Akorn Pharmaceuticals Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Good Place. Friendly work environment
Rebate Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, ILJanuary 4, 2018
Overall it was a good place to work. People were friendly and willing to help. Hard work was appreciated. One used independent thinking. Management available to answer questions.
Fast Pace
Technician (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILDecember 18, 2017
Very sanitary work environment
friendly employees
benefits were available
Required to stay until your product was done running
Always worked more than 12 hours
Working Environment
Documentation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Somerset, NJDecember 15, 2017
Very collaborative environment to work. Friendly co-workers and helpful. Job does get stressful in sticking with deadlines and coordinating information that's needed.
Had its challenges
Quality Assurance Manager (Former Employee) –  Somerset, NJDecember 13, 2017
Typical work day was always busy and fast paced. Most enjoyable part of the job was the employees. Hardest part of the job was communication. High turn-over.
People
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILNovember 21, 2017
Akorn Pharmaceticals is a very important company when it comes to making the pharmaceuticals for medical carriers and drug stores. Management was an issue.
FDA DSCSA Track & Trace Serialization Program
Serialization Delivery Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, ILNovember 2, 2017
Serialization Work stream PM responsibilities involved responsibilities that combined Scrum Coach, Scrum Master, Program Director, Operations Director, Project Manager, Security, Compliance, Regulatory awareness and most important Alliance Building skills.

While in a leading role, I learned more about 21 CFR 11 and FDA validation requirements for tracing and traceability of pharmaceutical drugs.

Akorn Inc is a mid-sized but growing Pharma Company and the work culture was transitioning towards mature business practice that also exercised legacy business practices that valued employee contributions and compassionate for employees welfare. Aside from leadership, this is one of the main reasons that Akorn seemed to thrive and grow in a very competitive market segment.

The hardest part of the job was the size of the project team and concurrent activities and keeping communications and scheduling harmonized. specially when there was a dependency with solution partners that provided newly designed and manufactured logistics materials handling hardware and also was developing new big-data application management systems..

Being able to work with autonomous teams, work streams and adherence to stringent compliance and regulatory parameters requires disciplines to details, collaboration and a level head as patience will be pushed to its limits.
Pros
Open minded to employee idea's and contributions
Cons
initiating too many IT project concurrently with limited staffing resources
n/a
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Current Employee) –  Lake Forest, ILOctober 24, 2017
Great place to work. Looking for a company to grow with and gain more valuable experiences to collaborate together in a growing company...............
Waste of five years
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Lake Forest, ILOctober 17, 2017
Waste of five years. The first year was a waste. The second year was a waste. The third year was a waste. Oh yeah, the fourth year was a waste. And finally, the fifth year was a waste. I hope I made myself clear.
very challenging, difficult work environment
Sterile Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ILOctober 5, 2017
Akorn has a very challenging work environment on a day to day basis. It is very difficult to work in such an environment where there is no support from the senior leaders in the organization.
Pros
Cons
too many
Good job!
Investigations Technician (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILSeptember 20, 2017
Decent job. Good benefits. Pay is okay for the area and considering the company makes only generic less profitable drugs and holds no patents, however coming from a big pharma company the pay is less than standard. Good management. Lots of management changes recently.
Pros
good work/life balance
Cons
less than normal pay for pharma industry
Behind the times with processes and management culture
Formulation Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ILSeptember 19, 2017
Not open to process improvements or moving eh business toward lean manufacturing culture. Pay is below what is expected and not open to change or continuous improvement.
Very helpful team!
Quality Assurance Tech I (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ILSeptember 18, 2017
Everybody is willing to answer questions and help if need be. The environment can be a little stressful depending on the department but over all it's a nice place to work.
Once a great place to work
Brand Manager, Mature Brands (Current Employee) –  Lake Forest, ILJuly 21, 2017
Was a very nice small company. With acquisition and new management became a very difficult environment. New environment became like that of big pharma with culture of politics and meanness.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Very lean working conditions
good pay
Line Technician (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILJuly 20, 2017
the pay is good. the hours can be really long. the management seems to all be jerks. no room for errors. strict guidelines. but an okay place to work.
Productive and fun place
Contract Rebate Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, ILJuly 13, 2017
Casual work environment
Free lunch and breakfast every Friday
a well known company
friendly oriented environment
easy to get along with co-workers and the management
I enjoyed my job responsibilities and the people I worked with.
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILJune 12, 2017
I enjoyed my work and the people I worked with.

I appreciated the opportunity for working in a good Pharmaceutical company. I learned a lot from the people I worked with.

The hardest part of my job there was working with insufficient number of trained people.
Pros
Good Pharmaceutical company
Cons
No comment
engineer
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILApril 27, 2017
A good solid company that had decent management but it required to much off time support. It required me coming in on weekends and holidays with out any compensation for those days.
Pros
good work enviroment
Cons
to many hours
good job
Ampule/ Vial Medication Inspector (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILFebruary 9, 2017
This was a nice job just couldn't work third shift. I highly recommend this job to anyone who is willing to work. Have all shifts it is just hard to get onto first shift.
Investigation Technician
Investigations Technician (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILDecember 28, 2016
Good company to work for, growing! Packaging and processing equipment is dated, slowly being updated. Expansion is ongoing, wages are decent but not up to industry standards. Benefits are great and affordable.
nice place to work
Quality Auditor (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILDecember 13, 2016
Nice place to work. I got to work at my own pace. I only left because of the hours were second shift. I also didnot like the pay. I make more money now and is looking to make even more with my experience and degree.