Akron Children's Hospital Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHOctober 9, 2018
Childrens is known for its culture and values. Down side to the hospital is that you are rewarded/compensated the same as everyone. If you are never late or call off and your co-worker calls off always at raise time it is the same across the board. Also PTO time is used for holiday's.
Pros
Offer Health insurance and a 401k
Cons
Health insurance is horrible, PTO is accumulated and its used for holiday's, not very good work/home balance.
Kind people
Director, Managed Care (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHSeptember 25, 2018
It is wonderful to work with kind people at an organization committed to having the best of everything to care for infants and children. The size may be limiting as you advance
Hipaa compliance
Urgent Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, OHSeptember 18, 2018
I have enjoyed working with children, great place to work, open shifts are available to pick up. Monthly and quarterly meetings, management is great, and willing to work with school schedules.
Children's Hospital is a great place to work
Neurosurgery secretary (Former Employee) –  Akron, OH 44308September 4, 2018
Over the years I worked in several departments at Children's Hospital and I learned a lot as a receptionist/registrar. The hospital is constantly growing and improving ways to treat our children.
Pros
Improvements are always happening
Cons
Hard to witness children in pain
A horrible place to work if you're an African American
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Behavioral HealthAugust 25, 2018
The Behavioral Health Unit is a very cut throat unit to work. To begin there's only 5 African American technicians in the entire department. The nurses are lazy and are worried more about what's for lunch, breakfast or dinner than the children they serve. They treat the children like just another crazy child with problems. The nursing supervisor has no heart for the job and should work with animals instead of children.
Pros
Helping children succeed
Cons
Prejudice Staff
Time for Change
xray (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHAugust 24, 2018
I love working for Akron Children's Hospital. The organization is wonderful, I love pediatric patients but I feel it is time for me to move on and explore other options.
Cons
lower level management
Good Company
Billing
Taking orders for patients
Assisting pharmacist
Best place to work
Registration Specialist and Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHAugust 16, 2018
Working in the ER is very fast pace at times. It can be exciting and something different at all times. Company as a whole is absolutely wonderful to work for.
Great place to work and to retire from
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHJuly 25, 2018
The most enjoyable part of my job is working with the children and the families. The medical and support staff are fun to work with and easy to get along with.
Pros
Gifts every now and then
Cons
No Paid vacation time. You have to use your pto for holidays and vacation
Workplace
Staff Nurse for the Pediatrics Outpatient Office (Former Employee) –  Brecksville, OHJuly 25, 2018
Good place to work, Advancement opportunities, Supportive staff, Family centered care , Education opportunities,
As an employee of Akron Children's Hospital, you feel like you are not just a number but part of a family .
hospital is great to the kids and parents
Insurance Collection Specialist (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHJuly 24, 2018
The hospital treats the kids like gold/ very professional /benefits are excellent. vacation time is great you get x amount of hours according to how many years you've worked there. Employees are great.
Pros
hour lunch
Cons
mico managed
Great place to work. They really do care about their employees
Paramedic (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHJuly 17, 2018
Great place to work. Management needs some work but they get the job done. Akron Children's Hospital is a little slow when it comes to hiring with in.
Pros
4 days off a week
Cons
Late working hours
I loved working here
Maternal fetal cardiology RN (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHJuly 13, 2018
There is no place like Akron Childrens Hospital that I've personally experienced. The work culture, the perks, and the amazing education and mentorship as well as advancement opportunities are amazing! I would be honored to have the opportunity to work there again someday!
Pros
Almost everything
Cons
Short breaks
No advancement
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHJuly 11, 2018
Hr hires mostly outside people instead of people that work on the inside. There are employees who don't want to be in the kitchen or house keeping forever.
fun to work at akron children's hospital
MRI TECHNOLOGIST (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHJuly 10, 2018
I been working at akron children's hospital for 10 yrs and I loved everything about it. very professional staff and handworkers. everyone of us here for the patient.
Enjoyable but some setbacks
EMR Specialist I (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHJune 26, 2018
The culture is fantastic and I do truly enjoy working here but there is a lack of advancement opportunities within the IT department. The compensation is basic at best. You could definitely find a better paying job with more career options but not sure if the culture would compare to this hospital.
Pros
friendly
Cons
benefits, compensation, career path
The hospital does great by it patients, not employees
Scheduling (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHJune 21, 2018
I worked at Akron Children's for almost a year now and the best day was when I put my notice in. The clinical staff is wonderful and the doctors do a great job with their patients. Despite my experience as an employee I still bring my kids here. The management however is awful, things are constantly changing without notice and there is an obvious bias. To make it worse HR does nothing to help the employees and just writes down the concerns to never be heard of again. Most employee's in my department are in constant fear of actions being taken against them. Also the sick policy is terrible, even with a doctor excuse you get points that rack up. Holidays are not automatically paid the time comes out of your own PTO. I have never received a write up in my employment history till I worked here due to an illness I could not help. Once again the clinical staff is amazing and I love all that ACH does for the patients. As far as the scheduling departments, I would never recommend someone to work here.
Pros
Coworkers are amazing, healthcare is awesome, you can see a difference being made
Cons
Terrible management, awful sick policy and lack of compassion
Official response from Akron Children's Hospital
August 14, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. Your review highlights aspects of our work culture and environment that we hold important. Akron Children’s main priority is to treat every child as our own. In order to accomplish this, we first must ensure our employees are taken care of.

Management and HR are integral to constructing an inclusive and nurturing work culture for our employees. We take your concerns with these units seriously. To file a formal complaint, please contact HR at (330) 543-8330.

Great Environment
Undisclosed (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHJune 18, 2018
Every staff member is wonderful...overall it is a great place to work..numerous employee education opportunities...friendly work environment, great leadership
The co-workers are great
FINANCIAL COUNSELOR (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHJune 12, 2018
Akron Children's is a very nice place to work. It is very family orientated. The patients truly come first and I think this place is great. I would recommend Akron Children's to anyone.
Pros
Great Employees
Cons
Food
Productive workplace and great enviornment
Surgical Technologist Student Externship (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHJune 8, 2018
All the employees are very nice and helpful and make this a great work environment, whether for a new employee or student coming in to learn. I learned a lot there as a student and soon to be employee.
Pros
great staff, reasonable breaks
Official response from Akron Children's Hospital
August 14, 2018

Thank you for choosing to start your career with Akron Children’s. We’re glad that your experience here reflects the efforts we have taken into providing professional development opportunities and resources. We look forward to continue to grow with you as a part of our work family.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Akron Children's Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight