Alabama A&M University Employee Reviews

Internship
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJuly 11, 2018
I started an internship which turned into a job. The manager was very sweet. There was always a lot of work and there was a team to help through everything.
Toxic work environment in some departments
Salaried Employee (Former Employee) –  Normal, ALJuly 9, 2018
Poor customer service and lack of team work and unity. Team mates were cut throat and verbally abusive toward certain individuals and it appeared to be work place bullying.
AAMU stressful but enjoyable
Chef De Cuisine (Former Employee) –  West CampusJune 26, 2018
A typical work day consist of coming in sometimes at 6am to prep food food for students breakfast, lunch and dinner. It was enjoyable to know that I was cooking for students who were away from home and they had a balanced meal 3 times a day.
Fun and cut throat
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Normal, ALMay 30, 2018
I thoroughly have enjoyed my time here on campus at Alabama A&M University. Although the job can sometimes be a bit overwhelming, it can also be fun and you can enjoy what you do.
Pros
Off two weeks at Christmas, all major holidays and a week for Thanksgiving
Cons
ragedy buildings
Overall balanced
Research Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Normal, ALMay 29, 2018
Alabama A&M isn't a company but is has been beneficial for me ever since I enrolled in the Institution. I'm currently still attending Alabama A&M and working on obtaining my degree in Forestry.
Productive work place
Records Management Clerk (Former Employee) –  Normal, ALMay 23, 2018
Productive and fun workplace to work, learn and enhance your skills.
Enjoyed the two weeks off during Christmas
Management was average
The most enjoyable part of the job meeting and networking with others
Pros
One Hour Lunch & Paid Holidays
Cons
Very Stressful at times
Rewarding ahd satifying work
College of Education (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMay 16, 2018
Serving students and the University mission is the real pay-off. Good faculty and staff understand this is the real reward; no one stays for the paycheck.
Pros
Gratifying work
Cons
No merit increases
I loved my time of employment at Alabama A&M University
Administrative Assistant (Graduate Assistant) (Former Employee) –  Normal, ALMay 9, 2018
From the groundskeepers to management, to the President of the University, my experience of employment at the University was a positive lifelong experience. If it were not for relocating, I would definitely apply for another position there.
Pros
Experience
Cons
A decent place to begin a career
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMay 5, 2018
There are aspects of the company that need to be worked on. They need to listen to their workers more and implement some changes into the office. The moral is sub-par and could be increased if management would pay attention.
It was great !
Desk Assistant (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMay 2, 2018
I would definitely recommend the job ! It was a great experience that I personally would not trade for the world . I love the people there and the culture. Long Live Thy Fame !
Pros
Great School
Cons
Na
Buyer (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALApril 27, 2018
Working here is a trip the hardest part is getting people to change the old way of doing things. Each department is different. A lot depends on who your supervisor is.
MBA Program Assistant (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALApril 9, 2018
Overall a good place to work. All of my coworkers are nice people. The most enjoyable part is assisting students: whether that be finding an office or questions about the mba program.
Awesome
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Normal, ALApril 3, 2018
Working at A&M was an awesome experience. I was able to work while continuing to complete my studies as an Accounting student. my work never interfered with my education.
It was good for a struggling college student
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMarch 22, 2018
I didn't have a big role at the university. I was a student working bi-weekly so the pay was good enough to get by. The hours were very flexible and were dictated by my program coordinator.
Fun place to work
GIS Specialist (Graduate Research Assistant) (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMarch 21, 2018
There is always something to get you busy in this role, especially when you get to deal with student requests. There are friendly people everywhere and there is always a reason to look forward to the next day at work.
Pros
Friendly people everywhere
Cons
Strong politics
I worked at the Small Business Development Center
Procurement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMarch 7, 2018
I worked offsite at the Small Business Development Center. It was a formal working environment, but the people were friendly. The hardest part of the job was trying to teach people how to start their own small business when I had never worked in a small business.
Graduate Student
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Normal, ALFebruary 20, 2018
I was a graduate assistant to a math professor. Just earning part time money for my graduate degree. It was a wonderful experience to work and be able to attend classes as well. A great experience.
Helping other is the ultimate satisfaction
Supplemental Instructor (SI) (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALFebruary 15, 2018
The most important thing I learned as a tutor and SI is that there are different kinds of students in college and most of them have the same issue, and they need a different way of approach in order to get the help they need. Proper training has the most significant impact in choosing the right technique to address. The school has provided me the training I need to implement.So, I have never been satisfied as much as I am right now and through the course of time, I have learned a lot in this job which required a set of skills in order to achieve what is desired.
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALFebruary 7, 2018
I worked for the best Dean anyone can ask for. The time that I spent working with him was most rewarding and educational. His overall demeanor was both exciting and rewarding.
Pros
Positive actions
Cons
Unpleasant employee attitudes.
Graduate Student Assistantship (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJanuary 27, 2018
Employment at Alabama A&M University was based on full-time enrollment and 3.0 GPA. The atmosphere was appropriate, collaborative, and friendly. My employment ended due to me receiving assistance for a certain period until research for my degree was completed. Left on good standing