Akima, LLC

Akima, LLC Employee Reviews

Ping Pong
I came in with a great attitude and everyone was friendly.

I learned a lot in my short tenure, but had very little time on my own to process the information.
Pros
Friendly
Cons
No communication
Excellent workplace
Need better management in charge. Management is quick to judge without seeing both sides, I understand you supposed to trust what your supervisors are saying but what they are saying is not necessarily the truth all the time.
Good pay and benefits for a job well done
This company is suitable for the employee who puts his head down and does his job. If you are a hard worker and can maintain professionalism throughout an entire 8 hour shift , this company will reward you with outstanding pay, benefits, and room for advancement.
Poor management
Pay attn. to the red flags; these are there for a reason. This company is literally breeding bullies, and going against their so-called "core values".
Good Management
It was fun while it lasted. I couldn't work there long enough unfortunately but I'm glad I had an exposure to this position. Everybody was very friendly and accommodating.
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
The most enjoyable part of my job is in the morning when i come to work greeting all my co workers, everyone look happy to start the day.
The most enjoyable part of my job is in the morning when i arrived to work , we all greeting each other , we do our job , we talk to each other, as a team , and everyone is working at the same level, we always saying good job to each other , like this the day go by fast before you know it , it's 2 pm time to go home .
Not a friendly place
Too much drama, people are not very honest,Company does not believe in teamwork even though they advertise it.Management are not trustworthy, HR department are vindictive,
Pros
Shifts hours 730 am - 400 pm
Cons
Lunch are too short 30 Mins
productive and fun work place. very firm work place
I've learned communication skills, how to fully secure a work place as a security guard, and not allow contraband on site. There hardest part of the job was keeping your composure. Some of the other workers would try and come in with different things and would get angry if I wouldn't let. I had to let them know that we all must follow protocal. The most enjoyable part was basically doing my job and being the best at it.
Company nickle and dime its employees.
We are under paid for the kind of risk that we are exposed to. Manager in charge of this are has no people skills and belittles his staff. ICE officials do the same with the exception of a few that are professional and have proper work ethics. It gets to the point where Officers only work two days per week due to poor decisions and planning.
Good working hours. Money was good.
Good place to work. Just hope not to have a bad manager. Its hard to get a promotion. Job security is not that good. You don't get pto in your first year
Akima is a great place to work. They really care for the customer, employees, and shareholders. The executives are really hands on, in the sense that they want Akima to meet its goals.
pay is terrible
Positions are set to one pay scale... there's hardly any increases or bonuses. Management doesn't really focus on you and your pay but more on the federal employees needs.
First five years were fine, after they hired a new untrained supervisor it was an intentional plot to make my job stressful, i was constantly harasse
New supervisor told other employees that he was looking to fire me, would make up false claims, I recieved multiple negative counseling, I never had one negative report during the first five years I worked there, I made reports to HR, they conducted meetings where the employees were disrespected an upper management did nothing, I even took my concerns to the corporate office with no avail, finally I quit because EVERYDAY I was harassed by this guy Raymond Burrows, I would never work there, I loved my job but there was a conspiracy going on after that individual was hired, even though the supervisor made mistakes that were terminating offenses.
Benefits
Cons
Untrained personnel in management positions
Great at first
It was great the first few days but then the supervisor on site is rude and has no people skills. I was having second thoughts two weeks into the job.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Hostile work environment
I’m a hard working woman who want to continue to succeed
I love the job but the company end up loosing the contract ..I wish I was still there it a good environment to work and I learned a lot more about the government facilities
Worst work environment ever no team work or effort. Everybody is against everybody.
Management sucks there to many favoritism there. Everyone is not treated equally and they give positions to the one they Favorites first. They say they don’t permit gossip but they continue it in the O5 everybody’s knows your personal business after you leave out from there.
Fair and accurate
Base on what I personally experience working for Akima, it’s been nothing less good vibes and memories. They treat you with lots of great potential to be come one of their leaders
Experience at Ft Gordon, GA was awful
These people are the most micromanaging, aggravating and downright spiteful people I've ever had the displeasure of working for. The turnover is ridiculous. The work schedule is horrible. No time hardly ever at home. The work environment is hostile all the time and needlessly. It's nothing but walking on pins and needles not to mention the shady relationships and dealswith governmane and the union.
A great company to work for.
A great company to work for..!!! Its just too bad that some of our jobs will end soon . I wish they had more positions to fill for those that are having to leave .
A typical start of day is Captain on shift yelling at you and showing aggression towards staff
Poor management, allows supervisors to be disrespectful towards staff, officers are guilty before even being heard. Two of three captains are unprofessional, bring personal issues to work place, hold grudges against officers, supervisors/captains team up against officers to write you up for suspension, rude, loud and yells at officers in front of detainees. Captain scream on the radio all day because she’s to lazy to walk on compound
Best job in General Aviation
Akima, by far, is the best place to work for GA and the best pay by $10/hr! Management is outstanding! Closed shop means everyone is Unionized and supports the people. I love my job.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Akima, LLC. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9