AkzoNobel Employee Reviews

Good Company
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 30, 2018
Good company to work for. They offered good benefits, company innovation, advancement opportunities and management integrated the thoughts and initiatives of the field.
Overall
Filler (Current Employee) –  Pontiac, MI 48341July 26, 2018
This company is horrible, OHSA needs to be called due to the unsafe chemicals employees breathing in. and the unsafe practices they use. They don't hire temps in at all. management is very messy and unprofessional on all 3 shifts. 1st shift and 3rd shift is the worst shift to work due to management. Supervisor are trying to date the employees, Management tell employees business to other employees. Don't work for this company run far as you can away from this company. Trust me i'm not lying.
Pros
pay is good once you are hired in.
Cons
Don't work for this company run far as you can away from this company.
Very Stressful
Filling Operator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 13, 2018
Management constantly pushes you to produce as much as you can, but will also be on your neck about safety and quality. Extremely stressful. Everyone blames each other fr the companies issues.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Management Sucks
Love It
Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 7, 2018
I left Akzo due to a company buyout but I absolutely loved working there and they had wonderful benefits and all about family and safety for their employees...
Good culture and people.
Commercial Manager (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJuly 4, 2018
The company is, overall, a good place for a career. Management is a little more short term oriented and somewhat less knowledgable about the markets.
Do not work for this company
Management (Current Employee) –  Waukegan, ILJuly 2, 2018
Used to be a good company, going down hill fast. If I was Boeing, I’d get out now, find a way. There’s no saving a place with current management. Work so hard, but no light at the end. Finally getting the head count we’ve been asking for for many years, a little too late. So many good people leaving, so many more looking to leave. Poor company values towards its employees. No appreciation. Treat some like they are nothing and can keep giving them more work when they’re already overloaded
Pros
ha none
Cons
No more flexibility, so much stress, poor management, favoritism, lies, rumors etc
Akzonobel
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Waukegan, ILJune 29, 2018
work is crazy but the the people are nice. need to improve systems to link together, a lot of extra work is handed to lower workers because of failed programs and systems.
Management needs overhaul
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCJune 13, 2018
No future, empty promises. Unwilling to spend necessary money for sufficient staff. Loyal employees willing to go the extra mile to save a company who could care less about them.
Pros
Flex hours
Cons
heavy workload
Great place for employment
Laboratory Chemist (Current Employee) –  Reading, PAJune 10, 2018
I have worked for 2 years with this company and have so far been very impressed. I enjoy the people I work with and management is constantly looking out for your best interests.
Restructure
Master Data Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pontiac, MIMay 18, 2018
job culture is ok, but the company is in a constant reorganization. every 2-3 years. job security is really bad. pay is about standard and work to job is about normal.

Want to know more about AkzoNobel?

Ask a question
Quality number 1
Strategic Sales Manager (Business Development) (Current Employee) –  WisconsinMay 17, 2018
Although marketing is basically misunderstood as far as implementation, the company is very good at making very good products and walking their talk. Products offered fit well into the small niches that they address. Quality sometimes gets in the way of a bigger broader market appeal.
Pros
Selling Great Products
Cons
Selling over engineered products
Nice place to work
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pontiac, MIMay 1, 2018
I worked as an admin on contract. The company went through downsizing some years ago. Everyone was friendly and I enjoyed my time there. I was not hired permanently, due to cuts.
Pros
friendly evironment
Cons
job security
Terrific workplace culture
Materials (Former Employee) –  Pontiac, MIApril 25, 2018
Enjoyed the work environment and fellow workers. Relocated to work in a new region. The days could be challenging but the resources were always available to help work through the issues.
Poor Management
HR Generalist - Bilingual (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 23, 2018
They are not really open to new ideas presented by employees. It is their way only. They uphold the buddy-buddy system, if you are a yes sir type of person, this is the job for you.
Good culture/poor leadership
PRINCIPLE RESEARCH ENGINEER (Current Employee) –  Brewster, NYApril 20, 2018
A good company culture that needs vision and leadership from the business decision makers to achieve their growth goals. Significant investment in infrastructure is needed.
Pros
Good work/life balance
Cons
Lack of vision and leadership from the top management
It was non-US branch on the company
Product Trainer (Former Employee) –  RussiaApril 19, 2018
I don't think my review will be relevant since I worked outside of US and for non-US branch of the company. It was a great place to develop a career.
Down to earth, yet innovative
Confidentail (Current Employee) –  NashvilleApril 18, 2018
I really enjoy working at AkzoNobel. It's a family oriented environment, they offer great opportunities to advance, and it's inspiring to be part of a global company. They take care of their employees by offering solid benefits.
Pros
Great benefits, pay, and good people.
Cons
Commuting to the location, although it's centrally located.
Solid team enviroment
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Heyworth, ILApril 16, 2018
Very team oriented, as a field employee there were always resources that I could reach our to for assistance/ideas. Really good work/life balance. Hardest part was a lot of paperwork for projects/Line of sight on projects. Really good people/culture made most days light and enjoyable.
AkzoNobel
PC CENTER ASSISTANT SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Coraopolis, PAApril 6, 2018
Some days were slow paced some days were hectic. An inconsistent corporate structure, and inconsistent site management made the work environment stressful at times. There was also no room for advancement.
Na
Quality Control Chemistry Technician (Former Employee) –  Morris, ILApril 6, 2018
Good place to work. The hours are tough. with regards to switching hours weekly. There is a lot of overtime. I like the management they were all good people.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AkzoNobel. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

3.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight