Aker Solutions Employee Reviews

The best job I've had to date
Senior Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 3, 2018
Fun atmosphere and plenty to do when we were at our peak. Met a lot of wonderful people some of which I plan on continuing to be in touch with even after I find a new job.
laid back atmosphere
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 27, 2018
Was a great place to work for. Culture was diverse. Open door policy worked sometimes. Depending on your position, it is a laid back atmosphere. Not too much pressure.
Productive and fun place with a ping pong table.
Quality Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX 77038April 9, 2018
Constant change in operations. Strength of L3 and L2 management lacking. Employee versatility not considered average within the industry. High turnover/layoff.
Pros
Informative town hall meetings
Cons
No opportunity for advancement
Wasn't a very productive place to work for me.
Warehouse Operator II (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 22, 2018
I came in, worked hard, learned my job and others. I was never offered an opportunity to move up. If you weren't related or had a close friend working here, your opportunity for advancement was very limited.
Pros
My work life balance was ok
Cons
Not very fair to those who try to move up the right way.
Great work life balance company
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 21, 2018
Great people to work with, and good technology driven company. Plenty of opportunities for advancement in the chaotic reorganizations as well as the ability to show up, do your job and enjoy life without much hassle.
Great people, great pay, very indecisive upper management.
Mechanical Engineer III (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALMarch 20, 2018
I enjoy the people I work with and my direct management. Politics decide career advancement and the longterm future of the company looks gloomy at best. Closing facilities and relocating employees while being extremely quiet about the company's future (i.e. is the company actually for sale? Are we expecting new project?)
Pros
People, pay
Cons
Little career advancement, gloomy future
good work/job balance
Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  São Jose dos Pinhas - Parana - BrazilMarch 18, 2018
Aker Solutions is facing economical issues to Petrobras scandal, once the major client is Petrobras. Due it Aker fired more than 2 hundred people. To mantain all employees Aker decided to work to encrease the eficiency.
Pros
salary
Cons
Oil and Gas sector is in dificult
good company to work
Principal Engineer Mechanical (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX 77042March 16, 2018
The ideal career position is one where I’m always learning new things and being stretched to be creative. I see this position as a great step in my overall career because I would be using Six Sigma as the primary methodology. While I am a practitioner, I think the degree of its use in the environment exceeds what most organizations do. This will give me a new level of expertise. From there I would hope that I could be given more complex projects.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
management
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 28, 2018
Aker management was more concern with profits and finishing projects than quality of the finish product. The workplace had people running to upper management to get other people laid-off. overall unhealthy culture.
Pros
Cons
everything
Organizations are constantly changing, lacks of consistency and process
Engineering (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 24, 2018
Organizations are constantly changing within two years. Manager turnover rate too high. Close down engineering and manufacturing in Houston, and move to Mobile without a solid execution plan. Company is disorganized, and lacks consistency and process.
Pros
Work/Life balance
Cons
Management constantly change
Zero opportunity for advancement poor managment
Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 16, 2018
Promotions where unheard off. Management was incompetent. There was often no clear direction on projects and management was quick to point the finger at employees when things didn't go well.
A good work environment
Employee (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 14, 2018
Not a bad company to work for at all, there is a lack of bureaucratic oppressiveness that I've experienced at other companies, and that is a good thing. Under the right economic conditions, the sky is the limit here. Also there is a ping pong table.
Pros
Ping Pong
Family-Friendly environment as all as productive
Associate Quality (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 6, 2018
Overall I enjoyed the short time I was employeed with the company, learned so much in such a short time frame. Management was willing ready and able to teach train and mentor to make sure production was up to par
Pros
Room for growth
Cons
Join the Aker Team in their time of a Crisis
great place to work
Offshore Engineering Technician- Lead client rep (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJanuary 28, 2018
great place to work, they treat you like one big family, will train you in many different fields, there are opportunity's for travel and advancement with in the company
Interesting place to work
Product Procurement Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 18, 2018
Aker has a unique culture due to it being a Norwegian company. Too many cumbersome processes/procedures which causes the need for many groups involvement to accomplish single task. Relaxed atmosphere is nice, but many take too much advantage of it and causes deadlines to push. Mandates come from other regions with little on no input from many of those that are affected most. Good benefits and some good people to work with as well.
Pros
Work/homelife balance, benifits, decent pay
Cons
to relaxed at time, corporate mandates, to much bureaucracy
I enjoyed working on Quality.
Project Quality Engineer /Project Quality Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 17, 2018
In the years there I developed skills and knowledge about the different Controls and Installations of products. I have enchanted my skills thru observation and hand on skill training with Aker help. It allowed me freedom to run my project with all Aker clients to end of projects here and abroad.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
traveling
it is the best place to work
Quality Engineer - Quality Management (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 11, 2018
I has been working for this company over seventeen years,
I am happy go to work every day, company offer eLearning system to education employer, we can challenge and growing every day.
Great Culture and work environment
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 9, 2018
The benefits and culture are great. Enjoyed working at Aker Solutions but changing the organization every 3 years won't cut it. Norway needs to get control of the individual locations across the globe. More focus on quality and partnering up with our clients needs.
good place to work, good benefits
Senior Designer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 9, 2018
Good place to work. I enjoyed my time there. People were great to work with and made a lot of friends. Gain experience working in the industry and always remembered as a good stepping stone in my career. Thank you.
Pros
Good benfits, flex schedules, good people.
Cons
Productive workplace with great colleagues
Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 8, 2018
As an engineer, I have enjoyed my time with Aker Solutions. Aker Solutions is well positioned to move forward with their new organization. I recommend this company for prospective employees.