Akron Children's Hospital
66Average

Akron Children's Hospital Employee Reviews

United States275 reviews
I enjoyed the job.
I enjoyed helping the patients and liked working as a team. I felt what I did mattered. I liked my co-workers. The management kind of treated BHU like the red-headed step-child though. We were part of the ED but left out of important communication- like manditory meetings!
Fun & Productive working envirnoment
Excellent company and a lot of great people working there. Outstanding benefits, team approach, dedicated, hard-working and very caring company.

I would go back in a heart beat after the Covid-19 is over.
Poor management teams. Only care about what looks good not about empliyees
management teams overall have no sense how to treat nurses/employees. Their motto is do as you're told and ask no questions. management is almost robotic.
Horrible management
My nurse manager was very unprofessional, rude and unsupportive. The entire work environment was punitive. Worst job I ever had in my 12 years as a nurse.
Review summary
Don’t make it hard on yourself work efficiently and take care of buisness. Show up on time and ready to attack any task given to you at any moment of the shift.
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
Primary care for hospitalized pediatric population
Caring for hospitalized pediatric patients and their families is very rewarding. Education to the family is a priority in this population . In addition to patient care, standards of work, policies, procedures, protocols, ethics, are just as important to complete accreditation and patient safety daily.
More than a job
This hospital is different than any other hospital I have been in. You are greeted with a smile by every person you see. Everyone is there for the children and does their best day in and day out.
Always loading more work on employees.
People skills are so important but not everyone has them. Managers don't reward extra effort by staff. I have seen many coworkers quit over the years because they felt frustrated 😞. The job description is ever changing and hard to adjust to the increased demands. You will be FORCED to take a flu shot every year, if you refuse they fire 🔥you!
Pros
Benefits are OK
Cons
More carrots, less sticks!
People stay at this company
This is a wonderful place to work. Many of the employees have been here 15 years or longer. I have enjoyed meeting all the wonderful people who work here over the years. I have been employed by Akron Childrens for the past 13 years and prior to this I was employed here for 9 years before I had my own children.
Good worker
I am a hard worker and I get alone with everyone I work with. I excel in my field really well. I have good people skills and communicate very well with others.
Standard Children's Hospital
Nothing special, except the ability to raise money. They are very good at marketing, and not too much else. The entrenched culture is archaic and slow to learn.
fun workplace
fair organization, learned a lot, great people, good food, very busy, no flexible hours, no, overtime, small sick hours, low pay for work performed, high phone volume
A fine institution to be a part of.
I loved working at Akron Children's. It is a fine institution and a leading pediatric hospital in northeastern Ohio with a wonderful reputation, caring staff and a family atmosphere.
Excellent workplace environment
The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing children get better. Although working as a nurse can be stressful, the workplace culture is unlike any other hospital. The faculty are welcoming and encouraging.
Great place to work.
I loved working in with the physicians and office staff in ENT. The pediatric patients always had something new to tell you. You need to love children
Flexible shifts and amazing coworkers
Most coworkers at ACH were very excited and happy to be there and easy to work with. Shifts were flexible and managers were responsible and informative.
Pros
Flexible shifts, employee satisfaction, benefits
Great employer, bad department
I love ACH and I want to stay here- but, specific departments have people in management who drive good employees away. I would still recommend getting your foot in the door if you can. if you don't like your department, try to transfer out after one year.
Excellant place to work except for some management problems. When addressed nothing is done this is one reason I retired. When you are not appreciated time to leave
Declined over the years
I worked for the home care division for 21years. The work environment changed drastically over the years. It became more corporate based and not about the families and patients but about money. It became a hostile environment. The work ethic declined and overall attitudes became toxic
Loved my positions at Akron Children's Hospital! The pay is fair, staff is great and an overall great place to work. Many opportunities within the company and lots of room to grow!
Best position ever
I love working and volunteering at this place the staff makes you feel very welcome and being around the children can light up your day it’s a special type of feeling
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Akron Children's Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
2.7
InHerSight Score
2.7Personal Development
3.0Career Opportunities
2.5Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight