Akron Children's Hospital Employee Reviews

Registered nurses are great to work with, horrible work/life balance, PTO is a joke
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHNovember 16, 2018
I love working in pediatrics and my coworkers are amazing nurses. However, ACH has horrible work/life balance. The PTO is an absolute joke. I know so many nurses who have to go to work sick because we get such little PTO and we don't even get enough to call off work. We have been voicing this concern for years, and no one in management cares to listen. They keep telling us they are looking into it for the next year. If you are looking for a work/life balance avoid this place if you have other choices.
Pros
Nurses are great!
Dedicated, caring staff
ADMINISTRATIVE SECRETARY (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHNovember 2, 2018
Working at Children's was a real pleasure. Employees in all areas are compassionate, caring, and just overall amazing. Management is very responsive to employee needs and treat all as family.
Pros
Caring, compassionate atmosphere
Cons
Parking!
An amazing and fun place to work everyday!
Secretary (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, OHNovember 1, 2018
Akron Children's Hospital Pediatrics in Mansfield has been an amazing place to work since I walked in the door. The is an amazing atmosphere, with a loving and supportive staff.
Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHOctober 9, 2018
Childrens is known for its culture and values. Down side to the hospital is that you are rewarded/compensated the same as everyone. If you are never late or call off and your co-worker calls off always at raise time it is the same across the board. Also PTO time is used for holiday's.
Pros
Offer Health insurance and a 401k
Cons
Health insurance is horrible, PTO is accumulated and its used for holiday's, not very good work/home balance.
School Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHOctober 1, 2018
Great place to work for. The school health services part is amazing. Working with kids is so very rewarding good benefits and a caring work environment
Kind people
Director, Managed Care (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHSeptember 25, 2018
It is wonderful to work with kind people at an organization committed to having the best of everything to care for infants and children. The size may be limiting as you advance
November 29, 2018

Thank you for your review. As you’ve experienced, we’re committed to providing high-quality patient care. We appreciate all you’ve done as part of our team to contribute to that shared goal. As we grow, we’re always looking at areas we can improve upon.

Hipaa compliance
Urgent Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, OHSeptember 18, 2018
I have enjoyed working with children, great place to work, open shifts are available to pick up. Monthly and quarterly meetings, management is great, and willing to work with school schedules.
November 29, 2018

We appreciate that you took the time to provide positive feedback. At Akron Children’s, we strive to promote work-life balance with schedule flexibility. Thank you for the impact you’ve made on our patients.

Children's Hospital is a great place to work
Neurosurgery secretary (Former Employee) –  Akron, OH 44308September 4, 2018
Over the years I worked in several departments at Children's Hospital and I learned a lot as a receptionist/registrar. The hospital is constantly growing and improving ways to treat our children.
Pros
Improvements are always happening
Cons
Hard to witness children in pain
November 29, 2018

Thank you for your positive review. As we grow, we never lose focus on our #1 priority -- patient care. Each and every one of our team members contributes to that goal.

A horrible place to work if you're an African American
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Behavioral HealthAugust 25, 2018
The Behavioral Health Unit is a very cut throat unit to work. To begin there's only 5 African American technicians in the entire department. The nurses are lazy and are worried more about what's for lunch, breakfast or dinner than the children they serve. They treat the children like just another crazy child with problems. The nursing supervisor has no heart for the job and should work with animals instead of children.
Pros
Helping children succeed
Cons
Prejudice Staff
November 29, 2018

Thank you for your candid feedback. Fostering a work environment where everyone feels welcome and included is a top priority. We continue to analyze each department and see where needs lie. To provide additional feedback, please contact our Human Resources department at (330) 543-8330.

Time for Change
xray (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHAugust 24, 2018
I love working for Akron Children's Hospital. The organization is wonderful, I love pediatric patients but I feel it is time for me to move on and explore other options.
Cons
lower level management
November 29, 2018

Thank you for your review. We appreciate the hard work and dedication you’ve brought to Akron Children’s and to our patients. Here, children are everything, and care is more than medical.

Good Company
Billing
Taking orders for patients
Assisting pharmacist
Best place to work
Registration Specialist and Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHAugust 16, 2018
Working in the ER is very fast pace at times. It can be exciting and something different at all times. Company as a whole is absolutely wonderful to work for.
November 29, 2018

We appreciate your feedback. As you’ve learned, careers in healthcare are different here. Each interaction has a huge impact, and employees like you contribute to that impact every day.

Great place to work and to retire from
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHJuly 25, 2018
The most enjoyable part of my job is working with the children and the families. The medical and support staff are fun to work with and easy to get along with.
Pros
Gifts every now and then
Cons
No Paid vacation time. You have to use your pto for holidays and vacation
Workplace
Staff Nurse for the Pediatrics Outpatient Office (Former Employee) –  Brecksville, OHJuly 25, 2018
Good place to work, Advancement opportunities, Supportive staff, Family centered care , Education opportunities,
As an employee of Akron Children's Hospital, you feel like you are not just a number but part of a family .
hospital is great to the kids and parents
Insurance Collection Specialist (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHJuly 24, 2018
The hospital treats the kids like gold/ very professional /benefits are excellent. vacation time is great you get x amount of hours according to how many years you've worked there. Employees are great.
Pros
hour lunch
Cons
mico managed
Great place to work. They really do care about their employees
Paramedic (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHJuly 17, 2018
Great place to work. Management needs some work but they get the job done. Akron Children's Hospital is a little slow when it comes to hiring with in.
Pros
4 days off a week
Cons
Late working hours
November 29, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We always strive to provide an optimal working environment.

I loved working here
Maternal fetal cardiology RN (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHJuly 13, 2018
There is no place like Akron Childrens Hospital that I've personally experienced. The work culture, the perks, and the amazing education and mentorship as well as advancement opportunities are amazing! I would be honored to have the opportunity to work there again someday!
Pros
Almost everything
Cons
Short breaks
No advancement
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHJuly 11, 2018
Hr hires mostly outside people instead of people that work on the inside. There are employees who don't want to be in the kitchen or house keeping forever.
fun to work at akron children's hospital
MRI TECHNOLOGIST (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHJuly 10, 2018
I been working at akron children's hospital for 10 yrs and I loved everything about it. very professional staff and handworkers. everyone of us here for the patient.
Enjoyable but some setbacks
EMR Specialist I (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHJune 26, 2018
The culture is fantastic and I do truly enjoy working here but there is a lack of advancement opportunities within the IT department. The compensation is basic at best. You could definitely find a better paying job with more career options but not sure if the culture would compare to this hospital.
Pros
friendly
Cons
benefits, compensation, career path

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Akron Children's Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight