Akam On-Site Employee Reviews

Administration
Admistration (Current Employee) –  Dania Beach, FLAugust 21, 2019
I had my hesitations about coming to work for this company because of some of the negative comments made about poor management etc. However, I am very happy I joined the AKAM team.

They are growing and with growth comes some growing pains. They are building a great team and I see a very positive future.

I am truly enjoying working here.
productive
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 12, 2019
great place to work the only cons is the salary, but overall I will recommend this company to anyone whos interested in property management,i been with them for 5 years in I love it.
Dont even bother.
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 27, 2019
Even if you have the most simplest misdemeanor don't bother applying to this place. They don't care even if your a great candidate for the position they post. They will judge you and skip to the next candidate like you are the lowest of the lowest. Apply wisely.
Pros
I dont know
Cons
The director of recruiting
Fun Environment & Great Leadership
On-Site Management executive (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 21, 2019
They really make you feel like you're part of the team. They do a fun day basically every month and make sure all the on site personell are involved. The corporate leadership also stands up for their employees which is nice. Most of the clients are great, but some are really difficult.
Pros
Fun and a boss that will protect you when it's neded
AKAM 4 stars
MANAGEMENT EXECUTIVE (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLNovember 23, 2018
AKAM is a good company to work for. I would recommend working for this company if you are pursuing a career in property management. The CEO and founder is a great person and works hard to create a positive work environment.
Pros
Great Upper Management
Cons
Na
good
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Dania Beach, FLSeptember 3, 2018
Its a good place to work. The property managers are supported well by the corporate office. The owners, bosses, and everyone that work there are very nice.
Great work enviornment
Rover/ Front Desk/Concierge (Current Employee) –  Aventura, FLAugust 4, 2018
The work culture at this just is based on teamwork and accuracy. What I've learned from working here is providing excellent hospitality to guest and residents goes along way.
Pros
A company that cares about the employees
Cons
Benefits package
Nice Workplace
Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 24, 2018
If you work on a Residential Building you get a lot of perks,
Holidays Bonus, Halloween event, 4th of July events, free food, etc. Very nice place. Hardest part of the job is to deal with angry residents.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
Short Breaks
Akam on-site
Concierge Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLJanuary 17, 2018
During my time at AKAM On-Site I was encouraged in team work, working independently, being responsible, reliable and trust worthy. I was taught many new things including how to properly run the front desk.
Proficient in administrative/office skills, detail orientated.
Concierge Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLJanuary 8, 2018
Typical tasks included were creating schedules for employees, Sorting packages for residents. I was delegated and taught to supervise and keep order of security, valet and front desk employees.
Pros
Free lunches, paid vacation, Healthcare, interacting with residents.
Cons
Good place to work, small company, not a lot of room for growth
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Dania Beach, FLNovember 21, 2017
Small company, nice environment but not a lot of support from the corporate office. Would like chance to grow but options without a huge commute weren't available.
Excelente lugar de trabajo.
Chief Engineer (Former Employee) –  Sunny Isles Beach, FLNovember 13, 2017
Es un ejemplo de management company. Planificados, justos con los trabajadores, preocupados por mantener un reputacion como compania que ya la tienen.
Pros
todos
Cons
any.
Overall
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Sunny Isles Beach, FLNovember 7, 2017
Its a good company, I must say but it has its pros and cons as any other company. They are very friendly but not quite always understanding. It is ok if you want to expand your skills as an Front Desk receptionist, or to say your guest service skills.
flexible interesting atmosphere
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Deerfield Beach, FLSeptember 1, 2017
This is a interesting job interacting with many people facets of the community Learn a lot about dealing with the population at large. Coworkers and management very interactive
Pros
life experience
Cons
short breaks
Lack of delivery of specific requirements of the position
AKAM Property Management - Mirabella Villas (Former Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLAugust 21, 2017
Daily reporting of condition of property logged in to journal to produce a weekly update to the Board of Directors.
Processing and review of all Rental applicants
Processing all Association assessment payments delivered or mailed to office.
Most difficult part of this position was the inability to enforce rules as set by The Board of Directors of Property, as there was not a Grievance Committee established.
Slow pace poor managment
Lead Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Hallandale Beach, FLJune 11, 2017
Start at 8 am, doing the readings then could be cleaning or maintenance depending on the people and chief engineering orders.

I can't learn much because there's no much to learn here.

Management is bad because they don't seem to understand that maintenance requires a lot of cooperation and team work and manager wants to work individually and without getting our shirts with grease or paint or any stain in it and if we do we must buy our new shirts.

In general the ideas are good but the way they want to execute them very poor and not well organized.

The hardest part of the job is the manager's request of not getting our shirts dirt at our expense if we do because is hard to do the job in time most of the times and the heat because trying to keep your shirt clean when you are pressure washing is near to impossible, same as for painting.

The Best is definitely Co-workers that help a lot to make the days easy and enjoyable.
Pros
Nice Chief Engineer and co-workers
Cons
everything else from poor help from management to no review of our jobs to see what we do.
Seems like a
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Broward County, FLDecember 28, 2016
Different people at the office all the time.

No real policies in place.

Reactive as opposed to proactive.

Get to involved in employees personal life
Front desk lead
Front Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  Dania Beach, FLAugust 29, 2016
Contacting unit residents and owners of any arriving guest, opening doors, calling any transportation. forwarding incoming calls to management office.
Great co workers
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Aventura, FLApril 23, 2015
Enjoyable co workers that create a team environment, great property managers but lacks the ability to reward hard working employees.
Low morale, poor upper management
Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  Dania Beach, FlJanuary 13, 2015
I am a self starter. I have a job and I know what I need to do. This company holds the accounting department in low regard. You must be a person who is able to multi task and can shift gears at a moments. poor upper management and no place for advancement.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Akam On-Site. Our community is ready to answer.