Akorbi

Akorbi Employee Reviews

Akorbi insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Overall satisfaction

Productive and Encouraging

Productive environment with resources available to help you succeed in this position. Colleagues are very approachable if you have a question and genuinely encourage others.

Cons

Contract work without guarantee of conversion

Fun interpreting jobs

Akorbi is a fun work experience! I enjoy the job as an Medical interpreter, because I get to drive around the beautiful island of Hawaii, and help patients or families with language barriers, but also teaching them English as a second language. It's fulfilling to make a difference in someone's life :)

Pros

Fun work environment

Great Workplace

Akorbi staff treat all their employees with respect and as if they were family. When you need help they go above and beyond to help facilitate the interpreters job

Pros

What’s not to love

Satisfied totally

Its a great experience working in akorbi , if you are looking for something works after having kids, then akorbi is the best place to work for. Am glad i am still part of it

Did temporary jobs but they had a steady flow so when one assignment ended another began, and the staff was very polite and encouraging. They really understand the balance between work and life,if you have kids this is a good place to work for.

Pros

Good work/life balance

Cons

Short assignments sometimes

Your experience matters.

Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.

Excelente

Trabajando con Akorbi yo he aprendido mucho sobre el campo de la interpretación, sobre todo en salud mental y del comportamiento. He conocido muchas carreteras y ciudades en el valle a través de esta empresa y me encanta poder trabajar con diversos clientes y en diferentes sitios constantemente.

Pros

Salario

Cons

Prestaciones

Lots of hours, no support, division within departments

Hopefully things are different now... we were very isolated. Too many changes in management in a short time frame. Great coworkers when were able to step away from your desk and talk with them.

Pros

Good health benefits

Cons

Long hours, hard deadlines, lots of impediments

Warning

Warning, this company does not pay as promised in their very poorly written contracts they refuse to make things right and expect you to continue working for them!

Cons

Won’t pay

Favoritism from Scheduling

The schedulers have favoritism with interpreters in Arizona. Several interpreter urge clients to request them by name. Every time I receive a job request from Akorbi and I reply within a second, I get a response "An Interpreter is already assigned to this job." This jobs are already being assigned to certain interpreters prior to sending the emails or text messages. It should be known several of the interpreters are NOT certified medical interpreters.

Friendly and professional

I enjoy my time working with Akorbi as an independent contractor Medical Interpreter. Very friendly and professional staff, I have the freedom to accept or deny the assignment. that gives me a flexible working schedule which I like.

Customer satisfaction

The good thing about working as an independent contractor is the time is yours. Every tine the interpretation finished there is always that happiness shared by clients.

It is a good company especially if they increase working hours. But the problem is the hour are as needed. Therefore I am trying to find a better in term of open working hours.

Great company

They pay too much and their management is great. I worked with them as interpreter so I didn't go to company site. my job was done at doctor clinic and you could refused the any assignment if you are busy

Working at PwC

Akorbi was the temp agency I was hired through. I actually worked at PwC. I would process incoming mail, scan, email to appropriate engagement team for their audits. Place and co-workers, management were very pleasant to work with.

Productive and fun place to work

This is an exciting company to work for. They are growing and always looking for ways to improve their internal processes as well as their external processes for the benefit of their employees as well as their clients. They offer a wonderful work life balance and really care about their people.

Fun fun fun great $

AKORBI is the highest paying interpretation company I know of. Can’t say my pay but it’s more than others that work there. I am able to accept the jobs I want and that’s a great benefit. I love this company owned by a female that is all For the female... not saying they don’t hire males because they do.

Pros

Great $, chose your assignments

Cons

1099, they don’t take taxes & year you must report your own income.

ok

Pros Generous pay, probably one of the best in the industry for freelance interpreters Cons It all started out fine for me, the fulfillment team was always available and supportive when needed. However, now it's a complete chaos! There is a lack of communication from the administrative staff-no one ever answers to e-mail inquiries or phone calls, they just ignore you. When the issue or a concern gets escalated to the upper management, there is no communication either. I am not sure if it is the case with everyone, or they are just biased against certain interpreters, like me who does not hold back their opinions about how bad things have been recently. Also, from my own experience they assign most of the jobs to one interpreter in the area either because that interpreter asks every single provider to request them exclusively or there is a favoritism going on at the company itself...This was brought up by me to the administration a few times and nothing was done about it. Pretty unfair distribution of work that does not factor in how qualified/likable the interpreter is. I have a very good record, always on time and provide accurate interpretation. However, as of this week when I finally expressed my concerns, they have completely stopped assigning me to regular encounters I have continuously attended for the past two years. Reducing the amount of job assignments to a minimum must be their way to retaliate against me. The bottom line-a very unethical and unfair company for independent interpreter contractors, so be aware!

Productive, strong and collaborative

I work as self employed interpreter with Akorbi, helping people by interpreting medical issues and terminology. The most enjoyable part was to see clients satisfaction by the services they receive.

Amazing Company

It's an amazing company with so many opportunities to grow, fairly enough training before I hit the floor, fast paced, adaptable, gained lots of knowledge while working, amazing work culture and good management, flexible hours.

Pros

already loving my job!

Cons

Excellent team work and environment

As Project manager, I have received a good training before starting to work, Also I have received support needed from my team leads, every time I need a PTO for some personal reason, Akorbi and HR department approves it without any problem. The teams are well connected and help each other in order to go in the same way. Personnally, I describe Akorbi as a great company to work and grow every single day on a professional way.

Arrive at work, assemble parts coming down thebelt.

Typical factory job. Clock in wait for parts to come down the belt. Assemble the part and send them back down the belt to the next person waiting. My co-workers were great to work with. We all worked as a great team.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Akorbi. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Akorbi