AkzoNobel

AkzoNobel Culture reviews

Akzo Nobel is a Dutch company that has a US subsidiary. As such the chance for advancement past middle management is limited, but the culture is good and the work interesting.
Pros
Work Life Balance
Cons
US Subsidiary
Stay Away Unless Your Desperate
Stay away form this place unless your desperate for a job. The culture in the production department is horrible. The Building manager is a bully with a little man syndrome. People are constantly suspended or walked out for simply questioning him. Human Resources or lack there of is a joke. HR doesn't help with anything and will simply tell you to call corporate. The environment is harsh and dirty. They make empty promises. With some management changes and a competitive pay rate with their competitors this place could be better.
Pros
none well a they talk about a bonus that they never pay out
Cons
managment, environment, pay scale
why i left AKZO
I love this company as a whole

the team in Amsterdam and team in Singapore are wonderful wonderful

they are creative, innovation, poinner and fun to deal with.

lots to learn, lots to explore.
Pros
innovation
Cons
bad CEO at that time, no ethial and moral
Very hectic work environment
Very uptight, negative atmosphere due to a quick-paced, cut-throat work environment. Otherwise, it paid the bills and offered good overall benefits for the most part.
Pros
Employee award and recognition programs
Cons
Back breaking work under extreme temperatures in the heat
Great place to learn
My time at AkzoNobel was a great learning experience. At first, I had wonderful chances to grow and expand, but things got slow as a change of the seemed to focus on office politics instead of merit. Maybe I just had a bad experience....
Excellent place to work must be team orientated
Loved working for Akzo Nobel great learning environment not only job related skills but team building experiences with opportunity to go along with your drive.
Pros
Team orintated enviorment
Cons
not many to speak of
fun environment
great place to start a career
relaxed environment
great benefits and 401k match

nice place to learn about automotive paint

celebrate events in employees lives
Restructure
job culture is ok, but the company is in a constant reorganization. every 2-3 years. job security is really bad. pay is about standard and work to job is about normal.
Good culture/poor leadership
A good company culture that needs vision and leadership from the business decision makers to achieve their growth goals. Significant investment in infrastructure is needed.
Pros
Good work/life balance
Cons
Lack of vision and leadership from the top management
Solid team enviroment
Very team oriented, as a field employee there were always resources that I could reach our to for assistance/ideas. Really good work/life balance. Hardest part was a lot of paperwork for projects/Line of sight on projects. Really good people/culture made most days light and enjoyable.
Is a great workplace
My day at work is fun filled, while working. Everyone gets along, even while our trainers are teaching us. I presume we all learned how to work together as a team, while helping others as we get our own jobs done. The expertise management is highly expected, and is always there. The most difficult part of my job, is leaving at the end of the day. We all feel like one big family. I absolutely love the meetings where we all get together and discover how to make our working environment a better place.
Pros
Always sales going on for our children
Cons
Should have a little more insurance coverage
Diverse and challenging work environment. Offers opportunity for growth, career advancement and challenge.
Great work environment, offering opportunities to contribute and join diverse teams and discussions. Management is supportive. Great coworkers. I enjoy the challenge my role presents and the flexibility I have to be creative and innovative.
Pros
work - life balance
good
good place to work

good management

good workplace culture

good friendship and co workers

work from 8 am to 5 pm

learn a lot of human resources

good ledearship
Fantastic company!
This is truly a great company with very progressive benefits in comparison to a lot of US based business. There is also a strong culture to promote within.
Great Company AWFUL Management
The company is a great company. They pay well and offer great benefits, however, the management and culture in the lab needs a serious overhaul. Supervisors gossip about other employees and foster animosity between different shifts (there is plenty WITHOUT their help, but they make it worse). There is little to no disciplinary action against favorites or on shifts that lack proper supervision so the same people make the same mistakes on a daily basis with no consequences. These mistakes/ short-cuts end up causing whomever is unlucky enough to pick up that person's batch to spend HOURS trying to fix an error that could have been prevented had the person done the right thing initially. Why would they though if no one cares and there are no consequences for doing the wrong thing? People falsify results and manipulate test parameters to get batches in spec and management doesn't care. This job is less about QUALITY and more about NUMBERS. I'm not entirely sure I would even recommend this position at this location to someone I DIDN'T like, much les someone that I did.
Pros
hour lunch, benefits, pay
Cons
Management, mandated overtime
Friendly Enviroment
Friendly environment and work culture. A typical day was spending 7 out of 8 hours on your feet, so you always left feeling exhausted. However, there was room for job advancement.
Pros
Great Canteens
Productive Fun And Safe
Great people to work with
Learn how to do all task

workplace culture its hot during the summer time and cold during the winters
management team we have here are usless
Productive enjoyable work environement
typical 8hr work day
learned process improvement techniques to maximize efficiency

management was very helpful and well structured

the workplace culture was very well trained and easy to work with
hardest part of the job was shutdowns and startups of the plant
the most enjoyable was building great relationships with my bosses and coworkers
Pros
free lunches, plantwide lunches occasionally, pay was competible
Balanced

Average Pay

Growth Opportunities

Sales Environment
Good salary, benefits-poor management
The job is never boring and the days always bring something new-the benefits offered and salary are great!
The workplace culture has gotten increasingly negative and management doesn't listen to their teams. There is no encouragement from management regarding growth and are double standards for managers and their employees.
The most enjoyable part of the job are coworkers-coworkers strive to create a 'teamwork' environment and gladly help out when needed-it's unfortunate that the managers don't do the same. It should be noted that there is a high turnover rate which is questionable considering the benefits and salary.
Good place to learn
Good management
Good benefits

Hard to change department

3 shifts working

Open overtime

Good place to learn job culture
Hard to grow
Not very good payrolls
Ask a question about working or interviewing at AkzoNobel. Our community is ready to answer.
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP50%
In the Top 50% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at AkzoNobel.