Akima, LLC Employee Review

Warehouse staff at landover
Logistics Technician (Former Employee) –  Landover, MDMarch 22, 2019
Don’t apply here and this just applyies for landover. First off the benefits suck I’m single with no kids paying almost $400 for health insurance and a 40% coin insurance. Imagine if you have a family. One guy was paying $600 every two weeks and akima will only cover $660 ($4.25 HW PAY) of it. You can find better coverage for less but akima won’t let you roll your H&W pay into your base pay. Second thing is if they can screw you over they will. They never gave a pay raise to anyone that’s been there for awhile and will tell you that they can’t afford to give anyone a pay raise but bring in new hires and start them off at 65k-70k with no expierence. Or they will undercut you. This one young kid 22 years of age didn’t know better to negotiate relived this one guy who started off at 52K but paid the kid 40K for the same job which was messed up. Third thing is the work over there is nonstop they will work the dog out of you which doesn’t add up to what your getting paid even the new hires getting 65k-70k are through with that job. If you do apply please ask for that money cause they have enough to pay people a lot of money. They are hurting to hire people so believe me ask.
Pros
Potential to become an federal employee
Cons

Other Akima, LLC Employee Reviews

It was fun working with other employees
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Homestead, FLJanuary 14, 2020
80% time the work day is very good and productive. The job and work place was professional the culture was good . however the management should have been in touch with the workers.
Enjoyable place to work
A&P Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 9, 2020
Currently work here as the fueling supervisor. Great group of people to work with and I couldn't ask for a better place to work. This place has a family atmosphere and one I will miss whenever I happen to move on.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Akima, LLC. Our community is ready to answer.