Alachua County, FL Employee Reviews

Working for Alachua County has been such a great experience!
Intern (Current Employee) –  Alachua, FLJuly 23, 2018
My workday always was stress free and consisted of creative elements which I love! My most favorite part of working as an intern was being able to connect with my love for reading but also being able to learn so much about the library and the librarians themselves.
Ran like a modern day plantation
Traffic Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Hague, FLNovember 8, 2017
Alachua County is a progressive liberal ran and controlled county..need I say more? Desk jockey types make a living wage, men that are out working and sweating are treated like expendable cattle. Bottom line, maintain your dignity and get away from this county.
Pros
4 10 hour shifts
Cons
Bullying goes unchecked and the status quo WILL remain unchanged.
Great
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLDecember 22, 2016
A good government agency to work for benefits, money and support. Chance to promote 4 day work week 3 day weekend
This company is political and offers beneficial for the standard employee. If not in the circle of things, you'll have a terrible time here. abundant here. Organized company and has realistic expectations.
Benefits
Cons
As government goes, Alachua County is one of the better organizations.
Applications Manager (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJuly 26, 2013
Under the guidance of the County Manager from 2000 to 2012, the county ran like a top. The most effective chief executive the county has ever seen. The departments and governance of county services was well managed and regulated. The culture was fair, open, and respectful. County leaders respect and appreciate the value staff bring to the organization and they have good rewards programs, professional development opportunities, and always look inside the organization to fill vacancies as promotional opportunities before going outside the organization. It's a great place to work, or at least it was when I was there.
Pros
Flex/comp time, work life balance, telecommuting, relaxed environment and dress codes, emphasis on good performance and communication, strategy and planning, real direction, mission, and vision.
Cons
Like any government organization promotional opportunities are limited and competitive.