Akron Children's Hospital Careers and Employment
Work happinessScores based on about 273 responses to Indeed's survey on work happiness
More Than a Job
It’s loving what you do - and why you do it.
Akron Children’s Hospital is ranked among the best pediatric hospitals by U.S. News & World Report, but it’s our compassionate approach to treatment that sets us apart. It’s creating special high-fives. Thinking of new ways to spark a smile. Holding hands to offer comfort. And working to get a giggle that brightens a room.
The minute you walk into Akron Children’s, you can sense that people here love what they do. From visits with the Doggie Brigade, to the balloons and smiles in the halls, the sights and sounds are all about one thing: the children.
We are the largest pediatric healthcare system in Northern Ohio and one of the fastest growing in the country. With two hospital campuses, regional health centers and more than 50 primary and specialty care locations throughout Ohio, we’re making it easier for today’s busy families - regardless of where they live - to find the high-quality care they need.
No matter which of our locations you choose, you’ll see that when you give the most, you get more—support, rewards and satisfaction.
You’re seeing all 726 jobs at Akron Children's Hospital because we can’t find any available jobs at Akron Children's Hospital close to Ashburn, VA at the moment.
Salary estimated from 616 employees, users, and past and present job advertisements on Indeed.
Employees at Akron Children's Hospital have reported receiving these benefits. They will vary by role and location.
This is a company I feel honored to work for. Their key elements boil down to the kids and they appreciate every one of them. The management can be tough to work with at times and many people say compensation isn’t what it should be, but in the end it’s the patients we are there for and it feels good to be a part of that.
Meaningful work and the company truly seems to care about the employees. The hospital gives back to the community and seems to really put the children first. Coworkers were great and always willing to help each other.
Fun environment, lower pay than other hospital systems In the surrounding Akron-canton-Cleveland area. Patients are fun to work with but hours and staffing are difficult.
You will get to perform at the top of your abilities as a Respiratory Therapist and get experiences you won't find elsewhere. Unfortunately, there is little room for advancement unless you're a nurse and the RRT pay is not sufficient for the level of performance expected.
The unit I worked for was an exclude sorority-like clique that showed me no respect because I wouldn’t become chummy with them. I’m here to work, not gossip.
What would you say about your employer?
People have asked 74 questions about working at Akron Children's Hospital. See the answers, explore popular topics and discover unique insights from Akron Children's Hospital employees.
Insights from 137 Indeed users who have interviewed with Akron Children's Hospital within the last 5 years.
Strengths and weaknesses, what is your communication style, how do you operate in a team 3 things you are looking for in an employer, what is your ideal manager, how do you multi-task, how are you efficient?
Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Tell me about a time you solved a conflict in your job. Tell me about a time you went above and beyond. Be familiar with the 3 Akron Children's Promises.
They asked the typical behavioral interview questions nothing challenging. They also looked for the goodness of fit i.e. cultural fit.
Select a topic to see what people are saying about different issues
- Professional developmentExplore skills and training, pay raises and promotions and management and culture.
- Mission and valuesExplore company values, community, the relevance of the mission and moving on.
- PTO and work-life balanceExplore PTO allowances, work-life balance and flexibility and parental leave.
- Work from homeExplore work from home during COVID-19, remote work support and work-life balance.
- Parents and caregiversExplore parental leave policies and other benefits, company culture and general support.
- Internships and graduate programsExplore support and satisfaction with programs for new and emerging graduates.
- COVID-19 responseExplore leadership during COVID-19, working conditions and WFH support.
- Accessibility, Disability and AccommodationExplore employer support and available accommodations for people with disabilities.
- articleWhat’s it like working at Akron Children's Hospital?Published on May 24, 2021
- Akron Children's Hospital