Akron General Health System Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
RN (Current Employee) –  Lodi, OHMay 21, 2018
Great, friendly employees. Always working together to get the job done. Critical access hospital with limited resources, so team work is a neccessity.
never
Senior Tech. (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHApril 23, 2018
A typical day for me is for me to show half hour early to work and get my report and task and be a great team player and complete assignment . Everyday is a challenge for me because I get to do more what I am asked and not required but that would allow me to learn more and be a great access to the company,become more advanced. Love to walk into work with a smile on my face a be apart of a winning team. The hardest part of the job is not being able to make a difference. The enjoyable part of the job is making a difference, saving lives.
Productive and friendly place to work at
Chart Completion Specialist (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHApril 21, 2018
This organization is a great there is always room to excel with education and job growth. Very friendly atmosphere patient care is always first great.
Pros
room for growth
Cons
n/a
Keep Looking
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  VNSMarch 30, 2018
Pass on any offers from this company. The office staff is full of people who like to lie on others and call it the truth. It is like a club of high school girls and if you do not fit in then you have to deal with the mean girls attitude. The only adults in the office are the nurses and staff that do phone triage; they are super nice and very knowledgeable.
Pros
Cannot think of one
Cons
Definitely the management
I enjoyed all of my years at AGMC!
Buyer (Former Employee) –  1 Akron General AvenueMarch 24, 2018
Great benefits and co-workers!
Akron General Materials Management was an integral part of my life for many years. I enjoyed all of my years at AGMC!!
Best Kept Secret and Akron's Best Employer.
Security Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Main CampusMarch 1, 2018
I wish would have pursued a career 30 years ago! The culture, the professionalism, the dedication, management, and staff are amazing! I enjoy going to work and every day is different
Pros
Mostly everything
Cons
No garage for employees only and cafeteria needs enlarged
Horrible and belittling work Culture from HR to Critical Care Management and Supervisors
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Critical CareJanuary 6, 2018
The Orientation was terrible.The Overall Demeanor of the Management team makes this Hospital a horrible place to work Your H.R. people and Management people including the Nasty Directors of the Critical Care Units and Charge Nurses to the Supervisors need to be replaced. They obviously are Deadwood and need to be replaced. You need to send them to classes on how to treat people with respect. This Hospital has a bad name with Medical Professionals, Nurses in the Community because of the lack of respect from Management.Do yourself a favor and don't attempt to work here Nurses..
Pros
Pay can be adequate
Cons
Old and disrespectful mentality from HR and Management
Akron General
Registration Clerk (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHJanuary 4, 2018
Akron General offers great benefits for its employees and a competitive workplace for those looking to advance in the medical field. The management teams are all proficient in their fields and handle all issues very professionally.
Pros
Yearly Holiday meal and picnic provided to all employees
Fun and collaborative place to work
Registration Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lodi, OHDecember 12, 2017
My work day consisted of customer service first and foremost, auditing charts and being manager to staff.

The workplace was a fun environment where all departments work together to ensure that patient needs were met.

The hardest part of my job was being able to accomplish the things I wanted to in a days time.

The most enjoyable was working with the other departments to meet patient needs.
good place to work
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHNovember 26, 2017
A typical day as a respiratory therapist, floor therapy, ICU, Emergency room. Sometimes you had to cover three different areas and you had no back up; night shift was horrible other therapists were lazy when it came to answering their pages
Pros
4 days off in a row if you worked three 12 hour shifts
Cons
Working holidays and weekends
Working at VNS Akron
Office (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHMay 3, 2017
I would HIGHLY recommend that any position at this facility be passed over. You do not want to work at VNS. Terrible work environment & you cannot trust one person. ALL of management treat staff terrible & all and any personal information about staff is openly discussed among other employees. Including employee health/medical information. Unprofessional on multiple levels & staff turnover is unreal. Nasty, clicks with constant gossip. HR is a joke, and is basically useless and of no help.
The president of the company is useless & doesn't even care about the company at all. You are told there is always "an open door" by management & if you do dare to discuss anything, your business will be known to the entire company within days.
Productive office with positive staff
Secretary (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHFebruary 26, 2017
I open and close the office. Prepare schedules for the day, pull patient charts and have handy all the paperwork necessary to update if required. Answer all calls and route them accordingly. Take payment for services rendered and for surgeries. Handle all FMLA requests as well as attorney requests and disability claims. Check in and check out patients. Coordinate patient flow within the office. Communicate with staff as needed.
Pros
Excellent work environment
Cons
No breaks
Inpatient pharmacy
Pharmacy Technician II, CPhT (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHJanuary 26, 2017
worked Mid-night shift and made IV's and filled medications for hospital and their other felicities. I worked great with the staff and tried to get people excited about our job.
Pros
people, first job when I moved back home
Management supports incompetency.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHDecember 10, 2016
There is something to say about emotional intelligence. Doctors and administrative staff work to get rid of employees who know more than they do. HR works against employees because they are too lazy and afraid to go up against administration. There will be a day in time where they will choke themselves and be found out. This is not a supportive environment. Now that Cleveland Clinic has taken over perhaps they can clean house with lame and misguided upper management.
Pros
Cons
Selective job advancement.
I would not recommend
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHOctober 31, 2016
This is the bottom of the barrel when it comes to fitness jobs. Upper management is terrible and is never present. They talk about employees behind their backs. No room to move up. Depression settles in soon after walking in the door.
Pros
Not
Cons
The whole place is a con
Unmotivating Negative Atmopshpere With Lack of Leadership
Fitness Trainer (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHOctober 27, 2016
Management blames employees and insults them as opposed to finding a solution. Zero room for advancement and no recognition or rewards for hard work. Moral amongst staff was very low. Myself and many other employees hated going to work.
Pros
Cons
Managment
Poor place
Secretary APG Cardiology (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHOctober 24, 2016
The training was very minimal to try to navigate between the different systems was very poor trained and very poorly done. You get thrown to the wolves and expected to learn all the systems and if not you're told that you're not capable of doing the job. I have never been talk to so disrespectfully belittling and bullied before in a professional environment.
Management and Physicians needs to work on their communication skills
Technician (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHSeptember 30, 2016
Very disappointed in Akron General. I was enthusiastic to be part of Cleveland Clinic Akron General. However, my feelings were quickly replaced with regret. Management is clueless along with the physicians. I felt unwelcomed the moment I stepped in to their environment. Please for the sake of the employees, listen and learn from them and try to make things better. The hardest part of the job, everything!
great place great people
Executive (Former Employee) –  Akron OHAugust 19, 2016
The institution lives its mission to improve the lives of the people and the communities it serves. Great people and place.
Terrible place to work
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHMay 16, 2016
poor management and they will throw you under a bus if they get a chance. Officers are lazy and never want to do the job. Zero room for advancement and it's the good ol boy system for any promotion.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else