Alabama Shakespeare Festival Employee Reviews

An enjoyable place to work when the family values are allowed to be shown.
Maintenance and Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALOctober 9, 2018
When I first started working in this building things were descent. I was told at one point that the people in this building were a family and for 5-6 years that was how everyone was treated. Then we had a change in upper management and it became known or believed that you were no longer an individual or an asset to the company you are a name attached, you are a number and you are completely expendable no matter how long you have been here you are not subject to any respect or consideration. For example: you can be let go with no warning or notice no matter how your work ethic was. You will be let go.
Pros
People
Cons
Job security, secretive, seperation based on pay/status
Exciting job with great pay
Spotlight Operator (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALOctober 1, 2018
Typical day at work included listening to stage manager and lighting designer give light cues. Loved the music involved with the plays and musicals. Long hours but good pay!
Educational
Acting Intern (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJuly 3, 2018
I learned a lot as an intern at the Alabama Shakespeare Festival. The knowledge I gained there assisted me returning to school to complete my degree.
Pros
Learning about the entire theatre process
Bravo
Repertory Actress and set designer (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALApril 10, 2018
Great community theater and directing/acting team producing excellent theater in the south. Seasonal. Expect to work weekend in the high season. Family friendly.
Pros
Team
Cons
NOne
Love my job
Carpenter (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALDecember 31, 2017
I love my job, but the people who work scheduling have no clue what goes on. They will not hire more people, but continue to thin out the group. The group runs ragged and they don't care.
Fun and exciting. Never boring.
Box Office Associate (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALNovember 2, 2017
This is one of the most exciting places to work. Those who are artistic and/or appreciate the arts will fall in love with the culture. The location and the actual architecture is beautiful.
Fun and Quick paced
Wardrobe Dresser (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALNovember 1, 2017
Alabama Shakes was an interesting environment and very fun. It was quick paced and very great for a upcoming actor. it was amazing to see the process of things on a daily
Front of the House Manager
Front of the House Manager (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJanuary 23, 2016
I LOVED this job. It allowed me to be in a professional management position while immersing myself in the arts. I only wish this had been a full time, permanent position.
Productive...Fun place to work in
Front of House Staff (Part-Time and Internship) (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALApril 13, 2015
ASF is a great environment to work in. Management is really great. Very Flexible schedule. The most enjoyable part of the job is providing great customer service for patrons.
Intresting place to work
Ticket Consultant & Photographer (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJanuary 27, 2014
Sales of Tickets fo Performances
Gift Shop Sales
Travel Reservations
Creating Flyers and Promotional Brochures in Adobe Photoshop.
Exciting Experience
Production Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALMarch 21, 2013
My experience working at ASF was fairly exciting. I had the opportunity to work with award-winning actors/actresses as well as some very talented up-and-coming actors/actresses. As the production management intern, I was offered the opportunity to work with a group of stellar individuals & gained insight on the business aspects of running a theatrical production. The most enjoyable part of that job was being able to use what I learned to successfully carry out office tasks in the production personnels' absences.
Pros
new opportunity, new knowledge, free tickets, amazing co-workers, free food occasionally
Cons
insignificant work occasionally, no career opportunity, low pay
Customer service professionals,
Guest Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALMay 30, 2012
This is a great company to work for, the people are professional on all levels. I love management, always training so that the employees could serve the partons to the best of our abliity. My co-workers always were looking out for each other, making sure each shift knew about any situation or circumstances that might have occured. I love this job and management. The most enjoyable part of the job, was event planning and opening night. The hardest part of the job was finding good volunteers to work along side my paid staff.
Pros
pizza days, just to say thank you. holiday parties, always encouraging
Cons
long weekend hours
Great place to work!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJanuary 18, 2012
I worked in the box office. Great place to work to experience a little bit of culture in Montgomery, AL. Also, a great way to meet Montgomery's elite-senators and representatives, congressmen, news anchors, etc.
Pros
free or discounted tickets to plays, great work for teenagers and college students
Cons
hours are low in the down season