Akumin Employee Reviews

Incredibly stressful
CSR/Cashier (Current Employee) –  FloridaJuly 8, 2019
Very demanding and rude (and sometimes violent) patients. No security at the clinics. No possibility of raises, only three pto hours per paycheck..so that is 72 pto hours a year without the option to roll it over. This place is physically and mentally draining. Corporate only cares about making more money and buying more clinics. Clinics are runs down and filthy. Machines are old and constantly breaking.
Pros
Paycheck didn't bounce, learned about procedures
Cons
Filthy and rundown clinics, 30 minute lunch, unhappy techs, rude patients.
Working for this company has been an eye opener, It's teaching me to have a greater respect for mankind. I've never worked anywhere like this before.
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Orange Park, FLJuly 3, 2019
Management is horrible, they're all about themselves. They talk to you any kind of way, very disrespectful. The whole company needs to be revamped. This company should really take the time to see why the turnover rate is so high.
Pros
Some coworkers are good to work with.
Cons
The WORST management team I've ever worked with, A lot of favoritism, It feels like you're in high school, you have your clicks, They don't appreciate their employees, You have no sick days, have to use your PTO.
Stressful/Unprofessional
Scheduling Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 18, 2019
I barely lasted a month at this job before I just quit. Management is God-awful and the worst I have ever had the misfortune of working with. Manager curses at you and in front of you and is very condescending and rude. Not helpful. No professionalism when it comes to treatment of employees. I've never felt so uncomfortable working in a place in all my life. It truly was a horrible experience. No one wants to do their job and you get blamed if you're not able to perform yours well.
Pros
Cons
Horrible management
Great Work Enviroment
Autoclaim/LOP Collector (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 11, 2019
I started in this company with no experience in the medical field as a Front Desk Receptionist and worked my way up to working in our corporate office in under 3 years. The claims current/former employee's are making about growth are far from the truth. If you are not willing to learn and work, correct, you will not grow. That goes the same for any company in America. Disregard any outrageous claims made against this company as they are false and far from the truth. Those who are claiming of insurance fraud, go look up what that entails before trying to tarnish a company with words you read from your friends Facebook feed. This company has provided me with many opportunities to grow and continues to do so. The staff are friendly, management is helpful and any questions I had were always answered.
Pros
Good hours, good management, good pay, good enviroment
Cons
I wish Akumin could control the weather again and give us sunny days everyday. Other than that, no cons
Great for a Stepping Stone, not Good for Advancement
Scheduling Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 3, 2019
I have been working at Akumin for nearly two years. I have done scheduling and data entry. When hired, I was promised a $11 an hour rate for the first 90 days, and $12 after. Here I am, a year and a half later, and still no raise. This company says that they care about their employees, which is a complete and utter lie. They only care about their numbers and pockets. The president of the company stated that there will be no raises for anyone, because he believes that everyone is getting paid what they should be. Call centers start out around $13-$15, so everyone is being underpaid. The bonus system is laughable. It pits everyone against each other, and only one person can get the extra bonus.

The only good thing about this job are the hours, and a couple of the people that work there.
Pros
Free lunches on Mondays, set hours
Cons
Management, no room for growth, poor working conditions
fun enviornment
Scheduling Coordinator/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 12, 2019
Working at Akumin was great! Everyone was welcoming and helpful when needed. I LOVED MY SUPERVISOR!! she was down to earth as down to earth can get.High recommendation!!
Committing Insurance FRAUD
Front Desk Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXMay 1, 2019
I’ve worked for this place one yr. One yr came I didn’t get a congratulations I got a your fired. Not questions asked, just a your fired. I received a call from a patient wanting a price through her ins. How am I to verify through insurance without and RX which the patient had but refused to email. I followed protocol. Were you wanting me to commit insurance fraud? I worked many hours for this company, received call at 10pm to 4am in the morning asking I work. I always did. Just seemed fishy as the lady who called said she worked for an imaging place, if she had she should have known we need a referral to precede with insurance. Be aware stay away from this place. It’s not what you know here it’s who you know. No questions were asked of the incident just fired. I did no wrong. This isn’t the way to file a claim through insurance with no prescribed prescription. That’s insurance fraud.
Cons
No lunch, no benefits, no pto
Horrible place to work
Tech (Current Employee) –  FloridaApril 29, 2019
Management is awful. You're told to do something outside your job description, so you do it, and then told not to do it and get in trouble for helping. There is zero communication between staff and admin. The PTO is laughable, if you even get to take it. The retirement plan offers employer matching, but here's the catch: they only match it with stock in their company. You're treated like the furniture. Its just one of the worst places I've ever worked. The pay is low, they do NOT give raises, there's some random bonus structure out there that no one understands, just stay away.
Rude Disrespectful Management
Employee (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 21, 2019
Management is rude, inconsiderate, and set different rules and standards for certain employees.
Advise just to use this job as a stepping stone, not a career.
My experience was not pleasant. NO training, poor communication.
Pros
Work hours
Cons
Management, no breaks, dirty rest rooms and floors, Low Pay
Avoid this company at all costs
Chief MRI Technologist (Former Employee) –  TexasApril 10, 2019
The clinic side of the job isn’t terrible. It is what you make it but the corporate powers that be do not care at all about the technologist. You will be discarded like yesterday’s biohazard bin. Their health care program is so unaffordable there is no quality of life after you pat the premiums. Do not work here. There is a “factory assembly line” mentality when it comes to patients. 30 min per scan for mri hardly gives the time to do anything but perfection and believe me the second you make a mistake you are history. There is no sense of gratitude for the difficulty of the job. You will not get raises upon annual reviews.
Pros
Checks cleared
Cons
Too many to list. Health care is not affordable. No “benefits” to speak of other than 401k.
The worst place to work in the dfw
Order Entry Specialist, Preferred Imaging/ Akumin (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXApril 9, 2019
the worst management team. They can careless about patient care. Employees are not valued like they should be. No room for advancement, management will hold you back from growth opportunities. No leadership! No communication between facilities. Not so great benefits. Stressful environment, it’s not what you know ITS WHO you know. You are held accountable for things that are not under your control when it comes to your workflow. No proper training. They will fire you before your 90 day probation period with no warning.
Pros
Occasionally lunch is provided
Cons
Overall Negative workplace
Know what you’re getting yourself into
Technologist (Current Employee) –  United StatesApril 9, 2019
The job itself is fine. Center staff is awesome, I love my coworkers- the day to day work here is good.
It’s the company as a whole you need to be careful of. Corporate doesn’t care about employees. Pay is low, benefits are meh. NEGOTIATE upfront! You will not get raises or reviews regardless of your performance. I don’t know how they expect to keep employees long term without any sort of pay increase. They will tell you there is a bonus structure, but don’t expect to see anything from it. Get everything in writing before you sign up.
Pros
Great co workers
Cons
Low pay, not great benefits, no advancement options
Not too much knowledge
X-Ray Technologist (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLApril 7, 2019
I really only worked for Akumin for maybe a month before I transferred to Pensacola. I looked for a clinic to transfer to but there was nothing available.
horrible
Referral Coordinator & Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLApril 3, 2019
changed owners and management so many times hard to keep track. they do not care about employees . just an overall horrible company to work for . would never go back
Chief Technologist (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 13, 2019
Great pay and benefits. I was able to cross train in MRI and CT and move into supervisor role. Great opportunity options. I would still be there if I didn’t have to move away.
Pros
Pay
Cons
N/a
Low -stress / relaxed Atmosphere
Order Entry Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 23, 2019
Great starter position to gain experience in the medical field .
The company facility needs alot of TLC, low staffing. But has potential to expand .
Pros
Relaxed/ Low - stress, Good Working Hours for People with families
Cons
Low Pay
Akumin
Technologist (Current Employee) –  United StatesFebruary 11, 2019
Good company
Constantly growing
Multitasking is a must
Efficient centers
The company provides room for growth and learning experience but can be under staffed
Bad place to work
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Malvern, PAJanuary 26, 2019
Work here only if you are desperate and can’t find any other position they cheat you out of money especially if you are in sales the culture is totally unfair management don’t care they are cut throat making suer they get there bonuses . Work here at your own risk.
Pros
Cons
Bad place always felling like you have to watch your back
Great Place to work,
Clinic Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJanuary 21, 2019
Great Work Environment. Great Benefits. Great competitive pay. Room for advancement. Great management. Great moral in the clinic. Training was great and clinic process/work flow was great.
No lunches and bad benefits
CT Technologist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 4, 2019
If you're a tech, you don't get a lunch, you are a human conveyer belt. You don't start accruing PTO until after 3 months, you also don't receive amy bonuses.
Pros
4 day work week
Cons
No lunch, awful benefits, bad management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Akumin. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8