Akima, LLC Employee Reviews

great people to work for
Logistics Specialist/ Analyst (Current Employee) –  Fort Campbell, KYMay 18, 2018
Employer takes care of the employees. The benefits are not great but they work with the employees and take care of them. Retaining the same best employees is what they do best.
Data Entry Processor (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAMay 14, 2018
I enjoyed working in my cubical for hours, this job can get intense, the work is worth it. You have to focus on detail and be 99% error free. I worked with two computer screens , the only free time you get is you break and pretty much you are on your own since everyone is from a different race and they stick to there own race.
Pros
Job hours
Cons
Error consequences
Outdoors and training soldiers
Cultural Roleplayer (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCApril 23, 2018
You got to be part of the army training without being in the army. The training we provided was invaluable to making sure that our soldiers went overseas with the skills to be able to come home safely.
Pros
Got to play in the woods
Cons
Got to play in the woods
Love Akima
Fuels Journeyman (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 11, 2018
I enjoyed the two locations I worked at for Akima. Both of the facility managers were awesome to work for. If I could go back to work for Akima I would!!!
Pros
great work atmosphere
Cons
leaving them
Hostile
Security Force Manager (Former Employee) –  Tullahoma, TNApril 9, 2018
Sacrificing money over security, under staffing key critical security positions. Company has cut many corners on a Firm Fixed price contract IOT put more money in their bottom line.
Would not reccomed this company
Senior Paralegal (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VAApril 6, 2018
Managers do not return telephone calls or emails. Very hard to get information from management. Did not feel like I was supported or protected. Did not feel like any thing I said mattered.
Cons
No support from management
Highly stressful toxic work enviroment.
Projects Foreman/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAApril 5, 2018
All of the qualified people have either quit or are actively looking for other employment.All of the people in managment positions are all in no win situations.The good work that is accomplished is not due to the leadership but in spite of the leadership.
Racist company
Detention Officer (Former Employee) –  Miami FloridaMarch 23, 2018
The whole management staff are egotistical and racist. They hire dishonest former law enforcement officers as supervisors. They will lie on you especially if you are of African decent. The union is garbage, and everyday you come to work, leaving there every day is a challenge. They will terminate you for anything. If you are on their bad side you can forget it. The president of the this company knows this, but since it's blacks that are being fired it's ok
Cons
Horrible company to work for!
Grounds Maintenance Laborer (Current Employee) –  Tracy Army Depot, CAMarch 15, 2018
Horrible company to work. Biggest mistake I have ever made was excpeting the offer to work for this company. No matter how many times they change names it's still the same horrible company.
Pros
Cons
Everything about the company.
Stress, hostile, discrimination
DETENTION OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 1, 2018
Project manager abuses authority and corporate is aware,project manager married to an ex convict, rude, demanding, discrimination. Fire people often can't keep employees
Pros
Hostile environment
Cons
Check is great
I worked at Ft. Gordon, Ga. A fine place to work. Wish I still worked there!
HRAC Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Ft. Gordon, GAFebruary 20, 2018
I worked at Ft. Gordon, Ga. On a typical day at work I would review work orders, date of entry, and priority. I would go to work on the jobs based on that review. I would maintain the storage area as I set it up. The company often sent me to classes that improved my knowledge of worked related subjects. This was a terrific benefit! Although I enjoyed the relationship I shared with my co-workers, I often worked alone. My manager gave me a free hand and often said that if he received no complaints, I was doing fine. I enjoyed this freedom and found it a very efficient way to get things done. The job demanded a lot of overtime. I liked the money but found balancing the job with my family life challenging. It caused me to learn a lot about scheduling.
Pros
Job security and satisfying work environment
Cons
I'm not working there currently
Nice place to work
Senior System Analyst (Former Employee) –  Scott AFB, ILFebruary 16, 2018
People were great and wish I still could have stayed working but had to move on due to contract expiration at that time. Stayed very busy but it was very rewarding work.
Management is terrible
Supply Technician (Former Employee) –  Andrews AFB, MDFebruary 9, 2018
Management will blame the workers here on Andrews for their bad session making no advancement at all they only pick who they want to advance no matter if the person is qualified as a employee you will never get acknowledgement you deserve so apply to experience it if you like wasted 8 years there
Pros
Cons
A lot
Do not apply for this company
Detention Officer (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 26, 2018
One word describe the management they are horrible and rude dont waist your time they dont take care of the employees when you try to contact the management for days off vacation or time off because you work as a slave the answer is a no to everything .
Pros
N/a
Cons
All is a horrible company to work.
Akima
GOW (Current Employee) –  LA OfficeJanuary 24, 2018
Horrible management never will you receive a RAISE. If you are looking for a unstressful place where you can look for another job for the meantime this is the place. You are stuck at the pay you begin with and that’s what most people are unhappy about and the main management is horrible.
Pros
Not stressful
Cons
You don’t work weekends
great place to work
Facility operator/engineering Technician (Current Employee) –  Livermore, CAJanuary 22, 2018
Great place to work, good people, competitive benefits, good pay. a lot of paid holidays. H.R. is good(at least for me i had no issues). Been working for them since 2006.
Great Manager
Cost Accountant (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAJanuary 5, 2018
My last manager while I was there was PHENONENAL. She was the VP of Project Controls and she was very helpful. She taught me a lot, gave me opportunities to grow there, and was very fair in her judgments.
Pros
Project Control Management Rocks
Cons
Compliance team is not up-to-par in their behavior
Fun working place
Packaging & Preservation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 1, 2018
Very relaxed place to work, working with the military air craft and being a team player. The hardest part of the job is you are not able to discuss most of the thing you do. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I work around, how we was a team and not working against each other.
Pros
rewards, cared about employees and provide schools to get certificates
Cons
woking 10 hours a day became stressful
Busy but productive fun working place
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 26, 2017
I liked working there, my co-workers were great to work with. Corporate had other ideas and moved the work to Washington, DC. Management was great and willing to help you learn and grow.
Pros
Good workplace
Fulfilling work enviornment
Manager (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCDecember 19, 2017
Great place to work with good coworkers. Management only seems to care about the bottom line and not the employees. If your position isn't inline with a certain skill set its hard to get a raise or its very minimal.
benefits
Cons
Pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Akima, LLC. Our community is ready to answer.