Akima, LLC Employee Reviews

Ok
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Laughlin AFB, TXNovember 7, 2018
Del Rio Texas is a town on the Mexican border so it is subject to the problems that any other border town is subject to................................
Terrible tragedy.......
Denied Detention Lieutenant (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 20, 2018
Krome service processing center is thee worst place to work. The project manager makes emotional decisions and cares nothing for her employees or their families. Officers are scheduled on a weekly bases which gives you no time to plan your day to day activities and when you do have your 1 day off.......you will have to silence your phone because of all the calls/texts asking you to come to work. Officers are scared of retaliation and do not speak up about what is really going on. The union has signed away our rights as employees and does not fight for us....but don't worry ...our union dues are deducted on time every time. Senior officers are targeted and written up to be eventually fired or they choose to quit or have forced them selves into an early retirement . Officers are not valued and sickeness among the officers have increased ....stress related illness all around. Moral is the lowest ever and nobody cares. Favoritism is obvious and positions are made up and held for whom management wants, not who is best qualified. Officers are forced to be "acting supervisors" because management dose not want to "promote" .Certain officers that know somebody or belong to a certain group can boldly break rules and be overlooked.... while others get suspended, put on administrative leave for a lesser violation and ultimately fired and forgotten. Ex Lieutenant from medley police department was hired as deputy project manager and hired his sergeant from medley police department as an investigator. Investigations are actually interrogations.Management takes 2 hr group lunch breaks daily  more... and promotes open door policy but then targets you for removal when you have legitimate concerns. 401k and health benefits have been manipulated for years and cooperate has turned a blind eye. Pay discrepancies are a common practice. Do not come here to work or you will regret it!  less
Pros
no pros here....money with no peace of mind is worthless
Cons
Pay day.....if you survived that pay period without a write up or pending investigation!
Great company to work for
Role player (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VA 20171October 20, 2018
During our day working with AKIMA, we would have makeup applied to resemble injuries according to the "script" Long days, easy to work for managers. I would work with them again if the chance arises.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Long days in in-climate weather
training
Aircraft Technician (Former Employee) –  McClellan, CAOctober 11, 2018
long days without being productive just sitting there and waiting for our project. Good pay and benefits, Met managers on the phone and never in person.
Pros
good pay
Cons
not a clear company
There were no fun activities with the company outside of work.
Formality Review Clerk (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VA 22202September 18, 2018
I really don't have much to say about this company. It was just one huge setting with employees basically entering information all day. The hardest part of the job was that my supervisor was of another culture and there was a language barrier. So communication was difficult; other than that, the supervisor was nice and patient with what ever difficulties I had due to the language issue. The Director in charge of the Akima Contract wasn't considerate of individuals who may have lived a distance from the job. Employees had to clock in exactly on time or get written up. Three write ups per month was three day suspension without pay. Three write ups within three consecutive months was termination.
fast pace but fulfilling
General Clerk (Current Employee) –  Fort Gordon, GA 30905September 14, 2018
Took care of Soldier's needs from updating their life insurance to processing their Permanent Change of Station (PCS) Orders.

I knew nothing about military life and the steps of going from booth camp to your first duty station. It was like learning a new language.

first 2 hours in the morning was booked with appointments for Soldiers to update their records, marital status, or life insurance info.
Then we would pull class records using the Resident Individual Training Management (RITM) System and match them with RFO's (Request for Orders) from each Company of our MOS. We would pull files for all Soldiers in the class, that are ready for orders according the RFO. We would use the Personnel Electronic Records Management (IPERMS) system to gather information about soldier that needs to be on orders. (ie Rank, MOS, Airborne status, bonus info. all speciall instructions pretaining to new duty assignment, etc.) We would them process the Soldiers' PCS orders.

Job was hard at first but once you learned it, it was smoooth sailing.

Best part of job was knowing that you were helping individuals who are serving our Country.
Pros
no weekend work
Cons
health care fees kept going up; until I couldn't afford them any longer
Applicants Beware!!!
Detention Officer (Current Employee) –  Miami, Florida Krome SPCSeptember 10, 2018
This is the worst company I’ve ever worked for. Management lacks education and managerial skills. They lead by intimidation and scare tactics. They take things personal and retaliate against you. The officers morale is at its lowest. There is no job security. They write you up for any tiny mistake. If you forget to initial a non important form, that’s a possible 3 day suspension. There is no progressive discipline. They don’t excuse being late, not even for a car accident, house fire, or any near death experience. If you get sick at work, you have to write a memo before you can leave & you will receive a write up for “an early out “ when you return to work. If they call 911 & you leave in an ambulance, you will receive a write up when you return to work. They’ve had plenty of employee ambulance exits due to stress & high blood pressure. This place is losing officers weekly, mostly to getting fired and recently a huge increase in resignations. People are willing to take a pay cut for a piece of mind and job security. A lot of officers are waiting to get a phone call from their future employer. If their corporate office doesn’t wake up and pay attention, they will continue to lose good officers and profits due to paying so much in overtime. They probably will need to have a job fair really soon, since it is always short staff & it’s getting worse.
If you dare to apply, don’t quit your other job if hired.
Pros
Pay, free health benefits for employee only
Cons
Everything except the pay
This is a private security company for the federal government. Great pay, good job.
Federal Armed Detention Officer/Security Officer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 4, 2018
Very good pay. Benefits are good. Poorly managed. Supervision needs an overhaul. you will get mandated to work extras hours. Supervision doesn't care about your family life. Never going to see weekends off.
Pros
higher than average pay for western New York.
Cons
Poorly managed. Supervision needs an overhaul, you will get mandated to work extras hours, Supervision doesn't care about your family life, Never going to see weekends off, you 'll be lucky if you a holiday off, coworkers are very ruthless people.
Poor management
QC Auditor/Inspector (Former Employee) –  Fort Gordon, GAAugust 10, 2018
From the first day I never received any sort of formal training in the software required to do my job. It was a good thing that I took good notes from the then supervisor before he was released. Otherwise there was no training by Akima to be able to meet the requirements of the customer. I did the work according to my manager's expectation but the customer did not tell me how to fix the issue that he raised every week. Grew weary of the lack of oversight/management.
Pros
made good friends while there
Cons
poor/lack of training, low wages compared to hourly labor force
Role player
Role Player (Former Employee) –  Barstow, CAAugust 3, 2018
Dress up for the arm forces in the dessert. Who are training in Ft.Irwin CA.
Do practice drills to help the arm forces in different way of attacking or keeping the peace.
Pros
Great job
Cons
To hot
I absolutely enjoy working here
Homestead, Fl- Security officer (Current Employee) –  Homestead, FLAugust 1, 2018
I love what i do at my job the pay is great there are advancement opportunitys, the staff and our managers are very friendly and welcoming. I love it!
Pros
Great pay, flexible work hours
Cons
There are none
Good place to work, Solid management all Military Veterans
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  JBLM, WAAugust 1, 2018
Akima is a good company, value their employees and customer. Work flow is steady and always in demand. Enjoyed working with all my co workers. All employees are Military Veterans which really helped out when I was retiring from the Military
Sell Outs
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Arnold AFB, TNJuly 25, 2018
It's all about the money the company makes.....sacrifices safety and security for their bottom line. Company changes the rules on a daily basis and covers up everything.
Pros
Cons
Project Management cant be trusted
Akima
Logistics Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Fort Benning, GAJuly 24, 2018
Great job that I really enjoyed, Have to leave because of financial reasons. Everyone their was always willing to help and work with you. Great pay and environment.
Pros
Excellent job and easy to learn.
Cons
Not enough paid off time.
A great place to work
GENERAL CLERK III (Current Employee) –  Fort Carson, COJuly 18, 2018
If I wasn't in the process of relocating to AZ to be closer to family I would stay with the company. I would recommend working for Akima LLC to anyone. It's a M- F 7:30 - 4:00 with benefits and it's in an ideal location.
Depends on your manager
Project Analyst III (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAJuly 12, 2018
Greatest part were the conversations and the people - there are good people who work for this company.

Hardest part about the job was feeling underappreciated or undercompensated and your manager not realizing the value you are actually providing let alone the skills set, knowledge, and dedication which you bring. If you are in a position where you are constantly training someone who is supposed to be better qualified than you, who has a bigger title than you, who gets paid more than you, and who works under the same group/department and your boss doesn't realize it, then your boss should get fired. If you roll up your sleeves to do the work required even if it's outside of your expected assigned duties to help meet crucial deadlines and everyone but you gets a bonus that period, then you have a boss who is either greedy or has truly undervalued your worth. Either way, it is insulting and damaging to employee morale.

Your responsibilities could expand tremendously but if there is a salary freeze (and there had been many as the company worked through the recession and then some), don't expect any sort of raise.
Love it here!
Supply Technician (Current Employee) –  Eglin AFB, FLJuly 11, 2018
Found a job that pays well and get to work with amazing people! People I work under are easy to work with, and are willing to accommodate you should you need help.
Akima
Supply Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Lewis, WAJuly 9, 2018
I truly miss working for Akima, it was exciting going to work because I was working with US Army soldiers. Akima takes good care of their employees. I really wish I could find a job like the one I had with Akima again!
Pros
Meaningful work
Cons
No advancement
Enjoyed my job, need different managers
Customer Service Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Laughlin AFB, TXJuly 6, 2018
I worked with AFM for a few years. I loved my job but management was horrible. They never cared about their employees so that created a very unhealthy work place. That could have just been at the location I was working at. Overall I got a lot of experience which has helped me greatly!
My review of Akima Global services
Detention Officer (Current Employee) –  Miami, FL 33194June 24, 2018
It's a learning experience of getting to know and learn about other coulters. A typical day at Krome is, learning new things. The hardest part of the Job is not applying yourself.
Pros
health care, raises
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Akima, LLC. Our community is ready to answer.