Akima, LLC Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Depends on your manager
Project Analyst III (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAJuly 12, 2018
Greatest part were the conversations and the people - there are good people who work for this company.

Hardest part about the job was feeling underappreciated or undercompensated and your manager not realizing the value you are actually providing let alone the skills set, knowledge, and dedication which you bring. If you are in a position where you are constantly training someone who is supposed to be better qualified than you, who has a bigger title than you, who gets paid more than you, and who works under the same group/department and your boss doesn't realize it, then your boss should get fired. If you roll up your sleeves to do the work required even if it's outside of your expected assigned duties to help meet crucial deadlines and everyone but you gets a bonus that period, then you have a boss who is either greedy or has truly undervalued your worth. Either way, it is insulting and damaging to employee morale.

Your responsibilities could expand tremendously but if there is a salary freeze (and there had been many as the company worked through the recession and then some), don't expect any sort of raise.
Love it here!
Supply Technician (Current Employee) –  Eglin AFB, FLJuly 11, 2018
Found a job that pays well and get to work with amazing people! People I work under are easy to work with, and are willing to accommodate you should you need help.
Akima
Supply Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Lewis, WAJuly 9, 2018
I truly miss working for Akima, it was exciting going to work because I was working with US Army soldiers. Akima takes good care of their employees. I really wish I could find a job like the one I had with Akima again!
Pros
Meaningful work
Cons
No advancement
Enjoyed my job, need different managers
Customer Service Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Laughlin AFB, TXJuly 6, 2018
I worked with AFM for a few years. I loved my job but management was horrible. They never cared about their employees so that created a very unhealthy work place. That could have just been at the location I was working at. Overall I got a lot of experience which has helped me greatly!
My review of Akima Global services
Detention Officer (Current Employee) –  Miami, FL 33194June 24, 2018
It's a learning experience of getting to know and learn about other coulters. A typical day at Krome is, learning new things. The hardest part of the Job is not applying yourself.
Pros
health care, raises
Cons
Good people that try to do their job
Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Barstow, CAJune 24, 2018
Friendly people that work together. Try to advance their employees and support as possible. Management try to solve problems and hold their ground when required.
Pros
Good management
Office Manager/Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSJune 16, 2018
Good friendly people and customers, customer service was very important and the Company president was very fair and understanding with a great line of communiction with employees.
Great for people just entering the workforce
INSTALLATION PROPERTY BOOK CLERK (Former Employee) –  Fort Gordon, GAMay 30, 2018
The company offered the bare minimum benefit packages. The manager micromanages all employees and creates an uncomfortable work environment. Smokers were allowed to take unlimited breaks and non smokers were only offered two 15 minute breaks a day.
great people to work for
Logistics Specialist/ Analyst (Current Employee) –  Fort Campbell, KYMay 18, 2018
Employer takes care of the employees. The benefits are not great but they work with the employees and take care of them. Retaining the same best employees is what they do best.
Data Entry Processor (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAMay 14, 2018
I enjoyed working in my cubical for hours, this job can get intense, the work is worth it. You have to focus on detail and be 99% error free. I worked with two computer screens , the only free time you get is you break and pretty much you are on your own since everyone is from a different race and they stick to there own race.
Pros
Job hours
Cons
Error consequences
Outdoors and training soldiers
Cultural Roleplayer (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCApril 23, 2018
You got to be part of the army training without being in the army. The training we provided was invaluable to making sure that our soldiers went overseas with the skills to be able to come home safely.
Pros
Got to play in the woods
Cons
Got to play in the woods
Love Akima
Fuels Journeyman (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 11, 2018
I enjoyed the two locations I worked at for Akima. Both of the facility managers were awesome to work for. If I could go back to work for Akima I would!!!
Pros
great work atmosphere
Cons
leaving them
Hostile
Security Force Manager (Former Employee) –  Tullahoma, TNApril 9, 2018
Sacrificing money over security, under staffing key critical security positions. Company has cut many corners on a Firm Fixed price contract IOT put more money in their bottom line.
Would not reccomed this company
Senior Paralegal (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VAApril 6, 2018
Managers do not return telephone calls or emails. Very hard to get information from management. Did not feel like I was supported or protected. Did not feel like any thing I said mattered.
Cons
No support from management
Highly stressful toxic work enviroment.
Projects Foreman/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAApril 5, 2018
All of the qualified people have either quit or are actively looking for other employment.All of the people in managment positions are all in no win situations.The good work that is accomplished is not due to the leadership but in spite of the leadership.
Racist company
Detention Officer (Former Employee) –  Miami FloridaMarch 23, 2018
The whole management staff are egotistical and racist. They hire dishonest former law enforcement officers as supervisors. They will lie on you especially if you are of African decent. The union is garbage, and everyday you come to work, leaving there every day is a challenge. They will terminate you for anything. If you are on their bad side you can forget it. The president of the this company knows this, but since it's blacks that are being fired it's ok
Cons
Horrible company to work for!
Grounds Maintenance Laborer (Current Employee) –  Tracy Army Depot, CAMarch 15, 2018
Horrible company to work. Biggest mistake I have ever made was excpeting the offer to work for this company. No matter how many times they change names it's still the same horrible company.
Pros
Cons
Everything about the company.
Stress, hostile, discrimination
DETENTION OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 1, 2018
Project manager abuses authority and corporate is aware,project manager married to an ex convict, rude, demanding, discrimination. Fire people often can't keep employees
Pros
Hostile environment
Cons
Check is great
I worked at Ft. Gordon, Ga. A fine place to work. Wish I still worked there!
HRAC Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Ft. Gordon, GAFebruary 20, 2018
I worked at Ft. Gordon, Ga. On a typical day at work I would review work orders, date of entry, and priority. I would go to work on the jobs based on that review. I would maintain the storage area as I set it up. The company often sent me to classes that improved my knowledge of worked related subjects. This was a terrific benefit! Although I enjoyed the relationship I shared with my co-workers, I often worked alone. My manager gave me a free hand and often said that if he received no complaints, I was doing fine. I enjoyed this freedom and found it a very efficient way to get things done. The job demanded a lot of overtime. I liked the money but found balancing the job with my family life challenging. It caused me to learn a lot about scheduling.
Pros
Job security and satisfying work environment
Cons
I'm not working there currently
Nice place to work
Senior System Analyst (Former Employee) –  Scott AFB, ILFebruary 16, 2018
People were great and wish I still could have stayed working but had to move on due to contract expiration at that time. Stayed very busy but it was very rewarding work.