Akima Infrastructure Services, LLC Employee Reviews

Great people to work with.
Environmental Technologist (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMay 18, 2018
The position I had was working for the Groundwater division at Sandia National Labs. I only had contact with Akima regarding administrative issues. They were great to work with, and were very helpful when I had questions.
It was a great place to work
FMP&I - Customer Service Technical Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CAJune 15, 2016
It was great if you want to be temporary but i was looking for long term. I will continue to look on their website for more opportunities.
Good company
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CAJuly 15, 2015
this is a sub contractor that runs at the LLNL. they didn't really help the employees under their control. they really need to change the way they do business and work the same hours as the other employees.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
no back bone
Decent job, but hard to advance
Laboratory Animal Caretaker I (Current Employee) –  Livermore, CAJuly 14, 2015
The pay and benefits are okay and scheduling for my position is pretty flexible, but advancement is difficult and there are no yearly raises.
Good Company
Administrator II (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CAJanuary 8, 2015
Good company to work for. If I ever had any problem they would take care of it immediately, very protective over there employees which is appreciated
foot-ball soccer
custodian (Former Employee) –  livermore californiaSeptember 30, 2014
A typical day at work , every day there out something else to learn
the most enjoyable part of the job
Pros
carne asada
Cons
fitness
Akima is a great company to work for.
Customer Service Technical Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Livermore, CAOctober 17, 2013
Working at Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory for Akima is an awesome place to work but the up's and down's of working at a Government facility has been very scary.
Pros
benefits, holidays, pay are extremely great
Cons
Government shutdown
Cutting edge
Engineering Technician III (Former Employee) –  livermore, caOctober 1, 2013
Providing the science community with the latest products in the quest for a renewable energy source. Team work was essential to completed tasks. Taking lead role when needed. Co-workers became like a second family. Everyone was very nice and outgoing, willing to lend a helping hand whenever possible.The hardest part of the job was finding time to learn new jobs to advance while still completing your own daily tasks. The most enjoyable part of the job was never knowing what new projects you could be learning.
Productive and always changing place to work
Facility Point Of Contact (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CASeptember 24, 2013
A typical work day always started with review of on going work and what was new for the that day and the next couple of days. Then authorize all the work to be done that day. With building condition changing on a daily basis required me to keep myself well informed what the different research groups were planning for upcoming days. Each new day brought a new learning experience, the biggest was learning to deal with ever changing conditions and all the different personalities within the research and production groups. Most enjoyable part about the job was the ever changing conditions
Pros
close to home good set of co-workers
Highly Dynamic Work Environment
Target Diagnostic Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Livermore, CAJuly 16, 2013
Working at the National Ignition Facility at the Lawerence Livermore National Laboratory, I engage continuously with various levels of engineering, management, and scientific personnel from diverse backgrounds to field and reliability maintain a suite of over thirty diagnostics. My position requires me to be both a subject matter expert and to support the successful installation, commissioning and integration of hardware and software. As a Target Diagnostic Coordinator I also develop and constantly improve training procedures, experiment checklists, and one-line drawings as well as supervise, train, and support up to two technicians. Because of my ability for efficiency and team work I was recently presented with National Ignition Facility Performance award.
Hard work with a bunch of experienced estimators
Senior Estimator/Senior Planner (Current Employee) –  Livermore, CAJanuary 8, 2013
Very nice place to work. My colleagues are proffessionals and we are challenged on a daily basis.
Productivity and team work excellent.
Engineering Technician IV (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CANovember 21, 2012
We all worked as a team to put out a very high quaility product. Management and engineering support was always here if needed. We all worked with little or no supervision.
Pros
you worked at your oun speed as long as your work was done on time.
Cons
reducing in workforce.
Very clickish
Engineering Tech IV (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CAAugust 30, 2012
Company does not care about your concerns be it safety or discrimination, all matters will be left undone and swept under the rug. I wouldn't recommend my colleagues to work there.
Pros
illusion of job security
Cons
the lack of job security
Worst Company Ever
Site Lead - Instructional Designer (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJune 21, 2012
I have worked in the Defense Industry for a number of years. I began my career in the US Navy in 2000. After leaving the military with 7 years of active duty service, I have worked for 2 Fortune 500 companies, and the US Army Corps of Engineers (as a Federal employee). I know what makes a good company and what the best business practices are.

Akimia Infrastructure Services, lacks the any type of redeeming quality. They have a horrible management team that has no idea what they are doing. They do not value there employees rather see them as expendable. They are not open to suggestions that might improve moral, comradery, and inefficiency.

Overall, I've seen things done right in business and I've seen things done wrong. Akima may be the worst company in the Defense Industry so be leery before joining that sinking ship.
Cons
management, direction, communication, openness, planning, project management
Flexible down to earth work environment
Lead Graphic Artist (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VAApril 29, 2012
Akima offers opportunities to be highly productive and to advance design skills although chances to excel careerwise are not as prevalent. The casual environment allows one to feel comfortable and express ideas and opinions without fear of reprimand. Most co-workers have been inclusive and inviting to newcomers. A nearby park and several eateries offer decent places to frequent during work breaks.
Pros
flexible schedule, productive and social environment, nearby eateries
Cons
monitored work arrival time, tight deadlines, long hours, few advancement opportunities
Great Company
General Clerk 1, Trainee Student Processing Branch (Former Employee) –  Fort Gordon, GAMarch 27, 2012
I wish I could have stayed there forever, but as military spouse I had to leave.
Pros
great people
Cons
not a lot of benefits
Nice and caring group of employees concerned with helping one another
Receptionist/Certified Rapids ID Card (Former Employee) –  Fort Gordon, GAMarch 15, 2012
I enjoyed my time with Akima Infrastructure Services, LLC. I had the oportunity to acquire two job titles while with the same company. Akima allowed my skills to be applied in two separate offices within the unit. I was called upon when in need of extra help with the ID cards section with the student trainees section and with the Active Duty and Retired Service Members and their families. I would love to contribute my knowledge, skills, and abilities with Akima in the future.
Pros
various positions, knowledgable employees, veteran friendly
Cons
short lunch break, short on workers, customer care cards used