Akron Children's Hospital Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
I loved working here
Maternal fetal cardiology RN (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHJuly 13, 2018
There is no place like Akron Childrens Hospital that I've personally experienced. The work culture, the perks, and the amazing education and mentorship as well as advancement opportunities are amazing! I would be honored to have the opportunity to work there again someday!
Pros
Almost everything
Cons
Short breaks
No advancement
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHJuly 11, 2018
Hr hires mostly outside people instead of people that work on the inside. There are employees who don't want to be in the kitchen or house keeping forever.
fun to work at akron children's hospital
MRI TECHNOLOGIST (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHJuly 10, 2018
I been working at akron children's hospital for 10 yrs and I loved everything about it. very professional staff and handworkers. everyone of us here for the patient.
Enjoyable but some setbacks
EMR Specialist I (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHJune 26, 2018
The culture is fantastic and I do truly enjoy working here but there is a lack of advancement opportunities within the IT department. The compensation is basic at best. You could definitely find a better paying job with more career options but not sure if the culture would compare to this hospital.
Pros
friendly
Cons
benefits, compensation, career path
The hospital does great by it patients, not employees
Scheduling (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHJune 21, 2018
I worked at Akron Children's for almost a year now and the best day was when I put my notice in. The clinical staff is wonderful and the doctors do a great job with their patients. Despite my experience as an employee I still bring my kids here. The management however is awful, things are constantly changing without notice and there is an obvious bias. To make it worse HR does nothing to help the employees and just writes down the concerns to never be heard of again. Most employee's in my department are in constant fear of actions being taken against them. Also the sick policy is terrible, even with a doctor excuse you get points that rack up. Holidays are not automatically paid the time comes out of your own PTO. I have never received a write up in my employment history till I worked here due to an illness I could not help. Once again the clinical staff is amazing and I love all that ACH does for the patients. As far as the scheduling departments, I would never recommend someone to work here.
Pros
Coworkers are amazing, healthcare is awesome, you can see a difference being made
Cons
Terrible management, awful sick policy and lack of compassion
Productive workplace and great enviornment
Surgical Technologist Student Externship (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHJune 8, 2018
All the employees are very nice and helpful and make this a great work environment, whether for a new employee or student coming in to learn. I learned a lot there as a student and soon to be employee.
Pros
great staff, reasonable breaks
Cons
Productive, Innovative and fun place to work
REGISTERED NURSE (Current Employee) –  ohioJune 5, 2018
ACH appeals to children of all ages and is driven by their organizational mission surrounding the care of our communities children. ACH offers excellent tuition reimbursement and career advancement opportunities. ACH promotes education and strives to make their employees successful in work and life.
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHJune 5, 2018
Great place to work. Employee's are friendly and hard workers. Supervisor's are awesome. But pay wage for the field I work in is below average. Great job to have.
fun place to work
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Akron, OH 44308June 4, 2018
Patient comes first. Great place to work. I learned the best I can be at Akron General. Management was concerned and helpful. The hardest part was seeing people sick. the most enjoyable is my job was rewarding.
EMR Trainer/ER Registration (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHJune 4, 2018
Enjoyed working there. Love working with kids. Had great hours and enjoyed traveling to other locations to train front desk staff on new software. Plenty room for advancement.
Pros
Cons
Had one bad manager
The absolute worst
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHMay 29, 2018
I have 34yrs experience in my profession & this is the absolute worst place I've ever worked. Management...especially in this department... demeans you on a daily basis making it a very hostile work environment. You are berated daily for minor things yet those that are in charge not only don't know HOW to do your job, they are educationally UNQUALIFIED to do so, yet upper management seems to not have an issue with that at all. They don't care about your well being...You are a body.. period. You have no one to back you up.... human resources is a joke... you can't even get a hold of anyone & they even moved the department OUT of the main building so it's not even easily accessible. Akron Children's plays on the public's sympathies being a childrens hospital but it is a cutthroat business towards it's employees... which is the only good thing, the employees, about this crooked employer & its management.
Pros
The majority of the coworkers
Cons
HORRIBLE management
Akron Children's Hospital
Sr. Network Engineer - Enterprise Voice Lead (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHMay 16, 2018
The culture at the hospital is definitely something all employees can support, being that helping children and families is the primary concern. Additioanlly, working in the technology field within the hospital, we were able to touch and get experience with multiple areas of technology. However, management across the board (healthcare and business) is something that was consistently poor. Over 6 years working on the team, 9 engineers came and went due to poor management and direction within the department.
Pros
good team
Cons
management, Vacation and Sick time
worked with some great people
Maintenance technician/Dayporter (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHApril 24, 2018
this was the best job i ever had could not ask for a better work environment the staff was outstanding events held for kids and staff and more resources than any job ive ever had
Pros
people and co-workers
Cons
odd hours
Great
School Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHApril 20, 2018
great working here so many opportunities so many people who are so nice and sweet the patients are cute and sweet as well I love working for a place where they care.
Great place bad management
Manager Research Administration (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHApril 3, 2018
Was laid off due by a bad boss. Was fired because I was a mail and she was female and sexist. Got jealous was she lost power due to me being in the room.
Fun place to work and alot activities to get involed in.
Secretary to Director-Food Service (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHApril 2, 2018
Great place to work with great benefits and able to move around. Friendly and nice people. My manager was great to work for. Kept up to date on processing my job.
Not worth it
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  OhioMarch 24, 2018
Very wishy washy. Say one thing and then do something else.. Upper management not helpful. Regular staff and MDs were great. Just not very friendly upper management
children's hospital is a good place to work
REGISTRAR (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHMarch 19, 2018
I liked working at children's hospital because I gained knowledge of a computer software. I learned how to have patience, I interacted with many families. I was compassionate towards people.
Pros
I gained alot of experience and knowledge
Cons
not able to advance
Great hospital to work for
Registered Nurse - NICU (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHMarch 16, 2018
I loved working at Akron Children’s Hospital. Everyone was very nice and willing to help. Only reason I left was due to relocating. I would recommend working at this hospital to everyone!
great job
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  AkronMarch 10, 2018
I feel like my employer has its flaws just like anywhere else ut I enjoy working here a lot of great people and chances for advancement. I highly recommend

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Akron Children's Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight