Akima, LLC

Akima, LLC Employee Reviews

Ping Pong
I came in with a great attitude and everyone was friendly.

I learned a lot in my short tenure, but had very little time on my own to process the information.
Pros
Friendly
Cons
No communication
Worst work environment ever no team work or effort. Everybody is against everybody.
Management sucks there to many favoritism there. Everyone is not treated equally and they give positions to the one they Favorites first. They say they don’t permit gossip but they continue it in the O5 everybody’s knows your personal business after you leave out from there.
Fair and accurate
Base on what I personally experience working for Akima, it’s been nothing less good vibes and memories. They treat you with lots of great potential to be come one of their leaders
Experience at Ft Gordon, GA was awful
These people are the most micromanaging, aggravating and downright spiteful people I've ever had the displeasure of working for. The turnover is ridiculous. The work schedule is horrible. No time hardly ever at home. The work environment is hostile all the time and needlessly. It's nothing but walking on pins and needles not to mention the shady relationships and dealswith governmane and the union.
A great company to work for.
A great company to work for..!!! Its just too bad that some of our jobs will end soon . I wish they had more positions to fill for those that are having to leave .
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
A typical start of day is Captain on shift yelling at you and showing aggression towards staff
Poor management, allows supervisors to be disrespectful towards staff, officers are guilty before even being heard. Two of three captains are unprofessional, bring personal issues to work place, hold grudges against officers, supervisors/captains team up against officers to write you up for suspension, rude, loud and yells at officers in front of detainees. Captain scream on the radio all day because she’s to lazy to walk on compound
Best job in General Aviation
Akima, by far, is the best place to work for GA and the best pay by $10/hr! Management is outstanding! Closed shop means everyone is Unionized and supports the people. I love my job.
Overall bad experience
Bad communication between management and local team members. Lack of advancement and rude team members, even those trying to leave for better jobs after years of dedication are not offered more money to have them stay.
Only insiders move up
Akima isn't necessarily a meritocracy. Friends of those in charge move up while other and/or competent people are stuck at the same level. There are some good people but a lot of turnover.
as a general clerk contracted for a government agency
its not a bad place to work, the pace is fair and its easy to get your work done.
you get okay benefits though id consider the sick leave time lacking

overall i would rate it a 7/10
great jumpoff
Has good pay but u have to go through alot of drama, miscommunication, misjudging working there. They managers and supervisors cant be trust. You get sick alot, and those kids are sick and unhappy. They need to shut akima down
This job is for the birds!
Management is incompetent and over worked. Employees do whatever they want while your told to mind your business. They continue to hire individuals that pose a hazard and affects the efficiency of the job. No growth and no raise. Miserable people in a miserable environment.
Pros
Easy job
Cons
Management, incompetent employees.
easy job
This is a very easy job only problem is they do not allow you to sit down during an 8 hour shift and give you only two 10 minute breaks. Then after working a 16 hour shift you only get a 30 minute break. This place is very unorganized and unprofessional. Every check im missing hours or the pay me 1 pay per with 3 separate checks instead of giving me 1 whole check. Theres people that were hired months ago given access to the facility but has yet to be placed on schedule.
Pros
great pay for easy job
Cons
unprofessional and unorganized
A good place to work
I don't have much to say about this company, except I appreciate my employment. I have had an interesting learning experience and continued growth as an employee.
Stay away beware horrible place to work
Horrible place to work Management and Shift Supervisor is the most incompetent and unprofessional people i have ever seen being employed at any company. There are alot of bullying, harassment, disrespect towards Offficers. I have seen people break down and cry they use the fact that you make descent money and hold it against you by going after your job. Racism really do happen at Krome Detention Center working on the camp is like Slavery. They need to be investigated. I just might bring media attention to these matters.
Thankless
The day starts before your work hours begin. Managers use employees for their dedication and hard work ethic. Most work goes unrewarded. There is a hard and fast pecking order. Employees are promoted into positions for which they are ill suited, and then rewarded based on the enforcement of rules that make little to no sense. Very little regard given to managers who know how to do it and limited training opportunities provided. If you work in the shared services of Akima, be aware that you will be expected to work in servitude with very little voice and option for promotion from within. Buyer beware. Unless you are hired into a senior director or executive role, you are treated poorly with little rewards for hard work and dedicated service.
Atmosphere here is horrible
Management is horrible, the work morale is so low that no one wants to be at work only here for the decent pay rate. Management and the company overall could care less about the employees and they are allowed to talk to employees any kind of way and HR does nothing to correct the issue. There are a lot of things swept under the rug by HR and not reported to corporate.
Warehouse staff at landover
Don’t apply here and this just applyies for landover. First off the benefits suck I’m single with no kids paying almost $400 for health insurance and a 40% coin insurance. Imagine if you have a family. One guy was paying $600 every two weeks and akima will only cover $660 ($4.25 HW PAY) of it. You can find better coverage for less but akima won’t let you roll your H&W pay into your base pay. Second thing is if they can screw you over they will. They never gave a pay raise to anyone that’s been there for awhile and will tell you that they can’t afford to give anyone a pay raise but bring in new hires and start them off at 65k-70k with no expierence. Or they will undercut you. This one young kid 22 years of age didn’t know better to negotiate relived this one guy who started off at 52K but paid the kid 40K for the same job which was messed up. Third thing is the work over there is nonstop they will work the dog out of you which doesn’t add up to what your getting paid even the new hires getting 65k-70k are through with that job. If you do apply please ask for that money cause they have enough to pay people a lot of money. They are hurting to hire people so believe me ask.
Pros
Potential to become an federal employee
Cons
Drama,favortism,racism just all wrong!
Homestead location is disgusting.it lacks leadership and support for the employees. The manager there is racist she has very bad communication issues.
Pros
Easy job to do
Cons
The managers are illiterate, 10 min breaks, no Life
Poor leadership skills among mid-level managers and extremely underfunded for infrastructure supports
Company growing at a very rapid rate. Take care of their executives in terms of compensation, some of whom are very nice but the ones that effect org culture are a nightmare. Company culture is extremely oppressive for those who are not in management; the internal shared services (infrastructure) is stressed like a rubberband beyond capacity. Very limited opportunities to grow within the company and line level employees are treated very badly. The HR Department is completely siloed and ineffective at recruitment activities in particular. Company does not recognize the resources it has from within to promote. I learned that in order to grow professionally, one must leave the company. Very nice people who share similar experiences. Overall, mid level managers are amatuers and company needs leadership training to reform current oppressive culture.
Pros
Benefits, free coffee, nice gathering for breakfasts on Friday mornings
Cons
Too many to mention
Management needs a lot of work
This is a great company to work for with great opportunity to advance. There are great benefits and after a year you get a week paid vacation. Sadly at the CIF I was faced with some poor management that has made the experience much less grand for me.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Akima, LLC. Our community is ready to answer.