as if companies are just running low on containers but makes no sense when you are constantly making the containers day and night 365. they want you to be a brainwashed robot.
Fun place to be
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 7, 2018
Made a lot of friends and it was a fast place to work and good exercise for in different areas by ourselves. It was one of the best place I've been at out of all jobs
Good
Good
It's a job
Mold Specialist (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEDecember 3, 2017
I basically just come in do my job and leave. Fix machines and work with other departments.

Management is okay with certain people and not okay with others.

One specific shift has an awful mentality that drags down the rest of the entire shift.

Workplace culture is very shift dependent.

The hardest part is trying to get to know people despite the high turnover rate and work around varying types of criminals. They do not vet out anybody depending on what their criminal history is anymore.

Things are constantly changing with little to no input from the employees.

The most enjoyable part is likely cultural diversity, it's hard to say.
Pros
Impossible to get fired
Cons
Impossible to get fired
Productive work place
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 22, 2017
I work 8 hours on fixing and repairing equipment. The hardest part of the job is figuring out what is wrong with the machines. The workplace is acceptable and sometimes the day can be busy or slow
Pros
pay time off
Cons
sometimes dont get a break
Nothing good to say
Supervisor/Manager (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 7, 2017
upper management just looks for reasons to fire people you put in a ton of work and get no recognition. Targeting good employees is frequently a common practice.
Pros
Cons
everything
fun to works specially around the time of holidays
Inventory Control/Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 3, 2017
it was a normal job every day is just like any other day in the job, sometimes is a hard paste job but mostly is nice and slow. sometimes we get a project in which we have a deadline so we have to work extra hours to finish but after we finish we are reword with a lot of gift cards and other small gift, friendly people always carried and looked out for our well beings and made sure we worked in a clean good environment.
Fun place to work and no worse about you job
Building Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 31, 2017
Good place to work. There is always something to do. They have activities for there employees. If you want to move up you can. They will work with your schedule if you need.
Amazing environment for new workers
Packer (Current Employee) –  Council Bluffs, IAOctober 21, 2017
If you're new to the world of work, and you're looking for a good manual labor job, this is for you. The managers are understanding and compassionate people who have worked at the company for a long time. They have tons of opportunities for advancement, whether it's a new level of packer or a look into a new career. They will train you on site for all of those careers. If you're looking for a place to move up to, then you can definitely reach that level given time and effort.

The only downside I have to say is how much some of the supervisors just seem to hate everyone. There ARE good supervisors, but most of theother supervisors are rude and will cut you down for no reason, even if you're having a laugh about something.
Pros
good supervisors, amazing possibility of advancement, lax on punishment for mistakes
Cons
harsh punishments for having your phone for any reason.
Poor
Packer/Inspector (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 3, 2017
Would not recommend for anyone to work here. Horrible place to work and horrible upper management. Want you to work hard and not give recognition or good pay. Have issues with promoting people.
a orodctive work place and stress free
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 26, 2017
walking in saying good morning clocking in and working taking a little break communicating with other then back to work then back to my break lunch might go out for lunch wit a co worker then back to work I go.
Pros
vinting machines catering foods
Cons
short breaks
Hot
Packer (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 8, 2017
I loved my job sometimes. Everything depends with the people you work with. In the summer time it gets super hot an it's crazy humid an your always on a rush to keep up with the machines.
Pros
Had 3 breaks
Cons
Very hot an bad leads
fast-paced quiet work environment
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 7, 2017
At Airlite Plastics your work in a very quick pace you will be packing plastic from a machine very quickly you are not able to talk or interact with other people
poor
Pallet Jack Operator (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 23, 2017
working at airlite plastic was a challenge to do is a fast-paced job.They want you to work fast for a little pay and long ship 6 days of the week.Some manager was cool and some minutes there was not.
a fast place if you need a job
Production Packer (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 16, 2017
everything was fast. the only time to relax was on breaks. I had problem working with people that was incarcerate & they did not provide a lot of training it was one day with someone the next by yourself & not on the same machine that you was trained on.
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
bad work environment
laid back awesome coworkers
Packer (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 13, 2017
I enjoyed going to work it was laid back and everyone minded their own business management works with you and encouraged to apply for a variety of positions.
Fast-paced but fun job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 12, 2017
This job consisted of entering customer orders into computer. Making sure customer shipment left on time and arrived to the customer on time. Taking care of any and all issues the customer had with our products. I left this job to take a position closer to home.
waiting for orders
Customer Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 5, 2017
Seasonal temp job for OS. Typical day consist of office manager waiting for faxes of email of orders to come in then she would review them and then customer service entered the order and then it was passed back to office manager. Filing and waiting for next order to come in.
Pros
n/a
Cons
management