AJM Packaging Employee Reviews

2.5
Ratings breakdown
Fun place very good place to start true work
Aj and m (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOAugust 7, 2018
Honestly the job had a lot of elligal workers and I feel it was unfair to the people that actually need a job. I honestly felt very good and comfortable when I was working there. I did not like how they barely get stuff done as in raises and how there points work but other than that it’s a very good company to work for..
Pros
Very hard workers
Cons
Points are way to easy to get
Ajm
Packer (Former Employee) –  Webb City, MOJuly 28, 2018
Overall decent place to work its pretty hot but they help manage it fairly well as long as you stand the heat and repetition its a pretty good job to have.
Hot and Stressful
Packer (Former Employee) –  Vineland, NJJuly 19, 2018
Didn't care too much for working here. NO teamwork. Hot place People took too long on there breaks. Had no consideration for other people. The QCs think they are everybody boss
Love the job
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vineland, NJJuly 17, 2018
I love what I was doing and the job cause I was laid back. The pay rate was great and trust me, you will make the money you need to survive throughout life
Good work place
Scanner (Current Employee) –  Folkston, GAJuly 11, 2018
Ajm is a good and busy workplace. Alot of days are busy and fast pasted. The only problem ive had is that they dont have any ac and it gets really hot on really hot days.
An Absolutely Terrible Place To Work. Run, Don't Walk To The Nearest Exit
Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Southgate, MIJuly 8, 2018
Worst run manufacturing facility with the absolute worst management staff I have ever had the misfortune of knowing. I'm glad I got out of there before spending too much time there. Very abusive group with security cameras everywhere like a police state. 400% employee turnover rate just 2 years ago. Awful. Get a job shoveling cow manure before considering this hole. If I could give negative star ratings I would across the board. They need to just fold up and go home if thats how they're going to run a factory. And they are talking about expanding and can't find enough temporary workers even to show up and run the work they have. They are always hiring and you can see why.
Pros
Nothing really
Cons
Everything about the place
sweat shop with no standards
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Southgate, MIJune 25, 2018
more management/salaried employees than non salary with every uneducated one of them blaming the other until it somehow becomes joe blows fault. violent, degrading and abusive language used by superiors, you will not be paid fairly or be givin timely pay increases
Pros
free insurance
Cons
everything
So far so good
Packer (Current Employee) –  Joplin, MOJune 15, 2018
I just started here and will update as time goes. So far theyve been very helpful. Good safety training. Pay is decent. Gets kimd of warm but not too horrible.
Pros
Good hours
It's an ok place to work if you don't really care about the lack of communication, poor management, don't really care about your health
Machine Operator, pallet jack driver (Current Employee) –  Joplin, MOJune 8, 2018
Not a very great place to work for if you don't mind them ripping you off. On any of not all of the great benefits that most companies offer. The do not pay fairly due to the fact that the will probably pay you the bare minimum wage.
Pros
2nd and 3rd shift work any where from less than 30 minutes to 1 hour but get paid for 8 hours.
Cons
Only provide medical insurance and nothing much else after 90 days
Learn how to treat people
General Labor (Former Employee) –  Folkston, GAMay 24, 2018
Cant keep people to work there, a 8 hour 6 day a week concentration camp, and they play favoritism, also old concrete, terrible working conditions, dont appreciate good workers, hands down worst job I've ever had
Pros
Getting off
Poor management
Packer (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIMay 24, 2018
NO respect for anyone. Managers and supervisors didn't promote a culture of work. Didn't discipline slackers which would make other people's work load heavier. Rampant favoritism.
Glad no longer working there. If you need a quick paycheck, then do it, pay your bills and move on to greener pastures.
Hours were good breaks were short
Machine Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Taylor, MIMay 23, 2018
I was almost to my 90 days in and I was on my day off and they called me and let me go and I asked for a explanation and they told me they were letting a lot of people go
Productive and fun work place.
Packer/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Vineland, NJMay 23, 2018
I loved working here. A typical day would be coming in going to your assigned area and working as follows. Whichever count you were doing you must keep up with it. Make sure theres no bad plates, if so remove them and send them through the machine. Treat the plates as if theyre going to your house.
Pros
Meeting new people.
Cons
n/a
I didn't care for this place
Packer (Former Employee) –  Vineland, NJMay 20, 2018
I didn't like working at this company because you didn't get paid the raises you were do for at the time they were due. I think we worked more and not being compensated in pay for the work we did. It was too hot, always over 100 degrees.
Very boring work place it’s all work and not enough pay
Padlocker (Current Employee) –  El Cajon, CAMay 1, 2018
This job is only only to get you on your feet if you are struggling financially. I’ve worked here for almost 9 months now and have had no pay raise from my $11 an hour and if someone is absent from work you have to do their job as well.
awful place to work
Lead Tech (Former Employee) –  Southgate, MIApril 30, 2018
work environment was awful pay was way below satisfactory. promised little to no overtime when i started and ended up working 55+ hours every week, and 7 days most weeks. this was required and if you did not you would never see a raise as this would be held against you for not being a team player.
Pros
Cons
Worst job ever with awful management
The management wasn't their for employees. Safety wasn't being cared about.
Machine Operator/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Vineland, NJApril 25, 2018
The machines were dangerous and the management only cared about the paper plates were being produced. They also had their special employees and if you weren't one of those then the shift was very long. Can explain in detail in person if need be
Pros
It was a paycheck including 20 plus hours overtime. That was only good thing
Cons
No healthcare, 5 plus hours overtime daily, one ten minute break and a thirty minute lunch
Great Place to work at
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Vineland, NJApril 19, 2018
I really liked working at ajm packaging. The people that worked there were great to get along with. The job as it self was very easy.It made my days go by quick to quick actually!
Stressful
Forklift operator/Lead warehouse operations (Former Employee) –  MichiganApril 18, 2018
The pay is low compared to the amount of effort they expect. if you dont meet your managers liking they will have no problem getting rid of you in your 150 day probation period.
Pros
nothing comes to mind
Cons
old equipment
Not A good place to work.
Packer Operator (Former Employee) –  Taylor, MIApril 14, 2018
Starting pay is awful. no security at the Taylor location. easy work, dirty warehouse, bathroom, break room, but plenty over time. Bad management.....
Pros
Free Healthcare, plenty of over time
Cons
Hot, Dirty, they hire anyone