Akima, LLC

Akima, LLC Employee Reviews for Security Officer

Excellent workplace
Need better management in charge. Management is quick to judge without seeing both sides, I understand you supposed to trust what your supervisors are saying but what they are saying is not necessarily the truth all the time.
The most enjoyable part of my job is in the morning when i come to work greeting all my co workers, everyone look happy to start the day.
The most enjoyable part of my job is in the morning when i arrived to work , we all greeting each other , we do our job , we talk to each other, as a team , and everyone is working at the same level, we always saying good job to each other , like this the day go by fast before you know it , it's 2 pm time to go home .
productive and fun work place. very firm work place
I've learned communication skills, how to fully secure a work place as a security guard, and not allow contraband on site. There hardest part of the job was keeping your composure. Some of the other workers would try and come in with different things and would get angry if I wouldn't let. I had to let them know that we all must follow protocal. The most enjoyable part was basically doing my job and being the best at it.
Company nickle and dime its employees.
We are under paid for the kind of risk that we are exposed to. Manager in charge of this are has no people skills and belittles his staff. ICE officials do the same with the exception of a few that are professional and have proper work ethics. It gets to the point where Officers only work two days per week due to poor decisions and planning.
Great at first
It was great the first few days but then the supervisor on site is rude and has no people skills. I was having second thoughts two weeks into the job.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Hostile work environment
I’m a hard working woman who want to continue to succeed
I love the job but the company end up loosing the contract ..I wish I was still there it a good environment to work and I learned a lot more about the government facilities
Worst work environment ever no team work or effort. Everybody is against everybody.
Management sucks there to many favoritism there. Everyone is not treated equally and they give positions to the one they Favorites first. They say they don’t permit gossip but they continue it in the O5 everybody’s knows your personal business after you leave out from there.
easy job
This is a very easy job only problem is they do not allow you to sit down during an 8 hour shift and give you only two 10 minute breaks. Then after working a 16 hour shift you only get a 30 minute break. This place is very unorganized and unprofessional. Every check im missing hours or the pay me 1 pay per with 3 separate checks instead of giving me 1 whole check. Theres people that were hired months ago given access to the facility but has yet to be placed on schedule.
Pros
great pay for easy job
Cons
unprofessional and unorganized
Drama,favortism,racism just all wrong!
Homestead location is disgusting.it lacks leadership and support for the employees. The manager there is racist she has very bad communication issues.
Pros
Easy job to do
Cons
The managers are illiterate, 10 min breaks, no Life
I absolutely enjoy working here
I love what i do at my job the pay is great there are advancement opportunitys, the staff and our managers are very friendly and welcoming. I love it!
Pros
Great pay, flexible work hours
Cons
There are none
Sell Outs
It's all about the money the company makes.....sacrifices safety and security for their bottom line. Company changes the rules on a daily basis and covers up everything.
Pros
Cons
Project Management cant be trusted