Akron Children's Hospital Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Best place to work
Registration Specialist and Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHAugust 16, 2018
Working in the ER is very fast pace at times. It can be exciting and something different at all times. Company as a whole is absolutely wonderful to work for.
Great place to work and to retire from
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHJuly 25, 2018
The most enjoyable part of my job is working with the children and the families. The medical and support staff are fun to work with and easy to get along with.
Pros
Gifts every now and then
Cons
No Paid vacation time. You have to use your pto for holidays and vacation
hospital is great to the kids and parents
Insurance Collection Specialist (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHJuly 24, 2018
The hospital treats the kids like gold/ very professional /benefits are excellent. vacation time is great you get x amount of hours according to how many years you've worked there. Employees are great.
Pros
hour lunch
Cons
mico managed
Great place to work. They really do care about their employees
Paramedic (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHJuly 17, 2018
Great place to work. Management needs some work but they get the job done. Akron Children's Hospital is a little slow when it comes to hiring with in.
Pros
4 days off a week
Cons
Late working hours
I loved working here
Maternal fetal cardiology RN (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHJuly 13, 2018
There is no place like Akron Childrens Hospital that I've personally experienced. The work culture, the perks, and the amazing education and mentorship as well as advancement opportunities are amazing! I would be honored to have the opportunity to work there again someday!
Pros
Almost everything
Cons
Short breaks
No advancement
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHJuly 11, 2018
Hr hires mostly outside people instead of people that work on the inside. There are employees who don't want to be in the kitchen or house keeping forever.
fun to work at akron children's hospital
MRI TECHNOLOGIST (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHJuly 10, 2018
I been working at akron children's hospital for 10 yrs and I loved everything about it. very professional staff and handworkers. everyone of us here for the patient.
Enjoyable but some setbacks
EMR Specialist I (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHJune 26, 2018
The culture is fantastic and I do truly enjoy working here but there is a lack of advancement opportunities within the IT department. The compensation is basic at best. You could definitely find a better paying job with more career options but not sure if the culture would compare to this hospital.
Pros
friendly
Cons
benefits, compensation, career path
The hospital does great by it patients, not employees
Scheduling (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHJune 21, 2018
I worked at Akron Children's for almost a year now and the best day was when I put my notice in. The clinical staff is wonderful and the doctors do a great job with their patients. Despite my experience as an employee I still bring my kids here. The management however is awful, things are constantly changing without notice and there is an obvious bias. To make it worse HR does nothing to help the employees and just writes down the concerns to never be heard of again. Most employee's in my department are in constant fear of actions being taken against them. Also the sick policy is terrible, even with a doctor excuse you get points that rack up. Holidays are not automatically paid the time comes out of your own PTO. I have never received a write up in my employment history till I worked here due to an illness I could not help. Once again the clinical staff is amazing and I love all that ACH does for the patients. As far as the scheduling departments, I would never recommend someone to work here.
Pros
Coworkers are amazing, healthcare is awesome, you can see a difference being made
Cons
Terrible management, awful sick policy and lack of compassion
August 14, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. Your review highlights aspects of our work culture and environment that we hold important. Akron Children’s main priority is to treat every child as our own. In order to accomplish this, we first must ensure our employees are taken care of.

Management and HR are integral to constructing an inclusive and nurturing work culture for our employees. We take your concerns with these units seriously. To file a formal complaint, please contact HR at (330) 543-8330.

The co-workers are great
FINANCIAL COUNSELOR (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHJune 12, 2018
Akron Children's is a very nice place to work. It is very family orientated. The patients truly come first and I think this place is great. I would recommend Akron Children's to anyone.
Pros
Great Employees
Cons
Food
Productive workplace and great enviornment
Surgical Technologist Student Externship (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHJune 8, 2018
All the employees are very nice and helpful and make this a great work environment, whether for a new employee or student coming in to learn. I learned a lot there as a student and soon to be employee.
Pros
great staff, reasonable breaks
August 14, 2018

Thank you for choosing to start your career with Akron Children’s. We’re glad that your experience here reflects the efforts we have taken into providing professional development opportunities and resources. We look forward to continue to grow with you as a part of our work family.

Productive, Innovative and fun place to work
REGISTERED NURSE (Current Employee) –  ohioJune 5, 2018
ACH appeals to children of all ages and is driven by their organizational mission surrounding the care of our communities children. ACH offers excellent tuition reimbursement and career advancement opportunities. ACH promotes education and strives to make their employees successful in work and life.
August 14, 2018

We appreciate your review. Thank you for highlighting some of the benefits we offer our employees. We prioritize our employees so they can focus on taking care of the children and families we serve. Akron Children’s values you as a part of our work family and looks forward to our continued success together.

Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHJune 5, 2018
Great place to work. Employee's are friendly and hard workers. Supervisor's are awesome. But pay wage for the field I work in is below average. Great job to have.
fun place to work
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Akron, OH 44308June 4, 2018
Patient comes first. Great place to work. I learned the best I can be at Akron General. Management was concerned and helpful. The hardest part was seeing people sick. the most enjoyable is my job was rewarding.
August 14, 2018

Akron Children’s Hospital was founded to serve the needs of our community. Placing patients first ensures we do just that. Thank you for taking the time to write us a review and for your service to Akron Children’s and to our patients.

EMR Trainer/ER Registration (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHJune 4, 2018
Enjoyed working there. Love working with kids. Had great hours and enjoyed traveling to other locations to train front desk staff on new software. Plenty room for advancement.
Pros
Cons
Had one bad manager
The absolute worst
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHMay 29, 2018
I have 34yrs experience in my profession & this is the absolute worst place I've ever worked. Management...especially in this department... demeans you on a daily basis making it a very hostile work environment. You are berated daily for minor things yet those that are in charge not only don't know HOW to do your job, they are educationally UNQUALIFIED to do so, yet upper management seems to not have an issue with that at all. They don't care about your well being...You are a body.. period. You have no one to back you up.... human resources is a joke... you can't even get a hold of anyone & they even moved the department OUT of the main building so it's not even easily accessible. Akron Children's plays on the public's sympathies being a childrens hospital but it is a cutthroat business towards it's employees... which is the only good thing, the employees, about this crooked employer & its management.
Pros
The majority of the coworkers
Cons
HORRIBLE management
August 14, 2018

We appreciate your honest review. Akron’s Children Hospital believes in providing our employees with a nurturing work environment to foster growth and allowing them to focus on what matters - our patients. Candid feedback like yours allows us to evaluate the areas we might need to take a second look at to ensure all departments align with Akron Children’s mission.

Akron Children's Hospital
Sr. Network Engineer - Enterprise Voice Lead (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHMay 16, 2018
The culture at the hospital is definitely something all employees can support, being that helping children and families is the primary concern. Additioanlly, working in the technology field within the hospital, we were able to touch and get experience with multiple areas of technology. However, management across the board (healthcare and business) is something that was consistently poor. Over 6 years working on the team, 9 engineers came and went due to poor management and direction within the department.
Pros
good team
Cons
management, Vacation and Sick time
August 14, 2018

Helping children and families is our top priority. In order to serve our community properly, it’s important to provide our employees with an environment they feel they can thrive in. Honest reviews like yours allow us to hear candid feedback from our employees and find areas we might want to look at. Thank you.

Great patients/Poor Management
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHMay 2, 2018
Middle Management plays favorites. Limited opportunity to advance. I’m not leaving unless I find something better elsewhere. Only Pediatric hospital within an hour of my home or I would go elsewhere. Lied to and backstabbed multiple times by manager and her favorites. I still love my job and the patients.
Benefits
Cons
Poor Management/Bad dental insurance
Good place!
Housekeeping Generalist (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHApril 25, 2018
they are very kind and nice to me!!! I enjoy being here! I have fun when I am down. I enjoy meeting the doctors and the nurses as I do my job! I have even picked up extra shifts.
worked with some great people
Maintenance technician/Dayporter (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHApril 24, 2018
this was the best job i ever had could not ask for a better work environment the staff was outstanding events held for kids and staff and more resources than any job ive ever had
Pros
people and co-workers
Cons
odd hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Akron Children's Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight