Aki-Home Employee Reviews

Fun place.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CASeptember 4, 2018
Lovely people. Although the week is slow, the weekends are crazy busy. A bit boring at times, and sad to say no room for climbing the ladder. Good for part time.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Part time ONLY
Mediocre
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  United StatesJune 21, 2018
A lack of benefits and salary; versus the stressful situations handed down to each other. Besides not having any structure and discrepancies with salary.
Pros
Discount 5%. Part-Time flexble schedule
Cons
No benefits No paid vacation low discount
Fun place to work.
Sales Associate, Part Time (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAMarch 20, 2018
I loved this job. If I hadn’t moved out of state I would still be there. The crew that I worked with was a great group.
The company was very easy to work for.
Pros
Good products.
Cons
Fun place if looking for flexible schedule
Part Time (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaFebruary 14, 2018
old school way of running a business relying on word of mouth for sales and growth.

very slow pace work

typical retail store

good products overall mostly made from asia like other stores
Aki-Home
SALES SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAApril 27, 2017
Its a lot of hard work, but employees arent really appreciated for all that they do. The company always cuts employee hours because the store isnt making their sales goal. Management needs major improvement, they need communication with each associate, and talk instead of demand.
Ok job if you like retail
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chino, CAApril 7, 2017
A typical day at work is make sure everything is nice and clean, help customers, work in the register and push product. If you are scheduled to close you will have to toss the trash and clean the bathrooms. The management is okay they keep changing their brand though. New employees needs more training on what they will actually do. Work schedule is 20hrs a week, if you get lucky they give you 25hrs. It is a good part time job. Overall I enjoyed working there, I met a lot of nice people and learned a lot about furniture's.
Pros
Free lunches, Co-workers are always nice, store discount
Cons
Minimum pay, short breaks, mean customers
Okay job if you don't have better offers
Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaFebruary 27, 2017
What I learned working here...As in all retail stores, there is always something for employees to do. However, it takes only good employees to initiate to be productive and to contribute team work. Some employees do more than others for practically the same pay. Employee appreciation is only in the store level.
Corporate... only cares of generated sales but does nothing to show individuals appreciation for their hard efforts. Being Employee of the Month means nothing because you get nothing anyways.
Management... Some works hard and thorough, Some are lazy, Some are not focused & Some tries to make themselves look good with words.
Sales Team...the company is training them to be every man for themselves. Lack of salesmanship courtesy.
Pros
Schedule Flexibility and Co-Workers.
Cons
Minimum wage, minimal (ANNUAL only) pay increase, No commission, Sales Incentive is to a minimal and only if you reach the sale goal that the corporate gives you.
Good part time job for students
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Chino, CAFebruary 3, 2017
Not a lot room for growth. short shifts. not enough hours to go around. Bending rules to make profit. HR department isn't there for the associate.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
Poor management
Fun work environment productive time management
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Chino Hills, CAJanuary 24, 2017
Nothing like going to work at a place that you actually enjoy being at and all of the employees also. I find myself enjoying the work duties due to the pleasing work conditions and atmosphere the managers set for us employees.
Pros
Co-Workers
Cons
part-time and low wages
Fun in the beginning
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAOctober 28, 2016
I learned that if you want the store to be successful, you can only depend on some of the mangers and co - workers. I learned that when a company does not know what they are doing, they will just do anything to say that they did something.
Pros
LifeMart
Cons
Everything else
High turnover rate?
Former Applicant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 2, 2016
I've noticed that this company has been trying to fill the role of Product Photographer several times during the past 9 months. Why is that? Seems to me they have a revolving door, high-turnover rate. That's always a red flag for me.
Productive day
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAOctober 13, 2015
I've learned how to use exceptional customer service. My co-workers and managers were loving and we became a family. My personal goals were met each week and we became the #1 store.
Pros
Free lunch and cookouts
Cons
No breaks and people quitting
Fun workplace
Sales & Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chino, CASeptember 17, 2015
fun workplace with supportive co-workers, not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. growing new friendships and learning how to grow as a person being around different people
Pros
creating friendships
Cons
short breaks
Intresting
PART-TIME SALES (Current Employee) –  FullertonSeptember 16, 2015
I would not be the seller I am today without them. They do like to keep it hot. Love my co-workers for the most part. Our store management is great.
Unorganized amateur company
Staff (Former Employee) –  La Palma, CASeptember 4, 2015
This company is confused about what it wants to be and what it is. Operations has no retail experience, yet makes the major decisions. Overseas corporate is involved in everything, yet things are done haphazardly and without a clear action plan for the longterm. It's retail trying to reinvent the wheel with a triangle and toothpick.
Pros
Cons
nepotism and cronyism rampant at corporate
Great Company
Sales Sepcialist (Current Employee) –  FullertonJuly 22, 2015
I really love working here. Everyday is a new challenge and I'm learning so much! Everyone is great. But? If you handle fast pace and change, then you're better suited for a different company.
Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chino, CAMay 14, 2015
At Aki-home they are constantly changing the rules so every day is different. They like employees to stay productive and provide the unexpected to their customers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aki-Home. Our community is ready to answer.