Alabama Cooperative Extension System Employee Reviews

Exciting and Challenging
EFNEP Educator I & II (Current Employee) –  Marion, ALApril 23, 2018
Alabama Cooperative Extension System offers a productively challenging work opportunity. While meeting one people and forming "must-needed" rapport, it offers the opportunity to be afforded a great relationship with key players within the community.
Enjoyed working toward a goal with the students.
Agent Assistant I (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALOctober 11, 2017
Conducted lesson plan with students. Interacted with each lesson. Provided material to assist the students. Completed 12 lessons and a community project. I enjoyed instructing the students on completing each lesson and project
Pros
Completing a rewarding project.
Cons
Travel
Great People
Intern (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALApril 6, 2017
This position brought be out of my comfort zone and really stretched me. It has been an amazing opportunity to get to know new people with a variety of interest that all work very well together.
Great work environment with variety of projects and fun coworkers.
Associate Designer (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALDecember 1, 2016
My boss really tried to give me projects that would further my learning and push me towards my interests. There was a good balance of practical work and extraordinary work that kept my creativity going. I felt my skills were being polished, and I got the sense of what a real world job would be like. All of us in the department had to work together on most projects which made us a closer team. Besides a couple of really fun projects, it was my coworkers that really made the job fun.
Productive and professional workplace.
Program Assistant (Current Employee) –  Normal, ALAugust 10, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the community and not being confined to a traditional office space. Working with Cooperative Extension System has been amazing thus far.
Alabama Cooperative Extension System is an excellent place to work
Adaminstrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Scottsboro ALAugust 10, 2015
This was a good place to work, because there was always training so you could learn even more about the job. I learn all my computer skills through the training they provided. I always got along with my co-works. They were very nice people to work with and they will tell you the same about me. A typical day at work was most of the time good. I came in contact with a lot of people. Management always went well at the job site. I did not really have anything hard at this job. Most enjoyable part was meeting the public and knowing that I could do my job well.
Aces
Graduate Assistant/Monday-Friday (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMay 5, 2015
Extensions focuses on agriculture such as farming, nutrition, and the environment. We have specialists in all the above mentioned areas that are highly capable performing.
Pros
Nice work environment
Review
4-H Agent Asst. (Current Employee) –  Marshall CountyMarch 17, 2014
Alabama Cooperative Extension System (Part time Aug. 2011- Present)
4-H Agent Assistant (Marshall County)
Work with schools and leaders promoting children in 4-H program and character building
Conduct monthly club meetings and programming to 22 county and city school classroom clubs
Plan and implement educational programs for youth ages 9-19
Plan and implement an annual competitive events for 300+ students and families
Encourage and attend several state 4-H functions with local 4-Her’s
Create a responsible relationship with school leaders, youth and their families as well as other community officials
Create a relaxed and exciting environment for youth to learn new life skills
Inform and encourage youth on upcoming events to participate in
Responsible for marketing the Marshall County 4-H program
Evaluate and maintain records of programming for reporting
Participate and encourage youth in local and state community service projects
Work on calendars, newsletters and handbooks
Multi dimensional work space
PROGRAM EVENT AND GRANT COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Normal, ALMarch 15, 2013
A typical day at work normally is busy, work on a grant funded by 4-H Council called the Alabama 4-H LIFE Mentoring Program. I work with incarcerated youth where I am brainstorming and creating new activites, recruit and train E-Mentors, prepare and schedule quarterly meetings, keep track of financial expenditures by creating a financial database for each year the grant was awarded.
Research and update information on Urban Counties in Alabama, any new demographic date, socio-economic data etc. that is available and other office things that need to be done.
Pros
flexibility, people i interact with
Productive and Welcoming Environment
Student Representative (Current Employee) –  Normal, ALDecember 14, 2012
The atmosphere was one that was very productive and goal oriented. The setting was very professional and stern, but room was still made for social office activities such as Thanksgiving and Christmas luncheons. The coworkers were very easy to work with and the supervisors were very understanding in regards to personal circumstance. There was sometimes a struggle with balancing work life and home life due to the extra activities that the system would partake in which would occasionally consume my personal time, for which I was not compensated.
Pros
lenient work hours, open communication amongst employees and supervisors
Cons
i did not receive any type of benefits seeing that i was not a full time employee at the system
Very Productive Workplace.
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALAugust 12, 2012
I have enjoyed working at Alabama Cooperative Extension. My supervisor was very nice and easy to work with.
Exciting place to work
Clerical Tech Assistant (Former Employee) –  Normal, ALJuly 27, 2012
Community relations programs that are exciting to ploan and execute.
Pros
work schedule flexibility
Cons
compensation