AkzoNobel Employee Reviews

Found 361 reviews matching the search See all 1,204 reviews
Management lacking support
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Waukegan, ILFebruary 11, 2019
This site would be great, if you had the correct management! They tend to keep the go getters that have zero social skills, the “I’ll take care of it” attitude, but don’t follow through. You have managers that will not even speak to you with out holding their nose high in the air as if they will always be better, managers that can’t and won’t lift moral, and supervisors who consume themselves in drama.
It’s overall a sad situation, the people that work hard, do not get recognized for their performance, they will continue to point fingers instead of teach to what was wrong in the situation.
This company has the ability to be great, but not with the type of management there is currently residing in these positions.
Benefits
It's alright
QC Lab Tech (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 7, 2019
QC Makes you slave away your life and doesn't focus on quality at all. It's alright though. No one is held responsible for mistakes and every single person in the QC lab hates it and is always looking for better opportunities.
Smart co-workers, and great coatings formulators in the chemistry labs
Chemist (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIJanuary 26, 2019
Learned a lot from many other Chemists. the best managers could always attract and retain the best Chemists, and Technicians. AkzoNobel supports employees looking to be more knowledgeable
Pros
Co-workers
Upper Management/Team Lead sucks
Accounting (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 24, 2019
Management never had the teams back when it came to a certain BU. Team leader would often send out incorrect report information; scattered brain. Director is not approachable or friendly....basically very rude. Certain employees were off almost every Friday or always allowed to work from home while others were not allowed to. Did not feel like a team.

Sales did not inform you when there was an issue with your customer. Management at the BU level throw the rock and hide their hands. Often caught them in lies.

All work and no play. No Christmas party, don't celebrate birthdays.
Cons
Management micro mange, no employee activities
Intern's Recollection
Intern (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 19, 2019
I was an intern so idk if my input will be great. while I was there ppl were getting fired left and right. it was a bad vibe. I wasn't there that long even.
Good Job except safety aspects
CHEMICAL OPERATOR (Current Employee) –  Morris, ILJanuary 10, 2019
Have been many accidents and safety problems that havnt been dealt with. Otherwise everyday life is pretty relaxed. Swing shift and 12 hour days are the norm with plenty of Overtime.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Insurance is expensive and no sick days
why i left AKZO
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  VictoriaDecember 27, 2018
I love this company as a whole

the team in Amsterdam and team in Singapore are wonderful wonderful

they are creative, innovation, poinner and fun to deal with.

lots to learn, lots to explore.
Pros
innovation
Cons
bad CEO at that time, no ethial and moral
Good people but unstable structure
Formulation Chemist I (Former Employee) –  Strongsville, OHDecember 19, 2018
Enjoyed most of the people working there, became stressful because of constant structural changes within the company resulting in constant role, department, and management changes
Very hectic work environment
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pontiac, MIDecember 17, 2018
Very uptight, negative atmosphere due to a quick-paced, cut-throat work environment. Otherwise, it paid the bills and offered good overall benefits for the most part.
Pros
Employee award and recognition programs
Cons
Back breaking work under extreme temperatures in the heat
Great Place to work
WAREHOUSE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Waukegan, ILDecember 3, 2018
The only reason I left was to join the Navy. The place is great and the managent is the best. I would still be there if I didnt join the navy. I think everyone should seek employment here.
Great place to work.
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 28, 2018
The morale at the sited is exceptionally good. Very diversed group of personnel at the site that works well together. I will recommend this place for emloyment to anyone.
Support agent
IT Analyst (Current Employee) –  Troy, MINovember 20, 2018
• Assisted customers with all wireless connections using devices such as but not limited to gaming consoles, laptops, routers, smart phones, tablets, printers, I pods and I pads etc
Not a great work environment
Operator (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 7, 2018
Horrible lack of training, union facility that favors certain people over others. Management doesn’t treat their people well. Good money but not worth it I’m my opinion.
Pros
Nice coworkers
Cons
Horrible management
family orientated place of work
Engineer/Designer (Former Employee) –  Retsof, NYNovember 2, 2018
draw large projects from start to finish.
send out bids for quoting material.
help other co-workers.
do field work with the surveyor
mark monuments and graft lines
Pros
great family values
Cons
closed plant due to flooding
A Learning Experience
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 31, 2018
This is a great job if you love fixing things. The maintenance supervisor was awesome and had a great plan in place to get you acclimated with the job task. The shift supervisors could have done more to help out with the new hire training.
Pros
Machinery easy to learn, No pressure to work unsafe
Cons
The machine operators forget how to operate their machinary
Finance dept was outsourced
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCOctober 30, 2018
Enjoyed working here, however it was only to clean up receivables in order for it to be outsourced. I achieved their goal. Most employees had left so in the end I was the only A/R associate working at this location.
A terrible experience overall..
HR Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIOctober 25, 2018
By far the worst experience I've had...a total waste of time. The technology they possess is old and outdated. Management is horrible. Every co-worker I worked with only possessed a GED including my Boss.Overall bad experience.
Pros
the pop machine
Cons
poor management, no diversity, old technology, co-workers
Phased out
Service Delivery Manager (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJOctober 22, 2018
Chair review meetings with the business units along with the IT service provider to ensure that the contracted service levels were being met. Also I would chair meetings with the local IT support staff to ensure that the IT service provider was performing to the contracted service levels with regards to on-site service and helpdesk support. Provide reporting to high level management on the performance in the region.
The final year was about handing over activities to other managers within the company and to our IT service provider.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
made redundant
Great place to learn
Account Manager - Colloidal Silica (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAOctober 9, 2018
My time at AkzoNobel was a great learning experience. At first, I had wonderful chances to grow and expand, but things got slow as a change of the seemed to focus on office politics instead of merit. Maybe I just had a bad experience....
Excellent place to work must be team orientated
Facility Manager (Former Employee) –  Strongsville, OHOctober 8, 2018
Loved working for Akzo Nobel great learning environment not only job related skills but team building experiences with opportunity to go along with your drive.
Pros
Team orintated enviorment
Cons
not many to speak of

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AkzoNobel. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP40%
In the Top 40% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at AkzoNobel.

Powered by Comparably